Huawei B260a manual table of contents:
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 1
... written consent of Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. The product described in this manual may include ... be limited by local network operators or network service providers, thus the descriptions herein may..., re-export or import the product mentioned in this manual including the software and technical data...
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 2
... ...2 Making a Call...4 Dial-up Access ...4 Restoring the Factory Defaults...5 Management Page Overview ...6 Viewing Configuration Info ...6 Quick Setup... DMZ Settings ...23 UPnP Settings...23 Remote Management ...23
Troubleshooting 25 Abbreviations 28
Using the Management Page 6
Configuring Your ...
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 3
... interference to control signals of the aircraft. Switch off your device near high-precision electronic devices. The device may affect the performance of these devices. Do not attempt to disassemble your device or its accessories. Only qualified personnel are allowed to service or repair the device.
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 4
1 Quick Start
supported functions and actual Note The appearance are subject to your product ... service connected • Blinking in blue: Registering with the 3G network • Steady on and in blue: WCDMA data ...in cyan: HSPA data service connected
On/Off Power indicator Antenna (Optional) ...
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 5
• Memory: 128 MB RAM or above • Hard disk: 100 MB or above available space • Operating System: Windows 2000, Windows XP, or Windows Vista • LCD resolution: 800*600 pixel or above, recommended 1024*768 pixel. • Interface: standard USB interface • Internet Browser: Internet ...
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 6
...unit. Screw the cable to make sure that the antenna is tightly connected with the antenna jack.
... can choose whether to use the external
antenna. In the area covered with strong signal, you... internal and uninstall the external antenna. In the area covered with weak signal, you can...
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 7
... view only the basic status information. The default password is user.
The device can be placed horizontally ... To avoid the configuration conflict, only one
user is allowed to log in to the management page at a time..... You can directly use the network services such as web browsing, and receiving ...
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 8
...-related functions are unavailable. • The SIM card is supplied by the service provider. For details, contact your ... after each restart.
Restoring the Factory Defaults
If you need to reconstruct the network ... factory defaults and reconfigure the device.
If PPP Connection is Manual, click ...
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 9
2 Using the Management Page
Management Page Overview
The following table shows the main operations in the management page. Item Description Basic Status Displays the parameter configuration status of the device. Quick Setup Quickly configures the device. Connection Advanced ...
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 10
... idle time, the device disconnects the Internet connection. • Manual: The device connects to the Internet after you click ... network call; the PPP user name and PPP password is used to obtain the service authorization ... ensure the WLAN security, do not use the default SSID. You can enter a character ...
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 11
... the SSID of the WLAN. Before accessing the WLAN, a user must obtain the SSID of the WLAN. In this case,... secure version of WPA-PSK and it supports the IEEE 802.11i standard. • WPA.... By default, it is 0. To disable this function, you can set the value to 0 or null.
Note For the convenience of users...
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 12
Validating Quick Setup
The last page of the wizard displays all the settings you have configured.
• To accept the settings, click Finish. • To change the settings, click Back. • To quit the settings, click Cancel.
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 13
... network connection, your PC must be configured with the WLAN adapter that supports the IEEE 802.11 b/g protocol. • If the encryption function ...• For the use of WLAN adapter, refer to the WLAN adapter user guide provided by the manufacturer. • For the encryption configurations, see "Configuring...
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 14
Configuring the PC Network
Configuring the PC Network
The recommended configurations of the PC are as follows:
• Obtain an IP address automatically. • Deselect Use a proxy server for your LAN.
Disabling Proxy Settings
1 2 3
Start the Internet browser, and then choose Tools > Internet Options....
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 15
... the System page.
Changing the Password
You can change the login password to prevent unauthorized users from logging in to the management page.
1 2 3
Enter the current password, and then enter the new password and confirm it. Click Modify...
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 16
... programs for upgrading must come from the official website of Huawei or the official website of the service provider. • Upgrading the software does not change... Version Information
Click to access the Version page.
Restoring the Factory Defaults
If you need to reconstruct the network or you forget...
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 17
Mobile Network Settings
Enter the correct PIN code if enabling the PIN code. Click Apply.
Select Enable/Disable in the Auto Validate option button. Enter the current PIN code if enabling the auto validating PIN code. Click Apply.
Changing the PIN Code
When the PIN code ...
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 18
... service and the preferred mode is configured as 3G only, you cannot access the Internet. • If ... service provider provides only the 3G service and the preferred mode is configured as 2G only,...search the network and register with it.
Click Apply. In Manual mode, select the searched network and ...
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 19
• PPP Authentication: The service is provided by your ISP. For details, consult your ISP. • PPP Max Idle Time: The duration of the PPP connection is in idle. In On Demand mode, if no data is transmitted in this duration, the PPP connection automatically disconnects. • PPP MTU: It...
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 20
...see "Configuring the Network Connection".
• IP Address: The default IP address of the device is 192.168.1.1....IP address enables the flexible sub netting. By default, the subnet mask is 255.255.255.0....example, in the network segment 192.168.1.0/24, the default IP address of the device is 192.168.1.1....
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 21
WLAN Settings (Optional)
Select Enabled/Disabled to enable or disable the WLAN. Click Apply. ◆ Selecting a Country
• Country: It is used to identify the country. Different countries have different standards on channel usage.
◆ Selecting a WLAN Channel
• Channel: It refers to the ...
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 22
...Long and Short. In the case that the client (PC) supports the Short type, the WLAN can have ... to set the maximum number of concurrent WLAN users on the device. • Mode: It refers to the WLAN accessing ... in two modes, as shown in the following table. The default value is Access Point.
A security key ...
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 23
...access the remote bridges that the addresses are in the address list. • Bridges: It refers to the physical address of the remote peer bridge. The device supports the point-to-multipoint (PTM) bridge mode. • Peer MAC Address: It refers to the physical address list of the remote peer bridges. • ...
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 24
LAN MAC Filter
Your device supports MAC filtering based on a list of either denied ...the MAC address filter function, and the WAN port ping function are available. • When the Enable LAN MAC address filter check box is selected, the default filter rules are available.
Select LAN MAC...
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 25
... Status. Enter the IP addresses and corresponding ports to be blocked from accessing the LAN. Click Ok....Protocol, Status, Name, WAN Port, and LAN Port will be set as the default values. If ...enable external computers to access WWW, FTP, or other services provided by the LAN.
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 26
...service allows other network users to control your device's network features to realize the intelligent ...Disabled for UPnP Status to enable or disable the UPnP service Click Apply.
1 2 3 4
Select Enabled/...web management service. It also allows your ISP to help you solve the device problems...
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 27
2 3 4
Select Enabled/Disabled for Remote Status to enable or disable the service. Enter the IP address that can access and control your device. Click Apply.
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 28
... must configure the correct PPP user name and PPP password when you access the Internet through... access the Internet. You can change the mode to manually assign an IP address. See "Configuring ...preceding methods cannot solve the problem, please consult your service provider.
What to do if ...
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 29
.... For details, see "WLAN Bridge".
When the signal strength is normal, what to do if the downloading rate is low? In this case, you need to set the value in ... text box and then click OK. Select parameters in the following directory: \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentC ontrolSet\Services\Tcpip.
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 30
4 5 6 7 8
Choose Edit > New > DWORD Value. Rename New Value #1 to TcpWindowSize. Right-click TcpWindowSize and then select Modify. Select Decimal and enter 65535 in the Value data text box, and then click OK. For the DWORD Value of DefaultRcvWindow, do the same operations as that of TcpWindowSize....
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 31
3G AP APN CDMA DHCP DNS EDGE GSM GPRS HSPA ... System for Mobile communications General Packet Radio Service High Speed Packet Access High ... Address Translation Plain Old Telephone Service Voice over IP Universal Mobile ... Number: 31010BAR
WAN WLAN WCDMA WI-FI
Wide Area Network Wireless ...