Page 3 highlights
Enter PSM menu.
Select an item.
Finish Symptoms • Sound cannot be heard from the speakers. Remedies/Causes • Adjust the volume to the optimum level. • Check the cords and connections.
: Initial) Setting : The display demonstration will be activated automatically if no operation is done for about 20 seconds. : Cancels. : The clock time is shown on the display at all times when the power is turned off. : Cancels; pressing DISP will show the clock time for about 5 seconds when the power is turned off. : [Initial: 1 (1:00)] : [Initial: 00 (1:00)] : Dims the display and button illumination. : Cancels. : Scrolls the displayed information once. : Repeats scrolling (at 5-second intervals). : Cancels. • Pressing DISP for more than one second can scroll the display regardless of the setting. : Select if the REAR LINE OUT terminals are used for connecting the speakers (through an external amplifier). : Select if the REAR LINE OUT terminals are used for connecting a subwoofer. : Frequencies lower than 90 Hz are sent to the subwoofer. : Frequencies lower than 135 Hz are sent to the subwoofer. : Frequencies lower than 180 Hz are sent to the subwoofer. : Adjust the auxiliary input level to avoid the sudden increase of the output level when changing the source from external component connected to the AUX input jack on the control panel. : Shows the tag while playing MP3/WMA tracks. : Cancels. : VOL 00 - VOL 30 (Select if the maximum power of each speaker is less than 50 W to prevent the speaker from being damaged.) : VOL 00 - VOL 50 : When using in North/Central/South America. AM/FM intervals are set to 10 kHz/200 kHz. : When using in any other areas. AM/FM intervals are set to 9 kHz/50 kHz (100 kHz during auto search). : When using in South American countries. AM/FM intervals are set to 10 kHz/ 100kHz.
• DEMO ON • DEMO OFF • ON • OFF
• The buttons on the unit do not work as you If you press M MODE, some buttons work differently from it intended. original function. Wait for 5 seconds or press M MODE again. • This unit does not work at all. Reset the unit. Store stations manually. Connect the antenna firmly. Insert the disc correctly. • Insert a finalized CD-R/CD-RW. • Finalize the CD-R/CD-RW with the component which you used for recording.
CLK DISP *1
• SSM automatic presetting does not work. • Static noise while listening to the radio. • Disc ejects. • CD-R/CD-RW cannot be played back. • Tracks on the CD-R/CD-RW cannot be skipped.
CLOCK H (Hour) CLOCK M (Minute) DIMMER SCROLL
1 - 12 00 - 59 • ON • OFF • ONCE • AUTO • OFF
• Disc can be neither played back nor ejected. • Unlock the disc. • Eject the disc forcibly. • Disc sound is sometimes interrupted. • Stop playback while driving on rough roads. • Change the disc. • Check the cords and connections. Insert a playable disc into the loading slot.
• REAR • WOOFER • LOW • MID • HIGH A.ADJ 00 - A.ADJ 05 • TAG ON • TAG OFF • LOW PWR • HIGH PWR • AREA US • AREA EU • AREA SA
• "NO DISC" appears on the display. • "PLEASE" and "EJECT" appear alternately on the display. • Disc cannot be played back. MP3/WMA playback (for KD-G240)
• Use a disc with MP3/WMA tracks recorded in a format compliant with ISO 9660 Level 1, Level 2, Romeo, or Joliet. • Add the extension code or to the file names. Skip to another track or change the disc. (Do not add the extension code or to non-MP3 or WMA tracks.)
• Noise is generated.
TAG DISP (for KD-G240) AMP GAIN *3
• A longer readout time is required Do not use too many hierarchical levels and folders. ("READING" keeps flashing on the display). • Tracks are not played back in the order you Playback order is determined when the files are recorded. have intended. • The elapsed playing time is not correct. • The correct characters are not displayed (e.g. album name). This sometimes occurs during playback. This is caused by how the tracks are recorded on the disc. This unit can only display alphabets (upper case), numbers, and a limited number of symbols.
*1 If the power supply is not interrupted by turning off the ignition key of your car, it is recommended that you select "OFF" to save the car's battery. *2 Displayed only when "L/O MODE" is set to "WOOFER." *3 The volume level automatically changes to "VOL 30" if you change to "LOW PWR" while the volume level is set higher than "VOL 30."
• Microsoft and Windows Media are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
Audio amplifier section
Power Output: 20 W RMS × 4 Channels at 4 Ω and ≤ 1% THD+N Signal to Noise Ratio: 80 dBA (reference: 1 W into 4 Ω) 4 Ω (4 Ω to 8 Ω allowance) Bass: ±12 dB at 60 Hz Mid-range: ±12 dB at 1 kHz Treble: ±12 dB at 7.5 kHz Frequency Response: 40 Hz to 20 000 Hz Line-Out Level/Impedance: 2.5 V/20 kΩ load (full scale) Output Impedance: 1 kΩ Subwoofer-Out Level/Impedance: 2.5 V/20 kΩ load (full scale) If a kit is necessary for your car, consult your telephone directory for the nearest car audio speciality shop. Load Impedance: Tone Control Range:
Frequency Range: FM: 87.5 MHz to 107.9 MHz (with channel interval set to 100 kHz or 200 kHz) 87.5 MHz to 108.0 MHz (with channel interval set to 50 kHz) AM: 530 kHz to 1 710 kHz (with channel interval set to 10 kHz) 531 kHz to 1 602 kHz (with channel interval set to 9 kHz)
CD player section
Type: Compact disc player Signal Detection System: Non-contact optical pickup (semiconductor laser) Number of channels: 2 channels (stereo) Frequency Response: 5 Hz to 20 000 Hz Dynamic Range: 93 dB Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 98 dB Wow and Flutter: Less than measurable limit MP3 Decoding Format (for KD-G240): MPEG1/2 Audio Layer 3 Max. Bit Rate: 320 kbps WMA (Windows Media® Audio) Decoding Format (for KD-G240): Max. Bit Rate: 192 kbps
Power Requirement: Operating Voltage: DC 14.4 V (11 V to 16 V allowance) Grounding System: Negative ground Allowable Operating Temperature: 0°C to +40°C (32°F to 104°F) Dimensions (W × H × D): Installation Size (approx.): 182 mm × 52 mm × 160 mm (7-3/16" × 2-1/16" × 6-5/16") Panel Size (approx.): 188 mm × 58 mm × 5 mm (7-7/16" × 2-5/16" × 1/4") Mass (approx.): 1.3 kg (2.9 lbs) (excluding accessories) Design and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Usable Sensitivity: 11.3 dBf (1.0 μV/75 Ω) 50 dB Quieting Sensitivity: 16.3 dBf (1.8 μV/75 Ω) Alternate Channel Selectivity (400 kHz): 65 dB Frequency Response: 40 Hz to 15 000 Hz Stereo Separation: 35 dB
Having TROUBLE with operation? Please reset your unit
Still having trouble?? Call 1-800-252-5722 (USA ONLY) http://www.jvc.com
Sensitivity/Selectivity: 20 μV/35 dB
This unit is designed to operate on 12 V DC, NEGATIVE ground electrical systems. If your vehicle does not have this system, a voltage inverter is required, which can be purchased at JVC car audio dealers.
To prevent short circuits, we recommend that you disconnect the battery's negative terminal and make all electrical connections before installing the unit. • Be sure to ground this unit to the car's chassis again after installation. Notes: • Replace the fuse with one of the specified rating. If the fuse blows frequently, consult your JVC car audio dealer. • It is recommended to connect to the speakers with maximum power of more than 50 W (both at the rear and at the front, with an impedance of 4 Ω to 8 Ω). If the maximum power is less than 50 W, change "AMP GAIN" setting to prevent the speakers from being damaged (see "General settings-PSM"). • To prevent short-circuit, cover the terminals of the UNUSED leads with insulating tape. • The heat sink becomes very hot after use. Be careful not to touch it when removing this unit. Heat sink 3 - EN
The fuse blows. Are the red and black leads connected correctly? Power cannot be turned on. Is the yellow lead connected? No sound from the speakers. Is the speaker output lead short-circuited? Sound is distorted. Is the speaker output lead grounded? Are the "-" terminals of L and R speakers grounded in common? Noise interfere with sounds. Is the rear ground terminal connected to the car's chassis using shorter and thicker cords? This unit becomes hot. Is the speaker output lead grounded? Are the "-" terminals of L and R speakers grounded in common? This unit does not work at all. Have you reset your unit?
Prepare this before installation