Ricoh 1160L manual table of contents:
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 1
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 2
Trademarks • Windows, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows NT, Windows 2000 and Windows XP are trademarks of Microsoft corporation. • Other names and trademarks mentioned in this manual are trademarks of their respective holders.
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 3
... Getting Started
Introduction Welcome 1.1 Contents 1.3 Identifying Parts 1.4 Setting Up Your Machine Choosing a... Installing the Toner Cartridge 1.16 Setting the Date and Time 1.18 Setting Your Fax ... Setting Volume 2.1 Setting Alert Tones 2.2 Setting User-Selectable System Options 2.2 Sending a...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 4
...Receiving in AUTO Mode Receiving Automatically in ANS/FAX Mode Receiving Manually in TEL Mode Receiving... Transmission Options Broadcasting Delayed Fax Priority Fax Polling Adding Documents To a Scheduled... a Dual Job Status Forwarding Received Faxes Printing Reports Group Dialling (for Multi...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 5
... Installing the Software 3.1 Uninstalling the Software 3.3 Print Media Selecting Print Media 3.5 Using the Automatic Paper Input Tray 3.7 Using the Manual Paper Input Tray 3.9 Specialty Paper Guidelines 3.12 Printing Printing a Document Cancelling a Print Job Printing Help Printing Several ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 6
... Checked by Phone --------- 4.3 Sending Toner Low Information to the Service Company 4.3 Cleaning the Machine 4.4 Managing the Toner Cartridge 4.7 Automatic Document Feeder Rubber Pad Replacement 4.10
Clearing Paper Jams 5.1 LCD Error ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 7
...any human access to laser radiation above a Class I level during normal operation, user maintenance, or prescribed service condition.
CAUTION: Use of controls ... than those specified in this manual might result in hazardous radiation exposure.
WARNING Never operate or service the printer...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 8
... tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide ... not make any changes or modifications to the equipment unless otherwise specified in the manual. If such changes or modifications should be made, you ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 9
... édictée par l'Industrie et Sciences Canada.
Declaration of Conformity
Notice to Users in EEA Countries
This product complies with the essential requirements and provisions of ...NRG/LANIER: The CE Decalration of Conformity is available on the Internet at URL: http://www.ricoh.co.jp/fax/ce_doc/
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 10
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 11
... topics: Introduction N Welcome! N Contents N Identifying Parts Setting Up Your Machine N Choosing ... N Preparing Your Machine for Use N Attaching the Supports N Connecting to the Phone Line N Connecting to the Computer... N Installing Toner Cartridge N Setting the Date and Time N Setting Your Fax Number...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 12
... the capabilities of a full range of office equipment. With this machine, you can:
Use this product as a full-featured stand-alone fax machine to send and receive faxes. Perform advanced tasks such as delayed transmission, broadcasting, and unattended memory sending....
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 13
Make up to 99 copies of a 20-pages document without having to connect to a PC. You can adjust the contrast, enlarge or reduce the copies and collate.
Scan (MFP model only)
Scan important documents to create electronic files. Use the scanner to add photo or graphic images to other ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 14
Here's what comes with this machine.
Document output support
Document input ... sheet (for Europe only)
CD-ROM User's Guide
software CD-ROM (... line cord which is supplied with the machine. If you are replacing it with the other vendor's part, it should be ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 15
...machine, make sure you identify the following parts related to the scanner and paper print paths.
Identifying Scanner Path Parts
Items to be faxed, copied, or scanned use the scanner ...consists of the following parts:
Document input support
Supports original documents.
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 16
Paper for printing, receiving faxes and copying follow the printer path. This path consists of the following parts: Paper input support
Support the print media
Automatic paper input tray
Manual paper input tray
(For MFP model only...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 17
... the following keys and features on the front panel. These features are used to fax documents, make copies, and adjust settings.
Use to set up ... 18 19 20
Twenty One-Touch Buttons
Store frequently dialled fax numbers.
Use to switch the display ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 18
...resolution of documents.
Rcv. Mode/ Contrast
Allows you to forward the received faxes to the defined remote fax machine at a specified duration.
5 8 0
Use to enter fax numbers manually or to enter letters.
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 19
Identifying Connecting Parts and Others
Power cord connector Telephone line jack
Extension telephone jack Parallel cable connector
(MFP model only)
Cover release buttons (right and left)
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 20
Setting Up Your Machine
Choosing a Location
For the trouble-free operation of your machine, place it on a flat, stable surface near your workstation. Leave enough space to allow for easy paper loading and exiting, as well as opening the front cover. Do not place your machine: • In direct sunlight....
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 21
Insert the document input support with the groove pointing to the rear top of the machine.
Fold ... the extender if necessary.
Document Output Support
Insert the two tabs on the document output support into the slots on the front of your machine.
Extender Fold out the extender if ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 22
... which wall jack you will be using, check a box below and follow the instructions. I only have one phone line coming to this wall jack. (This includes two phone numbers on one line with distinctive ring service.) Go to "To Connect to a Wall Jack that Has Only One Phone Line" on this ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 23
... jack. 4. Plug the cord into the side of the phone unit splitter for the fax number. Notes: • If you are connecting other devices such as a ...with a Windows PC.
Connecting to the Computer Using the Parallel interface
1. Plug the supplied parallel printer cable into the connector on the back of your...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 24
... 'NO PAPER.' then if there is no cartridge installed, the display will show 'JAM/NO CARTRIDGE'.
.... Note: For stand-alone copy and fax operations, this machine supports A4, letter, and legal ... information on setting the paper size, see 'Setting User-Selectable System Options' on page 2.2. 1. Pull the ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 25
... the paper with the print side facing you.
Place the print side facing you.
4. Adjust the paper guides to the width of the print media. Slide the guides until they lightly touch the stack of print media. Do not bend the print material.
1.14 Getting Started
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 26
... print side facing down. • If you are using letterhead or bond paper, load the paper with the preferred side facing up. The following papers can be used in your machine for fax: • Letter : 216 x 279 mm (8.5 x 11.0 in.) - 60 g/m2 ~ 90 g/m2 (16 ~ 24 lb) • A4 : 210 x 297 mm (8.3 x 11.7 in.) - 60 ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 27
Installing the Toner Cartridge
1. Pulling the cover release buttons found on both sides of the machine toward you, open the cover.
2. Unpack the cartridge from its plastic bag, and then remove the paper rolled the cartridge.
3. Shake the ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 28
4. Find the cartridge slots inside the machine, one on each side.
5. Grasp the handle at the front of the cartridge and slide it down between the cartridge slots, and push it firmly.
6. Close the cover. Make sure that the cover is securely closed.
Getting Started 1.17
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 29
...(Standby mode). The date and time are printed on all transmitted faxes. When you install this series for the first time, or when the ...
SET DATE & TIME
1. Press User Tools on the front panel. the display shows the first setup menu; FAX NUMBER/NAME. 2. Press ➛ or ❿ until 'TIME/DATE SETUP' appears,...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 30
... and Name
Your fax number and name can be printed at the top of each page transmitted. 1. Press User Tools on the front panel. The display shows the first setup menu; FAX NUMBER/NAME. 2. Press Start/Enter to access the Fax Number/Name menu. The ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 31
This chapter explains how to send and receive faxes from the front panel of this machine. This chapter also ... Option features and change the settings on the fax system. This chapter provides information on the following ... Up Stand-alone Fax System N Sending a Fax N Receiving a Fax N Making a Copy ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 32
Setting up Standalone Fax System
You can adjust the volume of the ringer to your desired volume. 1. Press ... desired loudness. The display shows the current volume level.
3. After choosing the desired volume level, press On Hook Dial.
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 33
... Tools on front panel. The display shows the first setup menu; FAX NUMBER/NAME. 2. Press ➛ or ❿ until 'VOLUME SETUP' appears, then ....
Setting an Option
1. Press User Tools on the front panel. The display shows the first menu; FAX NUMBER/NAME. 2. Press ➛ or ❿ until 'SYSTEM SETUP' appears. The...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 34
...you have already changed.
These instructions assume you have followed the steps on ... confirmation report automatically each time you send a fax. Select OFF to turn off.
... Save mode on, your machine will determine the reduction rate according to this setting.
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 35
... to be divided into two pages with only a few lines on the second page. If the fax machine cannot reduce the data to fit onto one page with this feature enabled, ... an incoming call. If you are using your machine as both a telephone and a fax machine, we suggest you set the ring count to at least 4 to...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 36
...Select ON to enable. Select OFF to disable. • JUNK FAX BARRIER - With this feature set to ON, the system will only.... This feature is useful for blocking any unwanted fax. Select ON to turn this feature on. You can... in this machine. If you have a problem receiving faxes, turn this feature off.
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 37
...MODE - "Distinctive Ring" is a telephone company service which enables a user to use a single telephone ...Ring Pattern Detection option, Distinctive Ring service must be installed on your telephone line... location, or someone available to dial your FAX number from outside. Select ON to turn this feature...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 38
Sending a Fax
Preparing Documents for Faxing or Copying
To fax or copy documents that are printed on standard letter or A4 size paper, follow these guidelines. ... for Automatic Document Feeder. It allows you to stack original documents, which will be faxed or copied one by one.
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 39
.... Blue lines on a ruled pad do not fax well. To send normal documents, there is ...the document will be lighter on the printed page. PHOTO is used when faxing photographs or other documents containing color or... gray. When you choose this mode, you should set the resolution to FINE.
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 40
...going into the document feeder.
2. Adjust the document guides for the width of the document.
3. Slide the sheet down ...document feeder until it is in the feed area.
You can insert up to 20 ...they feed smoothly. To add pages while the fax is being sent, place them on top of the already...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 41
... loading a document, enter the number of the remote fax using the keypad. One-touch or speed ... during transmission. The machine continues to send the fax and the display shows a message warning ... is completed. For more information, see `Setting User-Selectable System Options' on page 2.2.
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 42
... on the display, press Start/Enter to dial.
Sending a Fax After Talking
You can send a fax ... a Voice Request
When the phone rings after receiving a fax, pick up the external handset and press Stop. ... made the Voice Request, as well as the time and date that the request was made.
Stand-alone Fax 2.11
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 43
Your machine has four reception modes: • In FAX mode, the machine answers an incoming call and... machine (see page A.1). • In TEL mode, the automatic fax reception is turned off. If you pick... feature. "Distinctive Ring" is a telephone company service which enables a user to use a single telephone ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 44
... by selecting FAX mode.
Loading Paper for Receiving Faxes
The instructions for loading paper in the paper input tray are the same ... number of rings and receives a fax automatically. To change the number of rings. See 'Setting User-Selectable System Options' on page 2.2. To adjust the ringer volume, ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 45
... front panel repeatedly until the display shows 'ANS/FAX.' 2. When you receive a call, the answering machine will ... go into FAX mode after 6 rings. • If your answering machine has a 'user-... within 1 ring. • If you are in TEL mode (manual reception) when the answering machine is connected to your ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 46
.... The machine begins receiving and returns to Standby mode when the reception is complete.
Receiving Manually Using Remote Receive Start Code
You can receive a fax from someone you are talking to on the extension telephone without having to go to the fax ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 47
... 2 copies, the machine prints page 3, page 2, page 1, page 3, page 2, page 1.
Making a Single Copy
To make a single copy without setting options, take the following steps:
1. Load a document with the print side facing down. 2. Press Copy twice. Your machine starts copying.
2.16 Stand-alone Fax
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 48
... 2 copies of a 3-page document
3 1 1 2 2 3 3 1 2 1 2
6. When the desired setting is selected, press Start/Enter or Copy to begin the copying.
Note: Pressing Copy at any time begins the copy operation immediately without displaying the remaining options.
Stand-alone Fax 2.17
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 49
... 0 key. See `Keypad Character Assignments' on the next page. 1. Locate the button labelled with the letter you want - then press the button repeatedly until the correct letter appears in the display.
2.18 Stand-alone Fax
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 50
... CHARACTER ASSIGNMENTS
Key 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 Assigned numbers, letters, or characters Space ➝ 1 A ➝ B ➝ C ➝ 2 D ➝ E ➝ F ➝ 3 G ➝ H ➝ I ➝ 4 J ➝ K ➝ L ➝ 5 M ➝ N ➝O ➝ 6 P ➝ Q ➝ R ➝ S ➝ 7 T ➝ U ➝ V ➝ 8 W➝ X ➝ Y ➝ Z ➝ 9
Stand-alone Fax 2.19
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 51
.... 2. Enter the number you want to store by using the number keypad, then press Start/Enter. To insert a pause between numbers, press Pause/Redial; a 'P' appears on the display. If you make a mistake while entering a number, press Search/Delete and re-enter the correct number.
2.20 Stand-alone Fax
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 52
...the number. 3. When you have finished editing, press Start/Enter.
Sending a Fax Using a One-Touch Number
1. Load the document face down with the top... you stored a number. The number will be automatically dialled and the document transmitted when the remote fax machine answers.
Stand-alone Fax 2.21
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 53
..., then press Start/Enter.
where xx represents the speed location you have selected at step 2.
4. To assign a name to the number, enter the desired name. For information on how to enter names, see page 2.19. If you do not want to assign a name, skip this step.
2.22 Stand-alone Fax
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 54
... number. 4. When you have finished editing, press Start/Enter.
Sending a Fax Using a Speed Number
1. Load the document face down with the top edge ... to dial the number. The number will be automatically dialled and the document transmitted when the remote fax machine answers.
Stand-alone Fax 2.23
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 55
... Start/Enter to dial. If a document is loaded, the document begins to be transmitted when the remote fax machine answers the phone.
Searching with a Particular First Letter
1. Press Search/Delete, ... list. 3. When the name and number you want appear, press Start/Enter to dial.
2.24 Stand-alone Fax
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 56
... to confirm the number. The display asks you to enter another fax number. 6. If you want to send to more than one ... 5. Note: You cannot use Group dial numbers for another fax number. Or, To send to one location or when you complete the last fax number setting, press Start/Enter.
Stand-alone Fax 2.25
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 57
...transmission, your machine prints the multi-communication report.
This machine can be set to send a ...the first menu; BROADCASTING. 3. Press ➛ or ❿ until 'DELAYED FAX' appears, and press Start/Enter to ...display asks if you want to enter another fax number.
ENTER ANOTHER NO
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 58
...: You cannot use Group dial numbers for another fax number. Or, To send to one location or when you complete the last fax number setting, press Start/Enter.
7. The display asks you to enter ...the current time and asks you to enter the time when the fax is to be sent.
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 59
When the priority fax is enabled, a high priority document can be transmitted ahead of ... the first menu; BROADCASTING. 3. Press ➛ or ❿ until 'PRIORITY FAX' appears, then press Start/Enter to access the Priority Fax menu. 4. Enter the number of the remote machine using the ten number ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 60
What is Polling?
Polling is used when one fax machine requests another to send a document. ... original.
You can program the fax machine to send documents in your absence when polled by a remote fax machine. A polling code is used to prevent unauthorized polling of your ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 61
... Transmission is set. The machine automatically switches to FAX mode (automatic receiving) when set to be polled.... to automatically receive documents from an unattended remote fax machine. This feature permits unattended polling ... Stop at any time. • Not all fax machines have polling capability, and...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 62
...currently reserved in the memory. 3. Press ➛ or ❿ repeatedly until you find the operation you want to cancel, then press Start/Enter. The display asks you to confirm your selection. 4. Press Start/Enter to cancel the selected operation. The operation is deleted from memory.
Stand-alone Fax 2.31
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 63
... functions simultaneously. For example, you can; • Receive a fax into the memory while making a copy. ...document for later transmission while printing an incoming fax. When the machine performs dual tasks, press ...start time and end time of a period when the Fax Forward feature operates. 1. Press and ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 64
... be automatically forwarded to a registered station. • If the LED is off, Fax Forwarding deactivates. Notes: • If an error occurs during forwarding... can be used as a quick reference guide. Sent Journal Shows information concerning fax transmission activities recently made. Received Journal Shows ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 65
...and Group dial numbers. Sending Confirmation Shows the fax number, the number of pages, elapsed time of ... all (OFF). You can print this report manually. Schedule Information Shows the document currently stored... etc. System Data List Shows the status of the user-selectable options. After you change any...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 66
... group numbers desired.
Storing One-Touch or Speed Dial Numbers for Group Dialing
1. Press User Tools on the front panel. The display shows the first menu; FAX NUMBER/NAME. 2. Press ➛ or ❿ until 'GROUP DIAL SETUP' appears, and press Start/Enter....
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 67
...include in the group. 6. Press a one-touch button where the fax number you wish to include in the group .... Or, Enter a 2-digit speed dial location where the fax number you wish to include in the group ....
7. Press Start/Enter. The display shows the fax number which was stored in the selected location....
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 68
...touch or speed dial numbers stored for group dialling. 1. Press User Tools on the control panel. The display shows the first menu; FAX NAME/NUMBER. 2. ... transmission - p.2.26). When the display requests you to enter the remote fax number, press the one-touch button where you stored...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 69
You MUST install the Printer Driver Type 1100 and the Twain Scanner Driver Type 1100 to use your machine as a printer and scanner. Read this chapter to learn ... N Using the Automatic Paper Input Tray N Using the Manual Paper Input Tray N Specialty Paper Guidelines
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 70
.../Windows 98/Windows 98 SE/Windows Me/Windows NT 4 Workstation or Server with Service Pack 3/Windows 2000 • Disk space: 120 MB for installation ...
Note: For Windows 95/98 users, close "New Hardware Found" screen when the computer boots up. 1. Insert the supplied CD-ROM into your CD-ROM drive. The CD-...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 71
4. When the installation is completed, The message box recommends you restart your computer. Click Finish, then Windows restarts. If your computer does not shut down and restart automatically, you must shut it down manually and restart for the changes to saved.
Printing and Scanning
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 72
... after the software is uninstalled.
Un-installing the MFP Driver
1. Start Windows if not already started.... you want to uninstall, then select Printer Driver Uninstall.
3. When your computer confirms your selection, click Yes. The printer driver and all its components are removed from your computer....
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 73
Using the CD-ROM
You can un-install both the MFP driver and the software with the CDROM you have used to install the software.
1.... want to use. 3. Click Uninstall the software on your PC.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete un-installation. You must shut down and restart your computer...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 74
... paper types and with quality 25% cotton bond paper. Because your printer uses toner to produce an image, paper that accepts toner produces the best results. Be sure to test a variety of paper types before buying large quantities.
Printing and Scanning
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 75
...printers can jam the printer and repel toner. • Multi-part forms, such as duplicate or triplicate forms ...20 Ib (75 g/m2) paper. The single-sheet manual input tray is designed to hold one sheet.... into the paper input tray or single-sheet manual input tray. To print horizontally (landscape orientation...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 76
...paper (see page 3.13).
Note: If you experience feeding problems, try printing one at a time from the manual input tray. See page 3.9. 1. Pull the paper input support completely out of the unit.
2. Prepare the print material for loading. • For paper: ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 77
... only as much paper as will fit beneath the lip protruding from the paper-length adjuster. Neatly stacking the paper before loading will help prevent print problems. Do not mix types. See the following directions to load each type of print material. • Load paper with the print side facing up.
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 78
... tray of the printer with the print side up.
Using the Manual Paper Input Tray
To load a single envelope,... must feed one piece of media at a time. Manual feeding is helpful when printing on heavy paper or ... paper jam with the automatic paper input tray.
Manual paper input tray
Printing and Scanning...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 79
Notes: • Make sure that you select the Manual for Paper Source and the correct paper size and type from your software.... 1. Place the print media in the manual input tray with print side facing up and adjust the paper guides to the width of the print media. • Load a sheet of the envelope with the ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 80
2. In your computer, start printing of the document. the display on the front panel displays 'PC PRINTING...' and 'PRESS START.' 3. Press Start/Enter to start manual feeding. If you have more than one page to print, press Start/Enter for each page.
Printing and Scanning 3.11
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 81
Specialty Paper Guidelines
• Read all instructions that come with special paper for important information ... curl slightly due to the large amount of toner. To print dense graphics, try printing... that is thicker than the specifications as it may damage the toner cartridge.
3.12 Printing and Scanning...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 82
Printing a Document
The following procedure describes the steps required for printing from various Windows applications. The exact steps for printing a document may vary depending on the application program. Refer to your software application's documentation for the exact printing ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 83
... Paper Source: Make sure the Paper Source is set to Auto Select . If you use the manual input slot on the back of the printer (see page 4.5), select Manual .
• Paper Size: Select the paper size you have loaded in your printer.
• Paper Type: The Paper ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 84
...may increase the time it takes to print a document.
The Toner Save Mode option allows the printer to use less toner on each page. • Printer Setting : this feature is determined by the setting you... of the printer. • Standard : does not save toner to print a document. • Save : allows the printer...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 85
..., and any remaining settings with the printer driver. • The settings you change here remain... to open the Printers window.
3. Select the Printer Drivers Type1100. 4. Click the right mouse button... panel of your printer.
CAUTION: If a fax job is currently being transmitted or received, this procedure...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 86
... from the Help button in the printer properties dialogue box. These help screens give detailed information about the printer features provided by this printer driver. From the upper right hand corner, click ? then click on a setting for more information. To restore default printer properties setting...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 87
Printing Several Pages Per Sheet
Your printer is equipped with an option that prints several pages on one sheet of paper by reducing the size of each page and organizing them in rows and columns. 1. Load letter or A4 paper into the paper input tray.
2. To change the print settings from ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 88
Scaling Your Document
This printer feature allows you to scale your print job on a page. 1. When you change the print settings from your software application, access the printer properties. See page 3.13 to access the printer properties.
2. Click the Output tab, and select Scale Printing in the ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 89
Fitting Your Document To a Selected Paper Size
This printer feature allows you to scale your print job to any selected paper size regardless of the digital document size. This can be useful when you want to check fine details on a small document.
1. When you change the print settings from your ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 90
This feature allows you to print a single-page document onto up to 16 sheets of paper which can be pasted together to form one poster-size document. 1. To change the print settings from your software application, access the printer properties. See page 3.13 to access the printer ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 91
4. You may specify an overlap in millimeter or inch to make it easier to reconstruct the resulting poster.
¤ ¤ Overlap=0
¤ ¤ Overlap=5mm
5. Click OK, then start printing.
The Watermark option allows you to print text over an existing document. For example,...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 92
To create or edit a watermark
1. When you change the print settings from your software application, access the printer properties. See page 3.13 to access the printer properties. 2. Click the Watermark tab, and enter the desired text message in the Text field. This will be displayed in the preview...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 93
4. If you have created a new or edited an existing watermark, the Add and Update button is enabled. To add a new watermark to the list, click Add. 5. If you want to edit, select the desired watermark from the list, edit, then click Update. 6. When you complete the edit, click OK, then start ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 94
Creating a New Page Overlay
To use a page overlay, you must create a new page overlay containing your logo or image. 1. Create or open a document containing a text or image you want to use for page overlay. Position the items exactly as you wish them to appear when printed as an overlay. If needed...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 95
5. Click OK. You will see the name in the Overlay List box. 6. Click OK or Yes until you complete the creation. The file is not printed out. Instead it will be stored on your computer HDD disk. Note: The overlay document size must be the same as documents you will print with the overlay.
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 96
After you select the file, click OK. The file is now shown in the Overlay List box and is available for printing. Select the overlay from the Overlay List box.
5. If necessary, click the Query Page Overlay check box. If this box is checked, a message box will appear each time you submit a document...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 97
... "host computer") on the network. The printer can then be shared by other users on the network through a Windows 9x, Me, NT 4.0, 2000 or XP network printer connection.
Note: You need to install the Printer Drivers Type1100 printer driver on each computer that will print documents to the printer.
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 98
6. Double-click your printer icon. 7. From the Printers menu, select Properties. 8. Press the Details tab, select the printer port, then click OK.
Printing a Document
Print your document following the procedures described in page 3.13.
Printing and Scanning 3.29
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 99
... differs somewhat depending on the application you are using. For full details on scanning, refer to the manual for the application. 1. Set the document to be scanned. For details, refer to "Sending a FAX" on page 2.7. 2. Access the Type1100 TWAIN Options ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 100
Type1100 TWAIN for Scan Window
Brief desciptions for the controls of Type1100 TWAIN for Scan window are provided below.
Setting Tabs: Each tab ( Basic , Image quality , Filters, and the About tab) contains settings to adjust the scan image.
Use help for further details.
Printing and Scanning 3.31
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 101
...for high-quality and economical operating and information for maintaining the toner cartridge and the machine. The topics included in this chapter ...Phone N Sending Toner Low Information to the Service Company N Cleaning the Machine N Managing the Toner Cartridge N Automatic Document Feeder Rubber Pad...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 102
You can selectively clear information stored in your machine's memory. 1. Press User Tools on the control panel. The display shows the first menu; FAX NUMBER/NAME. 2. Press ➛ or ❿ until 'MEMORY CLEAR' appears, then press Start/...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 103
...input tray. 2. Press User Tools on the control panel. The display shows the first setup menu; FAX NUMBER... pulls in a sheet of paper, and prints it out. The toner particles on the OPC drum surface are fixed to... feeder. 2. Press User Tools on the front panel. The display shows the first setup menu; FAX ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 104
... company at a remote place by phone. 1. Press User Tools on the control panel. The display shows ... to ON, when the toner cartridge needs to be replaced, your machine automatically sends a fax to your service... your dealer for more information. 1. Press User Tools on the control panel. The display shows...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 105
... no to touch the transfer roller (located underneath the toner cartridge). The oil from your hands on the roller can cause print quality problems.
Cleaning the Outside
Wipe the outside surfaces ...Cleaning the Inside
During the printing process, paper, toner, and dust particles can accumulate ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 106
Cleaning the Document Scanner
To keep your machine working properly, occasionally clean the white roller, ADF rubber, and the scanning glass.
Note: Do not turn the power off to clean the scanner, as documents stored in the memory will be lost. 1. Lift the front panel by grabbing the panel along ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 107
4. Clean the ADF rubber piece.
5. Carefully wipe the scanning glass with a soft, dry cloth. If the glass is very dirty, first wipe it with a slightly dampened cloth, then with a dry cloth. Be very careful not to scratch the glass surface.
6. Replace the roller in reverse order, and then close the...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 108
.... You can temporarily re-establish the print quality by re-distributing the remaining toner .... This is typically successful one time only. When the toner eventually runs out, only blank ... when a print job is sent, or when a fax is received. At this stage, the toner cartridge needs to be replaced. See ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 109
Take the following steps to replace the toner cartridge: 1. Pulling the cover release buttons toward you, open the cover.
2. Remove the old toner cartridge. Follow the instructions printed on the cartridge box to recycle the used cartridge.
3. Unpack a new...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 110
...Shake the cartridge from side to side 5 or 6 times to distribute the toner evenly inside the cartridge.
5. Find the cartridge slots inside the machine, one on each side. Grasp the handle and slide the cartridge down between the cartridge slots until it drops into place.
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 111
Automatic Document Feeder Rubber Pad Replacement
You can purchase the ADF rubber from an authorized service center 1. Open the Control Panel Cover. 2. Insert a small flat blade screwdriver under the right and left sides of the ADF Holder.
3. Apply upward pressure to release ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 112
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 113
This chapter gives helpful information for what to do if you encounter a operating error. It provides information on the following topics: N Clearing Paper Jams N LCD Error Messages N Fax Problems N General Printing Problems (MFP model only) N Print Quality Problems
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 114
Clearing Paper Jams
Document Jams While Sending a Fax
If a document jams while you are sending it, 'DOCUMENT JAM' appears on the display...grabbing the panel along the top edge.
2. Carefully remove the jammed document.
3. Close the front panel firmly until it clicks into place.
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 115
... IN THE PAPER OUTPUT AREA If the paper jams as it exits to the paper output tray and a long portion of the paper is visible, pull the paper straight out.
If there is any resistance, and the paper does not move immediately when you pull, stop pulling. Continue with the next step.
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 116
...1. Pulling the cover release buttons toward you, open the cover.
2. Remove the toner cartridge.
3. Remove the jammed paper by carefully pulling it out of the machine.
4. Check that there is no other paper inside the machine. 5. Replace the toner cartridge and close the cover.
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 117
...load paper properly. Make sure that the adjustable guides are positioned correctly. • Do not overload ..., try feeding one sheet at a time in the manual input tray. • Do not load ...up when loading it in the paper input tray. • Keep print media stored in a suitable environment.
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 118
Recording paper has jammed inside the unit, or the toner cartridge is not installed. Your unit ... sure the remote machine is operational. Dial the number manually with the keypad, or assign a number.
NO... you tried to use has no number assigned to it.
NO. NOT ASSIGNED
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 119
... The recording paper has run out. The printer part in your unit has overheated. Recording paper has... previously busy station. Your fax has not gone through successfully. The toner cartridge has run out...TONER EMPTY
The printer is warming up and is off-line.
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 120
Symptom The machine is not working, there is no display and the buttons are not working.... 'MEMORY FULL.' Your machine cannot receive faxes manually. Your machine will not send anything. ...the memory do not dial correctly.
The document does not feed into the machine.
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 121
Cause and Solution • The fax machine you are polling may be using ... by making a copy. • The toner cartridge may be empty.
Are some of the words on the incoming fax stretched?... of each page or on other pages, with only a small strip of text printed at the top.
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 122
... occurred. Remove the jammed paper. See page 5.1. • The toner cartridge is not installed properly. Remove ... or labels, insert them one at a time in the manual paper input tray.) • The paper setting ... 1 mm (1/32") between the left and right edge of the envelopes at the paper guide.
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 123
... printer cable might not be connected properly. Check the printer cable connection. • There may be a problem with the printer driver software. Exit Windows and reboot the ... the current job is completed, try again.
There may be a copying or printing job in progress....
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 124
... If a vertical white streak or faded area appears on the page: • The toner supply is low. You may be able to temporarily extend the toner cartridge life. See "...has probably been scratched. Install a new toner cartridge.
AaBbCc AaBbCc AaBbCc AaBbCc AaBbCc
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 125
... a lighter basis weight. See "Paper Type and Size" for faxing on page 1.15 and "Selecting Print Media" for PC ... type and quality. See "Paper Type and Size" for faxing on page 1.15 and "Selecting Print Media" for PC printing on page 3.5. • Try installing a new toner cartridge.
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 126
... you still have the same problems, install a new toner cartridge. • Parts in the machine may have ... pages. • The fusing assembly may be damaged. Contact a service representative. Background scatter results from bits of... paper. See "Paper Type and Size" for faxing on page 1.15 and "Selecting Print ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 127
... See "Paper Type and AaBbCc AaBbCc Size" for faxing on page 1.15 and "Selecting Print Media" ...curl. See "Paper Type and AaBbCc Size" for faxing on page 1.15 and "Selecting Print Media" ... a new toner cartridge. • The printer may require repairs. Contact a service representative.
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 128
... representative. Character voids are white areas within the parts of characters that should be solid black: • If you are... a new toner cartridge. • If the problem persists, the printer may require repairs. Contact a service representative.
AaBbCc AaBbCc AaBbCc AaBbCc AaBbCc
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 129
N Connecting Other Devices to the Phone Line N Specifications General Printer Copy Scanner Fax N Safety Information
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 130
You connected this machine to a wall jack with a phone line for fax calls only (a dedicated fax line...this phone line if you want to use the fax line to access the Internet or e-mail. • You can ...the other wall jack.
Note: Because this is a dedicated fax line, you should never have an ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 131
...You connected this machine to a wall jack with a phone line for fax and voice calls (a shared line).
...that side of the phone unit splitter is a phone line for fax calls only (a dedicated line). See "... two phone numbers and distinctive ring service.
Use the same guidelines in "Situation 2" above for ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 132
Connect other device in the order indicated. Note: • This product the device connected to the wall jack. If it isn't, it cannot answer incoming fax calls. • As the drawing indicates, always plug the LINE jack into one device and the EXT. jack into another device. • Some computers have a ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 133
Size (W x D x H) mm Weight (with accessories) Power Supply Average Power Consumption
Specification and Description
... Capacity Speed Resolution Effective Printing Width Manual Feed O/S
Specification and Description
1120L/F101/LF110: 200 x 200 dpi, 1160L/F102/LF115m: 300 x 300 dpi
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 134
...x 300 dpi 1120L/F101/LF110: 9 sec/page, 1160L/F102/LF115m: 6 sec/page
Feeding Method ADF... Max 20 sheets Normal, Darken, Lighten, Photo
Modem Speed Compatibility Resolution
(Selectable ...: 64 grayscales Yes 2 MB 30 Min. TEL, FAX, AUTO, ANS/FAX
Compression ECM Support Halftone TAD Interface ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 135
... appliances. 3. Follow all warnings and instructions marked on the product and in the literature accompanying ..., contact your sales or service representative for assistance. 5. Unplug the fax machine from the AC wall ... fall, causing serious damage. 7. Your fax machine should never be placed on, near, ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 136
...and refer servicing to qualified service personnel under the following conditions: • When any part of the power .... 17. SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
In Case of Interference
In the event your fax machine appears .... If the interference disappears when you turn the FAX machine off, the following steps can ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 137
.../TV technician, or an Amateur Radio Operator for help.
The Telephone Consumer Protection Act of... See pages 1.18 to 1.19 for instructions on how to enter this information into your FAX machine's memory. ... not inconsistent with the rules and regulations in FCC Part 68. If such changes can ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 138
...equipment on the same telephone line may result in problems making and receiving telephone calls... Regulations Subpart E of Part 68. You should also know that: • Your FAX machine... the emergency service dispatcher of your intentions. The dispatcher will give you further instructions on how to actually...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 139
USA FCC Requirements
1. This equipment complies with Part 68 of the FCC rules. On the cover of this equipment ... or premises wiring using a compatible modular jack that is Part 68 compliant. See the Operating ... section in this manual. 7. If you cannot correct the problem, please contact the RICOH CORP....
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 140
... with the above conditions may not prevent degradation of service in some situations. Repairs to certified equipment should be ... by a representative designated by the supplier. Any repairs or alterations made by the user to this equipment, or equipment malfunctions, may give the telecommunications ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 141
Replacing the fitted plug (for UK Only)
The mains lead for this machine is fitted with a standard (BS 1363) 13 amp plug and has a 13 amp fuse. When you change or examine the fuse, you must re-fit the correct 13 amp fuse. You then need to replace the fuse cover. If you have lost the fuse ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 142
... 2.9 document resolution, setting 2.8 document scanner, cleaning 4.5 driver, access 3.13
entering, name error messages 2.18 5.5... 5.7 fitting document to selected paper forwarding received faxes 2.32 front panel, features 1.6 3.21
group dialing 2.35
install toner cartridge 1.16
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 143
... 3.15 print resolution 3.15 printer driver see driver printing problem, solving 5.9 printing cancel 3.16 ... pages per sheet 3.18 quality problems, solving 5.11 reports 2.33
manual input tray loading paper ..., print
network, setting 3.28 notifying toner low 4.3 number and name, setting 1.19
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 144
... system options, 2.2
tape, removing 1.9 toner cartridge installing 1.16 replacing 4.8 toner save mode 3.15 troubleshooting see problem, solving
4.7 uninstall, MFP driver 3.3 using CD-ROM 3.4 user-selectable options
scaling document 3.19 searching, memory...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 145