Huawei M865 manual table of contents:
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 1
Welcome to HUAWEI
Ascend II User Guide
Model: HUAWEI M865
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 2
......2 1.3 Legal Notice...3
2 Getting to Know Your Mobile Phone...6
2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 Mobile Phone View ...6 Installing Your Mobile Phone ...8 Power On or Off Your Mobile Phone ...10 Using the Touchscreen...10 Locking and Unlocking the Screen ...11 Home Screen...12 ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 3
...6.1 SMS and MMS...28 6.2 Email...30
7 Getting Connected...33
7.1 7.2 7.3 7.4 7.5 Turning on the Data Service ...33 Wi-Fi ...33 Sharing Your Phone's Data Connection ...34 Browser...35 Bluetooth...37
8 Entertainment ...38
8.1 Taking Photos and ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 4
...Calculator ...58 Using the Richpad ...58
12 Managing Your Mobile Phone ...59
12.1 12.2 12.3 12.4 12.5 12.6 12... Text-to-Speech ...61 Protecting Your Mobile Phone ...62 Managing Applications...63 Resetting Your Mobile Phone ...64 Online Update...65
13.1 Warnings and Precautions...66 ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 5
... cause interference to control equipment of the aircraft. Switch off your mobile phone near high-precision electronic devices. The phone may ... of these devices. Do not attempt to disassemble your mobile phone or its accessories. Only qualified personnel are allowed to service or repair the phone.
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 6
Do not place your mobile phone or its accessories in containers with a strong electromagnetic field. Do not place magnetic storage...your wireless device. Strictly follow the relevant instructions of this manual while using the USB cable. Otherwise your mobile phone or PC may be damaged.
1.2 Personal ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 7
... without prior written consent of Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. The product described in this manual may include copyrighted software of Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. and possible licensors. Customers shall not in any manner reproduce, distribute, modify...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 8
.... will not provide any warranty of any kind for these third-party software and applications. Neither will Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. provide support to customers who use these third-party software and applications, nor be responsible or ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 9
This product uses the open-source Android™ platform. Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. has made necessary changes to ...may not support all the functions that are supported by the standard Android platform or may be incompatible with third-party software. Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. shall not be liable...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 10
2 Getting to Know Your Mobile Phone
2.1 Mobile Phone View
2.1.1 Phone at a Glance
All the pictures in this guide are for your reference only. The actual appearance and display features depend on the mobile phone you purchase.
1 11 10
9 8 7
5 3 4 6
1 3 5
Earpiece Menu Search
2 4 ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 11
... at Your Fingertips
• Press and hold to power on your mobile phone. • Press and hold to open the Phone options menu. • Press to lock the screen when your mobile phone is active. • Touch to return to the... to open Google search for searching your mobile phone and the web. • Touch and hold to ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 12
...Your Mobile Phone
2.2.1 Installing the Battery and the microSD Card
1 Remove the battery cover 2 Install ... been properly inserted into your phone.
1. Connect the USB cable that came with your .... 2. Connect the USB cable to your mobile phone. Then, plug in the connector of the charger to an electrical...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 13
...rather than live wallpaper. • When your mobile phone is not in use, switch off the screen. • Reset the time it takes for your screen light to switch off when you ... the AC adapter to plug your phone into an external power source whenever possible. • Turn Bluetooth off when you...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 14
..., when you do not need them. • Turn off the data service.
2.3 Power On or Off Your Mobile Phone
2.3.1 Powering On Your Mobile Phone
Press and hold... to press down until your mobile phone responds. For example, to open the options menu for the active screen, touch the screen and ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 15
...Your Mobile Phone Screen
The orientation of most screens will rotate with the phone as you turn it from upright to sideways and back again. Touch > Settings > Display > ... is locked, you can still receive messages and calls. • If your phone is idle for a while, the screen ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 16
...: Displays the reminders and status icons of your phone. Flick down to open the notifications panel. ...the operation and display areas of your phone. Indicates the current screen. Touch to view thumbnails of... and hold one of the shortcuts until the mobile phone vibrates, you can drag it to your desired...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 17
... is full New gmail Preparing mircoSD card Synchronization failed 1X in use
Downloading Wi-Fi network in range Error More undisplayed notifications Synchronizing data Signal strength 3G in use
2.6.2 Notifications Panel
Your mobile phone will notify you when you receive a new message or there is an ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 18
...the screen number.
2.6.4 Customizing the Home Screen
Adding a New Screen Item 1. Touch and hold a blank area on... and hold an item on the Home screen until the item expands in size and the mobile phone vibrates. 2. Without lifting your finger, drag the item to the desired position on the screen, and ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 19
... Touch and hold an item on the Home screen until the item expands and the mobile phone vibrates. 2. Without lifting your finger, drag the ... the trash can turn red, the item is ready to be removed. 3. Release the item to remove it from the Home screen.
2.6.5 Service Shortcuts
1. Open ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 20
... holds icons for all of the applications on your phone. You can touch on the Home screen to open the application list.
... music and pictures from your PC to your mobile phone's microSD card, set the microSD card as USB mass storage. 1. Connect your mobile phone to your PC with the USB cable. Your PC ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 21
...the USB mass storage device (your mobile phone) when you have finished transferring files.
2.8.2...3. Carefully remove the microSD card.
To make a phone call, you can dial a number or ...the appropriate numeric keys to enter the phone number. Your mobile phone supports the SmartDial function, ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 22
... no contact is matched with your entered information, the phone will not display any result. 3. Touch to... contact you want to call. 3. Touch to dial the phone number.
3.1.3 Making a Call from Call log
When you receive a phone call, the incoming call screen opens with the caller's name ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 23
...with multiple callers. Contact your network operator to learn if conference calls are supported and, if yes, how many can participate. 1. To initiate a ...the first participant, keep the connection open, touch Add call. 2. Enter the phone number of the next person you want to join the conversation and ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 24
... and touch an existing contact name.
3.5 Using Airplane Mode
Some locations may require you to turn off your phone's wireless connections. Rather than powering off your phone, you can place it in Airplane mode. 1. Press and hold .
2. Touch Airplane mode ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 25
... TTY device to the headset jack of the phone and set the phone to the TTY mode. 2. Make or answer calls...Call settings > Hearing aids to set your phone to be compatible with a hearing aid.
The Contacts ...you to save and manage information such as phone numbers and addresses of your contacts....
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 26
... the contact's name, and then add detailed information such as phone number or address. 4. When you are finished, touch Done to save the contact ... a contact, and then touch the star to the right of the contact's name. The star turns gold.
4.3 Indexing Contacts
You can index your Contacts to quickly ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 27
... contact information you wish to change: name, phone number, email address, or any other ...(SMS) or multimedia message (MMS) to a contact's default phone number. You can also open details... you have entered for the contact, the applications on your phone, and the accounts you have.
4.6.2 Communicating ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 28
... if you import contacts by: • Adding an account, such as a Gmail account. • Using the social networking services such as Facebook or Twitter. (If your phone has the Streams function, you can use it to access Facebook or Twitter.) • Using ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 29
4.9.1 Joining Contacts
Make sure you have added an account and have duplicate contacts in Contacts. 1. Touch > Contacts.
2. Touch a duplicated contact. 3. Touch Joined Contacts > Add contact. 4. Select the contact to be joined to combine two duplicate contacts. Two contacts will be joined together...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 30
a s d f g h j
z x c v b n m
Touch to insert a space. Touch to enter text by voice. Touch to select input method or set input method. Touch to change from text mode to symbol/number mode. Touch once to capitalize the next letter you type. Touch and hold for all caps.
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 31
... > Settings > Language & keyboard > Android keyboard > Voice input to turn on or turn off voice input.
5.1.3 Using the Swype Keyboard
Touch to insert a space. Touch to change from text mode to symbol/number mode. Touch and hold to get helpful tips. Touch to get swype functions. Touch ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 32
5.1.4 Using the Landscape Keyboard
If you find the keyboard inconvenient or difficult to use, turn your mobile phone sideways. The screen will display the keyboard in landscape orientation, providing you with a wider keyboard layout.
5.2 Customizing ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 33
...1. Touch > Messaging > New message. to select a contact from
2. Enter a phone number in the To field, or touch Contacts.
3. Touch the composition text ...smiley.
• Touch Add subject to add the message subject. Your mobile phone is now in multimedia message mode. • Touch Attach to add a picture, ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 34
..., touch settings. , and then touch Settings to customize the message
Your mobile phone also puts email at your fingertips. With your phone's Email application, you can use your email account with Yahoo!, AOL, or other popular email services on your phone.
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 35
... of popular email systems are supported. You can work with the same email service that you use on ...or you can select another email service. 1. Touch > Email.
2. To customize your email settings, ... your account manually, you will need the correct parameters for the account. Contact your email service ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 36
... email account you want to use. 2. Touch the email message you want to view. 3. Touch Save to download the email attachment.
6.2.6 Deleting an Email Account
1. On the accounts screen, touch and hold the email account you want to delete. 2. Touch ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 37
... necessary details manually, although you may need to contact your email service provider to ... settings, or Server settings.
7 Getting Connected
7.1 Turning on the Data Service
1. Touch > Settings. 2. Touch Wireless &... access. To use Wi-Fi on your mobile phone, you need to have an access to wireless ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 38
... be prompted to enter the password again unless you reset your mobile phone to its default settings. On the Wi-Fi settings screen, touch Add Wi-... mobile phone's data connection with devices at the same time, by turning your phone into a portable Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 39
... Your Phone's Data Connection as a Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot
A Tethering Plan from your service provider ... network name or secure it.
Your mobile phone comes with a browser. You can use Browser ... mobile networks are present at the same time, your phone will preferably select a Wi-Fi network ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 40
1. In a browser window, touch the URL field at the top of the screen. 2. Use the keyboard to enter the web page address. You can ... Managing Bookmarks
You can store as many bookmarks as you want on your mobile phone. Adding a Bookmark 1. In a browser screen, go to the web page you want to save ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 41
...then select the Discoverable to make your mobile phone visible to other Bluetooth devices.
7.5.2 Pairing... & networks > Bluetooth settings. Your mobile phone will then scan for Bluetooth devices in range... you want to pair with your mobile phone. 4. Enter the pairing password to complete the connection...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 42
...Touch and hold the file to be sent in your mobile phone or SD card. The active options menu is ... device and personal assistant, your mobile phone also provides you with a multitude of entertainment possibilities...., create videos and audio clips, and download and listen to music.
8.1 Taking Photos and...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 43
... to take photos. Touch to take a 5 photo. Touch to customize the camera settings.
On the capture screen, touch
to show the capture panel.
8.1.2 Taking ... you have just taken is shown in the upper right corner of the capture screen. Touch the thumbnail to view it. 2. Touch the onscreen button to do ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 44
... recorded is shown in the upper right corner of the Capture screen. Touch the thumbnail to view it. 2. Touch the onscreen ...search for pictures and videos on your mobile phone and microSD card. Use Gallery ...contains the pictures you want to view. 2. Touch the picture to view it in full-screen mode.
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 45
.... The picture viewer supports the automatic rotation function. When you rotate your mobile phone, the picture adjusts itself to the rotation.
8.2.3 Rotating a Picture... so you can listen to music on your mobile phone.
8.3.1 Copying Music to the microSD Card
1. Connect the phone...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 46
...by your PC's operating system to safely remove the mobile phone. 6. Disconnect the mobile phone from the PC.
8.3.2 Opening the Media Library
Touch > ...song.
8.3.4 Adding Music to a Playlist
1. Touch a category on the music library screen. 2. In the list that appears, select the song you want to add ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 47
... to your country or carrier. Please follow the local laws and regulations to use them. When you turn on your mobile phone for the first time, touch a Google services such as Talk, Gmail, or Market, and you will be prompted to sign in ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 48
... Google's web-based email service. When you first set up your phone, you may have ... first time you open the Gmail application on your phone, your Inbox will contain the messages from your Gmail ... Any emails you decide to keep on your mobile phone will go to your Inbox folder.
9.2.2 Switching Between ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 49
... More > Settings to customize your Gmail.
9.3 Using Talk
Talk is Google's instant messaging service. ... real time with other people using Talk on a phone or on the web.
9.3.1 Opening Talk
Touch > Talk to... account you set up with your mobile phone.
9.3.2 Adding a Friend
1. In the friends list, touch ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 50
Whenever you receive an instant message, your mobile phone can play a sound, vibrate, or display an ... will hear a short sample of the ringtone when you select it. To turn the ringtone off, select Silent. Select the check box to make your mobile phone vibrate when you receive a new instant message.
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 51
... you finish viewing or following the directions, touch Map to reset the map. and touch Clear
9.5 Using YouTube
YouTube is Google's free online video streaming service for viewing, searching for, and uploading videos.
9.5.1 Opening YouTube
Touch > YouTube. You will then see the YouTube screen.
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 52
9.6 Using Market
Android Market provides direct access to applications and games which you can download and install on your phone.
9.6.1 Opening Market
1. Touch > Market. 2. When you open Market for the first time, the Android Market ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 53
... Cancel. 6. After the application has been downloaded and installed on your mobile phone, the content download icon appears in the notification bar.
9.6.4 Uninstalling an Application
1. On the Market screen, touch My apps. 2. Touch the application ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 54
...any of these applications on the web, the updated information also appears on your mobile phone. This is made possible through over-the-air data synchronization.... of accounts, depending on the applications installed on your mobile phone. For example, you can start by adding your personal...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 55
..., such as the first account you signed into on the mobile phone. If you attempt to remove certain accounts, all personal information ... be deleted. You can only remove a Gmail account by resetting the phone to factory defaults. 1. On the Accounts & sync settings screen, touch the account to delete. 2....
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 56
... check box to control whether changes you make to information on the phone or on the web are automatically synchronized with each other. For example, when this option is selected, changes that you make in Contacts on the phone are automatically made in Google Contacts on the web.
10.2.2 Changing ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 57
... Depending on your synchronization settings, the calendar on your phone can be synchronized with the internet-based calendar you... Event
1. On any calendar view, touch details screen. 2. Enter the event name. • If there ...touch New event. A new event details screen will . Then touch New event to open ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 58
...subscribed to for each account that is configured to synchronize events to your phone, organized by account. (Calendars for accounts you have configured not ... receive an event reminder. • Vibrate: Select to vibrate the mobile phone when you receive an event notification. • Default reminder time: ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 59
... the Clock application displays information about the weather and your phone. You can also use Clock to turn your mobile phone into an alarm clock.
11.3.1 ...for the alarm. 5. Select the Vibrate check box to have the phone vibrate, in addition to playing the ringtone. 6. Touch Label to ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 60
11.4.2 Creating a Folder
1. On the File Manager screen, access the directory of the folder you want ... a Quick Search for a File
1. On the File Manager screen, touch a folder to access the directory where the file ...and then touch Search. . Your mobile phone will start the search. 3. Write a key word...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 61
.... 6. Touch New search for a new search or press the back key to return to the file manager screen.
11.4.5 Compressing or Extracting Files
Your phone supports compressing and extracting files. You can only compress files and folders into .zip files, ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 62
Use the calculator to solve simple arithmetic problems or use its advanced operators to solve more ...notes. You can touch any button on the screen to use the Richpad. 1. Touch 2. Touch > Richpad ... touch the icon on the upper right corner of the screen to draw a picture. 3. Touch the icons on the lower...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 63
.... 3. Touch OK to save the adjustment.
12.2.2 Adjusting the Time Before the Screen Turns Off
If your mobile phone is idle for several minutes, it will turn off the screen to save battery power. To set a longer or shorter idle time, do the ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 64
...Touch OK to save the adjustment.
12.3.3 Changing the Phone Ringtone
1. On the Settings screen, touch Sound ...selected.
12.3.5 Setting Your Phone to Vibrate for Incoming Calls
1. On the Settings screen, touch Sound.... one of the options.
12.4 Setting Phone Services
12.4.1 Customizing Call Settings
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 65
...to-speech settings > Install voice data. 2. If your mobile phone does not have speech synthesizer data installed, connect to Android Market and let it guide you through the process of downloading and installing the data. 3. Follow the instructions to install the voice data.
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 66
To keep your data more secure, lock the screen and/or require a screen unlock pattern every time your mobile phone is turned on or wakes up from sleep mode. 1. On the Settings screen, touch Location & security > Set up screen lock > Pattern. ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 67
... your Google account password, you will be able to reset the unlock pattern.
12.7 Managing Applications
Some applications are designed to be stored on your phone's USB storage or SD card (depending on your model of phone), rather than in internal storage. Others are designed so you can ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 68
..., your system and application settings, and any applications you have downloaded will be erased. Resetting the phone does not erase any system software updates you have downloaded or any files on your microSD card, such as ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 69
2. When prompted, touch Reset phone, and then touch Erase everything. The mobile phone resets the settings to the original factory settings, and then restarts.
12.9 ... you to update. You can also touch Settings > About phone > Software Update to check whether the new software is ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 70
... Some wireless devices may affect the performance of hearing aids. For any such problems, consult your service provider. • To ensure that the Hearing Aid Compatibility ... atmospheres include the areas where you would normally be advised to turn off your vehicle engine. Triggering of ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 71
...bag inflates. • Do not use your device while flying in an aircraft. Power off your device before boarding an aircraft. Using wireless devices ...inch (1.5 cm) from your body. Ensure that the device accessories such as a device case and a device holster are not composed of metal components. Keep your ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 72
... ambient temperature between 32°F (0°C) to 113°F (45°C) for using the device powered by a battery. Prevention of Hearing Damage Using a headset at ... than the normal time, replace the battery. • Use the AC power supply defined in the specifications of the charger. An improper power voltage may ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 73
... clean water immediately and consult a doctor. • If there is a case of battery deformation, color change, or abnormal heating while you... or battery. If the device or battery is dropped, especially on a hard surface, and the user suspects damage, take it to a qualified service center for inspection....
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 74
... the manufacturer is not liable to pay for the damage. • If the device screen is broken by colliding with hard objects, do not touch or try to remove the broken part. In this case, stop using the device immediately, and then contact an authorized service center in time. ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 75
... if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio ... or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged ... made to this device not expressly approved by Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. may void ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 76
... aids or cochlear implants, digital wireless phones sometimes do because of electromagnetic energy ...'s antenna, backlight, or other components. Your phone is compliant with FCC HAC regulations (ANSI ... ("T Switch" or "Telephone Switch") than unrated phones. T4 is the better/higher of the two ratings. (...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 77
How do I set a song as phone ringtone? Touch and hold the song to be set as ringtone, and then touch Use as phone ringtone. How do I prevent automatic switching of orientation when rotating phone? Touch > Settings > Display > Auto-rotate screen to disable the function.
How do I ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 78
All the pictures in this guide are for your reference only. The actual appearance and display features depend on the mobile phone you purchase. Android is a trademark of Google Inc. Use of this trademark is subject to Google Permissions. © Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. 2011. All rights ...