KitchenAid KHMC1857WSS manual table of contents:
- KitchenAid KHMC1857WSS | Installation Guide - Page 1
...cover different models. The appearance of your particular model may differ slightly from the illustration in these installation instructions.
Table of Contents
MICROWAVE HOOD COMBINATION SAFETY ...1 INSTALLATION REQUIREMENTS ...2 Tools and Parts...2...
- KitchenAid KHMC1857WSS | Installation Guide - Page 2
...Check the opening where the microwave oven will be installed. The location must provide: ■ Minimum installation dimensions. See ...150 lbs (68 kg), which includes microwave oven and items placed inside ... to back of microwave oven) Cardboard template (part of packaging) Aluminum grease filters Charcoal...
- KitchenAid KHMC1857WSS | Installation Guide - Page 3
...■ A separate circuit serving only this microwave oven.
A. 2" x 4" wall stud B. Grounded 3 prong outlet
*30" (76.2 cm) ... or serviceman if the grounding instructions are not completely understood, or if doubt exists as to whether the microwave oven is properly grounded.
- KitchenAid KHMC1857WSS | Installation Guide - Page 4
4. Lift blower motor out of microwave oven.
Remove Mounting Plate
Depending on your model, the mounting ... back into the microwave oven.
Rotate Blower Motor
The microwave oven is set for recirculation installation. For wall or roof venting, changes must be made ...
- KitchenAid KHMC1857WSS | Installation Guide - Page 5
... Installation Only." Rotate blower motor so that exhaust ports face the top of microwave ... motor to back of microwave oven with 2 screws removed in Step 3 of "Wall Venting Installation Only..., the 2 screws removed in Step 3 cannot be reattached to the microwave oven. 7. Reattach damper plate. Make ...
- KitchenAid KHMC1857WSS | Installation Guide - Page 6
... wall studs exist within the cabinet opening, do not install the microwave oven. See illustrations in "Possible Wall Stud Configurations." 1. Using a stud finder, locate ... Rear Wall" section), only recirculation or roof venting installation can be done.
Wall Stud at One End Hole
- KitchenAid KHMC1857WSS | Installation Guide - Page 7
Mark Rear Wall
The microwave oven must be installed on a minimum of 1 wall stud, preferably ... plate aside.
Wall Venting Installation Only
2. Align the center markers on the cardboard ...
Drill Holes in Rear Wall
In addition to being installed on at least 1 wall stud, the mounting plate...
- KitchenAid KHMC1857WSS | Installation Guide - Page 8
...fits inside the frame, against the upper cabinet bottom. The template has trim lines to use as guides. ■ If the wall behind the microwave oven (as installed) has a partial wall covering (for example, tile backsplash), be sure the “Rear Wallମ.
- KitchenAid KHMC1857WSS | Installation Guide - Page 9
...be installed around the supply cord hole, as shown.
Install the Microwave Oven
Excessive Weight Hazard Use two or more people to move and install microwave oven. Failure to do so can ...2. Make sure the microwave oven door is closed and taped shut.
For Roof Venting Installation Only...
- KitchenAid KHMC1857WSS | Installation Guide - Page 10
... upper cabinet bottom and the microwave oven.
A. Vent B. Damper assembly (under vent)
1. Install filters. Refer to the ... prong outlet. See the User Instructions for troubleshooting information.
Installation is now complete. Save Installation Instructions for future use.
- KitchenAid KHMC1857WSS | Installation Guide - Page 11
.../contractor reference only. NOTES: ■ Vent materials needed for installation are not provided with microwave hood combination.
Rectangular to Round ..., be sure there is at least 3" (7.6 cm) of clearance between the top of the microwave oven and the transition piece. See "Rectangular to ...
- KitchenAid KHMC1857WSS | Installation Guide - Page 12
... dealer or service center. When you call, you will need the microwave oven model number ... Instructions.
Filler Panel Kits are available from your dealer to use when installing this microwave ... replacement parts. You will need your model number located on the front facing of the microwave ...