Ricoh 1160L manual table of contents:
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 1
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 2
Trademarks • Windows, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows NT, Windows 2000 and Windows XP are trademarks of Microsoft corporation. • Other names and trademarks mentioned in this manual are trademarks of their respective holders.
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 3
...Up Your Machine Choosing a Location 1.9 Preparing Your Machine for Use 1.9 Attaching the Supports 1.10 Connecting to the Phone Line 1.11 Connecting to the Computer (MFP model only)... 1.13 Installing the Toner Cartridge 1.16 Setting the Date and Time 1.18 Setting Your Fax Number and...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 4
...Receiving in AUTO Mode Receiving Automatically in ANS/FAX Mode Receiving Manually in TEL Mode Receiving... Transmission Options Broadcasting Delayed Fax Priority Fax Polling Adding Documents To a Scheduled... a Dual Job Status Forwarding Received Faxes Printing Reports Group Dialling (for Multi...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 5
... Installing the Software 3.1 Uninstalling the Software 3.3 Print Media Selecting Print Media 3.5 Using the Automatic Paper Input Tray 3.7 Using the Manual Paper Input Tray 3.9 Specialty Paper Guidelines 3.12 Printing Printing a Document Cancelling a Print Job Printing Help Printing Several ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 6
... 4.3 Sending Toner Low Information to the Service Company 4.3 Cleaning the Machine 4.4 Managing the Toner Cartridge 4.7 Automatic Document Feeder Rubber Pad Replacement 4.10
Clearing Paper Jams 5.1 LCD Error Messages 5.5 Fax Problems 5.7 General Printing Problems (MFP...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 7
...considered to be hazardous. The laser system and printer are designed so there is never any human ... I level during normal operation, user maintenance, or prescribed service condition.
CAUTION: Use... specified in this manual might result in hazardous radiation exposure.
WARNING Never operate or service...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 8
... produced does not present a hazard to the operator. However, it is advisable that the machine be operated in a well ventilated area. If you need additional ... make any changes or modifications to the equipment unless otherwise specified in the manual. If such changes or modifications should be made, ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 9
... édictée par l'Industrie et Sciences Canada.
Declaration of Conformity
Notice to Users in EEA Countries
This product complies with the essential requirements and provisions of ...NRG/LANIER: The CE Decalration of Conformity is available on the Internet at URL: http://www.ricoh.co.jp/fax/ce_doc/
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 10
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 11
...Setting Up Your Machine N Choosing a Location N Preparing Your Machine for Use N Attaching the Supports N Connecting to the Phone Line N Connecting to ... (MFP model only) N Plugging In the Power N Loading Paper N Installing Toner Cartridge N Setting the Date and Time N Setting Your Fax Number and Name
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 12
Use this product as a full-featured stand-alone fax machine to send and receive faxes. Perform advanced tasks such as delayed transmission, broadcasting, and ... 600 x 600 dpi high-quality laserjet printing from this machine. You can create professional documents using the ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 13
Make up to 99 copies of a 20-pages document without having to connect to a PC. You can adjust the contrast, enlarge or reduce the copies and collate.
Scan (MFP model only)
Scan important documents to create electronic files. Use the scanner to add photo or graphic images to other ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 14
Here's what comes with this machine.
Document output support
Document ... sheet (for Europe only)
CD-ROM User's Guide
software CD-ROM (... should use the Telephone line cord which is supplied with the machine. If you are replacing it with the other ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 15
Before setting up your machine, make sure you identify the following ... original documents.
Automatic document feeder
Loads up ...pages at a time.
Document output support
Supports the original document when faxing, copying, or scanning is complete...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 16
Identifying Printer Path Parts
Paper for printing, receiving faxes and copying follow the printer path. This path ... the print media
Automatic paper input tray
Manual paper input tray
(For MFP model only)
Paper output tray
Supports the printed pages.
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 17
... the following keys and features on the front panel. These features are used to fax documents, make copies, and adjust settings.
Use to set up ... 18 19 20
Twenty One-Touch Buttons
Store frequently dialled fax numbers.
Use to switch the display ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 18
Allows you to forward the received faxes to the defined remote fax machine at a specified duration.
5 8 0
Makes ...at any time.
Use to enter fax numbers manually or to enter letters.
Use to send documents by entering a registered 2-digit number.
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 19
Identifying Connecting Parts and Others
Power cord connector Telephone line jack
Extension telephone jack Parallel cable connector
(MFP model only)
Cover release buttons (right and left)
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 20
Choosing a Location
For the trouble-free operation of your machine, place it on a flat, stable surface ...front cover. Do not place your machine: • In direct sunlight. • Near heat sources ...protect it during shipping. Before you use the machine, make certain that you check for the following ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 21
Insert the document input support with the groove pointing to the rear top of the machine.
Fold ... into the slots on the front of your machine.
Extender Fold out the extender if necessary.... to make the tray easy to insert.
Note: This machine is shipped with the paper output tray already ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 22
Connecting to the Phone Line
For proper operation, this machine must be connected to the wall jack. Once you ...be using, check a box below and follow the instructions. I only have one phone line coming... phone numbers on one line with distinctive ring service.) Go to "To Connect to a Wall Jack that Has ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 23
... 4. Plug the cord into the side of the phone unit splitter for the fax number. Notes: • If you are connecting other devices such ... the Parallel interface
1. Plug the supplied parallel printer cable into the connector on the back of your machine. Push the metal clips down to fit inside the notches ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 24
... on the paper thickness. Note: For stand-alone copy and fax operations, this machine supports A4, letter, and legal paper. After loading ... paper input support completely out of the unit.
Paper input support
Automatic paper input tray Manual paper input tray only for MFP model.
Getting Started 1.13
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 25
... the paper with the print side facing you.
Place the print side facing you.
4. Adjust the paper guides to the width of the print media. Slide the guides until they lightly touch the stack of print media. Do not bend the print material.
1.14 Getting Started
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 26
... before buying large quantities of paper. Your machine uses a variety of papers including: • Xerographic ...DO NOT use the following types of paper with your machine: • Continuous form feed paper • Synthetic ... up. The following papers can be used in your machine for fax: • Letter : 216 x 279 mm ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 27
Installing the Toner Cartridge
1. Pulling the cover release buttons found on both sides of the machine toward you, open the cover.
2. Unpack the cartridge from its plastic bag, and then remove the paper rolled the cartridge.
3. Shake the cartridge...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 28
4. Find the cartridge slots inside the machine, one on each side.
5. Grasp the handle at the front of the cartridge and slide it down between the cartridge slots, and push it firmly.
6. Close the cover. Make sure that the cover is securely closed.
Getting Started 1.17
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 29
... current date and time are shown on the display when the machine is on and ready for use (Standby mode). ... date and time are printed on all transmitted faxes. When you install this series for the first time, or... TIME
1. Press User Tools on the front panel. the display shows the first setup menu; FAX ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 30
... name can be printed at the top of each page transmitted. 1. Press User Tools on the front panel. The display shows the first setup menu; FAX NUMBER/NAME. 2...., the number appears.
4. Enter the telephone number your machine is connected to. You can enter up to 20 digits....
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 31
... explains how to send and receive faxes from the front panel of this machine. This chapter also demonstrates how... Option features and change the settings on the fax system. This chapter provides information on the following ... Up Stand-alone Fax System N Sending a Fax N Receiving a Fax N Making a Copy ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 32
Setting up Standalone Fax System
You can adjust the ... will show the level. Setting '0' turns the ringer off. The machine will work normally even if the ringer is set to....
3. After choosing the desired volume level, press On Hook Dial.
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 33
... Tools on front panel. The display shows the first setup menu; FAX NUMBER/NAME. 2. Press ➛ or ❿ until 'VOLUME SETUP' appears, then ....
Setting an Option
1. Press User Tools on the front panel. The display shows the first menu; FAX NUMBER/NAME. 2. Press ➛ or ❿ until 'SYSTEM SETUP' appears. The...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 34
... saving the setting you have already changed.
These instructions assume you have followed the steps on page 2.2 under '... the Auto Reduction menu option, or turned Paper Save mode on, your machine will determine the reduction rate according to this setting.
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 35
... as long or longer than the paper loaded in your machine, the machine can reduce the data in the document to ... with only a few lines on the second page. If the fax machine cannot reduce the data to fit onto ... -You can select the number of times your machine rings before answering an incoming call. If ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 36
... tones, enter the remote code and the machine will start receiving. The password is preset to ' 9 ' at the factory... transmission with another ECM-equipped facsimile machine. If the line quality is poor, transmission... dial number in this machine. If you have a problem receiving faxes, turn this feature...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 37
... - "Distinctive Ring" is a telephone company service which enables a user to use a single telephone ... sounds. This feature is often used by answering services who answer telephones for many different clients ... "learn" the ring pattern you designate to be answered by the FAX machine. Unless you change ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 38
... attempt to feed the following types of documents into the machine: - wrinkled, curled, or folded paper - chemically ... documents, make copies using a standard copy machine and insert the copies into the document ... you to stack original documents, which will be faxed or copied one by one.
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 39
.... Blue lines on a ruled pad do not fax well. To send normal documents, there is no.... SUPER FINE works only if the remote machine also has the SUPER FINE features.
...the document will be lighter on the printed page. PHOTO is used when faxing photographs or other documents containing color or ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 40
...going into the document feeder.
2. Adjust the document guides for the width of the document.
3. Slide the sheet down ...document feeder until it is in the feed area.
You can insert up to 20 ...they feed smoothly. To add pages while the fax is being sent, place them on top of the already...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 41
...Stop any time during transmission. The machine continues to send the fax and the display shows ... is completed. For more information, see `Setting User-Selectable System Options' on page 2.2.
Automatic... dialled is busy or there is no answer, the machine will automatically redial the number every three...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 42
Press Pause/Redial with a document loaded in the feeder, the machine begins to send. The redial memory in your .../Enter after you finish talking. The machine begins to transmit.
4. Replace the handset.
Answering ... Request
When the phone rings after receiving a fax, pick up the external handset and ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 43
... on the line, the call automatically switches to the fax machine. Note: To use the ANS/FAX mode, attach an answering machine to the ... the Distinctive Ring Pattern Detection (DRPD) feature. "Distinctive Ring" is a telephone company service which enables a user to use a single telephone line to answer ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 44
... by selecting FAX mode.
Loading Paper for Receiving Faxes
The instructions for loading paper in the paper input tray are the same ... number of rings and receives a fax automatically. To change the number of rings. See 'Setting User-Selectable System Options' on page 2.2. To adjust the ringer volume, ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 45
...your machine will automatically go into FAX mode after 6 rings. • If your answering machine has a 'user-selectable ring counter', set the machine to answer incoming calls within 1 ring. • If you are in TEL mode (manual reception) when the answering machine is connected to your machine, you must ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 46
... and returns to Standby mode when the reception is complete.
Receiving Manually Using Remote Receive Start Code
You can receive a fax from someone you are talking to on the extension telephone without having to go to the fax machine. 1. When you receive a call on the extension phone and...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 47
...order and sorting : When the Collate Copy menu is set to YES, the machine sorts the print jobs. All pages of the ... you copy a three-page job to print 2 copies, the machine prints page 3, page 2, page 1, page 3, page ... facing down. 2. Press Copy twice. Your machine starts copying.
2.16 Stand-alone Fax
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 48
... 2 copies of a 3-page document
3 1 1 2 2 3 3 1 2 1 2
6. When the desired setting is selected, press Start/Enter or Copy to begin the copying.
Note: Pressing Copy at any time begins the copy operation immediately without displaying the remaining options.
Stand-alone Fax 2.17
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 49
... tasks, you will need to enter names and numbers. For example, when you set up your machine, you have to enter your name (or your company's name) and telephone number. ... letter appears in the display.
2.18 Stand-alone Fax
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 50
... CHARACTER ASSIGNMENTS
Key 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 Assigned numbers, letters, or characters Space ➝ 1 A ➝ B ➝ C ➝ 2 D ➝ E ➝ F ➝ 3 G ➝ H ➝ I ➝ 4 J ➝ K ➝ L ➝ 5 M ➝ N ➝O ➝ 6 P ➝ Q ➝ R ➝ S ➝ 7 T ➝ U ➝ V ➝ 8 W➝ X ➝ Y ➝ Z ➝ 9
Stand-alone Fax 2.19
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 51
.... 2. Enter the number you want to store by using the number keypad, then press Start/Enter. To insert a pause between numbers, press Pause/Redial; a 'P' appears on the display. If you make a mistake while entering a number, press Search/Delete and re-enter the correct number.
2.20 Stand-alone Fax
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 52
...the number. 3. When you have finished editing, press Start/Enter.
Sending a Fax Using a One-Touch Number
1. Load the document face down with the top... you stored a number. The number will be automatically dialled and the document transmitted when the remote fax machine answers.
Stand-alone Fax 2.21
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 53
Using Address Label
A One-touch label sheet is included with your machine. As you store numbers in one-touch dial buttons, make a note of the numbers on the label to remind...For information on how to enter names, see page 2.19. If you do not want to assign a name, skip this step.
2.22 Stand-alone Fax
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 54
... number. 4. When you have finished editing, press Start/Enter.
Sending a Fax Using a Speed Number
1. Load the document face down with the top edge ... to dial the number. The number will be automatically dialled and the document transmitted when the remote fax machine answers.
Stand-alone Fax 2.23
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 55
... the entire memory in alphabetical order (from A to Z). While searching through the machine's memory, you will see that each entry is preceded by ... If a document is loaded, the document begins to be transmitted when the remote fax machine answers the phone.
Searching with a Particular First Letter
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 56
...to access the Broadcasting menu. 4. Enter the number of the remote machine using the number keypad. You can also ... number. The display asks you to enter another fax number. 6. If you want to send to... cannot use Group dial numbers for another fax number. Or, To send to one location or when you complete...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 57
...memory capacity and the number of pages being stored. The machine begins sending the documents in order of the numbers ...-communication report.
This machine can be set to send a fax at a future time... menu; BROADCASTING. 3. Press ➛ or ❿ until 'DELAYED FAX' appears, and press Start/Enter...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 58
... cannot use Group dial numbers for another fax number. Or, To send to one location or when you complete ... time and asks you to enter the time when the fax is to be sent.
TIME(10:30)10:30... capacity and the number of pages being stored.
11. The machine returns to Standby mode and the display alternates...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 59
...first menu; BROADCASTING. 3. Press ➛ or ❿ until 'PRIORITY FAX' appears, then press Start/Enter to access the Priority Fax menu. 4. Enter the number of the remote machine using the ten ... capacity and the number of pages being stored. 8. The machine shows the number being dialled, then begins ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 60
What is Polling?
Polling is used when one fax machine requests another to send a document. ...not in the office. The person to receive the document calls the machine holding the original and requests that the document ... the poll code can poll your machine. Note: Polling Transmission only works ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 61
... to automatically receive documents from an unattended remote fax machine. This feature permits unattended polling ... when telephone rates are lower. Note: The remote machine must be ready for polling. 1. Press On Hook...' represents no code. 4. If the remote machine is secured with a poll code, you must...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 62
... add documents, then press Start/Enter. The machine automatically and stores the documents in memory, ... and the number of pages. 5. After storing, the machine displays the total number of pages, then .../Enter to cancel the selected operation. The operation is deleted from memory.
Stand-alone Fax 2.31
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 63
...functions simultaneously. For example, you can; • Receive a fax into the memory while making a copy....start time and end time of a period when the Fax Forward feature operates. 1. Press and... on front panel. 2. Enter the number of a designated fax machine to where the faxes are delivered using the ten...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 64
... Sending Confirmation report showing time when faxes are forwarded, the designated fax number, the transmission result,...paper jam has occurred. Help Shows the machine's basic functions and commands and ... as a quick reference guide. Sent Journal Shows information concerning fax transmission activities ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 65
...and Group dial numbers. Sending Confirmation Shows the fax number, the number of pages, elapsed time of ... all (OFF). You can print this report manually. Schedule Information Shows the document currently stored... etc. System Data List Shows the status of the user-selectable options. After you change any...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 66
..., you can send a document to multiple parties in a single operation. The machine will dial the remote numbers in stored sequence. If the number ... for Group Dialing
1. Press User Tools on the front panel. The display shows the first menu; FAX NUMBER/NAME. 2. Press ➛ or ❿ until 'GROUP DIAL SETUP' ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 67
...include in the group. 6. Press a one-touch button where the fax number you wish to include in the group .... Or, Enter a 2-digit speed dial location where the fax number you wish to include in the group ....
7. Press Start/Enter. The display shows the fax number which was stored in the selected location....
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 68
...or speed dial numbers stored for group dialling. 1. Press User Tools on the control panel. The display shows the first menu; FAX NAME/NUMBER. 2.... each operation. Continue the procedure to complete the desired operation. The machine automatically scans the document into memory and dials...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 69
You MUST install the Printer Driver Type 1100 and the Twain Scanner Driver Type 1100 to use your machine as a printer and scanner. Read this ... Media N Using the Automatic Paper Input Tray N Using the Manual Paper Input Tray N Specialty Paper Guidelines
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 70
.../Windows 98/Windows 98 SE/Windows Me/Windows NT 4 Workstation or Server with Service Pack 3/Windows 2000 • Disk space: 120 MB for installation ...
Note: For Windows 95/98 users, close "New Hardware Found" screen when the computer boots up. 1. Insert the supplied CD-ROM into your CD-ROM drive. The CD-...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 71
4. When the installation is completed, The message box recommends you restart your computer. Click Finish, then Windows restarts. If your computer does not shut down and restart automatically, you must shut it down manually and restart for the changes to saved.
Printing and Scanning
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 72
... after the software is uninstalled.
Un-installing the MFP Driver
1. Start Windows if not already started.... you want to uninstall, then select Printer Driver Uninstall.
3. When your computer confirms your selection, click Yes. The printer driver and all its components are removed from your computer....
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 73
Using the CD-ROM
You can un-install both the MFP driver and the software with the CDROM you have used to install the software.
1.... want to use. 3. Click Uninstall the software on your PC.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete un-installation. You must shut down and restart your computer...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 74
... you want crisp lines.
Get the Right Paper Your machine is designed to work well on most common office paper ... 25% cotton bond paper. Because your printer uses toner to produce an image, paper that accepts toner produces the best results. Be sure to test a variety of paper types before buying large ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 75
... such as linen, may not print evenly because the toner can bleed. • Extremely smooth, shiny, or coated papers not specifically designed for laser printers can jam the printer and repel ... Ib (75 g/m2) paper. The single-sheet manual input tray is designed to hold one sheet. Both ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 76
...paper (see page 3.13).
Note: If you experience feeding problems, try printing one at a time from the manual input tray. See page 3.9. 1. Pull the paper input support completely out of the unit.
2. Prepare the print material for loading. • For paper: ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 77
... only as much paper as will fit beneath the lip protruding from the paper-length adjuster. Neatly stacking the paper before loading will help prevent print problems. Do not mix types. See the following directions to load each type of print material. • Load paper with the print side facing up.
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 78
... tray of the printer with the print side up.
Using the Manual Paper Input Tray
To load a single envelope,... must feed one piece of media at a time. Manual feeding is helpful when printing on heavy paper or ... paper jam with the automatic paper input tray.
Manual paper input tray
Printing and Scanning...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 79
Notes: • Make sure that you select the Manual for Paper Source and the correct paper size and type from your software.... 1. Place the print media in the manual input tray with print side facing up and adjust the paper guides to the width of the print media. • Load a sheet of the envelope with the ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 80
2. In your computer, start printing of the document. the display on the front panel displays 'PC PRINTING...' and 'PRESS START.' 3. Press Start/Enter to start manual feeding. If you have more than one page to print, press Start/Enter for each page.
Printing and Scanning 3.11
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 81
Specialty Paper Guidelines
• Read all instructions that come with special paper for important information ... curl slightly due to the large amount of toner. To print dense graphics, try printing... that is thicker than the specifications as it may damage the toner cartridge.
3.12 Printing and Scanning...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 82
... , Printer , or Options , click that button instead; then click Properties in the next screen.
3. To take advantage of the printer features provided by this machine, click Properties in the application's Print dialogue box and go to step 4. If you see Setup, Printer, or Options, click that button ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 83
... Paper Source: Make sure the Paper Source is set to Auto Select . If you use the manual input slot on the back of the printer (see page 4.5), select Manual .
• Paper Size: Select the paper size you have loaded in your printer.
• Paper Type: The Paper ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 84
...may increase the time it takes to print a document.
The Toner Save Mode option allows the printer to use less toner on each page. • Printer Setting : this feature is determined by the setting you... of the printer. • Standard : does not save toner to print a document. • Save : allows the printer...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 85
..., and any remaining settings with the printer driver. • The settings you change here remain... to open the Printers window.
3. Select the Printer Drivers Type1100. 4. Click the right mouse button... panel of your printer.
CAUTION: If a fax job is currently being transmitted or received, this procedure...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 86
This machine's printer has the help screen that can be activated from the Help button in the printer properties dialogue .... These help screens give detailed information about the printer features provided by this printer driver. From the upper right hand corner, click ? then click on a ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 87
Printing Several Pages Per Sheet
Your printer is equipped with an option that prints several pages on one sheet of paper by reducing the size of each page and organizing them in rows and columns. 1. Load letter or A4 paper into the paper input tray.
2. To change the print settings from ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 88
Scaling Your Document
This printer feature allows you to scale your print job on a page. 1. When you change the print settings from your software application, access the printer properties. See page 3.13 to access the printer properties.
2. Click the Output tab, and select Scale Printing in the ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 89
Fitting Your Document To a Selected Paper Size
This printer feature allows you to scale your print job to any selected paper size regardless of the digital document size. This can be useful when you want to check fine details on a small document.
1. When you change the print settings from your ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 90
This feature allows you to print a single-page document onto up to 16 sheets of paper which can be pasted together to form one poster-size document. 1. To change the print settings from your software application, access the printer properties. See page 3.13 to access the printer ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 91
4. You may specify an overlap in millimeter or inch to make it easier to reconstruct the resulting poster.
¤ ¤ Overlap=0
¤ ¤ Overlap=5mm
5. Click OK, then start printing.
The Watermark option allows you to print text over an existing document. For example,...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 92
To create or edit a watermark
1. When you change the print settings from your software application, access the printer properties. See page 3.13 to access the printer properties. 2. Click the Watermark tab, and enter the desired text message in the Text field. This will be displayed in the preview...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 93
4. If you have created a new or edited an existing watermark, the Add and Update button is enabled. To add a new watermark to the list, click Add. 5. If you want to edit, select the desired watermark from the list, edit, then click Update. 6. When you complete the edit, click OK, then start ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 94
Creating a New Page Overlay
To use a page overlay, you must create a new page overlay containing your logo or image. 1. Create or open a document containing a text or image you want to use for page overlay. Position the items exactly as you wish them to appear when printed as an overlay. If needed...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 95
5. Click OK. You will see the name in the Overlay List box. 6. Click OK or Yes until you complete the creation. The file is not printed out. Instead it will be stored on your computer HDD disk. Note: The overlay document size must be the same as documents you will print with the overlay.
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 96
After you select the file, click OK. The file is now shown in the Overlay List box and is available for printing. Select the overlay from the Overlay List box.
5. If necessary, click the Query Page Overlay check box. If this box is checked, a message box will appear each time you submit a document...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 97
... network environment, you can connect your machine printer directly to a selected computer (called the...network. The printer can then be shared by other users on the network through a Windows 9x, Me,...Note: You need to install the Printer Drivers Type1100 printer driver on each computer that will print ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 98
6. Double-click your printer icon. 7. From the Printers menu, select Properties. 8. Press the Details tab, select the printer port, then click OK.
Printing a Document
Print your document following the procedures described in page 3.13.
Printing and Scanning 3.29
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 99
... Windows Application
Scanning is available through any Windows application that supports a TWAIN interface. This section provides simple explanations about ... on scanning, refer to the manual for the application. 1. Set the document to be scanned. For details, refer to "Sending a FAX" on page 2.7. 2. ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 100
Type1100 TWAIN for Scan Window
Brief desciptions for the controls of Type1100 TWAIN for Scan window are provided below.
Setting Tabs: Each tab ( Basic , Image quality , Filters, and the About tab) contains settings to adjust the scan image.
Use help for further details.
Printing and Scanning 3.31
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 101
...for high-quality and economical operating and information for maintaining the toner cartridge and the machine. The topics included in this chapter are: N Guidelines for Maintenance N Clearing Memory N Cleaning the OPC Drum N Adjusting Shading N Setting the Machine to be ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 102
... machine on a stable surface. • Do not install your machine near devices that contain magnets or generate magnetic fields, such ... in your machine's memory. 1. Press User Tools on the control panel. The display shows the first menu; FAX NUMBER/NAME. 2. Press ➛ or ❿ until 'MEMORY CLEAR' appears, ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 103
... the automatic input tray. 2. Press User Tools on the control panel. The display shows the first setup menu; FAX NUMBER/NAME. ... then press Start/Enter. The machine automatically pulls in a sheet of paper, and prints it out. The toner particles on the OPC drum surface are fixed to the paper. 5. Press ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 104
... company at a remote place by phone. 1. Press User Tools on the control panel. The display shows ... option to ON, when the toner cartridge needs to be replaced, your machine automatically sends a fax to your ... your dealer for more information. 1. Press User Tools on the control panel. The display shows...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 105
... the inside of the machine, be careful no to touch the transfer roller (located underneath the toner cartridge).... on the roller can cause print quality problems.
Cleaning the Outside
Wipe the outside surfaces ... the Inside
During the printing process, paper, toner, and dust particles can accumulate ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 106
Cleaning the Document Scanner
To keep your machine working properly, occasionally clean the white roller, ADF rubber, and the scanning glass.
Note: Do not turn the power off to clean the scanner, as documents stored in the memory will be lost. 1. Lift the front panel by grabbing the panel along ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 107
4. Clean the ADF rubber piece.
5. Carefully wipe the scanning glass with a soft, dry cloth. If the glass is very dirty, first wipe it with a slightly dampened cloth, then with a dry cloth. Be very careful not to scratch the glass surface.
6. Replace the roller in reverse order, and then close the...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 108
.... You can temporarily re-establish the print quality by re-distributing the remaining toner .... This is typically successful one time only. When the toner eventually runs out, only blank ... when a print job is sent, or when a fax is received. At this stage, the toner cartridge needs to be replaced. See ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 109
Take the following steps to replace the toner cartridge: 1. Pulling the cover release buttons toward you, open the cover.
2. Remove the old toner cartridge. Follow the instructions printed on the cartridge box to recycle the used cartridge.
3. Unpack a new...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 110
...side to side 5 or 6 times to distribute the toner evenly inside the cartridge.
5. Find the cartridge slots inside the machine, one on each side. Grasp the handle and slide the cartridge down between the cartridge slots until it drops into place.
6. Close the cover...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 111
Automatic Document Feeder Rubber Pad Replacement
You can purchase the ADF rubber from an authorized service center 1. Open the Control Panel Cover. 2. Insert a small flat blade screwdriver under the right and left sides of the ADF Holder.
3. Apply upward pressure to release ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 112
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 113
This chapter gives helpful information for what to do if you encounter a operating error. It provides information on the following topics: N Clearing Paper Jams N LCD Error Messages N Fax Problems N General Printing Problems (MFP model only) N Print Quality Problems
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 114
Clearing Paper Jams
Document Jams While Sending a Fax
If a document jams while you are .... If you do this, it could harm your machine. 1. Lift the front panel by grabbing the panel along the... remove the jammed document.
3. Close the front panel firmly until it clicks into place.
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 115
Paper Jams While the Machine is Printing
By carefully selecting the paper type and loading them properly, you should be able to avoid most paper ... out.
If there is any resistance, and the paper does not move immediately when you pull, stop pulling. Continue with the next step.
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 116
... the cover.
2. Remove the toner cartridge.
3. Remove the jammed paper by carefully pulling it out of the machine.
4. Check that there is no other paper inside the machine. 5. Replace the toner cartridge and close the cover.
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 117
... jams and may even damage your machine. • Fan stacks of labels or transparencies before loading ... tray, try feeding one sheet at a time in the manual input tray. • Do not load ... up when loading it in the paper input tray. • Keep print media stored in a suitable environment.
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 118
...Recording paper has jammed inside the unit, or the toner cartridge is not installed. Your unit ...again. Make sure the remote machine is operational. Dial the number manually with the keypad, or assign a number....location you tried to use has no number assigned to it.
NO. NOT ASSIGNED
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 119
... to your poll. Or When setting up to poll another fax machine, you have used an incorrect poll code.... the facsimile communications has occurred. Try again. Replace with a new toner cartridge. Take out the ... fax has not gone through successfully. The toner cartridge has run out. The machine stops. The ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 120
...The FAX mode should be selected. • Is there paper in the machine? • Check if the display shows 'MEMORY FULL.' Your machine cannot receive faxes manually. Your machine will not send anything.... memory do not dial correctly.
The document does not feed into the machine.
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 121
... line can cause line errors. • Check your machine by making a copy. • The toner cartridge may be empty.
Are some of the words on the incoming fax stretched? There are ... dials a number, but fails to make a connection with another fax machine. You cannot store a document in the ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 122
... occurred. Remove the jammed paper. See page 5.1. • The toner cartridge is not installed properly. Remove ... or labels, insert them one at a time in the manual paper input tray.) • The paper setting ... 1 mm (1/32") between the left and right edge of the envelopes at the paper guide.
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 123
... not match. Insert the correct paper into the machine or change the software paper size settings. ...printer cable connection. • There may be a problem with the printer driver software. Exit Windows and ...current job is completed, try again.
There may be a copying or printing job ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 124
... appears on the page: • The toner supply is low. You may be able to temporarily extend the toner cartridge life.... rough). See "Paper Type and Size" for faxing on page 1.15 and "Selecting Print Media"... scratched. Install a new toner cartridge.
AaBbCc AaBbCc AaBbCc AaBbCc AaBbCc
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 125
... of paper. See "Paper Type and Size" for faxing on page 1.15 and "Selecting Print Media" ... toner. Try a different kind or brand of paper. • The toner cartridge may be defective. See "Vertical ... Print Media" for PC printing on page 3.5. • Try installing a new toner cartridge.
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 126
...even intervals: AaBbCc AaBbCc AaBbCc AaBbCc AaBbCc
• The toner cartridge may be damaged. Print a cleaning sheet ... still have the same problems, install a new toner cartridge. • Parts in the machine may have toner ... paper. See "Paper Type and Size" for faxing on page 1.15 and "Selecting Print Media...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 127
... "Paper Type and AaBbCc AaBbCc Size" for faxing on page 1.15 and "Selecting Print Media"...
AaBbCc AaBbCc AaBbCc AaBbCc
• The toner cartridge may not be installed properly. ...a new toner cartridge. • The printer may require repairs. Contact a service representative.
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 128
... quality. See "Paper Type and Size" for faxing on page 1.15 and "Selecting Print Media... PC printing on page 3.5. • Try installing a new toner cartridge.
AaBbCc AaBbCc AaBbCc AaBbCc ... horizontally aligned black streaks or smears appear: • The toner cartridge may be installed improperly. Remove the...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 129
N Connecting Other Devices to the Phone Line N Specifications General Printer Copy Scanner Fax N Safety Information
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 130
... to the same phone line: • a telephone • an answering machine • an external modem or a computer with an internal modem ....
You connected this machine to a wall jack with a phone line for fax calls only ... line if you want to use the fax line to access the Internet or e-mail. • You ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 131
You connected this machine to a wall jack with a phone line for fax and voice calls ...wall jack. However, if you have an answering machine or computer with voicemail, make sure to connect it... two phone numbers and distinctive ring service.
Use the same guidelines in "Situation 2" above for...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 132
...Other Devices, Overview
Computer with Internal Modem External Modem Answering Machine Phone
LINE EXT....device connected to the wall jack. If it isn't, it cannot answer incoming fax calls. • As the drawing indicates, always plug the LINE jack into one ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 133
Size (W x D x H) mm Weight (with accessories) Power Supply Average Power Consumption
Specification and Description
... Capacity Speed Resolution Effective Printing Width Manual Feed O/S
Specification and Description
1120L/F101/LF110: 200 x 200 dpi, 1160L/F102/LF115m: 300 x 300 dpi
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 134
...x 300 dpi 1120L/F101/LF110: 9 sec/page, 1160L/F102/LF115m: 6 sec/page
Feeding Method ADF... Max 20 sheets Normal, Darken, Lighten, Photo
Modem Speed Compatibility Resolution
(Selectable ...: 64 grayscales Yes 2 MB 30 Min. TEL, FAX, AUTO, ANS/FAX
Compression ECM Support Halftone TAD Interface ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 135
... appliances. 3. Follow all warnings and instructions marked on the product and in the literature accompanying ..., contact your sales or service representative for assistance. 5. Unplug the fax machine from the AC wall ... fall, causing serious damage. 7. Your fax machine should never be placed on, near, ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 136
... optimal pressure on the document for the best scanning and/or faxing (usually the flatbed-type product). In this case,..., do not disassemble the fax machine. Take it to aqualified service technician when repair work ... does not operate properly after instructions have been followed. • If the product ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 137
... splitters are extremely prone to interference. Be certain that they are as far as possible from the FAX machine and its AC power and telephone cords. • ..., the customer shall be given adequate notice in writing, to allow the customer an opportunity to maintain uninterrupted service.
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 138
...not expressly approved by the manufacturer could void the user's authority to operate this equipment. In the event that terminal... should also know that: • Your FAX machine is not designed to be connected to a digital PBX... you intend to use a computer modem or fax modem on the same phone line as your...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 139
... modular jack that is Part 68 compliant. See the Operating Instructions for details.
3. The REN is used to determine the quantity of devices ...the solving problems section in this manual. 7. If you cannot correct the problem, please contact the RICOH CORP. CUSTOMER SUPPORT DEPT. at 1-800-FASTFIX for ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 140
... with the above conditions may not prevent degradation of service in some situations. Repairs to certified equipment should be coordinated by a representative designated by the supplier. Any repairs or alterations made by the user to this equipment, or equipment malfunctions, may...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 141
... plug (for UK Only)
The mains lead for this machine is fitted with a standard (BS 1363) 13 amp... fuse cover from the people whom you bought the machine. The 13 amp plug is the most widely ...socket.
Important warning: You must earth this machine.
The wires in the mains lead have the following ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 142
... feeder, loading 2.9 document resolution, setting 2.8 document scanner, cleaning 4.5 driver, access 3.13
entering, name error messages 2.18 5.5
... to selected paper forwarding received faxes 2.32 front panel, features 1.6 3.21
group dialing 2.35
install toner cartridge 1.16
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 143
... 3.15 print resolution 3.15 printer driver see driver printing problem, solving 5.9 printing cancel 3.16 ... pages per sheet 3.18 quality problems, solving 5.11 reports 2.33
manual input tray loading paper ..., print
network, setting 3.28 notifying toner low 4.3 number and name, setting 1.19
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 144
...printing 5.9 paper jam 5.1 print quality 5.11
quality, problems 5.11
receiving fax in ANS/FAX mode 2.14 in AUTO mode 2.14 in DRPD ... system options, 2.2
tape, removing 1.9 toner cartridge installing 1.16 replacing 4.8 toner save mode 3.15 troubleshooting see problem, solving
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 145