Huawei Ascend P1 manual table of contents:
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 1
Welcome to HUAWEI
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 2
... a Call ...25 Making a Conference Call ...26 Switching Between Calls ...26 Supplementary Services ...27 Using the Voicemail Service ...28
Getting Started ...8
Powering Your Phone On or Off ...8 Configuring Your Phone for the First Time ...8 Switching...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 3
... Message Ringtone ...
31 32 32 33 34 34 35 36 37 37 38 39 40 40 40 40
Using Talk ...41
Data Connection ...43
Turning On Mobile Data Services ...43 Using Wi-Fi ...43 Sharing Your Phone's Data Connection ...45 Controlling Data Usage ...47 Bluetooth ...49 DLNA ...50
Text Input ...34
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 4
Managing Bookmarks ...60 Setting the Home Page ...61 Customizing Browser Settings ...61
Enabling the Location Service ...Opening Maps ...Searching for Places of Interest ...Getting Directions ...62 62 62 62
Adding an Audio File to a Playlist ...72 Playing a Playlist ...72 Playing an ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 5
Configuring Phone Settings ...88
Setting the Date and Time ...Configuring the Display Settings ...Adjusting the Volume ...Setting the Call Ringtone ...Security Settings ...Restoring Factory Settings ...Online Upgrade ...88 88 89 89 90 92 92
FAQs ...93 Appendix ...96
Safety Precautions ...96 ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 6
... on the specific phone purchased. Please visit www.huaweidevice.com/worldwide/support/hotline for recently updated hotline and email address in your ... descriptions. Help you to solve a problem quickly and efficiently. Warnings and precautions. If the instructions in this document are not followed, ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 7
Keys and Functions
Charger jack/USB port Headset jack Earpiece SIM card slot Secondary camera Status indicator Power key microSD card slot Main camera Noise reduction microphone Volume keys Flash unit
• Press and hold to power on your phone. • Press and hold to display the options...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 8
• Touch to return to the Home screen. • Touch and hold to view the list of recently used applications.
Installing a SIM Card
Install a SIM card as shown in the following diagram.
Standard USIM card dimension: 25 mm x 15 mm x 0.76 mm (DxWxH)
When installing the SIM card, push the card into ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 9
Installing and Removing a microSD Card
Your phone's memory capacity can be expanded by installing a microSD card. For installation instructions, refer to the following diagram.
When installing the microSD card, push the card into the slot until it clicks into place. To remove the microSD card: 1. ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 10
... rechargeable battery. Do not attempt to open the battery cover and replace the battery by yourself. To replace the battery, contact Huawei or an authorized service provider.
2. Connect the charger to a power outlet. 3. Connect the phone to the USB cable. The battery will now start charging. While ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 11
...phone battery yourself. To replace the battery, contact Huawei or an authorized service provider. • Using data services increases the phone's power consumption and will reduce battery life. • The time required ...consumption: • When you do not need 3G services, select the Use only 2G networks...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 12
... bar downwards to open the notification panel and touch connection. to disable your data
• When you do not need to use the phone's wireless services such as GPS, Bluetooth, or Wi-Fi, open the notification panel, and touch functions. , , or to disable these respective
• Touch Display > ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 13
... an airplane.
Restarting Your Phone
1. Press and hold to display the options menu. 2. Touch Restart > OK to restart your phone.
Configuring Your Phone for the First Time
A configuration wizard is displayed the first time the phone is powered on. Follow the instructions to configure your phone.
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 14
... asked before account recovery in the event of the password being forgotten, and then touch Next.
Creating a Google Account
Availability of Google applications, services, and features may vary according to your country or carrier. Please follow local laws and regulations to use them.
When turning ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 15
... phone backed up with my Google Account check box, and then touch Next. 10. When the Use Google location screen appears, select the option for Google's location service, and then touch Next. 11. Touch Finish.
To use another Google account, go to the Accounts & sync
screen by touching > Settings > ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 16
Power off your phone or switch to Airplane mode where wireless devices are not allowed according to airline regulations.
Using the Touchscreen
Touch: Tap the screen once with your finger to select an item or open an application.
Flick: Move your finger either vertically or horizontally across the...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 17
... select a method for unlocking the screen.
Unlocking the Screen
1. If the screen is off, press until it reaches . to turn it on. to the right
• When the screen is locked, flick to the left or right in the clock area to switch to Music+ controller.
2. Follow the onscreen instructions and drag
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 18
... your phone using the Face Unlock function, bring your face to the center of the screen. Your phone will identify your face and unlock.
2. Read the onscreen instructions, and then touch Set it up > Continue to take a photo. 3. Ensure that your face is at the center of the capture screen, and then ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 19
Your phone is preloaded with multiple themes. The screen layout varies depending on the theme. The default theme is used as an example in this section.
1 2 3 4
Notification bar: Displays notifications and status icons. Flick the notification bar downwards to open the notification ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 20
Notification and Status Icons
Signal strength GPRS network connected EDGE network connected 3G network connected HSPA network connected No signal
Airplane mode Receiving location data from GPS Alarm enabled Silence mode Charging Battery extremely low
Bluetooth on GPRS network in use ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 21
...New mail in your Gmail account Message not sent New email Connected to a PC
Open Wi-Fi network available Uploading
Upcoming event Downloading • Storage location can be changed • Sign-in or synchronization problem More undisplayed notifications
Phone memory full
Preparing the microSD card
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 22
Synchronizing data Portable Wi-Fi hotspot activated Connected to a VPN Headset plugged in
Synchronizatio n failed USB tethering Select input method SIM card not found
Switching Between the Home Screen and Its Extensions
Flick left or right across the screen to switch between the Home screen and ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 23
Changing the Theme
• To select a theme, on the Home screen, touch settings. • Alternatively, you can touch Home theme. > Theme
and select a source from the displayed options menu to set the wallpaper.
Using Auto-rotate Screen
If your rotate your phone when browsing a web page, viewing an ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 24
Managing the Notification Panel
Using the notification panel, you can check your network operator and view notifications, reminders, and events. To open the notification panel, flick the notification bar downward. From here you can: • Quickly open or close an application. • Flick left or right ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 25
Viewing Recently Used Applications
To display the list of recently used applications, press and hold . To open an application, touch the corresponding thumbnail. To close the application, flick left or right across the screen.
• To customize the size of a widget: You can adjust the size of some ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 26
• To rename a folder: On the Home screen, touch a folder, and then touch the folder name field beneath it. • To delete a folder: On the Home screen, touch and hold a folder, and then drag it to the trash can. • To move a folder to the shortcut bar: On the Home screen, touch and hold a folder,...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 27
To make a call, you can manually enter phone numbers on the dialer, touch a number in your contacts list or call log, or use voice control. During a call, you can choose to keep the current call on hold to answer an incoming call, forward the incoming call to your voicemail, or start a ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 28
...application, your phone's speaker will be enabled.
Background noise will affect the accuracy of voice dialing.
1. On the Home screen, touch
> Voice Dialer.
2. Follow the onscreen instructions, then say your command close to the microphone. Your phone will identify the command and make a call.
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 29
Answering or Rejecting a Call
When a call comes in, you can: • Answer the call: Drag
to the right.
• Reject the call: Drag
to the left.
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 30
...: Places the current call on hold. This function is network dependent. To use this service, contact your network operator. : Displays your contacts list for... add to the current call. This function is network dependent. To use this service, contact your network operator.
On the Phone screen, touch > ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 31
... people at a time.
Contact your network operator to ask if conference calls are supported and, if yes, how many parties can participate.
Switching Between Calls
To use this service, subscribe to your operators's call switching function. For details, contact your network ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 32
Your phone supports multiple supplementary services, including call forwarding and call waiting. These services are network dependent. For details, contact your network operator.
With the call ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 33
Using the Voicemail Service
The voicemail function enables your phone to forward unanswered calls to your voicemail inbox, including ... to your voicemail messages, press and hold 1 on the dialer and follow the instructions.
To set your voicemail number: 1. On the Phone screen, touch settings. > ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 34
People enables you to save and manage contacts on your phone, including such details as your contacts' phone numbers and addresses. On the Home screen, touch > People to open People.
5. If you have more than one account on your phone, touch the account to which you want to import the ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 35
Communicating with a Contact Quickly
In the contacts list, touch the contact's picture or picture frame (if no picture is assigned to the contact) and touch one of the displayed icons to select the method you want to use to communicate with the contact, for example, placing a call, or sending a ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 36
Deleting a Contact
1. In the contacts list, select the contact you want to delete, and then touch 2. Touch OK. > Delete.
5. Touch DONE to save the contact group.
Editing a Contact Group
You can change a contact group at any time. To update the information or members: 1. Select a group, and touch ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 37
Adding a Contact to a Group
Select a group, touch to select the desired contact, and then touch ADD MEMBERS.
contacts to display the joined contacts list. Touch the cross sign X next to a contact to separate the contact.
Sending a Contact
You can send contacts as a .vcf file via Bluetooth, Email,...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 38
Backing Up Your Contacts
1. In the contacts list, touch > Manage contacts. 2. From the displayed options menu, choose Export to storage. A message is displayed showing the storage location to which the .vcf file of your contacts will be exported. 3. Touch OK to export your phone's contacts to the ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 39
The keyboard layout may vary slightly depending on the input method. Figures in this section are provided for your reference only.
Switching Between Text Input Methods
1. When the keyboard is displayed, open the notification panel. 2. Touch Select input method to select a desired input ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 40
Huawei Input Method
Using the Huawei Keyboard
Slide your finger left or right across the onscreen keyboard to switch between the QWERTY and alphanumeric keyboards. 1
When the text entry method is for lower-case letters, touch to capitalize the next letter you enter, or touch and hold to capitalize...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 41
Using the Android Keyboard
• Touch to enter a space. • Touch and hold to switch to another input method. • Touch to switch to voice input. • Touch and hold to go to the Input options screen. Touch to switch to the number and symbol keyboard.
• Touch to delete the ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 42
key to set whether the voice input key appears on the Android keyboard. You can enable or disable the voice input function by selecting or deselecting Google voice typing in the Settings > Language & input section. To select the language you want to use for voice input, touch voice typing. to the ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 43
To have the phone automatically change its screen orientation, select Auto-rotate screen.
Selecting an Input Method
To customize the settings of the input method you selected. 1. On the Home screen, touch input. > Settings > Language & next to an
2. In KEYBOARD & INPUT METHODS, touch input method...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 44
On the Home screen, touch message application. > Messaging to open the
Adding a Slideshow
To attach more than one file to your message: 1. On the message editing screen, touch . 2. Touch Slideshow to start editing the slideshow, or add another presentation slide...to send 3. When editing...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 45
4. Touch Done to finish composing your slideshow and return to the multimedia message screen.
To replace an image, touch Replace on the slide editing screen.
Customizing Message Settings
To customize settings such as text message settings, multimedia message settings, and message notification > ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 46
Talk is Google's instant messaging service. You can use it to communicate in real time with other people using Talk on a phone or on the Internet.
Accepting an Invitation
1. If you have invited someone to chat or if someone has invited you to chat, the invitation message is displayed in ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 47
Setting Notifications for New Instant Messages
When you receive an instant message, your phone can play a ringtone, vibrate, or display a notification icon.
1. On the accounts screen, touch 2. Select your account.
Vibrate: When the system set vibration first ,select
the check box to set your ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 48
Turning On Mobile Data Services
1. On the Home screen, touch > Settings. 2. In the WIRELESS &... networks. 3. Select the Data enabled check box.
services while roaming may incur additional ...detected Wi-Fi networks.
• Mobile networks services are provided by your network operator and ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 49
... connecting your device to a Wi-Fi hotspot, ensure that the Wi-Fi hotspot supports the WPS function.
• If Wi-Fi and mobile network are both enabled,... network when Wi-Fi is unavailable. • To add a new Wi-Fi hotspot Service Set Identifier (SSID), on the Wi-Fi settings screen touch ADD NETWORK. •...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 50
2. In the displayed dialog box, select the Show advanced options check box. In the WPS section, touch Off, and then select PIN from access point > Connect from the displayed options menu. The selected Wi-Fi access point will received a PIN. 3. Enter the PIN to your phone, and touch then Connect. ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 51
• You cannot share your phone's data connection via USB tethering and access its microSD card as a mass storage device at the same time. • Using USB tethering will incur data traffic charges. For details, contact your network operator.
Sharing Your Phone's Data Connection as a Portable Wi-Fi ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 52
Controlling Data Usage
With Data usage, you can set a data usage cycle and the mobile data limit for this period. You will be notified when data usage reaches the set limit. You can also query the data usage within a certain period or by a certain application. On the Home screen, touch > Settings >...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 53
Touch Mobile Data to turn on or off the mobile data function. The mobile data function must be turned on to configure data control and query data usage. Select the Set mobile data limit check box. When data traffic reaches the preset limit, your phone's mobile data connection will be disabled. ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 54
Your phone supports Bluetooth, which allows you to transfer data to and from paired Bluetooth devices.
When using Bluetooth, stay within 10 meters (33 feet) of other Bluetooth devices. Note that obstacles such as walls or other electronic equipment may block or interfere with your ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 55
3. In the WIRELESS & NETWORKS section, touch Bluetooth. Your phone will then scan for other Bluetooth devices within range. 4. From the list of the Bluetooth devices searched, choose the device you want to connect, and then follow the onscreen information to pair. To disconnect from the Bluetooth ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 56
...Email, you can easily send and receive emails.
3. Follow the onscreen instructions to configure the account settings.
Configure the email account based on the instructions provided by your email service provider. For specific settings, access the website of ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 57
... > Exchange to add an Exchange account. If you have not set up any email accounts, touch Exchange to create an Exchange account. 3. Follow the instructions and enter the required information about the Exchange account you want to add. For details, contact the server administrator. 4. Touch Next to ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 58
2. Touch also touch
> Reply all to reply to the email. You can > Forward to forward the email.
Deleting an Email Account
1. On the Inbox screen, touch account settings screen. > Settings to display the
Viewing an Email
In your Inbox, touch the email you want to view. You can also touch to ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 59
Gmail is Google's web-based email service. When you first set up your phone, you may have to set it up to use an existing Gmail account or create an account. The first time you open Gmail on your phone, the Inbox screen is displayed.
Switching Between Accounts
1. From the email list, touch ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 60
3. Enter the email subject, and then write your email in the composition field.
If you want to send an attachment with the email, touch then Attach file to select the file to be attached. ,
• If you touched content.
or selected Reply all, add message
• If you selected Forward, enter the ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 61
... notification bar.
• You can search for a desired application in Play Store by touching .
When you open Play Store for the first time, the Google Play Terms of Service window will appear. Touch Accept to continue.
Installing an Application from Play Store
1. Open the Play Store application.
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 62
• On the application details screen, touch the application.
To install an application that was not downloaded from Android Play Store, touch > Settings > Security from the Home screen, and then select the Unknown sources check box before installation.
Uninstalling an Application from ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 63
... the Home screen, touch to view the application list. > Settings > Apps > ALL 2. Touch an application to view its details. 3. To uninstall the application, touch Uninstall and follow the onscreen instructions.
In the application list, touch the applications by size. > Sort by size to re-arrange
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 64
...to enable or disable the privacy protection and blocking functions, go to service. phone startup, go to phone startup. > Settings > Enable
•..., your phone blocks calls and messages from contacts on the
• To specify whether to enable or disable Enable service at > Settings > Enable service at
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 65
Browsing a Web Page
1. On the Home screen, touch browser. > Browser to launch the 2. Enter a website address in the address box at the top.
• Touch to view the thumbnails of all web pages currently open, from where you can switch between pages. • Touch + to open a new browser window.
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 66
SAVED PAGES tab to view saved pages.
Setting the Home Page
1. In a browser window, touch homepage. > Settings > General > Set 2. Select one page from the list, or touch other to enter the URL of the desired homepage, and then touch OK.
Customizing Browser Settings
To customize your browser ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 67
.... The Maps application will shows its location on the map.
Enabling the Location Service
Enable the location service before using Maps to find your location or search for places of interest. 1. On the Home screen, touch 2. Touch Location services. 3. Select the Google's location service, GPS ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 68
2. Enter your start point in the first text box and your destination in the second. 3. Touch the icon for driving, public transit, or walking directions. 4. Touch GET DIRECTIONS. Directions are displayed in a list. 5. Touch a direction in the list to show it on the map. 6. When you finish viewing ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 69
Capturing Photos and Videos
Your phone supports various capture modes and picture effects, with which you can take a photo, record a video, and share the photos and videos.
7 6 5
On the Home screen touch > Camera to activate the camera. You can then take a picture. On the...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 70
• Touch to take a photo. 2 • Touch and hold to focus the camera, and then release your finger to take a photo. 3 4 Thumbnail of the previous shot. Touch to view the photos you just took. Viewfinder screen. Touch anywhere to focus the camera. 6 7 5
Touch to display the options menu as follows ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 71
customize the camera settings or select a picture effect. When you are customizing the settings, the image displayed on the viewfinder screen changes accordingly. 2. Press the volume buttons to zoom in or zoom out. 3. Touch anywhere on the viewfinder screen to focus the camera. 4. Touch to take a ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 72
> Settings > Location services, and select the GPS satellites check box.
Video Camera Mode
On the Home screen touch > Camera to activate the video camera. Switch to camcorder mode to start recording. On the capture screen, touch to exit the camera.
7 6 5
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 73
2 3 4
Touch to start recording. Thumbnail of the previous recording. Touch to view the video you just recorded. Viewfinder screen. Touch to display the options menu as follows: •
Switch between the front and rear cameras.
Recording a Video
1. Open Camera and switch to video capture...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 74
to enter the gallery.
• Touch to send the video via a multimedia message, an email, Bluetooth and more. • Touch > Delete to delete a video.
• Flick left or right across the screen to switch between videos.
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 75
Your Gallery application is a great tool for managing photos and videos.
2. On the picture editing screen, you can:
Viewing Photos or Videos
1. On the Home screen touch > Gallery to open the media library. In Gallery, touch the desired folder to view its contents. 2. Touch the photo ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 76
1 Save the changes. 2 Undo the last step or redo the canceled step. 3 Crop or rotate the picture, or remove red eye. 4 Adjust the hue or saturation, or set the picture to black and white. Change filtering effects such as Lomo, Documentary, or Vignette. Set exposure compensation, brightness, and ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 77
With a built-in music player, your phone enables you to play your favorite songs at any time.
2. Touch and hold the audio file you want to add to a playlist, and choose Add to playlist from the displayed options menu. • To add the audio file to a new playlist, touch New playlist. ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 78
2. Touch and hold the playlist you want to play. 3. From the displayed menu, touch Play.
Playing an Audio File
1. Select a tab on the media library screen. 2. Select a playlist and touch the desired audio file to play. When playing the music, you can:
Enter the media library.
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 79
2 3 4
Activate or deactivate the Dolby Mobile sound effect. Display the playlist. Progress slider, showing the playback progress of the current song. Control keys. Touch to pause, to play the previous song, and next song. to continue, to play the
Copying an Audio File
Audio files can be copied to...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 80
You can access files saved in the phone memory and on the microSD card from the PC and copy music to the microSD card.
Copying Audio Files to USB Mass Storage Devices
Before using this function, ensure that a microSD card is correctly installed. 1. Use a USB cable to connect your phone to the PC. ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 81
6. When the data is transferred, open the notification panel on your phone. Touch Turn off USB storage to display the USB Mass Storage screen, and then touch Turn off USB storage to disconnect your phone from the PC.
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 82
... applications to synchronize data such as contacts and emails with Internet services. To use an application to synchronize data, on the Home screen touch > Settings...select the account type you want to add. 2. Follow the onscreen instructions to enter account information.
3. Touch Remove account.
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 83
On the Accounts & sync screen, enable the account synchronization function, and your phone will synchronize your data in the background automatically.
Changing the Account Synchronization Settings
1. On the Accounts & sync screen, choose the account whose synchronization ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 84
Calendar enables you to easily manage and arrange events. To open the calendar, touch screen. > Calendar on the Home
to save the event.
Viewing a Calendar Event
On the Calendar screen, you can touch any of the events you want to view.
To switch between the ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 85
Setting an Event Reminder
1. You can touch any event on a calendar screen to view the event details. 2. To add a reminder for an event, touch Add reminder. To delete a reminder, touch X. 3. To set how long before the event you want to be reminded, touch the reminder period, and then select a ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 86
... using). The phone will then search for the file in all folders and display the search results in a list.
Compressing or Extracting Files
Your phone supports compressing files and extracting compressed files.
Files and folders can be compressed into .zip files, but can be extracted from both .zip ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 87
2. Touch and hold the file you want to compress, and then choose Compress from the displayed options menu. 3. In the displayed dialog box, edit the save path and name of the file compressed if necessary. Touch OK to start compressing the file. To compress multiple files, touch then > Select item...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 88
5. To set your phone to vibrate when the alarm goes off, select the Vibrate check box. 6. To name the alarm, touch Label. 7. To save your alarm, touch OK.
The alarms will ring even when your phone is powered off.
2. On the calculator screen, flick your finger left or right across the screen to ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 89
... screen, touch city. > Add city to add a
Turn on the GPS and data service on your phone before using Weather Clock.
When using Weather Clock, you ... default city, touch
Weather Clock Weather information can be updated in two ways, manually or automatically. On the Weather Clock
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 90
screen, touch > Refresh or to update the current city's weather. You can also set your phone to update Weather Clock automatically: 1. On the Weather Clock screen, touch 2. Select the Auto update check box. 3. Touch Update interval to set the interval for weather updates. > Settings.
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 91
Tune the radio to the next station. Access the station list. Turn the FM radio on or off. Activate or deactivate the speaker. Tune the radio to the previous station.
YouTube is Google's free online video streaming service for watching, searching for, and uploading videos.
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 92
On the Home screen, touch > YouTube.
Searching for a Video
1. On the YouTube screen, touch . 2. Enter appropriate keywords in the search box, and then touch the search icon. 3. The search results are displayed. Touch the video you want to watch.
Sharing a Video
From the video list...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 93
... by the network, you cannot set the date, time, and time zone manually.
1. On the Settings screen, touch Date & time. 2. Clear the Automatic date & time... to configure the following: • Brightness: Adjust the brightness. Clear the Automatic brightness check box to adjust the brightness manually.
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 94
• Wallpaper: Change the background picture of the Home screen. • Auto-rotate screen: If this function is enabled, when you rotate your phone while browsing a webpage, viewing a picture or composing a message, the screen display rotates to automatically fit the new screen orientation. • Sleep:...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 95
...a screen unlock pattern and require it to be used every time your screen is locked. 1. On the Settings screen, touch Security > Screen lock > Pattern. 2. Follow the onscreen instructions to set a screen unlock pattern. 3. Touch Continue. 4. Draw the screen unlock pattern again and touch Confirm.
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 96
Remember your unlock pattern. If you have set up a Google account, unlock your screen as follows if you forget the screen unlock pattern: • If you incorrectly draw the unlock pattern five times, a Forgot pattern? button is displayed. Touch this button to open the Google account login screen. ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 97
...> Factory data reset. 2. Touch Reset phone according to the onscreen instructions. Touch Erase everything. The phone is reset to its factory ... function for applications. You will be notified when updates are available. To upgrade manually, on the Settings screen, touch About phone > Online update to ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 98
...Use a microSD Card to Import Contacts from Another Phone？ Your phone supports only contact files in .vcf format.
1. Save the contacts you...a message asking whether you want to import the contacts. 4. Touch Confirm. Compatibility problems may occur with .vcf files created by other phones, and certain...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 99
...Import Contacts from Another Phone？ Your phone supports only contact files in .vcf format.... on the PC. 5. Open HiSuite and follow the instructions to complete the installation. 6. After the installation is complete,... list and choose Import. Follow the instructions and select the .vcf file from which...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 100
How Do I Change the Input Method？ On a text-composing screen, open the notification bar and touch Select input method to select a desired input method. How Do I Stop the Music Playing in the Background？ Open the notifications panel, touch the music playing notification to go to the music ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 101
Please read the safety precautions carefully to ensure the correct use of your mobile phone. Do not crash, throw, or puncture your mobile phone. Avoid the falling, squeezing, and bending of your mobile phone. Do not use your mobile phone in a moist environment, such as ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 102
... your mobile phone or its accessories. Only qualified personnel are allowed to service or repair the phone. Do not place your mobile ... others' privacy and legal rights when using your wireless device. Strictly follow the relevant instructions of this manual while using the USB cable. Otherwise your ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 103
... risk to avoid theft of your personal information. • If you use services such as Wi-Fi tether or Bluetooth, set passwords for these services to prevent unauthorized access. When these services are not in use, turn them off. • Install or upgrade device security software ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 104
.... Third party vendors use this information to improve their products and services. • If you have concerns about the security of your personal ... written consent of Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. The product described in this manual may include copyrighted software of Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. and...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 105
... may be limited by local network operators or network service providers. Thus the descriptions herein may ... or modify any information or specifications contained in this manual without prior notice and without ... will Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. provide support to customers who use these third-party ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 106
... to the platform. Therefore, this product may not support all the
functions that are supported by the standard Android platform or may be ... A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE MADE IN RELATION TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR CONTENTS OF THIS MANUAL. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 107
...in order to export, re-export or import the product mentioned in this manual including the software and technical data therein.
Warnings and Precautions
This section contains important information pertaining to the operating instructions of your device. It also contains information about how to ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 108
... a potentially explosive atmosphere, and comply with all signs and instructions. Areas that may have potentially explosive atmospheres include the areas ... deaths. Do not power on your device at refueling points such as service stations. Comply with restrictions on the use of radio equipment in fuel ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 109
• When you have to make or answer a call, park the vehicle at the road side before using your device. • RF signals may affect electronic systems of motor vehicles. For more information, consult the vehicle manufacturer. • In a motor vehicle, do not place the device over the air bag or in the ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 110
... before it eventually wears out. When the standby time and the talk time are shorter than the normal time, please contact Huawei or an authorized service provider. • Use the AC power supply defined in the specifications of the charger. An improper power voltage may cause a fire or a malfunction of...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 111
touches your skin or splashes into your eyes, wash your eyes with clean water immediately and consult a doctor. • If the power cable is damaged (for example, the cord is exposed or broken), or the plug loosens, stop using the cable at once. Otherwise, it may lead to an electric shock, a short ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 112
... In this case, stop using the device immediately, and then contact an authorized service center in time. Emergency Call You can use your device for emergency calls in the service area. The connection, however, cannot be guaranteed in all conditions. You should not ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 113
Accepting an Invitation...Accessing Applications ...Accessing Widgets ...Accounts and Synchronization ...Adding a Bookmark ...Adding a Contact to a Group ...Adding a Contact to Your Favorites ...Adding a Friend ...Adding a Slideshow ...Adding an Account...Adding an Alarm ...Adding an Audio ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 114
... DLNA ...50
Editing a Contact Group...31 Editing a Contact ...30 Editing a Picture...70 Editing Text ...37 Enabling Fast Boot...8 Enabling the Location Service ...62 export regulations ...102 Extracting a File ...82 Face Unlock ...13 Forwarding a Call...27 Forwarding an Email ...55 Freeing Up the ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 115
Installing an Application from Play Store ...56 Keys and Functions ...2 limitations of liability ...101 Locking the Screen ...12 Logging Out of Talk ...42 Making a Call from Contacts ...22 Making a Call from the Call Log...22 Making a Call Using the Dialer ...22 Managing Folders on the Home Screen ...
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 116
... ...26 Switching Between Text Input Methods ...34 Switching to the Advanced Panel ...83 Taking a Photo...65 third-party software statement ...100 Touchscreen Actions ...11 trademarks ...100 Transferring a File via Bluetooth ...50 Turning On Bluetooth ...49 Turning On Mobile Data Services ...43
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 117
... Connection ...44 WPS...44 Using Auto-rotate Screen ...18 Using Bluetooth ...49 Using Shortcuts ...19
Using the Android Keyboard ...36 Using the Huawei Keyboard...35 Using the Landscape Keyboard ...37 Using the Onscreen Keyboard ...34 Using the Voicemail Service ...28 Using the WPS Button ...44
- Huawei Ascend P1 | User Manual - Page 118
Please visit www.huaweidevice.com/worldwide/support/hotline for recently updated hotline and email address in your country or region. Model:HUAWEI U9200 V100R001C00_01