Huawei M865 manual table of contents:
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 1
Welcome to HUAWEI
Ascend II User Guide
Model: HUAWEI M865
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 2
... 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 Mobile Phone View ...6 Installing Your Mobile Phone ...8 Power On or Off Your Mobile Phone ...10 Using the Touchscreen...10 Locking and Unlocking the Screen ...11 Home Screen...12 Application List...16 Using a microSD Card ...16
3.1 3.2 3.3 ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 3
5.1 Displaying the Keyboard Panel...26 5.2 Customizing Keyboard Settings...28
6 Messaging ...28
6.1 SMS and MMS...28 6.2 Email...30
7 Getting Connected...33
7.1 7.2 7.3 7.4 7.5 Turning on the Data Service ...33 Wi-Fi ...33 Sharing Your Phone's Data Connection ...34 ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 4
...Calculator ...58 Using the Richpad ...58
12 Managing Your Mobile Phone ...59
12.1 12.2 12.3 12.4 12.5 12.6 12... Text-to-Speech ...61 Protecting Your Mobile Phone ...62 Managing Applications...63 Resetting Your Mobile Phone ...64 Online Update...65
13.1 Warnings and Precautions...66 ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 5
... ensure the correct use of your mobile phone. Do not crash, throw, or puncture your mobile... cause interference or danger.
Do not use your mobile phone while driving.
Follow any... attempt to disassemble your mobile phone or its accessories. Only qualified personnel are allowed to service or repair the...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 6
...' privacy and legal rights when using your wireless device. Strictly follow the relevant instructions of this manual while using the USB cable. Otherwise your mobile phone or PC may be damaged.
1.2 Personal Information and Data Security
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 7
... form or by any means without prior written consent of Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. The product described in this manual may include copyrighted software of Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. and possible licensors. Customers shall not in any manner reproduce, ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 8
.... will not provide any warranty of any kind for these third-party software and applications. Neither will Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. provide support to customers who use these third-party software and applications, nor be responsible or ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 9
... this product may not support all the functions that are supported by the standard Android platform or may be incompatible with third-party software. Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. shall not be liable for any of such situation. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES THE CONTENTS OF ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 10
2 Getting to Know Your Mobile Phone
2.1 Mobile Phone View
2.1.1 Phone at a Glance
All the pictures in this guide are for your reference only. The actual appearance and display features depend on the mobile phone you purchase.
1 11 10
9 8 7
5 3 4 6
1 3 5
Earpiece Menu ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 11
... Functions at Your Fingertips
• Press and hold to power on your mobile phone. • Press and hold to open the Phone options menu. • Press to lock the screen when your mobile phone is active. • Touch to return to the previous screen. • Touch to exit any application you are running. • ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 12
...Your Mobile Phone
2.2.1 Installing the Battery and the microSD Card
1 Remove the battery cover 2 Install ... properly inserted into your phone.
1. Connect the USB cable that came with your mobile ... to the charger. 2. Connect the USB cable to your mobile phone. Then, plug in the connector of the charger...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 13
... battery power: • Use normal wallpaper rather than live wallpaper. • When your mobile phone is not in use, switch off the screen. • Reset the time it takes for your screen light to switch off when you leave your phone idle. • Lower the ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 14
... when you do not need them. • Turn off the data service.
2.3 Power On or Off Your Mobile Phone
2.3.1 Powering On Your Mobile Phone
Press and hold ... • Make some initial decisions about how you want to use your mobile phone
2.3.3 Powering Off Your Mobile Phone
1. Press and ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 15
The orientation of most screens will rotate with the phone as you turn it from upright to sideways and back again....When your phone is on, press to lock the screen. When the screen is locked, you can still receive messages and calls. • If your phone is idle for a while, the screen will ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 16
... the operation and display areas of your phone. Indicates the current screen. Touch to view thumbnails of all screens. Shortcuts Touch to view all your applications.
Touch...or move it to the trash. You can also drag a screen item to the shortcut position.
2.6.1 Notification and Status ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 17
...mute Memory is full New gmail Preparing mircoSD card Synchronization failed 1X in use
Downloading Wi-Fi network in range Error... data Signal strength 3G in use
2.6.2 Notifications Panel
Your mobile phone will notify you when you receive a new message or there is an upcoming event. The notifications ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 18
Touch > Home settings > Advanced settings > Screen number to set the screen number.
2.6.4 Customizing the Home Screen... hold an item on the Home screen until the item expands in size and the mobile phone vibrates. 2. Without lifting your finger, drag the item to the desired position on the screen, ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 19
... to the trash can. When the item and the trash can turn red, the item is ready to be removed. 3. Release the item to remove it from the Home screen.
2.6.5 Service Shortcuts
1. Open the notification bar. 2. Touch at the top of the screen to switch ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 20
... your favorite music and pictures from your PC to your mobile phone's microSD card, set the microSD card as USB mass storage. 1. Connect your mobile phone to your PC with the USB cable. Your PC will detect the microSD card as a removable disk. 2. Open the ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 21
You can now transfer files from your PC to your mobile phone's microSD card. When your microSD card acts as USB mass storage, your mobile phone will not use this memory space. Your PC will tell you how to safely disconnect the USB ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 22
... entry, the options menu will open.
3.2 Answering or Rejecting a Call
3.2.1 Answering an Incoming Call
When you receive a phone call, the incoming call screen opens with the caller's name and number that you have entered in Contacts. Drag the to ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 23
... a Call
3.3.1 Making a Conference Call
If you receive a new call while you are already on a ... your network operator to learn if conference calls are supported and, if yes, how many can participate. 1. ... the connection open, touch Add call. 2. Enter the phone number of the next person you want to join ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 24
...3.5 Using Airplane Mode
Some locations may require you to turn off your phone's wireless connections. Rather than powering off your phone, you can place it in Airplane mode. 1. Press and hold .
... connecting the phone to the TTY device, you can use the TTY functions to send/receive messages. ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 25
...TTY device to send or receive the letters. 4. Press the End to end the call.
3.6.2 Setting the TTY Mode
1. Touch > ... mode and the listening mode. • TTY Full: Transmit and receive the TTY characters. • TTY HCO:...new mobile phone and have not yet added any contacts, Contacts displays a message with ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 26
... the contact's name, and then add detailed information such as phone number or address. 4. When you are finished, touch Done to save the contact ... a contact, and then touch the star to the right of the contact's name. The star turns gold.
4.3 Indexing Contacts
You can index your Contacts to quickly ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 27
... send a text (SMS) or multimedia message (MMS) to a contact's default phone number. You can ... frame (if you have not assigned a picture to the contact) to open Quick Contact ... with. 2. On the contact's details screen, touch the icon to the right of the number to call or send messages.
4.7 Deleting a ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 28
... if you import contacts by: • Adding an account, such as a Gmail account. • Using the social networking services such as Facebook or Twitter. (If your phone has the Streams function, you can use it to access Facebook or Twitter.) • Using ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 29
4.9.1 Joining Contacts
Make sure you have added an account and have duplicate contacts in Contacts. 1. Touch > Contacts.
2. Touch a duplicated contact. 3. Touch Joined Contacts > Add contact. 4. Select the contact to be joined to combine two duplicate contacts. Two contacts will be joined together...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 30
a s d f g h j
z x c v b n m
Touch to insert a space. Touch to enter text by voice. Touch to select input method or set input method. Touch to change from text mode to symbol/number mode. Touch once to capitalize the next letter you type. Touch and hold for all caps.
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 31
Touch > Settings > Language & keyboard > Android keyboard > Voice input to turn on or turn off voice input.
5.1.3 Using the Swype Keyboard
q w e... left of the cursor.
Touch to insert a space. Touch to change from text mode to symbol/number mode. Touch and hold to get helpful tips. Touch to get ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 32
If you find the keyboard inconvenient or difficult to use, turn your mobile phone sideways. The screen will display the keyboard in landscape orientation, providing you with a wider keyboard layout.
5.2 Customizing Keyboard Settings
1. Touch > Settings...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 33
... then touch Insert smiley.
• Touch Add subject to add the message subject. Your mobile phone is now in multimedia message mode. • Touch Attach to add a picture, music, or video file. 5. When the message is ready to be sent, touch ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 34
... to finish composing your message and return to the multimedia message screen. 5. To alter your ..., touch the slideshow on the multimedia message screen. When the message is ready to be sent, touch Send.
6.1.4 Opening... then touch Settings to customize the message
Your mobile phone also puts...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 35
... settings, answer the onscreen prompts, and then touch Next. Or touch Manual setup if you want to set the mail server yourself. If you choose to set up your account manually, you will need the correct parameters for the account. Contact your email service provider for this information. ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 36
6.2.3 Creating and Sending an Email Message
1. On the accounts screen, touch the email account you want to use....you want to use. 2. Touch the email message you want to view. 3. Touch Save to download the email attachment.
6.2.6 Deleting an Email Account
1. On the accounts screen, touch and hold the ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 37
service you are using. You can enter the necessary details manually, although you may need to contact your email service provider to obtain the correct information for the account. 1. Touch > Email.
2. On the accounts screen, touch and hold the email account you want to change....
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 38
... to a secured wireless network that you have already used, you will not be prompted to enter the password again unless you reset your mobile phone to its default settings. On the Wi-Fi settings screen, touch Add Wi-Fi network to add a new Wi-...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 39
... Your Phone's Data Connection as a Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot
A Tethering Plan from your service provider ... web page or open a new web page on this screen. • Refresh: Touch to refresh the current page. ... menus and perform operations such as searching, selecting text, downloading, or setting options.
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 40
...a browser window, touch the URL field at the top of the screen. 2. Use the keyboard to enter the web page ... you want on your mobile phone. Adding a Bookmark 1. In a browser screen, go to the web page ... touch , and then touch Bookmarks.
On the Bookmarks screen, touch the History tab to view the pages ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 41
... friends, talk hands-free with a Bluetooth headset, or even transfer photos on your phone... may interfere with your Bluetooth connection.
7.5.1 Turning On Bluetooth
1. Touch > Settings. 2. Touch Wireless... you want to pair with your mobile phone. 4. Enter the pairing password to complete the connection...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 42
...and hold the file to be sent in your mobile phone or SD card. The active options menu is displayed. 2...., create videos and audio clips, and download and listen to music.
8.1 Taking Photos and... open the camera. The camera opens in landscape mode, ready to take a picture or record a video. • Touch to...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 43
... to take photos. Touch to take a 5 photo. Touch to customize the camera settings.
On the capture screen, touch
to show the capture panel.
8.1.2 Taking ... you have just taken is shown in the upper right corner of the capture screen. Touch the thumbnail to view it. 2. Touch the onscreen button to do ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 44
... send the video in a message or post it online. • Touch Delete to delete the video. On the video playing screen,...automatically search for pictures and videos on your mobile phone and microSD card. Use ... that contains the pictures you want to view. 2. Touch the picture to view it in full-screen mode....
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 45
...picture. The picture viewer supports the automatic rotation function. When you rotate your mobile phone... the cropped picture. Touch Discard to discard the changes.
8.3 Enjoying Music
You can download....
8.3.1 Copying Music to the microSD Card
1. Connect the phone to your computer with a USB cable and...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 46
1. Touch a category on the music library screen. 2. Touch the song you want to play... to a Playlist
1. Touch a category on the music library screen. 2. In the list that appears, select the song you...
1. Touch the Playlists tab on the music library screen. 2. Touch and hold the playlist you...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 47
... laws and regulations to use them. When you turn on your mobile phone for the first time, touch a Google services such as Talk, Gmail, or Market, and ... first name, last name, and user name for your Google account, and then touch Next. The mobile phone will connect to the Google ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 48
... Google's web-based email service. When you first set up your phone, you may have configured ... you open the Gmail application on your phone, your Inbox will contain the messages from your Gmail account on the... email subject and write your message. If you want to add a picture attachment, touch select ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 49
... Your Gmail Settings
In the mail list, touch , and then touch More > Settings to customize your Gmail.
9.3 Using Talk
Talk is Google's instant messaging service. You can use it to communicate in real time with other people using Talk ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 50
... for New Instant Messages
Whenever you receive an instant message, your mobile phone can play a sound, vibrate, or display... check box to make your mobile phone vibrate when you receive a new instant message.
9.3.6 Signing Out of Talk
In the friends list screen, touch , and ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 51
... you finish viewing or following the directions, touch Map to reset the map. and touch Clear
9.5 Using YouTube
YouTube is Google's free online video streaming service for viewing, searching for, and uploading videos.
9.5.1 Opening YouTube
Touch > YouTube. You will then see the YouTube screen.
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 52
... Market provides direct access to applications and games which you can download and install on your phone.
9.6.1 Opening Market
1. Touch > Market....a few different ways to find applications on the Market home screen, including: • Featured applications. • List of games. • ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 53
... the item details screen, read more about the application, including its cost, overall rating, and user comments. If you scroll down to the... your mobile phone, the content download icon appears in the notification bar.
9.6.4 Uninstalling an Application
1. On the Market screen, touch ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 54
...these applications on the web, the updated information also appears on your mobile phone. This is made possible ... data itself is not merged. 1. Touch > Settings > Accounts & sync. The screen displays your ... accounts. In some cases, you may need to obtain account details from an IT support. For example...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 55
..., such as the first account you signed into on the mobile phone. If you attempt to remove certain accounts, all personal information ... be deleted. You can only remove a Gmail account by resetting the phone to factory defaults. 1. On the Accounts & sync settings screen, touch the account to delete. 2....
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 56
10.2.1 Configuring General Sync Settings
On the Accounts & sync settings screen, do the following: • Select or clear the Background data check box ... Changing an Account's Synchronization Settings
1. On the Accounts & sync settings screen, touch the account whose synchronization settings you want to...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 57
... Depending on your synchronization settings, the calendar on your phone can be synchronized with the internet-based calendar you... Event
1. On any calendar view, touch details screen. 2. Enter the event name. • If there ...touch New event. A new event details screen will . Then touch New event to open ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 58
... to your phone, organized by account. (Calendars for accounts you have configured not to synchronize ... subscribed to Calendars that you configure not to store on the phone and you can still .... • Vibrate: Select to vibrate the mobile phone when you receive an event notification. • Default reminder ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 59
.... You can also use Clock to turn your mobile phone into an alarm clock.
11... useful information.
11.3.2 Opening the Alarms
On the Clock screen, touch Adding an Alarm 1. On the alarm list screen,...a name for the alarm. 7. Touch Done. Customizing Alarm Settings On the alarm list screen, touch , and then...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 60
11.4.2 Creating a Folder
1. On the File Manager screen, access the directory of the folder you want ... a Quick Search for a File
1. On the File Manager screen, touch a folder to access the directory where the file ...and then touch Search. . Your mobile phone will start the search. 3. Write a key word...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 61
.... 6. Touch New search for a new search or press the back key to return to the file manager screen.
11.4.5 Compressing or Extracting Files
Your phone supports compressing and extracting files. You can only compress files and folders into .zip files, ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 62
Use the calculator to solve simple arithmetic problems or use its advanced operators to solve more ...notes. You can touch any button on the screen to use the Richpad. 1. Touch 2. Touch > Richpad ... the icon on the upper right corner of the screen to draw a picture. 3. Touch the icons on the lower part ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 63
... settings provided automatically by the network, you cannot manually set the date, time, and time zone...your mobile phone is idle for several minutes, it will turn off the screen to save battery power....12.3 Setting Ringers
12.3.1 Turning On Silent Mode
1. On the Settings screen, touch Sound. 2. Select ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 64
... Touch OK to save the adjustment.
12.3.3 Changing the Phone Ringtone
1. On the Settings screen, touch Sound >... select one of the options.
12.4 Setting Phone Services
12.4.1 Customizing Call Settings
You ...your calling plan. On the Settings screen, touch Call settings to customize your call functions....
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 65
... about data roaming fees.
12.4.3 Switching off the Data Service
1. On the Settings screen, touch Wireless & networks > Mobile networks. 2. Clear the..., connect to Android Market and let it guide you through the process of downloading and installing the data. 3. Follow the instructions to install the ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 66
... your data more secure, lock the screen and/or require a screen unlock pattern every time your mobile phone is turned on or wakes up from sleep mode. 1. On the Settings screen, touch Location & security > Set up screen lock > Pattern. 2. Flicking your...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 67
... have entered your Google account password, you will be able to reset the unlock pattern.
12.7 Managing Applications
12.7.1 Viewing ...card
Some applications are designed to be stored on your phone's USB storage or SD card (depending on your model of phone), rather than in internal storage. Others are...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 68
..., your system and application settings, and any applications you have downloaded will be erased. Resetting the phone does not erase any system software updates you have downloaded or any files on your microSD card, such as ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 69
2. When prompted, touch Reset phone, and then touch Erase everything. The mobile phone resets the settings to the original factory settings, and then restarts.
12.9 Online Update
Your mobile phone has pre-installed the online update function. When ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 70
... • Some wireless devices may affect the performance of hearing aids. For any such problems, consult your service provider. • To ensure that the Hearing Aid Compatibility ... or even deaths. Do not power on your device at refueling points such as service stations. Comply with ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 71
... on driving. Your first responsibility is to drive safely. • Do not talk on the device while driving. Use hands-free accessories. ...0.59 inch (1.5 cm) from your body. Ensure that the device accessories such as a device case and a device holster are not composed of metal components. Keep your device ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 72
... of times before it eventually wears out. When the standby time and the talk time are shorter than the normal time, replace the battery. • Use the AC power supply defined in the specifications of the charger. An improper power voltage may cause a ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 73
.... If the device or battery is dropped, especially on a hard surface, and the user suspects damage, take it to a qualified service center for inspection. • Improper battery ... have completed the USB-IF compliance program. • Only use the battery with a charging system that has been qualified ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 74
...on the device and accessories is invalid and the manufacturer is not liable to pay for the damage. • If the device screen is broken by colliding with hard objects, do not touch or try to remove the broken part. In this case, stop using the device immediately, and...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 75
... television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference .... Caution Changes or modifications made to this device not expressly approved by Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. may void the FCC authorization to operate this ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 76
... for wireless phones, to assist hearing device users find phones that may be compatible with their hearing devices. Not all phones have been ...box or a label located on the box. The ratings are not guarantees. Results will vary depending on the user's hearing device and hearing loss...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 77
...I prevent automatic switching of orientation when rotating phone? Touch > Settings > Display > Auto-rotate screen to disable the function.
How do I set the unlock pattern? Touch >... & security > Set up screen lock > Pattern.
How can I change the keyboard mode? Touch and hold the ...
- Huawei M865 | User Manual - Page 78
All the pictures in this guide are for your reference only. The actual appearance and display features depend on the mobile phone you purchase. Android is a trademark of Google Inc. Use of this trademark is subject to Google Permissions. © Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. 2011. All rights ...