Huawei M835 manual table of contents:
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 1
Welcome to Huawei
HUAWEI M835 User Guide
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 2
... ...8 Power On or Off Your Mobile Phone ...11 Using the Touchscreen...11 Locking and Unlocking the Screen ...12 Home Screen...13 Using a microSD ... During a Call ...19 Using Call log...20 Using Airplane Mode ...20 TTY Operation ...20 Setting Hearing Aid Compatibility ...21
4.1 4.2 4.3...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 3
... Using the Onscreen Keyboard...24
5.1 Displaying the Keyboard Panel...24 5.2 Customizing Keyboard Settings......Music...39
9 Google Services ...40
9.1 9.2 9.3 9.4 9.5 Creating a Google Account...41 Using Gmail ...41 ......47 10.2 Customizing Your Account Synchronization...48
11 Using Other Applications ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 4
...the Calculator ...53 11.5 Using the Richpad ...53
12 Managing Your Mobile Phone ...54
12.1 12.2 12.3 12.4 ... Display...54 Setting Ringers ...54 Setting Phone Services ...55 Setting Text-to-Speech ...... Phone ...56 Managing Applications...57 Resetting Your Mobile Phone ...58
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 5
... read the safety precautions carefully to ensure the correct use of your mobile phone. Do not crash, throw, .... Do not switch on your mobile phone when it is prohibited to use phones or when the phone may cause interference or danger.
Do not use your mobile phone while driving.
Follow any rules or ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 6
...and legal rights when using your wireless device. Strictly follow the relevant instructions of this manual while using the USB cable. Otherwise your mobile phone or PC may be damaged.
1.2 Personal Information and Data Security
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 7
.... • Install security software or patches released by Huawei or third-party application providers. • Some... written consent of Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. The product described in this manual may include copyrighted software of Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. and possible licensors. Customers shall...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 8
.... will not provide any warranty of any kind for these third-party software and applications. Neither will Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. provide support to customers who use these third-party software and applications, nor be responsible or ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 9
This product uses the open-sourced Android operating system. Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. ...system or may be incompatible with third-party software. Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. shall not ...LAW PROHIBITS SUCH A LIMITATION) OF HUAWEI TECHNOLOGIES CO., LTD. ARISING FROM THE USE OF THE PRODUCT DESCRIBED ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 10
... Your Mobile Phone
2.1 Mobile Phone View
2.1.1 Phone at a Glance
All the pictures in this guide are for your ... appearance and display features depend on the mobile phone you purchase.
Wrist strap opening ...• Press and hold to open the Phone options menu. • Press to lock the screen when your mobile ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 11
... to open the menu on an active screen. • Touch to return to the Home screen. • Touch and hold to show the most recently used applications. • Touch to open Google search for searching your mobile phone and the web. • Touch and hold to open ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 12
2.2 Installing Your Mobile Phone
2.2.1 Installing the Battery and the microSD Card
1 Remove the battery cover 2 Insert the microSD card
3 Install the battery
Install the battery cover
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 13
2.2.2 Charging the Battery
Before charging the battery, ensure that it has been properly inserted into your phone.
1. Connect the USB cable that ... to charger). Red: Battery low.
2.2.3 Important Information About the Battery
• If the battery has not been used for a long period of time, you ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 14
...attempting to power on the phone. • The battery will not hold a charge for the way it did when it was new. When the battery life becomes noticeably shorter than usual after being charged properly, replace ...whenever possible. • Turn Bluetooth off when you are not using it. Only make your phone ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 15
... off. 3. Touch OK. to open the Phone options menu.
2.4 Using the Touchscreen
2.4.1 Touchscreen Actions
... to press down until your mobile phone responds. For example, to open the options menu ...
The orientation of most screens will rotate with the phone as you turn it from upright to sideways and back ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 16
2.5 Locking and Unlocking the Screen
2.5.1 Locking the Screen
• When your phone is on, press to lock the screen. When the screen is locked, you can still receive messages and calls. • If your phone is idle for a while, the screen will lock automatically.
2.5.2 Unlocking the Screen
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 17
Call in progress Missed call 3G connected Error Preparing mircoSD card Downloading data Roaming Call in progress using a Bluetooth device Connected to a PC 3G in use Memory is full Music is playing Uploading data MetroPCS Easy WiFi
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 18
No signal Synchronizing data Bluetooth is on
Airplane mode Synchronization failed Connected to another Bluetooth device Connected ... on Microphone off Battery is very low Alarm is set New instant message New message More undisplayed notifications
GPS connected Sound off Vibrate mode Battery is full ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 19
... up to close it.
2.6.3 Viewing Other Parts of the Home Screen
Flick your finger left... dots to view thumbnails of the Home screen and its extensions.
2.6.4 Customizing the Home Screen
Adding a New ... hold an item on the Home screen until the item expands in size and the mobile phone vibrates.
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 20
... to your mobile phone's microSD card. When your microSD card acts as USB mass storage, your mobile phone will not use this memory space. Your PC will tell you how to safely disconnect the USB mass storage device (your mobile phone) when you have ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 21
... > Settings. 2. Scroll down the screen, and then touch SD card & phone storage > Unmount SD ...3.1 Making a Call
To make a call, you can use the Dialer application, or select a number from Contacts or ..., you can touch to return to the Home screen and use other functions. To return to the calling screen,...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 22
... list, touch the contact you want to call. 3. Touch to dial the phone number.
3.1.3 Making a Call from Call log
1. If you ... open.
3.2 Answering or Rejecting a Call
3.2.1 Answering an Incoming Call
When you receive a phone call, the incoming call screen opens with the caller's name and number that ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 23
... with multiple callers. Contact your network operator to learn if conference calls are supported and, if yes, how many can participate. 1. To initiate a ... first participant, keep the connection open, touch > Add call. 2. Enter the phone number of the next person you want to join the conversation and ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 24
... through the contact list and touch an existing contact name.
3.5 Using Airplane Mode
Some locations may require you to turn off your phone's wireless connections. Rather than powering off your phone, you can place it in Airplane mode. 1. Press and hold .
2. Touch ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 25
... TTY device to the headset jack of the phone and set the phone to the TTY mode. 2. Make or answer calls as normal. 3. When the call is put through, use the TTY device to send or receive the letters. 4. Press the to end the call.
3.6.2 Setting the ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 26
...In the contact list, touch > Create contact. 2. If you have more than one account with contacts, touch the account to which you... the contact's name, and then add detailed information such as phone number or address. 4. When you are finished, touch Done to save the contact information.
4.2.1 Adding a...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 27
... or send a text (SMS) or multimedia message (MMS) to a contact's default phone number. You can also open details to view a list ... available depend on the information you have entered for the contact, the applications on your phone, and the accounts you have.
4.5.2 Communicating with a Contact
1. In ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 28
... select the contacts you want to add to group.
5 Using the Onscreen Keyboard
5.1 Displaying the Keyboard Panel
To enter text, use the onscreen keyboard. Some applications open the keyboard automatically. In others, ... Touch and hold the space where you enter your text until the Edit text menu ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 29
... the input method. The keyboard panel will be displayed automatically.
5.1.2 Using the Android Keyboard
q w e r t y u i o p k l
a s d f g h j
z x c v b n m
Touch to delete a....
Touch to insert a space. Touch to enter text by voice. Touch to change from text mode to symbol/number ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 30
5.1.3 Using the Swype Keyboard
q w e r
& $ 4 ! 7
t y u i
5 6 + : 8 9 0 /
; " ?
a s d f g h j
z x c v b n m
Touch to delete a character to the left of the cursor. Touch and hold to delete all characters to the left of the cursor.
Touch to ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 31
... Landscape Keyboard
If you find the keyboard inconvenient or difficult to use, turn your mobile phone sideways. The screen will display the keyboard in landscape ...) and multimedia messages (MMS) with anyone using an SMS-or-MMS-capable phone. With the Email application you can read ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 32
...ready to be sent, touch Send. Adding a Slideshow If you want to attach more than one file to your message, use the Slideshow option. 1. On the message editing screen, touch to display the options panel.
2. Touch Attach > Slideshow, and then ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 33
...your account. A number of popular email systems are supported. You can work with the same email service that you use on your PC or you can select another email service. 1. Touch > Email.
2. To customize your email settings, answer the onscreen prompts,...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 34
... Email Message
1. On the accounts screen, touch the email account you want to use. 2. Access a folder, ... touch the email account you want to use. 2. On the Inbox screen, touch , and then touch Compose...Email Message
1. On the accounts screen, touch the email account you want to use. 2. Touch the email ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 35
...'s incoming and outgoing settings depend on the kind of email service you are using. You can enter the necessary details manually, although you may need to contact your email service provider to obtain the correct information for the account. ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 36
...If you connect to a secured wireless network that you have already used, you will not be prompted to enter the password again unless you reset your mobile phone to its default settings. On the Wi-Fi settings screen, touch Add Wi-Fi network to ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 37
... a Web Page
1. In a browser window, touch the URL field at the top of the screen. 2. Use the keyboard to enter the web page address. You can touch web ... as many bookmarks as you want on your mobile phone. Adding a Bookmark 1. In a browser screen, go to the web page you want to save as a bookmark. 2. ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 38
... security preferences. In the browser screen, touch then touch More > Settings. , and
Your mobile phone has Bluetooth, which allows ... a Bluetooth headset, or even transfer photos on your phone to your PC. If you are using Bluetooth, remember to stay within 10 meters (33 feet) of other ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 39
... Bluetooth. • Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP): allows you to use a stereo Bluetooth headset. • A/V Remote Control Profile (AVRCP): ... control what plays through the Bluetooth headset remotely. Before you use Bluetooth, you need to pair your mobile phone with another Bluetooth device as ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 40
... camera is a combination of camera and camcorder that you can use to shoot and share pictures and videos.
8.1.1 Opening ... drag down to take photos. Touch to take a 5 photo. Touch to customize the camera settings.
On the capture screen, touch
to show the capture panel.
8.1.2 Taking a Photo
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 41
... On the video playing screen, touch the controls to skip forward or back or to play or pause the video.
8.2 Using the Gallery
Your Gallery application can automatically search for ... your microSD card. Use Gallery to sort photos and videos into folders, view and edit pictures, watch ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 42
... picture. The picture viewer supports the automatic rotation function. When you rotate your mobile phone, the picture adjusts itself to ... a picture, touch touch Crop. to display the more operations panel, and then
2. Use the cropping tool to select the portion of the picture to crop. • Drag from ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 43
1. Connect the phone to your computer with a USB cable and mount the microSD card. 2. On the PC, navigate to the USB drive and open it. 3. Create a folder in the root directory ... drive as required by your PC's operating system to safely remove the mobile phone. 6. Disconnect the mobile ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 44
... features may vary according to your country or carrier. Please follow the local laws and regulations to use them. When you turn on your mobile phone for the first time, touch a Google services such as Talk, Gmail, or Market, and you will be ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 45
... agree, Next. 8. Enter the characters that appear on the screen, and then touch Next. To use another Google account, ... accounts you want to add.
9.2 Using Gmail
Gmail is Google's web-based email service. When you first set up your phone, you may have configured it to use an existing Gmail account or...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 46
9.2.2 Switching Between Accounts
1. In the mail list, touch , and then touch Accounts. 2. Touch the account that contains the email you want to read.
9.2.3 Creating and Sending an Email
1. In the mail list, touch , and then touch Compose. 2. Enter the message recipient's email address in the To ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 47
9.2.6 Customizing Your Gmail Settings
In the mail list, touch Gmail. , and then touch More > Settings to customizing your
9.3 Using Talk
Talk is Google's instant messaging service. You can use it to communicate in real time with other people ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 48
...the notification bar when you receive an instant message. Touch to choose the ringtone used for a new instant message. You will hear a short sample of the... of Talk
In the friends list screen, touch , and then touch Sign out to quit Talk.
9.4 Using Maps
Maps lets you find your current location, view ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 49
... on the list to show it on the map. 6. When you finish viewing or following the directions, touch Clear Map to reset the map. and touch More >
9.5 Using Market
Android Market provides direct access to applications and games which you can download ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 50
...touch the item you want to download. 3. On the item details screen, read more about the application, including ... phone, the content download icon appears in the notification bar.
9.5.4 Uninstalling an Application
1. On the Market screen,... that you can add, view, and edit on your computer. If you add,...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 51
... in the background and does not interfere with use of your mobile phone. When your phone is synchronizing, a data synchronization icon will be... synchronization settings and a list of your current accounts. In some cases, you may need to obtain account details from an IT support. For example, you may ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 52
..., all personal information associated with it will be deleted. You can only remove a Gmail account by resetting the phone to factory defaults. 1. On the Accounts & sync settings screen, ... the account.
10.2 Customizing Your Account Synchronization
You can configure background data use and ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 53
... the check box of information you want to synchronize to the mobile phone.
11 Using Other Applications
11.1 Using the ...on your synchronization settings, the calendar on your phone can be synchronized with the internet-based calendar you use.
11.1.1 Opening the Calendar
Touch > Calendar to open the ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 54
... If you have more than one calendar, select the calendar where you want to save the event. 5. ...the event.
11.1.4 Customizing the Calendar Settings
On any calendar view, touch . Then touch More > ..., send you a notification, or to turn off event notifications on your mobile phone. • Select ringtone: ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 55
...time, the Clock application displays information about the weather and your phone. You can also use Clock to turn your mobile phone into an ... with your local weather and other useful information.
11.2.2 Opening the Alarms
On the Clock screen, touch Adding an Alarm 1. On...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 56
11.3 Using the File Manager
File Manager is like having a pocket-sized personal assistant (PA), letting you organize, ... to create. 2. Press to open the options panel, and then touch More > New folder.
3. Enter the name of the new folder in the text box. 4. Touch Save.
11.3.3 Moving or Copying a ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 57
... the memory status and available memory on your mobile phone and microSD card.
11.4 Using the Calculator
Use the calculator to solve simple arithmetic problems or use its advanced operators to solve more complex equations.
11.4.1 Opening the Calculator
Touch > Calculator to open...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 58
... network. When your mobile phone is using date and time settings provided automatically by the network, you cannot manually set the date, time,... Screen Turns Off
If your mobile phone is idle for several minutes, it will turn off the screen to save battery power. To set a longer or shorter idle time, ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 59
... Phone Ringtone
1. On the Settings screen, touch Sound > Phone ringtone. 2. Touch the ringtone you want to use, and ... select one of the options.
12.4 Setting Phone Services
12.4.1 Customizing Call Settings
You mobile phone service provider offers different services voicemail. You can customize many ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 60
... be spoken.
12.6 Protecting Your Mobile Phone
12.6.1 Protecting Your Mobile Phone with a Screen Lock
To keep your data more secure, lock the screen and/or require a screen unlock pattern every time your mobile phone is turned on or wakes up from sleep mode.
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 61
... Location & security > Change screen lock.
12.6.2 Unlocking Your mobile phone if you forget... your Google account password, you will be able to reset the unlock pattern. • After you have entered... your Google account password, you will be able to reset the unlock pattern.
12.7 Managing Applications
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 62
... Internet files and Browser history information. • Uninstall any downloaded programs that you no longer use. • Reset your mobile phone.
12.8 Resetting Your Mobile Phone
12.8.1 Backing Up My Data
You can use your Google account to back up your ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 63
... application settings, and any applications you have downloaded will be erased. Resetting the phone does not erase any system software updates you have downloaded... the Settings screen, touch Privacy > Factory data reset. 2. When prompted, touch Reset phone, and then touch Erase ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 64
... at refueling points such as service stations. Comply with restrictions on the use of radio equipment in fuel... in areas where blasting operations are in progress. Before using the device, watch out for areas that have... not talk on the device while driving. Use hands-free accessories. • When you have...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 65
... and the standby time are reduced. • While using the device, observe the local laws and... 32°F (0°C) to 113°F (45°C) for using the device powered by a battery. Prevention of Hearing Damage... with this model by the device manufacturer. The use of any other type of battery, charger, or accessory may...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 66
... from the electrical plug and the device when not in use. • The battery can be charged and discharged ...time are shorter than the normal time, replace the battery. • Use the AC power supply defined ... suspects damage, take it to a qualified service center for inspection. • Improper battery use may...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 67
• Only use the battery with a charging system that has been qualified with the system per this standard, IEEE-Std-1725-2006. Use of an unqualified battery or charger may present a risk of ... this standard, IEEE-Std-1725-2006. Use of an unqualified battery may present a risk of fire, ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 68
..., do not touch or try to remove the broken part. In this case, stop using the device immediately, and then contact an authorized service center in time. ... frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 69
... or modifications made to this device not expressly approved by Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. may void the ... (ANSI C63.19). While some wireless phones are used near some hearing devices (...The wireless telephone industry has developed a rating system for wireless phones, to assist hearing device users ...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 70
...two ratings. T-Ratings: Phones rated T3 or T4 meet FCC requirements and are likely to be more usable with a hearing device's telecoil ("T Switch" or "Telephone Switch") than unrated phones. ... song to be set as ringtone, and then touch Use as phone ringtone. How do I prevent automatic switching...
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 71
How do I hide the keyboard? Touch to hide the keyboard.
How do I forward a message? Touch and hold a message, and then touch Forward in the menu that opens. Why am I unable to use Navigation? Navigation is unavailable in some countries or regions.
- Huawei M835 | User Manual - Page 72
...appearance and display features depend on the mobile phone you purchase. Android is a trademark of Google Inc. Use of this trademark is subject to Google Permissions. © Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. 2011. All rights reserved.