KitchenAid KHMC1857WSS manual table of contents:
- KitchenAid KHMC1857WSS | Installation Guide - Page 1
... 36" (91.4 cm) wide. See "Installation Requirements" section for further notes. These ... slightly from the illustration in these installation instructions.
Table of Contents
MICROWAVE HOOD COMBINATION SAFETY... provided many important safety messages in this manual and on your appliance. Always read...
- KitchenAid KHMC1857WSS | Installation Guide - Page 2
... drywall or plaster/lath within cabinet opening. Support for weight of 150 lbs (68 kg), ... Mounting plate (attached to back of microwave oven) Cardboard template (part of packaging) Aluminum grease filters... may not be included. See User Instructions.)
For Roof Venting Installation Only: ■ If you are...
- KitchenAid KHMC1857WSS | Installation Guide - Page 3
... stud B. Grounded 3 prong outlet
*30" (76.2 cm) is typical for 66"... must be plugged into an outlet that is properly installed and grounded.
17¹⁄₄" (43.8 cm)... the grounding instructions are not completely understood, or if doubt exists as to whether the microwave oven...
- KitchenAid KHMC1857WSS | Installation Guide - Page 4
4. Lift blower motor out of microwave oven.
Remove Mounting Plate
... assembly in case the venting method is changed, or the microwave oven is reinstalled in another location where wall ... venting may be used.
Wall Venting Installation Only
1. Remove screws attaching damper...
- KitchenAid KHMC1857WSS | Installation Guide - Page 5
... oven. Lower blower motor back into microwave oven. A 6. Reattach blower motor to back of microwave oven with 2 screws removed in Step 3 of "Wall Venting Installation Only."... tabs are inserted into the slots in the top of the microwave oven.
A. Damper plate B. Screws C. Damper ...
- KitchenAid KHMC1857WSS | Installation Guide - Page 6
... exist within the cabinet opening, do not install the microwave oven. See illustrations in "Possible ...
These depictions show examples of preferred installation configurations with the mounting plate.
No Wall ... stud centerlines D. Holes for lag screws E. Support tabs F. Mounting plate center markers...
- KitchenAid KHMC1857WSS | Installation Guide - Page 7
Mark Rear Wall
The microwave oven must be installed on a minimum of 1 wall stud, preferably ...and clearly mark the vertical centerline of the opening.
5. With the support tabs facing forward (see illustrations ...17¹⁄₄" (43.8 cm) 14¹⁄₈" (35.9 cm)
Installation for No Wall Studs at End Holes...
- KitchenAid KHMC1857WSS | Installation Guide - Page 8
... the 3/4" (19 mm) hole drilled in Step 3 of "Installation for Wall Stud at One End Hole"... lines to use as guides. ■ If the wall behind the microwave oven (as installed) has a partial ... the "Rear Wall" arrows align to the thickest part of the rear wall (for example, the thickness of the tiles...
- KitchenAid KHMC1857WSS | Installation Guide - Page 9
...cabinet is metal, the supply cord bushing needs to be installed around the supply cord hole, as shown.... fully. 2. Position the damper assembly on the back of the microwave oven so that the damper blade hinge ... metal screws A. Mounting plate B. Support tabs
4. With front of microwave oven still tilted...
- KitchenAid KHMC1857WSS | Installation Guide - Page 10
Overtightening bolts may warp the top of the microwave oven. To avoid warping, wood filler... metal screw. NOTE: The screw cannot be installed if the damper assembly is not positioned... 3 prong outlet. See the User Instructions for troubleshooting information.
Installation is now complete. Save...
- KitchenAid KHMC1857WSS | Installation Guide - Page 11
.../contractor reference only. NOTES: ■ Vent materials needed for installation are not provided with microwave hood combination.
Rectangular to Round ... or ceilings, attics, crawl spaces or garages.
For optimal venting installation, we recommend:
using roof or wall caps that ...
- KitchenAid KHMC1857WSS | Installation Guide - Page 12
... center. When you call, you will need the microwave oven model number and serial... Instructions.
Filler Panel Kits are available from your dealer to use when installing this microwave... number listed in the User Instructions. Following is a list of available replacement parts. You will need...