Huawei B260a manual table of contents:
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 1
...., Ltd. The product described in this manual may include copyrighted software of Huawei Technologies Co... to change or modify any information or specifications contained in this manual without prior notice or obligation... BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO CASE SHALL HUAWEI TECHNOLOGIES CO., LTD BE LIABLE FOR ANY...
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 2
...14 Dial-up Settings ...15 DHCP Settings ...16 Clip Settings ...17 WLAN Settings (Optional) ...17 LAN IP Filter...21 Virtual Server ...22 DMZ Settings ...23 UPnP Settings...23 Remote Management ...23
Troubleshooting 25 Abbreviations 28
Using the Management Page 6
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 3
... interference to control signals of the aircraft. Switch off your device near high-precision electronic devices. The device may affect the performance of these devices. Do not attempt to disassemble your device or its accessories. Only qualified personnel are allowed to service or repair the device.
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 4
1 Quick Start
supported functions and actual Note The appearance are subject to your product purchased...and in green: 2G data service connected • Blinking in blue: Registering with the 3G network • Steady ...indicator Antenna (Optional) Charger Ethernet Phone WLAN/LAN indicator Signal indicator Mode ...
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 5
• Memory: 128 MB RAM or above • Hard disk: 100 MB or above available space • Operating System: Windows 2000, Windows XP, or Windows Vista • LCD resolution: 800*600 pixel or above, recommended 1024*768 pixel. • Interface: standard USB interface • Internet Browser: Internet ...
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 6
◆ Step 3: Connect to a PC If the indicator of the Ethernet interface connecting with a network cable is on, the connection is successful. The Ethernet cable cannot be longer than 100 meters (328 feet). To achieve better effect, use the shielded cable. ◆ Step 5: Connect the external...
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 7
... http://192.168.1.1 in the address bar. Select a user type, enter the password, and then click...
Note To avoid the configuration conflict, only one
user is allowed to log in to the management page at a time.
... required. You can directly use the network services such as web browsing, and receiving or...
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 8
...Note • If you are required to enter the PIN code,
enter the correct one. If you ...network-related functions are unavailable. • The SIM card is supplied by the service provider. For details, contact your ... and reconfigure the device.
If PPP Connection is Manual, click Connect / Disconnect...
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 9
2 Using the Management Page
Management Page Overview
The following table shows the main operations in the management page. Item Description Basic Status Displays the parameter configuration status of the device. Quick Setup Quickly configures the device. Connection Advanced ...
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 10
... time, the device disconnects the Internet connection. • Manual: The device connects to the Internet after you ... PPP password is used to obtain the service authorization provided by the ISP. • APN/IP Address:.... For details, consult your ISP.
Configuring WLAN Settings (Optional)
(Name) SSID: Enter...
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 11
... WLAN security is improved. when you set up a WLAN. It is not recommended to select this option in daily use....a more secure version of WPA-PSK and it supports the IEEE 802.11i standard. • WPA ... set the value to 0 or null.
Note For the convenience of users accessing the
WLAN, you can select Enabled ...
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 12
Validating Quick Setup
The last page of the wizard displays all the settings you have configured.
• To accept the settings, click Finish. • To change the settings, click Back. • To quit the settings, click Cancel.
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 13
... set up wireless network connection, your PC must be configured with the WLAN adapter that supports the IEEE 802.11 b/g protocol. • If the ...device use the same key as that of the device. • For the use of WLAN adapter, refer to the WLAN adapter user guide provided by the manufacturer. • For the ...
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 14
The recommended configurations of the PC are as follows:
• Obtain an IP address automatically. • Deselect Use a proxy ... box, select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) in the This connection uses the following items list ... automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically, and then click OK...
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 15
... Settings page. Icon Description Click to access the WLAN Settings page. (Optional)
Click to access the System page.
Changing the Password
You can change the login ... from logging in to the management page.
1 2 3
Enter the current password, and then enter the new ...
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 16
Enter the path or click Browse to select the software image file to be updated. Click Upgrade.
Restarting the Device
1 ... upgrading must come from the official website of Huawei or the official website of the service provider. • Upgrading the software does not change the configuration ...
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 17
... Validate option button. Enter the current PIN code if enabling the auto validating PIN code.... code protection is enabled, you can reset the PIN code.
1 2 3 4 5
Select Modify in the PIN Code ... and Band
Auto Validating PIN Code
You can enable or disable the auto validating...
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 18
... service and the preferred mode is configured as 3G only, you cannot access the Internet. • If ... service provider provides only the 3G service and the preferred mode is configured as 2G only,...search the network and register with it.
Click Apply. In Manual mode, select the searched network and ...
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 19
• PPP Authentication: The service is provided by your ISP. For details, consult your ISP. •... Settings page, you can set the mode for assigning IP addresses in a LAN. DHCP automatically assigns IP addresses to the network devices. If you are using the DHCP server, you need to do the ...
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 20
... server is Enabled, it can automatically assign IP addresses for PCs. It is recommended to select Enabled for the DHCP ... range that the host can use during the IP address assignment. For example, in the network segment ... page.
Select Clip Mode. Click Apply.
WLAN Settings (Optional)
Click to access ...
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 21
.... Different countries have different standards on channel usage.
◆ Selecting a WLAN Channel
• Channel: It refers to the channel that the device works with. If ...this mode.
◆ Wireless Interface
• It refers to the SSID and MAC address, and is used to identify the wireless device.
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 22
...-PSK and WEP. • For details, refer to "Configuring WLAN Encryption (Optional)".
Select Auto, the device ... and Short. In the case that the client (PC) supports the Short type, the WLAN can have a better ...
• Open: Open system authentication. A user accessing the WLAN can choose WEP, WPA-PSK, ...
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 23
...allowed to connect with the device through the WLAN. The clients with addresses in the MAC Addresses list are not allowed ... of the remote peer bridge. The device supports the point-to-multipoint (PTM) bridge mode. • Peer ....
Configuring the MAC Filter
Click to access the WLAN MAC Filter page.You can...
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 24
... security settings.
LAN MAC Filter
Your device supports MAC filtering based on a list of either denied ... such as the IP address filter function, the MAC address filter function, and the WAN port ping ...
You can configure the device to block specific IP addresses so that they cannot be accessed from
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 25
... WAN Port: Enter the WAN port of the LAN in which the computer provides services. • IP Address: Specify a ... can change them.
Your device supports the virtual server to enable external computers to access WWW, FTP, or other services provided by the LAN.
• Validate: ...
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 26
...service allows other network users to control your device's network features to realize the intelligent ...Status to enable or disable the DMZ service. Enter the local IP address of the computer that is specified as a DMZ ... ISP to help you solve the device problems from a remote location.
Note Only one...
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 27
2 3 4
Select Enabled/Disabled for Remote Status to enable or disable the service. Enter the IP address that can access and control your device. Click Apply.
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 28
... must configure the correct PPP user name and PPP password when you access the Internet through... Internet. You can change the mode to manually assign an IP address. See "Configuring the Network ...cannot solve the problem, please consult your service provider.
What to do if a PC in the WLAN ...
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 29
... device. For details, see "WLAN Bridge".
When the signal strength is normal, what to do if the downloading rate ... forgot the IP address of the LAN interface, you can enter http://e.home and log in to the management page when the PC obtains the IP address automatically.
1 2 3
Choose Start > Run....
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 30
4 5 6 7 8
Choose Edit > New > DWORD Value. Rename New Value #1 to TcpWindowSize. Right-click TcpWindowSize and then select Modify. Select Decimal and enter 65535 in the Value data text box, and then click OK. For the DWORD Value of DefaultRcvWindow, do the same operations as that of TcpWindowSize....
- Huawei B260a | User Manual - Page 31
3G AP APN CDMA DHCP DNS EDGE GSM GPRS HSPA ... Generation Access Point Access Point Name Code Division Multiple Access Dynamic Host ... Diode Network Address Translation Plain Old Telephone Service Voice over IP Universal ...:V100R001_02 Part Number: 31010BAR
WAN WLAN WCDMA WI-FI
Wide Area ...