Huawei M835 manual table of contents:
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 1
Welcome to Huawei
HUAWEI M835 User Guide
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 2
...Rejecting a Call...18 Other Operations During a Call ...19 Using Call log...20 Using Airplane Mode ...20 TTY Operation ...20 Setting Hearing Aid...Application ...21 Adding a Contact ...22 Searching for a Contact ...22 Editing a Contact ...22 Communicating with Your Contacts...23 Deleting a...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 3
... Using the Onscreen Keyboard...24
5.1 Displaying the Keyboard Panel...24 5.2 Customizing Keyboard Settings...27
6 Messaging ...27
6.1 SMS and MMS...27 6.2 Email...29
7 Getting Connected...31
7.1 7.2 7.3 7.4 Turning on the Data Service ...31 Wi-Fi ...31 MetroWEB ...32 Bluetooth...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 4
... and Time ...54 Setting the Display...54 Setting Ringers ...54 Setting Phone Services ...55 Setting Text-to-Speech ...56 Protecting Your Mobile Phone ...56 Managing Applications...57 Resetting Your Mobile Phone ...58
13.1 Warnings and Precautions......
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 5
... phone near high-precision electronic devices. The phone may affect the performance of these devices. Do not attempt to disassemble your mobile phone or its accessories. Only qualified personnel are allowed to service or repair the phone.
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 6
...' privacy and legal rights when using your wireless device. Strictly follow the relevant instructions of this manual while using the USB cable. Otherwise your mobile phone or PC may be damaged.
1.2 Personal Information and Data Security
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 7
.... • Install security software or patches released by Huawei or third-party application providers. • Some... written consent of Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. The product described in this manual may include copyrighted software of Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. and possible licensors. Customers shall...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 8
... for these third-party software and applications. Neither will Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. provide support to customers who use these third-party ... providers provide content and services through network or transmission tools outside of the control of Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd....
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 9
... product uses the open-sourced Android operating system. Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd... that are supported by the standard Android operating system or may be incompatible with third-party software. Huawei... APPLICABLE LAW PROHIBITS SUCH A LIMITATION) OF HUAWEI TECHNOLOGIES CO., LTD. ARISING FROM THE USE...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 10
... Phone View
2.1.1 Phone at a Glance
All the pictures in this guide are for your reference only. The actual appearance and ... Headset jack
Volume keys Speaker
Menu Back OK
Home Search End
Send... Press and hold to open the Phone options menu. • Press to lock the screen when your mobile phone...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 11
• Touch to return to the previous screen. • Touch to exit any application you are running. • Touch to hide the keyboard. Touch to open the menu on an active screen. • Touch to return to the Home screen. • Touch and hold to show the most recently used applications. • Touch to open Google ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 12
2.2 Installing Your Mobile Phone
2.2.1 Installing the Battery and the microSD Card
1 Remove the battery cover 2 Insert the microSD card
3 Install the battery
Install the battery cover
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 13
...Charging the Battery
Before charging the battery, ensure that it has been properly inserted into your phone.
1. Connect the USB cable that ... charging. If your mobile phone is charged when it is powered on, the battery icon on the Notification bar shows the charging status. When...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 14
...not hold a charge for the way it did when it was new. When the battery life becomes noticeably shorter than ... of the same type. • Using data services increases demand on the battery and will reduce the length ... battery power: • When your mobile phone is not in use, switch off the screen. • Reset...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 15
... off. 3. Touch OK. to open the Phone options menu.
2.4 Using the Touchscreen
2.4.1 Touchscreen Actions
• Touch: ... and hold down until the menu appears. • Flick: Move your finger either vertically ... of most screens will rotate with the phone as you turn it from upright to sideways and back again. ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 16
... for a while, the screen will lock automatically.
2.5.2 Unlocking the Screen
1. Press , , or to wake up the screen. 2. Drag the lock icon from left to right to unlock the screen.
If you have set up a screen unlock pattern, you will be prompted to draw the pattern on the screen to unlock it.
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 17
... Status Icons
Call in progress Missed call 3G connected Error Preparing mircoSD card Downloading data Roaming Call in progress using a Bluetooth device Connected to a PC 3G in use Memory is full Music is playing Uploading data MetroPCS Easy WiFi
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 18
...a Wi-Fi network Speaker on Microphone off Battery is very low Alarm is set New instant message New message More undisplayed notifications
GPS connected Sound off Vibrate mode Battery is full Battery is charging New calendar reminder New email New voicemail DM or...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 19
...hold the small dots to view thumbnails of the Home screen and its extensions.
2.6.4 Customizing the Home Screen
Adding a New Screen Item 1. Touch and hold a blank area on the Home screen until the Add to Home screen menu is displayed. 2. Select an item to add it to the Home screen. Moving a Screen ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 20
... Connect your mobile phone to your PC with the USB cable. Your PC will detect the microSD card as ...notification bar, and then touch USB connected. 3. Touch Turn on USB storage in the dialog box that ...not use this memory space. Your PC will tell you how to safely disconnect the USB mass storage device ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 21
2.7.2 Removing the microSD Card
1. Touch > Settings. 2. Scroll down the screen, and then touch SD card & phone storage > Unmount SD card. 3. Carefully remove the microSD card.
To make a phone call, you can dial a number or touch a number from your contact list, on a Web page, or in a ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 22
..., touch the Call log tab. 2. Touch to the right of the log entry to dial.
If you touch and hold a log entry, the options menu will open.
3.2 Answering or Rejecting a Call
3.2.1 Answering an Incoming Call
When you receive a phone call, the incoming call screen opens with the caller's name and ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 23
... set up a conference call with multiple callers. Contact your network operator to learn if conference calls are supported and, if yes, how many can participate. 1. To initiate a conference call, dial the number of the first participant. After you have ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 24
... the contact list and touch an existing contact name.
3.5 Using Airplane Mode
Some locations may require you to turn off your phone's wireless...it in Airplane mode. 1. Press and hold .
2. Touch Airplane mode in the options menu.
3.6 TTY Operation
3.6.1 Using the TTY Device
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 25
... letters. 4. Press the to end the call.
3.6.2 Setting the TTY Mode
1. Touch > Settings > Call settings > TTY ... aid.
The Contacts application enables you to save and manage information such as phone ... and addresses of your contacts. After you save contact information on your mobile phone, ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 26
...touch the star to the right of the contact's name. The star turns gold.
4.3 Searching for a Contact
1. In the contact list,... names appear below the search box.
4.4 Editing a Contact
You can make changes ..., and then touch Edit contact in the options menu. 2. Touch the category of contact information ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 27
4.5.1 Connecting Through Quick Contact for Android
1. Touch the contact's picture or picture frame ... a picture to the contact) to open Quick Contact for Android. 2. Touch the icon for the way you want ... then touch Delete contact in the options menu. 2. Touch OK to confirm that you want...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 28
... OK 6. When you are finished, touch Done to save the group information.
4.7.2 Editing a Group
You can always ... edit, and then touch Edit group in the options menu. 2. Make the desired changes to the group information... hold the space where you enter your text until the Edit text menu is displayed.
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 29
...input method. The keyboard panel will be displayed automatically.
5.1.2 Using the Android Keyboard
q w e r t y u i o p k l
a s d f g h j
z x c v b n m
Touch to delete a ....
Touch > Settings > Language & keyboard > Android keyboard > Voice input to turn on or turn off voice input....
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 30
... the left of the cursor. Touch and hold to delete all characters to the left of the cursor.
Touch to insert a space. Touch to change from text mode to symbol/number mode. Touch and hold to get helpful tips. Touch to get swype functions. Touch once to capitalize the next letter you type. Touch twice...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 31
... Landscape Keyboard
If you find the keyboard inconvenient or difficult to use, turn your mobile phone sideways. The screen will display the keyboard in landscape orientation, providing you with a wider keyboard layout.
5.2 Customizing Keyboard Settings
1. Touch > Settings > Language & keyboard. 2....
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 32
... attach more than one file to your message, use the Slideshow option. 1. On the message editing ... select a slide to start editing it. 3. Touch and touch Add slide to add more slides.
... screen. 5. To alter your multimedia message, touch Edit on the multimedia message screen. When the message is ready ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 33
... email systems are supported. You can work with the same email service that you use on your PC or you can select another email service. 1. Touch > Email.
2. To customize your ...up your account manually, you will need the correct parameters for the account. Contact your email service provider ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 34
... displays the contents of your Inbox or the accounts screen (if you have more than one account). Adding Other Email Accounts 1. After creating your ...touch Send. If you are not ready to send the message, touch Save as draft or touch save the message as a draft. to , and then touch Add
6.2.4 Replying ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 35
...the kind of email service you are using. You can enter the necessary details manually, although you may need to contact your email service provider to ...Notification settings, or Server settings.
7 Getting Connected
7.1 Turning on the Data Service
1. Touch > Settings. 2. Touch Wireless &...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 36
... and then select the Wi-Fi check box to turn on Wi-Fi.
7.2.2 Connecting to a Wireless Network
1. After turning on Wi-Fi, touch > Settings. 2. Touch Wireless & networks > Wi-Fi settings.... prompted to enter the password again unless you reset your mobile phone to its default settings. ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 37
... perform operations such as searching, selecting text, downloading, or setting options.
7.3.2 Opening a Web Page
1. ... OK.
7.3.4 Managing Bookmarks
You can store as many bookmarks as you want on your mobile phone.... screen, go to the web page you want to save as a bookmark. 2. Touch opens. , and then ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 38
... other electronic equipment may interfere with your Bluetooth connection.
7.4.1 Turning On Bluetooth
1. Touch > Settings. 2. Touch Wireless & networks, and then select the Bluetooth check box to turn on Bluetooth. When Bluetooth is turned on, the Bluetooth icon appears in the notification...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 39
... hold the file to be sent in your mobile phone or SD card. The active options menu is displayed. 2. Touch Share, and then touch Bluetooth to select a paired device.
... a multitude of entertainment possibilities. You can take photos, create videos and audio clips, and download and listen to music.
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 40
... to open the camera. The camera opens in landscape mode, ready to take a picture or record a video... photos. Touch to take a 5 photo. Touch to customize the camera settings.
On the capture screen, touch... screen. 4. Touch and hold . When the frame turns green, the image is in focus.
5. Release to take...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 41
8.1.4 Recording a Video
1. Open the camera, and then switch to camcorder mode. 2. If necessary, change the camcorder settings. 3. Frame the scene which you .... Use Gallery to sort photos and videos into folders, view and edit pictures, watch videos, and set a picture as wallpaper or as a ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 42
...view. 2. Touch the picture to view it in full-screen mode. 3. Touch the screen. Then the zoom panel... Rotate left or Rotate right. The picture is saved with the new orientation. to display the operations panel... changing the length to width ratio. 3. Touch Save to save the cropped picture. Touch Discard...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 43
1. Connect the phone to your computer with a USB cable and mount the microSD card. 2. On the PC, navigate to the USB drive and open it. 3. Create a folder in the root directory of the microSD card (for example, Music). 4. Copy the music from ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 44
...and hold the song, and then touch Add to playlist in the options menu. • Touch Current playlist to add the song to an existing playlist. ... Please follow the local laws and regulations to use them. When you turn on your mobile phone for the first time, touch a Google services such as Talk, Gmail, or...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 45
... Touch Create. 3. Enter a first name, last name, and user name for your Google account, and then touch Next. The... your Google account password. 5. Select a security question from the drop down menu, and then enter the answer. 6. Touch Create. 7. When the Google Terms of Service screen appears, touch ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 46
... the message recipient's email address in the To field. If you are sending the email to several recipients, separate the email addresses with commas. You can add as many message recipients as you want. If you want to send a copy (Cc) or a blind copy (Bcc) of the email to other recipients, touch , ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 47
9.2.6 Customizing Your Gmail Settings
In the mail list, touch Gmail. , and then touch More > Settings to customizing your
9.3 Using Talk
Talk is Google's instant messaging service. You can use it to communicate in real time with other people ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 48
... message. You will hear a short sample of the ringtone when you select it. To turn the ringtone off, select Silent. Select the check box to ... must enable "location source". 1. Touch > Settings.
2. Touch Location & security. 3. In the My Location section, select the Use wireless networks check box, ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 49
... the list to show it on the map. 6. When you finish viewing or following the directions, touch Clear Map to reset the map. and touch More >
9.5 Using Market
Android Market provides direct access to applications and games which you can download ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 50
...item details screen, read more about the application, including its cost, overall rating, and user comments. If you scroll down to the Developer Info section, you... content download icon appears in the notification bar.
9.5.4 Uninstalling an Application
1. On the Market screen, touch My apps...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 51
... account with contacts from your existing mobile phone accounts and attempts to merge duplicates into a single entry in Contacts. While it...a list of your current accounts. In some cases, you may need to obtain account details from an IT support. For example, you may need to know the account's domain ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 52
..., all personal information associated with it will be deleted. You can only remove a Gmail account by resetting the phone to factory defaults. 1. On the Accounts & sync settings screen, touch ... stops synchronizing events, and so on, until you touch the Refresh menu item or send an email.
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 53
...phone can be synchronized with the internet-based calendar you use.
11.1.1 Opening the Calendar
Touch > Calendar to open the application. , and then touch More > Calendars.
To access Google calendar, touch
11.1.2 Creating an Event
1. On any calendar view, touch details screen. 2. Enter the event ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 54
... If you have more than one calendar, select the calendar where you want to save the event. 5....the event.
11.1.4 Customizing the Calendar Settings
On any calendar view, touch . Then touch More > ... reminders to alert you, send you a notification, or to turn off event notifications on your mobile phone....
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 55
...information about the weather and your phone. You can also use Clock to turn your mobile phone into an alarm clock.
11.2.1 Opening the Clock...playing the ringtone. 6. Touch Label to enter a name for the alarm. 7. Touch Done. Customizing Alarm Settings On the alarm list screen, touch , and then touch ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 56
... folder you want to create. 2. Press to open the options panel, and then touch More > New folder.
3. Enter the name of the new folder in the text box. 4. Touch Save.
11.3.3 Moving or Copying a File
1. On the File Manager screen, press touch Cut or Copy. to...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 57
... to solve simple arithmetic problems or use its advanced operators to solve more complex equations....note to create a note. to change the
• While you are editing a text note, you can press .... 3. Touch the icons on the lower part of the screen to save the note, set the reminding, or discard the note....
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 58
... Before the Screen Turns Off
If your mobile phone is idle for several minutes, it will turn off the screen to save battery power. To set a longer or shorter idle time, do the following: 1. On the Settings screen, touch Display > Screen timeout. 2. Select the...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 59
...Vibrate, and then select one of the options.
12.4 Setting Phone Services
12.4.1 Customizing Call Settings
You mobile phone service provider offers different services voicemail. You can customize many of these services if they are part of your calling plan. On the...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 60
... synthesizer data installed, connect to Android Market and let it guide you through the process of downloading and installing the data. 3. Follow the instructions to ..., lock the screen and/or require a screen unlock pattern every time your mobile phone is turned on or wakes up from sleep mode.
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 61
... interface. After you have entered your Google account password, you will be able to reset the unlock pattern. • After you have entered the wrong ... entered your Google account password, you will be able to reset the unlock pattern.
12.7 Managing Applications
12.7.1 Viewing an ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 62
...all temporary Internet files and Browser history information. • Uninstall any downloaded programs that you no longer use. • Reset your mobile phone.
12.8 Resetting Your Mobile Phone
12.8.1 Backing Up My Data
You can use your Google account to back up your mobile...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 63
... any other accounts, your system and application settings, and any applications you have downloaded will be erased. Resetting the phone does not erase any system software updates you have downloaded or any files on your microSD card,...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 64
...atmosphere, and comply with all signs and instructions. Areas that may have potentially explosive ... the areas where you would normally be advised to turn off your vehicle engine. Triggering ...power on your device at refueling points such as service stations. Comply with restrictions on the use of radio...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 65
... between 32°F (0°C) to 113°F (45°C) for using the device powered by a battery. Prevention of Hearing Damage Using a headset at high volume can damage... be dangerous. Please contact your dealer for information about the availability of approved batteries, chargers, and accessories in your area.
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 66
... may explode. Batteries may also explode if damaged. • Do not modify or remanufacture, attempt to insert ... or battery. If the device or battery is dropped, especially on a hard surface, and the user suspects damage, take it to a qualified service center for inspection. • Improper battery use may ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 67
... other hazard. Cleaning and Maintenance • The device, battery, and charger are not water-resistant. ... and an electric shock to the user. • Do not place your device, battery, and charger ...damaged because of collision. Otherwise, it may lead to battery leakage, device malfunction, overheating, fire,...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 68
• If the device screen is broken by colliding with hard objects, do not touch or try to remove the broken part. In this case, stop using the...) and include safety measures designed to ensure safety for all users, regardless of age and health. The Specific Absorption Rate (SAR...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 69
turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of... modifications made to this device not expressly approved by Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. may void the... has developed a rating system for wireless phones, to assist hearing device users find ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 70
...rotate screen to disable the function.
How do I set the unlock pattern? Touch > Settings > Location & security > Set up screen lock > Pattern.
How can I change the keyboard mode? Touch and hold the... Touch and hold an application icon on the main menu screen until the Home screen is displayed. ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 71
How do I hide the keyboard? Touch to hide the keyboard.
How do I forward a message? Touch and hold a message, and then touch Forward in the menu that opens. Why am I unable to use Navigation? Navigation is unavailable in some countries or regions.
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 72
... appearance and display features depend on the mobile phone you purchase. Android is a trademark of Google Inc. Use of this trademark is subject to Google Permissions. © Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. 2011. All rights reserved.