Huawei B260a manual table of contents:
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 1
...by any means without prior written consent of Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. The product described in this manual may include copyrighted software of Huawei Technologies Co., ...or may be limited by local network operators or network service providers, thus the descriptions herein may not...
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 2
...15 DHCP Settings ...16 Clip Settings ...17 WLAN Settings (Optional) ...17 LAN IP Filter...21 Virtual Server ...22 DMZ Settings ...23 UPnP Settings...23 Remote Management ...23
Troubleshooting 25 Abbreviations 28
Using the Management Page 6
Configuring Your Computer 10 ...
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 3
... interference to control signals of the aircraft. Switch off your device near high-precision electronic devices. The device may affect the performance of these devices. Do not attempt to disassemble your device or its accessories. Only qualified personnel are allowed to service or repair the device.
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 4
1 Quick Start
supported functions and actual Note The appearance are subject to your product ... and in green: 2G data service connected • Blinking in blue: Registering with the 3G network • Steady on ... connected
On/Off Power indicator Antenna (Optional) Charger Ethernet Phone WLAN/...
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 5
• Memory: 128 MB RAM or above • Hard disk: 100 MB or above available space • Operating System: Windows 2000, Windows XP, or Windows Vista • LCD resolution: 800*600 pixel or above, recommended 1024*768 pixel. • Interface: standard USB interface • Internet Browser: Internet ...
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 6
...away from the device.
Note You can choose whether to use the external
antenna. In the area covered with strong signal, you can switch to the antenna internal and uninstall the external antenna. In the area covered with weak signal, you can install the external antenna ...
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 7
... http://192.168.1.1 in the address bar. Select a user type, enter the password, and then click... view only the basic status information. The default password is user.
The device can be placed horizontally on... required. You can directly use the network services such as web browsing, and receiving or...
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 8
...provider. For details, contact your service provider. • When the Save PIN Code check box is selected,...defaults and reconfigure the device.
If PPP Connection is Manual, click Connect / Disconnect ... is successful, you can start the browser and enter the website address to access the Internet...
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 9
2 Using the Management Page
Management Page Overview
The following table shows the main operations in the management page. Item Description Basic Status Displays the parameter configuration status of the device. Quick Setup Quickly configures the device. Connection Advanced ...
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 10
... exceeds the maximum idle time, the device disconnects the Internet connection. • Manual: The device connects to the Internet after you click Connect on the... call; the PPP user name and PPP password is used to obtain the service authorization provided by the ISP. • APN/IP Address: Select the mode...
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 11
...: It is a 256-bit data encryption method that can automatically change the key. • WPA2-PSK: It is a more secure version of WPA-PSK and it supports the IEEE 802.11i standard. • WPA Encryption Algorithm: TKIP, AES, TKIP+AES. • WPA Pre-Shared Key: You can enter a 64-character hexadecimal value or...
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 12
Validating Quick Setup
The last page of the wizard displays all the settings you have configured.
• To accept the settings, click Finish. • To change the settings, click Back. • To quit the settings, click Cancel.
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 13
... network connection, your PC must be configured with the WLAN adapter that supports the IEEE 802.11 b/g protocol. • If the encryption function is...the use of WLAN adapter, refer to the WLAN adapter user guide provided by the manufacturer. • For the encryption configurations, see "Configuring WLAN ...
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 14
The recommended configurations of the PC are as follows:
• Obtain an IP address automatically. • Deselect Use a proxy ... box, select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) in the This connection uses the following items list ... automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically, and then click OK...
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 15
... page. (Optional)
Click to access the System page.
Changing the Password
You can change the login password to prevent unauthorized users from logging in to the management page.
1 2 3
Enter the current password, and then enter the new password and confirm it. Click...
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 16
... upgrading must come from the official website of Huawei or the official website of the service provider. • Upgrading the software does not change the configuration ... access the SIM Settings page.
Enabling or Disabling the PIN Code
Select Enable/Disable in the PIN Code Operation list ...
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 17
... Validate option button. Enter the current PIN code if enabling the auto validating PIN code.... code protection is enabled, you can reset the PIN code.
1 2 3 4 5
Select Modify in the PIN Code ... and Band
Auto Validating PIN Code
You can enable or disable the auto validating...
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 18
... service and the preferred mode is configured as 3G only, you cannot access the Internet. • If ... service provider provides only the 3G service and the preferred mode is configured as 2G only,...search the network and register with it.
Click Apply. In Manual mode, select the searched network and ...
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 19
• PPP Authentication: The service is provided by your ISP. For details, consult your ISP. •... Settings page, you can set the mode for assigning IP addresses in a LAN. DHCP automatically assigns IP addresses to the network devices. If you are using the DHCP server, you need to do the ...
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 20
....255.0. • DHCP Server: It is used to assign IP addresses dynamically. If the DHCP server is Enabled, it can automatically assign IP addresses for PCs. It is recommended to select Enabled for the DHCP ... range that the host can use during the IP address assignment. For example, in the network segment...
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 21
...the 802.11 Mode Mode 54g Auto Description The WLAN has the best compatibility in this mode.
◆ Wireless Interface
• It refers to the SSID and MAC address, and is used to identify the wireless device.
• Entering a name (SSID) for your WLAN. • Enabling or Disabling the SSID Broadcast...
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 22
... Advance Settings
Click page. to access the WLAN Advance Settings
• Preamble Type: It has two options: Long and Short. In the case that the client (PC) supports the Short type, the WLAN can have a better performance if it is Short. • MAX Associations Limit: It refers to the maximum number of ...
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 23
• Bridge Restriction: It refers to the limitation to the peer MAC addresses. When it is Disabled, the device can access all the remote bridges;...in the address list. • Bridges: It refers to the physical address of the remote peer bridge. The device supports the point-to-multipoint (PTM) ...
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 24
... security settings.
LAN MAC Filter
Your device supports MAC filtering based on a list of either denied ... such as the IP address filter function, the MAC address filter function, and the WAN port ping ...
You can configure the device to block specific IP addresses so that they cannot be accessed from
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 25
.... • WAN Port: Enter the WAN port of the LAN in which the computer provides services. • IP Address: Specify a computer in the LAN to provide services. • ... change them.
Your device supports the virtual server to enable external computers to access WWW, FTP, or other ...
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 26
...Disabled for UPnP Status to enable or disable the UPnP service Click Apply.
1 2 3 4
Select Enabled/... to enable or disable the DMZ service. Enter the local IP address of the computer that is specified as a DMZ... ISP to help you solve the device problems from a remote location.
Note Only one...
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 27
2 3 4
Select Enabled/Disabled for Remote Status to enable or disable the service. Enter the IP address that can access and control your device. Click Apply.
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 28
...the correct PPP user name and PPP password when you access the Internet through the device. ... Internet. You can change the mode to manually assign an IP address. See "Configuring the Network ... preceding methods cannot solve the problem, please consult your service provider.
What to do if a...
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 29
...you forgot the IP address of the LAN interface, you can enter http://e.home and log in to the management page when the PC obtains the IP address automatically.
1 2 3
Choose Start > Run..... Select parameters in the following directory: \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentC ontrolSet\Services\Tcpip.
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 30
4 5 6 7 8
Choose Edit > New > DWORD Value. Rename New Value #1 to TcpWindowSize. Right-click TcpWindowSize and then select Modify. Select Decimal and enter 65535 in the Value data text box, and then click OK. For the DWORD Value of DefaultRcvWindow, do the same operations as that of TcpWindowSize....
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 31
3G AP APN CDMA DHCP DNS EDGE GSM GPRS HSPA ... Access Point Access Point Name Code Division Multiple Access Dynamic Host ... for Mobile communications General Packet Radio Service High Speed Packet Access High ... Network Address Translation Plain Old Telephone Service Voice over IP Universal ...