Page 2 highlights
The Info Menu
Title/chapter (DVD)/track (audio CD )
To directly access a title, chapter (DVD) or a track (audio CD), press INFO, press OK. Select the Title(TT), Track(TRK) or Chapter(CH) icon and enter a number directly with the numeric buttons. Press OK
The Info Menu
Some discs have several audio tracks used for audio formats. To change the language or audio format during playback: 1. Press the INFO button twice. 2. Use the left/right arrow buttons to select the Audio icon, or press the AUDIO button on the remote control. 3. Choose a language or an audio format with the up/down arrow buttons. dialog languages or audio formats. When you change the dialog language using the Info menu, it only changes the dialog language of the disc being played. When language will revert to the one you selected in the Language Setup menu. 1. To change the camera angle, press the ANGLE button on the remote or press the INFO button twice and select the Camera angle icon with the left/right buttons. 2. Choose the angle with the up/down arrow buttons. If the disc was recorded using a single camera angle, this function is not available.
The Info Menu
Creating a Program List for Program Play Mode (Audio CDs and DVD discs)
create a program list. 1. To create a program list, press the INFO button twice for CD and three times for DVD. Highlight the Play Mode option and press the up arrow to select the Program option. 2. Press OK. The Program screen is displayed. the number buttons on the remote to enter a track number. As for DVD discs: T stands for Title while C stands for Chapter. As for Audio CDs: T stands for Track. 4. Use the arrow buttons to move to the next spot in the list. Enter the next track number. 5. Continue entering tracks until you have completed your list. 6. Highlight the Play option at the bottom of the screen and press OK or press PLAY to start playback. The program list will play in the order you programmed it. To stop program play, press STOP or select Standard from the Play Mode option in the INFO display. If you want to cancel the list, repeat steps 1 and 2 to select CLEAR and press OK.
The unit has a built-in tuner that allows for FM radio function. The AM loop antenna allows for AM radio function.
Tips: • When a strong FM stereo broadcast is tuned, ST is displayed. • When you manually tune into a weak FM station, press AUDIO on remote control to switch from Stereo to Mono mode. This will reduce the background noise. • If there is any interference, change the antenna's position until ideal sound reception is obtained. TV and other electronic devices could be the cause of interference, so try to position the antenna away from them. • "Automatic preset programming" antenna for better reception and a
AUDIO IN/ AUX IN
TV, VCR or Set Top Box can be connected to AUX input jacks at the back of the unit or AUDIO IN at the front panel so that sound from the auxiliary component comes into the unit and out through the speakers.
Camera angle (DVD)
1. Connect the FM antenna and the AM loop antenna at the back of the unit. Rotate the AM loop for better reception. 2. Press TUNER. 3. Tune a station by pressing TUNER+/repeatedly until the desired station is found. Alternatively, you can press and hold the same buttons down for about one second to activate the automatic search function. In this mode the unit will automatically tune frequencies until it station. 4. Repeat step 3 to tune to another radio station. 5. Press TUNER to toggle between FM and AM.
1. Press INFO twice for CD and three times for DVD. Select Sleep icon with the left/right arrow buttons. 2. Select one of the available options using the OK
Connecting auxiliary components
Refer to "Connecting to external audio sources " for details on connecting the auxiliary components to the unit.
Note: Many discs only have one title.
Selecting AUDIO IN/AUX IN mode
Press either SOURCE on the main unit or AUDIO/AUX on the remote control to select AUX IN or AUDIO IN mode
To access the Time Display, press INFO on the remote. Press the up/down buttons repeatedly to display: DVD: Chapter Time Elapsed, Chapter Time Remain, Title Time Elapsed and Title Time Remain. Audio CD: Track Time Elapsed, Track Time Remain, Disc Time Elapsed, Disc Time Remain. To directly access a location on the disc which does not correspond to the start of a title or chapter, press INFO once and press OK, highlight the Time Display icon using the arrow buttons, then enter a time with the number buttons (hh:mm:ss) and press OK. Note: Time display function may not be available on all discs.
Play mode (all discs except JPEG)
1. While the disc is playing, press the INFO button twice for CD and three times for DVD. 2. Select the Play Mode icon using the left/ right arrow buttons. 3. Use the up/down arrow buttons to select an option. • DVD play modes: standard, program, A-B repeat, title repeat, chapter repeat. Program play mode is only available if a program list has been created (see below). Repeat mode is only available with discs that display elapsed time and remaining time. To repeat a sequence between points A and B, choose the A-B repeat option, and then follow the instructions for entering the two points. • Audio CD play modes: standard, introscan, random, program, repeat A-B, repeat disc, repeat track. 4. To stop repeat playback, select the Play Mode icon and use the up/down arrow buttons to choose the Standard option.
Note: This function is not available in AUX/AUDIO IN/TUNER mode.
Sound output in AUX-IN mode (or AUDIO IN mode)
each track on a CD. 1. Press the INFO button twice, then select the Playmode icon with the left/right arrow buttons. 2. Press the up/down arrow buttons to select the INTRO option and press OK to start IntroScan. 3. Press STOP to stop Introscan, and press PLAY to resume normal playback.
Storing radio stations
The unit can store up to 30 radio stations in its memory. You can enter every single radio station yourself or the unit can store all available radio stations automatically in ascending order.
• You may change the surround setting by pressing SURROUND to select between 5.1CHANNEL and Stereo modes. • If the AUX IN (or AUDIO IN) audio signal is mono, you may not receive audio on all speakers.
Subtitles as follows: 1. While the disc is playing, press INFO twice, then select the Subtitles icon using the left/right arrow buttons. 2. Select a language using the up/down arrow buttons. or press SUBTITLE on the remote. When you change the language of the subtitles using the Info menu, it only applies to the disc currently being played. When you subtitles will default to the subtitle language you selected in the Languages menu. This function may not be available on all discs.
Automatic preset programming
1. Press TUNER to enter the Tuner mode. 2. Press and hold TUNER for two seconds to start automatic preset programming. 3. Radio frequencies will be browsed and radio stations stored automatically. When all the available radio stations are stored or all 30 memory locations are full, the auto preset programming function will stop.
4. Press the up arrow button to move to the they have a resolution of less than 2 megapixels. 1. Open the disc tray. 2. Place the disc with the printed side facing up and close the disc tray. The folders on the disc will be listed in numerical order on the left side of the screen. When you highlight a folder, then press OK button. The list of songs or pictures in the folder are listed in numerical order on the right side of the screen. 3. Select a folder using the up/down arrow buttons on the remote, then press the left arrow button to move to the picture icons at the bottom of the screen. Use the left/right arrow buttons to select picture mode. the up/down arrow buttons to select a 5. The unit starts the slide show with the
Bookmark (DVD and audio CD)
1. Press INFO twice for CD and three times for DVD. Select the Bookmark icon with the left/right buttons, and press OK. 2. Press OK to set the bookmark. The book mark is saved and is indicated by the bookmarks on a disc. 3. To start playback from a bookmark, press the PLAY button on the remote. 4. To delete a bookmark, highlight it and press CLEAR. Note: This function is only available with discs whose elapsed time or remaining time appears in the Info menu.
1. Tune to a radio station (see "Manual tuning" for details). 2. Press MEMORY. While the Program Preset preset number using the numeric buttons, then press MEMORY to store it.
in the same folder. You can set the amount of time a picture remains on the screen in the General Setup Menu.
Retrieving preset stations
1. Press TUNER to enter the Tuner mode. 2. Press CH +/- to search up or down for the preset stations or directly press the numeric buttons.
- 13 -
- 14 -
- 15 -
- 16 -
6. During the slide show you can use the left/right button to rotate the picture, the up arrow button to rotate the image vertically, the down arrow button to rotate the image horizontally. Use the ZOOM button to magnify the picture. Use the CH- button to go back to the previous picture or the CH+ button to go to the next one, and the STOP button to interrupt the slide show and display the disc's contents. 7. slide show stops and the disc's contents are displayed again. 8. Press STOP to end playback.
The Setup Menu
There are four options in the main setup menu: General Setup, Language Setup, Audio Setup and Video Setup. Press SETUP to bring up the main menu. Select one of the menu icons across the top of the screen using the left/right arrow buttons. The menu's options are displayed on the left side of the screen. Press the right arrow button to move to the option's choices on the right. Press SETUP if you want to exit setup.
The Setup Menu
This option allows you settings to the original changes you have made will be reverted back to to return the unit's factory settings. Any to the unit's settings the original settings
The Setup Menu
Subtitles Night Mode
Select the subtitle language using up/down arrow buttons and press OK. To change the language of the subtitles during playback, press INFO twice for DVD and use the left/right arrow buttons to highlight the Subtitle icon. Press the up/down arrow buttons or the SUBTITLE button on the remote to select a subtitle language. You can use this function to control the It improves the quality of the sound track at a low volume, and quiets the loudest sounds. You can choos Basic settings have been preset for the speakers included with your unit. However, to suit the acoustic conditions in your listening room and to make the sound you may need to delay the signal coming from some of the speakers. Channel delay compensates for center or surround speakers that are closer to the listening position than the front speakers. 1. Highlight a distance option using the up/ down arrow buttons. • Center Delay • Rear Delay 2. Press the right arrow button to move to the default distance. 3. Press the up/down arrow buttons to adjust the distance.
Additional Information Troubleshooting
The unit does not switch on. • Make sure it is plugged in. • Press the ON•OFF button on the remote control or the ON/STANDBY button on the front of the unit. •
• The remote control does not work or works only intermittently. • Check that batteries are inserted or change them. • Aim the remote control at the unit. The infrared beam must not be blocked or interrupted. • Check that the remote control is trying to operate with it. The subtitles do not appear. • Check that the DVD disc provides subtitles. • Refer to the section on how to display subtitles. The disc menu language is not the correct one. • The disc menu language has not been set up. • The language of your choice is not available on the disc . • This unit is for domestic use only and must not be used for industrial purposes. • Total or partial copying of recordings protected by copyright legislation, without the explicit permission of the holder of the rights, contravenes current legislation. sale or any other business purpose constitutes or could constitute a violation of copyright law. Cleaning • Use a soft, dry, clean cloth. Regularly dust the vents at the back or sides. • Using solvents, abrasive or alcohol-based products risks damaging the unit. • If an object or liquid enters inside the unit, unplug it immediately and have it checked by an authorized servicer or service center. Handling and caring for discs • Handle your discs with care. Hold the disc
Once Progressive Scan has been activated, an image will only be visible on a progressive scan TV or monitor. If you choose this option and you don't have a progressive scan TV or monitor, you may get a picture with incorrect color or no color
With this menu, you can set the language for unit menus, dialog, subtitles and the disc menus. If you chose "English" during initial set-up, any menus generated by the disc are in English, and so is the language of the dialogs (if this language is available on the disc).
To change the language of the disc menus, select the language using the up/down arrow buttons and press OK. The language you select will only be displayed if the disc is programmed with that language.
Video HDMI Setup TV Type
Notes: • The time taken for the contents of the disc to be displayed varies according to disc. If nothing is displayed after a few another disc. • Before inserting a disc, make sure it is compatible with the unit.
Progressive Function provides high quality pictures with less ckering. Turn on Progressive Scan if you used the Component Video jacks of the unit to connect a TV or monitor compatible with a progressive scan signal. Select P-Scan YPbPr and press OK to activate Progressive Scan. HDMI Setup This lets you select the resolution of the player's output according to the connected • Supported HD JPEG mode: 480p, 720p, 1080i and 1080p. TV Type Depending on the format of the DVD disc, you can choose the picture format (aspect ratio) best suited to the format of your TV screen: • 4:3 PS: reproduces a 4:3 picture without distortion • 4:3 LB: gives best reproduction of pictures recorded in this format (i.e. with horizontal bands at the top and bottom of the screen) or in 16:9. • 16:9 (widescreen): reproduces 16:9 format
Player Menu Audio Subtitles Disc Menu
Notes: • If the selected language is not available on a disc, the disc's language will be used instead. • If the language chosen is available, it is automatically selected when you display the subtitles or press SUBTITLE on the remote control. Otherwise, the subtitle language indicated on the disc is selected.
when it is in STOP mode for more than 30 minutes without any user intervention. Switch it on again. It might be impossible to read the disc. Insert the disc with the printed side facing up. Check that the disc can actually be played by this device . Check that the disc's regional code matches the unit's regional code. This unit's regional code is 1. Clean the disc.
1. Select the Language Setup icon in the main menu using the left/right arrow buttons. 2. Select one of the options using the up/ down arrow buttons. 3. Press the right arrow button to move to the language choices. 4. Use the up/down arrow buttons to highlight the language of your choice and press OK.
You can adapt your unit to other equipment and access spe Setup menu. 1. Select the Audio Setup icon in the main menu using the left/right arrow buttons. 2. Select an option using the up/down arrow buttons. Press the right arrow to move to the option's choices.
This function is used to test and adjust the volume level (gain) for each individual speaker channel. Use / to select the speaker channel you wish to test and adjust. You'll hear a test tone come from the speaker you select. Use the VOL button to adjust the level to your desired setting. Press OK button to exit this function.
There is no picture. • Check you have switched on the TV set. • Check the connections • Select the AV input assigned to the unit on the TV. • Replace the HDMI cable with a better one. Bad HDMI cable can cause data lost. • Press HDMI key on remote handset several
1. Select the Video icon in the main menu using the left/right arrow buttons. 2. Select a menu option using the up/down arrow buttons and press OK.
The picture is of poor quality (with snow or lines). • Check the connections There is no sound or the sound is of poor quality. • Check the connections • Make sure the speakers are connected. • Make sure the MUTE function is not on. No surround sound. • Setup menu (See Positioning speaker or Audio Setup).
Player Menu Audio
Select the language of player menus and press OK. Select the dialog language using up/down arrow buttons and press OK. To change the Audio language during playback, press INFO twice for DVD and use the left/right arrow buttons to highlight the Audio icon. Press the up/down arrow buttons or AUDIO on the remote control to select audio language. - 18 -
Video Setup Audio Setup
Night Mode Center Delay Rear Delay Test Tone
Brightness Contrast Saturation Slide Time
- 17 -
Slide Time The Slide Time option lets you select the amount of time a picture is displayed in a slide show. The choices are 5 seconds, 10 seconds, or 15 seconds.
- 19 -
the hole. • Insert the disc with the label facing up (for a single-sided disc). Precautions • Place the disc properly into the tray in the Use allotted holder. • If your unit has been stored in a cool place • Use a soft cloth to clean discs if necessary, for any length of time, during a journey always wiping from the centre to for example, wait for about 2 hours the edge. before using it. • Always put discs back in their cases after • The openings located on the top and use and store in a vertical position. bottom are for ventilation and must not • Do not close the tray with two discs in it be obstructed. or with a disc not sitting correctly in • During thunderstorms, we recommend the holder. that you isolate the unit from the • Do not play cracked, chipped or warped electrical supply so that it is not damaged discs nor try to repair them with adhesive by electrical or electromagnetic surges. tape or glue. • This unit is designed for continuous use. • Do not write on a disc. • Do not move the unit when a disc is does not disconnect it from the mains being played. supply. To completely isolate the • Do not scratch discs or store them in equipment, remove the plug from the places exposed to direct sunlight, high mains jack as some components remain humidity or high temperatures. connected to the electrical supply. • Do not use aerosol cleaners, benzene, • If you notice any burning or smoke, anti-static liquids or any other solvent for disconnect the unit immediately to avoid cleaning discs. When cleaning, wipe gently any risk of electrocution. with a soft damp (water only) cloth from • Do not attempt to look inside the unit the centre to the edge, avoiding circular through the disk tray opening or any motions, which could cause scratches and other opening. You may be electrocuted - 20 - interference during playback. or exposed to laser radiation.
Additional Information Compatible Formats
In order to ensure playback, discs must conform with DVD or CD standards. This unit may not play some recording formats, software used and disc types. DVD-Video Digital video discs - 12 cm, single or double sided, single or dual layer. DVDs are high density optical discs on which high quality picture and audio are recorded by means of digital signals. DVD-R,DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW Most DVD-R and DVD+R (one recording only), DVD-RW and DVD+RW discs (rewritable), depending on the DVD writer and discs used. Recordings using DVD-R and DVD-RW discs must be made in Video DVD mode. Recordings using DVD+RW discs must be made in accordance with the s ations for DVD+RW discs with a 4.7 GB capacity.
DV D+Re writable
However, depending on the condition of the CD-writer, computer and the disc used, you playing a CD-R disc, it is normal for the unit to take up to 60 seconds to recognize the disc before starting to play. If the disc is not recognized after a period of 120 seconds, remove the disc, and insert it again • Do not use its full capacity. • CD-Rs should be preferably used instead of CD-RWs (rewritable CDs) as, in certain cases, CD-RW playback may be faulty. • Use reliable, good-quality CD write software. • Close all other applications on the computer to ensure reliable CD-R disc recording.
Additional Information Sound Enhancement Systems
This receiver is equipped with several built-in sound enhancement systems.
AM Tuner Section:
Frequency Response: 2kHz +/-3dB, 400Hz ref. Usable Sensitivity: 3000uV/m @ S/N 20dB Signal to Noise: 38dB IF Rejection: 35dB FM Tuner Section: Frequency Response: 15kHz +/-3dB, 1kHz ref. Quieting: 24dB Signal to Noise: 62dB(stereo) / 65dB(mono) IF Rejection: 70dB Dimensions (H x W x D mm) : Unit: 66 x 430 x 240 Front Speakers: 110 x 81 x 90 Center Speaker: 82 x 185 x 92 Rear Speakers: 110 x 81 x 90 Subwoofer: 310 x 155 x 291
cannot be read by this unit. When composing your title, use 10 characters or or less, no spaces, and avoid the use of special characters including The tot less than 400. should be less than 650.
Manufactured under license from Dolby Laboratories. "Dolby", "Pro Logic", and the double-D symbol are trademarks of Dolby Laboratories.
RMS Output Power: Dolby Digital Mode with 10% Total Harmonic Distortion Rear Channels: 40 Watts/channel (1kH, 4Ω) Front and Center Channel: 40 Watts per channel (1kHz, 4Ω) Subwoofer Channel: 50 Watts (100Hz, 3Ω) Total RMS Output Power, Dolby Digital mode: 250 Watts Muting Attenuation: 70 dB Frequency Response: 200Hz - 20KHz/3dB, 1KHz ref. Subwoofer Frequency Response: 20Hz - 200Hz/-3dB, 100Hz ref. Signal to Noise Ratio: 70 dB (Dolby Digital)
1) You must retain the original sale receipt to provide proof of purchase. ctive only if the product is purchased and operated in the U.S.A. or 2) These warrantie Canada. 3) Warranties extend only to defects in material or workmanship, and do not extend to any product or parts which have been lost or discarded, or damage to product or parts caused by misuse, accident, improper operation or maintenance, or use in violation of instructions provided with the product, or to product which has been altered or without authorization of AVC, or to products or parts thereof which have had the serial number removed or changed.
Out of Warranty
In the event your product requires repair after the limited warranty period has expired, please contact our Customer Support Center at 1-800-506-5746, 1-877-252-6873 or Hours: Monday-Thursday: 9am-7pm, Friday: 9am-5pm, Saturday: 9am-NOON Eastern time. Important: You are responsible for any transportation, shipping or insurance relative to the return of product to our Product Returns Center. All warranties implied by state law, including the implied warranties of merchantability and for a particular purpose, are expressly limited to the duration of the limited warranties set forth above. With the exception of any warranties implied by state law as hereby limited, the foregoing warranty is exclusive and in lieu of all other warranties, guarantees, agreements and similar obligations of manufacturer or seller with respect to the repair or replacement of any parts. In no event shall AVC be liable for consequential or incidental damages. No person, agent, distributor, dealer or company is authorized to change, modify or extend the terms of these warranties in any manner whatsoever. The time within action must be commenced to enforce any obligation of AVC arising under the warranty or under any statute, or law of the United States or any state thereof, is hereby limited to one year from the date of purchase. This limitation does not apply to implied warranties arising under state law. This warranty gives you spe legal rights and you may also have other rights, which may vary, from state to state. Some states do not allow limitation on how long an implied warranty lasts, when an action may be brought, or the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above provisions may not apply to you. For more information on other products and services, please visit our web site at
Dolby Prologic The Pro Logic mode uses the built-in circuit to steer the Left, Center, Right and Mono Surround play both stereo and Dolby Pro Logic program source, such as TV and VCR. You can use this mode with any stereo program source (such as VCR/TV) to enjoy multi-channel sound experience. Dolby Digital The Dolby Digital mode lets you enjoy full digital surround from software processed in the Dolby Digital format. Dolby Digital provides better sound quality and a more powerful presence than conventional Dolby Surround. This unit is equipped with Dolby Digital 5.1-channel so that you can enjoy enhanced full digital surround sound. four channels (Front Left, Front Right, Centre and Rear ) are used, the new system provides stereo separation of the rear speakers (RearRight, Rear-Left ). Adding the to the 5 channels the subwoofer channel for bass sounds (counted as 0.1 channel) results in 5.1 channels (or 6 Channels) that bring you the most sophisticated Dolby Digital sound enjoyment.
Files without the ".jpg" extension will not be able shown as JPEG images on your computer.
Limited Warranty (U.S.)
AVC MULTIMEDIA("AVC") makes the following limited warranty. This limited warranty extend to the original consumer purchaser and is limited to non-commercial use of the product.
Audio CDs Audio CDs (12 cm). CD-R, CD-RW Most CD-R (one recording only) and CD-RW discs (rewritable). CD-Rs written during a multisession recording can be played, provided that the session has ended before the disc is played (depending on the write software).
One Year Parts & Labor Warranty
AVC products purchased in the United States are warranted to be free from defects in materials or workmanship for a period of one year from the date of their original retail purchase. If the unit fails to conform to this warranty, we will service the product using new or refurbished parts and products, at AVC 's sole discretion. ctive warranty date, AVC will provide, when needed, During a period of one year from the service labor to repair a manufacturing defect at its designated Service Center. To obtain warranty call our Customer Support Center at 1-800-506-5746 or service in the Untied States, you mu 1-877-252-6873, during the hours listed in the box on the right. The determination of service will be made by AVC Customer Support. PLEASE DO NOT RETURN YOUR UNIT TO AVC WITHOUT PRIOR AUTHORIZATION. New or remanufactured replacements for defective parts or products will be used for repairs by AVC at its designated Service Center for one year from the arranty date. Such replacement parts or products are warranted for an additional one year from the date of repair or replacement. The Customer will be required to ship the unit to the Service Center indicated at the time Customer Support is contacted to make the necessary repairs. The customer is responsible for all transportation charges to the service facility.
Packaging and Shipping Instruction
When you send the product to the AVC service facility you must use the original carton box and packing material or an equivalent as designated by AVC .
Important: Also keep your "Bill of Sale" as proof of purchase. Model no...Product name...Type of set ...Serial no...Invoice no...Date purchased ...Dealer name ...www.RCAav.com FOR SERVICE AND REPAIR, PLEASE VISIT Speci cations and external appearance are subject to change without notice.
- 21 -
- 22 -
- 23 -
- 24 -
printed in China 811-315W91W051