Ricoh 1160L manual table of contents:
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 1
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 2
Trademarks • Windows, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows NT, Windows 2000 and Windows XP are trademarks of Microsoft corporation. • Other names and trademarks mentioned in this manual are trademarks of their respective holders.
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 3
...Plugging In the Power 1.13 Loading Paper 1.13 Installing the Toner Cartridge 1.16 Setting the Date and Time 1.18 Setting Your Fax Number and Name... Volume 2.1 Setting Alert Tones 2.2 Setting User-Selectable System Options 2.2 Sending a Fax Preparing Documents for Faxing or...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 4
...Receiving in AUTO Mode Receiving Automatically in ANS/FAX Mode Receiving Manually in TEL Mode Receiving... Transmission Options Broadcasting Delayed Fax Priority Fax Polling Adding Documents To a Scheduled... a Dual Job Status Forwarding Received Faxes Printing Reports Group Dialling (for Multi...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 5
... Installing the Software 3.1 Uninstalling the Software 3.3 Print Media Selecting Print Media 3.5 Using the Automatic Paper Input Tray 3.7 Using the Manual Paper Input Tray 3.9 Specialty Paper Guidelines 3.12 Printing Printing a Document Cancelling a Print Job Printing Help Printing Several ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 6
... to be Checked by Phone --------- 4.3 Sending Toner Low Information to the Service Company 4.3 Cleaning the Machine 4.4 Managing the Toner Cartridge 4.7 Automatic Document Feeder Rubber Pad Replacement 4.10
Clearing Paper Jams ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 7
... are not considered to be hazardous. The laser system and printer are designed so there is never any human access to laser ...or adjustment or performance of procedures other than those specified in this manual might result in hazardous radiation exposure.
WARNING Never operate or service the printer ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 8
... produced does not present a hazard to the operator. However, it is advisable that the machine be operated in a well ventilated area. If you need additional ... make any changes or modifications to the equipment unless otherwise specified in the manual. If such changes or modifications should be made, ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 9
...if relocating this product to another country. In the event of problems, please contact your service representative in the first instance.
Ricoh/NRG/LANIER: The CE Decalration of Conformity is available on the Internet at URL: http://www.ricoh.co.jp/fax/ce_doc/
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 10
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 11
... the Supports N Connecting to the Phone Line N Connecting to the Computer (MFP model only) N Plugging In the Power N Loading Paper N Installing Toner Cartridge N Setting the Date and Time N Setting Your Fax Number and Name
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 12
Use this product as a full-featured stand-alone fax machine to send and receive faxes. Perform advanced tasks such as delayed transmission, broadcasting, and ... 600 x 600 dpi high-quality laserjet printing from this machine. You can create professional documents using the ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 13
Make up to 99 copies of a 20-pages document without having to connect to a PC. You can adjust the contrast, enlarge or reduce the copies and collate.
Scan (MFP model only)
Scan important documents to create electronic files. Use the scanner to add photo or graphic images to other ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 14
Here's what comes with this machine.
Document output support
Document input support
Telephone line cord
One-touch label for the front panel and a panel sheet (for Europe only)
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 15
...setting up your machine, make sure you identify the following parts related to the scanner ... paths.
Identifying Scanner Path Parts
Items to be faxed, copied, or scanned use the scanner ... at a time.
Document output support
Supports the original document when faxing, copying, or scanning is complete...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 16
Identifying Printer Path Parts
Paper for printing, receiving faxes and copying follow the printer path. This path consists of the following parts: Paper input support
Support the print media
Automatic paper input tray
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 17
... the following keys and features on the front panel. These features are used to fax documents, make copies, and adjust settings.
Use to set up ... 18 19 20
Twenty One-Touch Buttons
Store frequently dialled fax numbers.
Use to switch the display ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 18
... resolution of documents.
Rcv. Mode/ Contrast
Allows you to forward the received faxes to the defined remote fax machine at a specified duration.
5 8 0
Use to enter fax numbers manually or to enter letters.
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 19
Identifying Connecting Parts and Others
Power cord connector Telephone line jack
Extension telephone jack Parallel cable connector
(MFP model only)
Cover release buttons (right and left)
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 20
Choosing a Location
For the trouble-free operation of your machine, place it on a flat, stable surface ...front cover. Do not place your machine: • In direct sunlight. • Near heat sources ...protect it during shipping. Before you use the machine, make certain that you check for the following ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 21
Insert the document input support with the groove pointing to the rear top of the machine.
Fold out the extender if necessary.
Document Output Support
Insert the two tabs on the document output support into the slots on the front of your machine.
Extender Fold out...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 22
Connecting to the Phone Line
For proper operation, this machine must be connected to the wall jack. Once you ...be using, check a box below and follow the instructions. I only have one phone line coming... phone numbers on one line with distinctive ring service.) Go to "To Connect to a Wall Jack that Has ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 23
... 4. Plug the cord into the side of the phone unit splitter for the fax number. Notes: • If you are connecting other devices such ... the Parallel interface
1. Plug the supplied parallel printer cable into the connector on the back of your machine. Push the metal clips down to fit inside the notches ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 24
...maximum of 150 sheets of plain paper. The maximum capacity may be less, depending on the paper thickness. Note: For stand-alone copy and fax operations, this machine supports A4, letter, and legal paper. After loading paper, make sure that you ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 25
... the paper with the print side facing you.
Place the print side facing you.
4. Adjust the paper guides to the width of the print media. Slide the guides until they lightly touch the stack of print media. Do not bend the print material.
1.14 Getting Started
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 26
... the print quality before buying large quantities of paper. Your machine uses a variety of papers including: • Xerographic paper • Bond ... preferred side facing up. The following papers can be used in your machine for fax: • Letter : 216 x 279 mm (8.5 x 11.0 in.) - 60 g/m2 ~ 90 g/m2 (16 ~ 24 lb)...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 27
Installing the Toner Cartridge
1. Pulling the cover release buttons found on both sides of the machine toward you, open the cover.
2. Unpack the cartridge ...Shake the cartridge from side to side 5 or 6 times to redistribute the toner evenly inside the cartridge.
1.16 Getting Started
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 28
4. Find the cartridge slots inside the machine, one on each side.
5. Grasp the handle at the front of the cartridge and slide it down between the cartridge slots, and push it firmly.
6. Close the cover. Make sure that the cover is securely closed.
Getting Started 1.17
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 29
...(Standby mode). The date and time are printed on all transmitted faxes. When you install this series for the first time, or when the ...
SET DATE & TIME
1. Press User Tools on the front panel. the display shows the first setup menu; FAX NUMBER/NAME. 2. Press ➛ or ❿ until 'TIME/DATE SETUP' appears,...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 30
...the top of each page transmitted. 1. Press User Tools on the front panel. The display shows the first setup menu; FAX NUMBER/NAME. 2. Press Start/Enter to access the Fax Number/Name menu. The display shows 'FAX NUMBER.' 3. Press Start/Enter. If there is a number already ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 31
... explains how to send and receive faxes from the front panel of this machine. This chapter also demonstrates how... Option features and change the settings on the fax system. This chapter provides information on the following ... Up Stand-alone Fax System N Sending a Fax N Receiving a Fax N Making a Copy ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 32
Setting up Standalone Fax System
You can adjust the ... will show the level. Setting '0' turns the ringer off. The machine will work normally even if the ringer is set to....
3. After choosing the desired volume level, press On Hook Dial.
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 33
... pressed (KEY VOLUME). 1. Press User Tools on front panel. The display shows the first setup menu; FAX NUMBER/NAME. 2. Press ➛ or ❿ until 'VOLUME SETUP' appears, ...
Setting an Option
1. Press User Tools on the front panel. The display shows the first menu; FAX NUMBER/NAME. 2. ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 34
... a confirmation report automatically each time you send a fax. Select OFF to turn off.
• FAX PAPER SIZE - Select the paper size you will use for recording. LETTER, A4 and ... Paper Save mode on, your machine will determine the reduction rate according to this setting.
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 35
... into two pages with only a few lines on the second page. If the fax machine cannot reduce the data to fit onto one page with this .... If you are using your machine as both a telephone and a fax machine, we suggest you set the ring count to at least 4 to give you time to answer.
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 36
...up the extension phone and hear fax tones, enter the remote code and the machine will start receiving. The password is... the number reported by the remote fax to be an exact match to a one-touch or speed dial number in this machine. If you have a problem receiving faxes, turn this feature off.
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 37
... the Distinctive Ring Pattern Detection feature, your fax machine can "learn" the ring pattern you designate to be answered by the FAX machine. Unless you change it, ... another telephone. It is not necessary to place the call from a fax machine. When your machine begins to ring, do not ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 38
... a Fax
Preparing Documents for Faxing or Copying
To fax or copy documents that are printed on standard letter or A4 ... documents, make copies using a standard copy machine and insert the copies into the document ... you to stack original documents, which will be faxed or copied one by one.
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 39
.... Blue lines on a ruled pad do not fax well. To send normal documents, there is ...the document will be lighter on the printed page. PHOTO is used when faxing photographs or other documents containing color or... gray. When you choose this mode, you should set the resolution to FINE.
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 40
...going into the document feeder.
2. Adjust the document guides for the width of the document.
3. Slide the sheet down... feed smoothly. To add pages while the fax is being sent, place them on top of the already.../Contrast buttons to change the resolution and the contrast (see page 2.8).
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 41
... After loading a document, enter the number of the remote fax using the keypad. One-touch or speed dialling... Stop any time during transmission. The machine continues to send the fax and the display shows a... If something went wrong during your fax transmission, an error message appears on the display. ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 42
... on the display, press Start/Enter to dial.
Sending a Fax After Talking
You can send a fax ... a Voice Request
When the phone rings after receiving a fax, pick up the external handset and press Stop. ... made the Voice Request, as well as the time and date that the request was made.
Stand-alone Fax 2.11
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 43
... machine has four reception modes: • In FAX mode, the machine answers an incoming call and ... can leave a message on the answering machine. If the fax machine senses a fax tone on the line, the call automatically switches to the fax machine. Note: To use the ANS/FAX mode, attach an answering machine...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 44
... voice conversations, set your machine to receive a fax automatically by selecting FAX mode.
Loading Paper for Receiving Faxes
The instructions for loading paper in the paper input tray are ... until the display shows 'FAX'. 2. When you receive a call, the machine answers the call on a specified ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 45
... the message as it would normally. If your machine hears a fax tone on the line, it automatically starts to receive.... Notes: • If you have set your machine to ANS/FAX mode and your answering machine ... automatically go into FAX mode after 6 rings. • If your answering machine has a 'user-selectable ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 46
... handset of the extension telephone, and start the machine to receive a fax. 1. Press and hold down ...complete.
Receiving Manually Using Remote Receive Start Code
You can receive a fax ... to on the extension telephone without having to go to the fax machine. 1. When you receive a call on the extension ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 47
...order and sorting : When the Collate Copy menu is set to YES, the machine sorts the print jobs. All pages of the ... you copy a three-page job to print 2 copies, the machine prints page 3, page 2, page 1, page 3, page ... facing down. 2. Press Copy twice. Your machine starts copying.
2.16 Stand-alone Fax
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 48
... 2 copies of a 3-page document
3 1 1 2 2 3 3 1 2 1 2
6. When the desired setting is selected, press Start/Enter or Copy to begin the copying.
Note: Pressing Copy at any time begins the copy operation immediately without displaying the remaining options.
Stand-alone Fax 2.17
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 49
... tasks, you will need to enter names and numbers. For example, when you set up your machine, you have to enter your name (or your company's name) and telephone number. ... letter appears in the display.
2.18 Stand-alone Fax
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 50
... CHARACTER ASSIGNMENTS
Key 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 Assigned numbers, letters, or characters Space ➝ 1 A ➝ B ➝ C ➝ 2 D ➝ E ➝ F ➝ 3 G ➝ H ➝ I ➝ 4 J ➝ K ➝ L ➝ 5 M ➝ N ➝O ➝ 6 P ➝ Q ➝ R ➝ S ➝ 7 T ➝ U ➝ V ➝ 8 W➝ X ➝ Y ➝ Z ➝ 9
Stand-alone Fax 2.19
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 51
.... 2. Enter the number you want to store by using the number keypad, then press Start/Enter. To insert a pause between numbers, press Pause/Redial; a 'P' appears on the display. If you make a mistake while entering a number, press Search/Delete and re-enter the correct number.
2.20 Stand-alone Fax
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 52
...the number. 3. When you have finished editing, press Start/Enter.
Sending a Fax Using a One-Touch Number
1. Load the document face down with the top... you stored a number. The number will be automatically dialled and the document transmitted when the remote fax machine answers.
Stand-alone Fax 2.21
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 53
Using Address Label
A One-touch label sheet is included with your machine. As you store numbers in one-touch dial buttons, make a note of the numbers on the label to remind...For information on how to enter names, see page 2.19. If you do not want to assign a name, skip this step.
2.22 Stand-alone Fax
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 54
... number. 4. When you have finished editing, press Start/Enter.
Sending a Fax Using a Speed Number
1. Load the document face down with the top edge ... to dial the number. The number will be automatically dialled and the document transmitted when the remote fax machine answers.
Stand-alone Fax 2.23
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 55
...on the display, press Start/Enter to dial. If a document is loaded, the document begins to be transmitted when the remote fax machine answers the phone.
Searching with a Particular First Letter
1. ... the name and number you want appear, press Start/Enter to dial.
2.24 Stand-alone Fax
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 56
... to confirm the number. The display asks you to enter another fax number. 6. If you want to send to more than one ... 5. Note: You cannot use Group dial numbers for another fax number. Or, To send to one location or when you complete the last fax number setting, press Start/Enter.
Stand-alone Fax 2.25
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 57
... the multi-communication report.
This machine can be set to send a fax at a future time. 1....the first menu; BROADCASTING. 3. Press ➛ or ❿ until 'DELAYED FAX' appears, and press Start/Enter to access the Delayed FAX menu. 4. Enter the number of the remote machine using the ten number ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 58
...: You cannot use Group dial numbers for another fax number. Or, To send to one location or when you complete the last fax number setting, press Start/Enter.
7. The display asks you to enter ...the current time and asks you to enter the time when the fax is to be sent.
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 59
When the priority fax is enabled, a high priority document can be transmitted ahead of ... the first menu; BROADCASTING. 3. Press ➛ or ❿ until 'PRIORITY FAX' appears, then press Start/Enter to access the Priority Fax menu. 4. Enter the number of the remote machine using the ten number ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 60
What is Polling?
Polling is used when one fax machine requests another to send a document. ... original.
You can program the fax machine to send documents in your absence when polled by a remote fax machine. A polling code is used to prevent unauthorized polling of your ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 61
...your machine to automatically receive documents from an unattended remote fax machine. This feature permits unattended polling in... dial tone, call the remote fax machine. 2. When you hear the fax tone, press Trans. ... press Stop at any time. • Not all fax machines have polling capability, and polling...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 62
... add documents, then press Start/Enter. The machine automatically and stores the documents in memory, ... and the number of pages. 5. After storing, the machine displays the total number of pages, then .../Enter to cancel the selected operation. The operation is deleted from memory.
Stand-alone Fax 2.31
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 63
... for later transmission while printing an incoming fax. When the machine performs dual tasks, press ..., you must define the remote fax machine where the fax is to be sent and the start time ... on front panel. 2. Enter the number of a designated fax machine to where the faxes are delivered using the ten ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 64
... Forwarding activates. All faxes delivered to your machine during the specified period will be automatically... an error occurs during forwarding a fax, your machine will automatically redial the number every.... Sent Journal Shows information concerning fax transmission activities recently made. Received...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 65
... and Group dial numbers. Sending Confirmation Shows the fax number, the number of pages, elapsed time of ...at all (OFF). You can print this report manually. Schedule Information Shows the document currently stored ... print, then press Start/Enter. The selected list will be printed.
2.34 Stand-alone Fax
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 66
...Numbers for Group Dialing
1. Press User Tools on the front panel. The display shows the first menu; FAX NUMBER/NAME. 2. Press ➛ or ❿ until 'GROUP DIAL SETUP' appears...different location, select OTHER. When the desired option is displayed, press Start/Enter.
Stand-alone Fax 2.35
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 67
...include in the group. 6. Press a one-touch button where the fax number you wish to include in the group .... Or, Enter a 2-digit speed dial location where the fax number you wish to include in the group ....
7. Press Start/Enter. The display shows the fax number which was stored in the selected location....
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 68
... for group dialling. 1. Press User Tools on the control panel. The display shows the first menu; FAX NAME/NUMBER. 2. Press ➛¤or ❿ until you find 'GROUP ...transmission - p.2.26). When the display requests you to enter the remote fax number, press the one-touch button where you ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 69
You MUST install the Printer Driver Type 1100 and the Twain Scanner Driver Type 1100 to use your machine as a printer and scanner. Read this ... Media N Using the Automatic Paper Input Tray N Using the Manual Paper Input Tray N Specialty Paper Guidelines
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 70
...• Memory: 32 MB • CPU: Pentium 133
Installing the Software
Note: For Windows 95/98 users, close "New Hardware Found" screen when the computer boots up. 1. Insert the supplied CD-ROM into your CD-ROM drive. The CD-ROM is automatically running ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 71
4. When the installation is completed, The message box recommends you restart your computer. Click Finish, then Windows restarts. If your computer does not shut down and restart automatically, you must shut it down manually and restart for the changes to saved.
Printing and Scanning
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 72
... after the software is uninstalled.
Un-installing the MFP Driver
1. Start Windows if not already started.... you want to uninstall, then select Printer Driver Uninstall.
3. When your computer confirms your selection, click Yes. The printer driver and all its components are removed from your computer....
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 73
Using the CD-ROM
You can un-install both the MFP driver and the software with the CDROM you have used to install the software.
1.... want to use. 3. Click Uninstall the software on your PC.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete un-installation. You must shut down and restart your computer...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 74
... you want crisp lines.
Get the Right Paper Your machine is designed to work well on most common office paper ... 25% cotton bond paper. Because your printer uses toner to produce an image, paper that accepts toner produces the best results. Be sure to test a variety of paper types before buying large ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 75
... coated papers not specifically designed for laser printers can jam the printer and repel toner. • Multi-part forms, such as duplicate or triplicate forms can wrinkle and ...of 20 Ib (75 g/m2) paper. The single-sheet manual input tray is designed to hold one sheet. Both can be ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 76
...time you change paper (see page 3.13).
Note: If you experience feeding problems, try printing one at a time from the manual input tray. See page 3.9. 1. Pull the paper input support completely out of the unit.
2. Prepare the print material ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 77
... only as much paper as will fit beneath the lip protruding from the paper-length adjuster. Neatly stacking the paper before loading will help prevent print problems. Do not mix types. See the following directions to load each type of print material. • Load paper with the print side facing up.
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 78
... tray of the printer with the print side up.
Using the Manual Paper Input Tray
To load a single envelope,... must feed one piece of media at a time. Manual feeding is helpful when printing on heavy paper or ... paper jam with the automatic paper input tray.
Manual paper input tray
Printing and Scanning...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 79
Notes: • Make sure that you select the Manual for Paper Source and the correct paper size and ... your print job. See page 3.14. • When you use the manual paper tray, the paper must loaded in the ... the print media in the manual input tray with print side facing up and adjust the paper guides to the ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 80
2. In your computer, start printing of the document. the display on the front panel displays 'PC PRINTING...' and 'PRESS START.' 3. Press Start/Enter to start manual feeding. If you have more than one page to print, press Start/Enter for each page.
Printing and Scanning 3.11
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 81
... is very high, light paper stock may curl slightly due to the large amount of toner. To print dense graphics, try printing on heavier stock. • Do not use paper that is thicker than the specifications as it may damage the toner cartridge.
3.12 Printing and Scanning
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 82
... , Printer , or Options , click that button instead; then click Properties in the next screen.
3. To take advantage of the printer features provided by this machine, click Properties in the application's Print dialogue box and go to step 4. If you see Setup, Printer, or Options, click that button ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 83
... Paper Source: Make sure the Paper Source is set to Auto Select . If you use the manual input slot on the back of the printer (see page 4.5), select Manual .
• Paper Size: Select the paper size you have loaded in your printer.
• Paper Type: The Paper ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 84
...may increase the time it takes to print a document.
The Toner Save Mode option allows the printer to use less toner on each page. • Printer Setting : this feature is determined by the setting you... of the printer. • Standard : does not save toner to print a document. • Save : allows the printer...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 85
..., and any remaining settings with the printer driver. • The settings you change here remain... to open the Printers window.
3. Select the Printer Drivers Type1100. 4. Click the right mouse button... panel of your printer.
CAUTION: If a fax job is currently being transmitted or received, this procedure...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 86
This machine's printer has the help screen that can be activated from the Help button in the printer properties dialogue .... These help screens give detailed information about the printer features provided by this printer driver. From the upper right hand corner, click ? then click on a ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 87
Printing Several Pages Per Sheet
Your printer is equipped with an option that prints several pages on one sheet of paper by reducing the size of each page and organizing them in rows and columns. 1. Load letter or A4 paper into the paper input tray.
2. To change the print settings from ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 88
Scaling Your Document
This printer feature allows you to scale your print job on a page. 1. When you change the print settings from your software application, access the printer properties. See page 3.13 to access the printer properties.
2. Click the Output tab, and select Scale Printing in the ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 89
Fitting Your Document To a Selected Paper Size
This printer feature allows you to scale your print job to any selected paper size regardless of the digital document size. This can be useful when you want to check fine details on a small document.
1. When you change the print settings from your ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 90
This feature allows you to print a single-page document onto up to 16 sheets of paper which can be pasted together to form one poster-size document. 1. To change the print settings from your software application, access the printer properties. See page 3.13 to access the printer ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 91
4. You may specify an overlap in millimeter or inch to make it easier to reconstruct the resulting poster.
¤ ¤ Overlap=0
¤ ¤ Overlap=5mm
5. Click OK, then start printing.
The Watermark option allows you to print text over an existing document. For example,...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 92
To create or edit a watermark
1. When you change the print settings from your software application, access the printer properties. See page 3.13 to access the printer properties. 2. Click the Watermark tab, and enter the desired text message in the Text field. This will be displayed in the preview...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 93
4. If you have created a new or edited an existing watermark, the Add and Update button is enabled. To add a new watermark to the list, click Add. 5. If you want to edit, select the desired watermark from the list, edit, then click Update. 6. When you complete the edit, click OK, then start ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 94
Creating a New Page Overlay
To use a page overlay, you must create a new page overlay containing your logo or image. 1. Create or open a document containing a text or image you want to use for page overlay. Position the items exactly as you wish them to appear when printed as an overlay. If needed...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 95
5. Click OK. You will see the name in the Overlay List box. 6. Click OK or Yes until you complete the creation. The file is not printed out. Instead it will be stored on your computer HDD disk. Note: The overlay document size must be the same as documents you will print with the overlay.
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 96
After you select the file, click OK. The file is now shown in the Overlay List box and is available for printing. Select the overlay from the Overlay List box.
5. If necessary, click the Query Page Overlay check box. If this box is checked, a message box will appear each time you submit a document...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 97
... network environment, you can connect your machine printer directly to a selected computer (called the...network. The printer can then be shared by other users on the network through a Windows 9x, Me,...Note: You need to install the Printer Drivers Type1100 printer driver on each computer that will print ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 98
6. Double-click your printer icon. 7. From the Printers menu, select Properties. 8. Press the Details tab, select the printer port, then click OK.
Printing a Document
Print your document following the procedures described in page 3.13.
Printing and Scanning 3.29
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 99
... you are using. For full details on scanning, refer to the manual for the application. 1. Set the document to be scanned. For details, refer to "Sending a FAX" on page 2.7. 2. Access the Type1100 TWAIN Options from your Scanner Software. 3. Adjust the ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 100
Type1100 TWAIN for Scan Window
Brief desciptions for the controls of Type1100 TWAIN for Scan window are provided below.
Setting Tabs: Each tab ( Basic , Image quality , Filters, and the About tab) contains settings to adjust the scan image.
Use help for further details.
Printing and Scanning 3.31
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 101
... high-quality and economical operating and information for maintaining the toner cartridge and the machine. The topics included in this chapter are: N ... N Sending Toner Low Information to the Service Company N Cleaning the Machine N Managing the Toner Cartridge N Automatic Document Feeder Rubber Pad ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 102
... your machine's memory. 1. Press User Tools on the control panel. The display shows the first menu; FAX NUMBER/NAME. 2. Press ➛ or ❿ until 'MEMORY CLEAR' appears, ...clear. • FAX NUMBER/NAME: your fax number and name are cleared from the machine's memory. • DIAL/SCHEDULE: clears ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 103
...automatic input tray. 2. Press User Tools on the control panel. The display shows the first setup menu; FAX NUMBER/NAME. 3. Press ➛¤or ❿ until 'MAINTENANCE' appears,... document feeder. 2. Press User Tools on the front panel. The display shows the first setup menu; FAX NUMBER/NAME...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 104
... Notify Toner Low menu option to ON, when the toner cartridge needs to be replaced, your machine automatically sends a fax to your service company or the ... display shows the first menu; CLEAN DRUM. 3. Press ➛¤or ❿ until you find 'NOTIFY TONER LOW', then press Start/Enter. ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 105
... below every time the toner cartridge is replaced or whenever print quality problems occur. As much as ... cleaning the inside of the machine, be careful no to touch the transfer roller (located underneath the toner cartridge). The oil from your hands on the roller can cause print quality problems.
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 106
Cleaning the Document Scanner
To keep your machine working properly, occasionally clean the white roller, ADF rubber, and the scanning glass.
Note: Do not turn the power off to clean the scanner, as documents stored in the memory will be lost. 1. Lift the front panel by grabbing the panel along ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 107
4. Clean the ADF rubber piece.
5. Carefully wipe the scanning glass with a soft, dry cloth. If the glass is very dirty, first wipe it with a slightly dampened cloth, then with a dry cloth. Be very careful not to scratch the glass surface.
6. Replace the roller in reverse order, and then close the...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 108
... temporarily re-establish the print quality by re-distributing the remaining toner in the cartridge. 1. Open the cover and remove the toner cartridge.... pages will print when a print job is sent, or when a fax is received. At this stage, the toner cartridge needs to be replaced. See the following page...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 109
...1. Pulling the cover release buttons toward you, open the cover.
2. Remove the old toner cartridge. Follow the instructions printed on the cartridge box to recycle the used cartridge.
3. Unpack a new toner cartridge from its plastic bag, and then remove ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 110
4. Shake the cartridge from side to side 5 or 6 times to distribute the toner evenly inside the cartridge.
5. Find the cartridge slots inside the machine, one on each side. Grasp the handle and slide the cartridge down between the cartridge slots...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 111
Automatic Document Feeder Rubber Pad Replacement
You can purchase the ADF rubber from an authorized service center 1. Open the Control Panel Cover. 2. Insert a small flat blade screwdriver under the right and left sides of the ADF Holder.
3. Apply upward pressure to release ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 112
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 113
This chapter gives helpful information for what to do if you encounter a operating error. It provides information on the following topics: N Clearing Paper Jams N LCD Error Messages N Fax Problems N General Printing Problems (MFP model only) N Print Quality Problems
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 114
Clearing Paper Jams
Document Jams While Sending a Fax
If a document jams while you are .... If you do this, it could harm your machine. 1. Lift the front panel by grabbing the panel along the... remove the jammed document.
3. Close the front panel firmly until it clicks into place.
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 115
Paper Jams While the Machine is Printing
By carefully selecting the paper type and loading them properly, you should be able to avoid most paper ... out.
If there is any resistance, and the paper does not move immediately when you pull, stop pulling. Continue with the next step.
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 116
...1. Pulling the cover release buttons toward you, open the cover.
2. Remove the toner cartridge.
3. Remove the jammed paper by carefully pulling it out of the machine.
4. Check that there is no other paper inside the machine. 5. Replace the toner cartridge and close the cover.
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 117
...in the automatic paper input tray at a time and the manual input tray holds only one sheet at ...or even jams and may even damage your machine. • Fan stacks of labels or transparencies before loading them... input tray, try feeding one sheet at a time in the manual input tray. • Do not load wrinkled, ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 118
Recording paper has jammed inside the unit, or the toner cartridge is not installed. Your unit cannot connect with the remote machine, or has.... Try again. Make sure the remote machine is operational. Dial the number manually with the keypad, or assign a number.
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 119
... Jammed paper still remains inside the unit. The remote fax machine you want to poll is not ready to... to your poll. Or When setting up to poll another fax machine, you have used an incorrect poll code... previously busy station. Your fax has not gone through successfully. The toner cartridge has run out...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 120
... cannot receive faxes automatically. • The FAX mode should be selected. • Is there paper in the machine? • Check if...'MEMORY FULL.' Your machine cannot receive faxes manually. Your machine will not send ... Check the other machine you are sending to, to see if it can receive your fax.
The numbers ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 121
...a poor-quality copy.
Cause and Solution • The fax machine you are polling may be using a... your machine by making a copy. • The toner cartridge may be empty.
Are some of the words on the incoming fax ... number, but fails to make a connection with another fax machine. You cannot store a document in...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 122
...occurred. Remove the jammed paper. See page 5.1. • The toner cartridge is not installed properly. Remove and reinsert the toner cartridge. • The printer cable is not connected properly. Check the printer ... or labels, insert them one at a time in the manual paper input tray.) • The paper setting...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 123
...size settings do not match. Insert the correct paper into the machine or change the software paper size settings. • Scaling may.... Check the printer cable connection. • There may be a problem with the printer driver software. Exit Windows and reboot the computer. Turn the printer off and then back...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 124
...appears on the page: • The toner supply is low. You may be able to temporarily extend the toner cartridge ... streaks appear on the page: • The photosensitive drum inside the toner cartridge has probably been .... Install a new toner cartridge.
AaBbCc AaBbCc AaBbCc AaBbCc AaBbCc
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 125
...toner. Try a different kind or brand of paper. • The toner cartridge may be defective. See "Vertical ...Toner smear
• Install a new toner cartridge. AaBbCc AaBbCc • Adjust the shading setting. See... Media" for PC printing on page 3.5. • Try installing a new toner cartridge.
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 126
...times by cleaning the OPC drum (see page 4.2). After the printout, if you still have the same problems, install a new toner cartridge. • Parts in the machine may have toner on them. If the defects occur on the back of the page, the problem ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 127
... Remove the cartridge and reinsert it. • The toner cartridge may be defective and need replacing. Install a new toner cartridge. • The printer may require repairs. Contact a service representative.
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 128
... Try installing a new toner cartridge.
AaBbCc AaBbCc AaBbCc AaBbCc AaBbCc Character Voids
• If the problem persists, the ... The toner cartridge may be defective. Install a new toner cartridge. • If the problem persists, the printer may require repairs. Contact a service representative.
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 129
N Connecting Other Devices to the Phone Line N Specifications General Printer Copy Scanner Fax N Safety Information
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 130
You connected this machine to a wall jack with a phone line for fax calls only (a ... phone line if you want to use the fax line to access the Internet or e-mail. • You can...Note: Because this is a dedicated fax line, you should never have an answering machine or computer ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 131
You connected this machine to a wall jack with a phone line for fax and voice calls (a shared line).
Connect any other devices you ...Proceed as if that side of the phone unit splitter is a phone line for fax calls only (a dedicated line). See "Situation 1" on ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 132
...Other Devices, Overview
Computer with Internal Modem External Modem Answering Machine Phone
LINE EXT....device connected to the wall jack. If it isn't, it cannot answer incoming fax calls. • As the drawing indicates, always plug the LINE jack into one ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 133
...Input Paper Capacity Speed Resolution Effective Printing Width Manual Feed O/S
Specification and Description
Rear ...and Description
1120L/F101/LF110: 200 x 200 dpi, 1160L/F102/LF115m: 300 x 300 dpi
Normal, Darken..., Photo 99 pages
1120L/F101/LF110: 50 ~ 130 %, 1160L/F102/LF115m: 50 ~ 200 %
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 134
...1120L/F101/LF110: 200 x 200 dpi, 1160L/F102/LF115m: 300 x 300 dpi 1120L/F101/LF110: 9 sec/page, 1160L/F102/LF115m: 6 sec/page
Feeding ...20 sheets Normal, Darken, Lighten, Photo
Modem Speed Compatibility Resolution
...MB 30 Min. TEL, FAX, AUTO, ANS/FAX
Compression ECM Support Halftone TAD ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 135
... Precautions and Safety Information
When using this fax machine, these basic safety precautions ..., contact your sales or service representative for assistance. 5. Unplug the fax machine from the AC wall ...power, telephone. Do not locate your fax machine where the cords will be abused by persons walking...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 136
..., do not disassemble the fax machine. Take it to aqualified service technician when repair work ... service technician to restore the product to normal operation. 16. Avoid using this fax machine ....
In Case of Interference
In the event your fax machine appears to cause interference to other electronic ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 137
... prone to interference. Be certain that they are as far as possible from the FAX machine and its AC power and ...to send any message via a telephone facsimile machine unless such message clearly contains in... on how to enter this information into your FAX machine's memory. The Telephone Company may make ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 138
... Commission pursuant to procedures set out in FCC Rules and Regulations Subpart E of Part 68. You should also know that: • Your FAX machine is not designed to be connected to a digital PBX system. • If you intend to use a computer modem ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 139
... communication error indication), refer to the solving problems section in this manual. 7. If you cannot correct the problem, please contact the RICOH CORP. CUSTOMER SUPPORT DEPT. at 1-800-FASTFIX for repair or warranty information. If the equipment is causing harm ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 140
... situations. Repairs to certified equipment should be coordinated by a representative designated by the supplier. Any repairs or alterations made by the user to this equipment, or equipment malfunctions, may give the telecommunications company cause to ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 141
... plug (for UK Only)
The mains lead for this machine is fitted with a standard (BS 1363) 13 amp... fuse cover from the people whom you bought the machine. The 13 amp plug is the most widely ...socket.
Important warning: You must earth this machine.
The wires in the mains lead have the following ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 142
... 2.16 single copying 2.16
fax problem, solving 5.7 fitting document to selected paper forwarding received faxes 2.32 front panel, features 1.6 3.21
group dialing 2.35
install toner cartridge 1.16
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 143
... load, paper in the automatic input tray 1.13, 3.7 in the manual input tray 3.9 location, choosing 1.9
paper in automatic input tray 1.13, 3.7 in the manual input tray 3.9 selecting 1.15, 3.7 setting 3.2, 3.14 ... per sheet 3.18 quality problems, solving 5.11 reports 2.33
manual input tray ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 144
...paper jam 5.1 print quality 5.11
quality, problems 5.11
receiving fax in ANS/FAX mode 2.14 in AUTO mode 2.14 ... 2.20 speed dial 2.22 supports, attaching 1.10 system options, 2.2
tape, removing 1.9 toner cartridge installing 1.16 replacing 4.8 toner save mode 3.15 troubleshooting see problem, ...
- Ricoh 1160L | User Guide - Page 145