Motorola T5200 manual table of contents:
- Motorola T5200 | User Manual - Page 1
Your New Radio
Motorola Talkabout T5100 and T5200 radios operate on Family Radio Service (FRS) designated frequencies.This license-free, short range, two-way radio service was established specifically for family and group recreational use. Use of this radio outside the ...
- Motorola T5200 | User Manual - Page 2
T5100 and T5200 radios operate with 3 AA alkaline batteries providing approximately 30 hours of...of standby time.
1. With back of radio facing you, flip Battery Cover Latch up to ... Cover Latch down to secure.
Battery Cover Latch Figure 1 Figure 2
Your radio ...
- Motorola T5200 | User Manual - Page 3
Motorola T5100 and T5200 radios come with a swivel belt clip. 1. Align belt clip post with hole in the radio ... from the radio back.
The T5100 and T5200 radios have a removable front cover that allows you to ...
- Motorola T5200 | User Manual - Page 4
... you know how to properly operate radio before use. Motorola Talkabout two-way radios have 14 channels. To communicate with others, all radios in your... be set to the same channel. Other FRS radios, such as the T5200, may have Interference Eliminator Codes, which must be turned off or set to zero for ...
- Motorola T5200 | User Manual - Page 5
... while flashing. 3. Press Menu or Push-To-Talk button to set new channel.
Set The Code: (T5200 only)
1. With radio on, press Menu button twice. Fig. 5. ...-To-Talk button to set new code. Note: Radio automatically saves channel (and code for T5200) after 5 seconds. 6
- Motorola T5200 | User Manual - Page 6
.... T5100 has a single Call Tone, while the T5200 has 5 Call Tones.
1. With the radio on, press Menu button three times.... "Roger" Beep icon will not appear on the display.
Set The Call Tone: (T5200 only)
1. To maximize clarity, hold radio 2 to 3 ...
- Motorola T5200 | User Manual - Page 7
There are many accessories (sold separately) available for T5100 and T5200 radios. For more information refer to the brochure we've included with your radio, contact place of purchase or call Motorola at: 1-800-353-2729 USA 1-800-461-4575 Canada 1-800-739-...
- Motorola T5200 | User Manual - Page 8
Motorola T5100 and T5200 radios have been designed to maximize performance and improve transmission range in the field. .... Minimal Range Dense foliage and mountains can limit range.
Care of Your Radio
To clean the radio, wipe with a soft cloth dampened with water. Do...
- Motorola T5200 | User Manual - Page 9
...RF) energy. That radio operates in the frequency range of 450 MHz to 470 MHz.
Exposure to Radio Frequency Energy
Your Motorola radio is designed to comply with the following national and international standards and guidelines regarding exposure of human beings to ...
- Motorola T5200 | User Manual - Page 10
...on your body when transmitting, always place the radio in a Motorola supplied or approved clip, holder, holster, case, or body harness. Use of non-Motorola approved accessories... Operation
For a list of approved Motorola accessories refer to the two-way radio section of...
- Motorola T5200 | User Manual - Page 11
... conflicts, turn off your radio in any facility where posted notices instruct you to do so... external RF energy. When instructed to do so, turn off your radio when on board an aircraft. Any use of a radio must be in accordance with applicable regulations per airline crew instructions.
- Motorola T5200 | User Manual - Page 12
... avoid possible interference with blasting operations, turn off your radio when you are near electrical blasting caps, in a blasting area, or in areas posted: "Turn off two-way radio." Obey all signs and instructions.
- Motorola T5200 | User Manual - Page 13
Do not use any portable radio that has a damaged antenna. If a damaged antenna ... a minor burn can result.
All batteries can cause property damage and/... hot. Exercise care in handling any charged battery, particularly when placing it inside a pocket, purse, or...
- Motorola T5200 | User Manual - Page 14
... volume is turned up. Shared Channel may be in use, try changing channels. Radios with Interference Eliminator Codes (like T5200), must have codes off or set to zero to communicate with T5100 radios. 15
Message Not Received
Hearing Other ...
- Motorola T5200 | User Manual - Page 15
... to 2 miles in clear, unobstructed conditions. Shared Channel may be in use, try another.
Heavy Static or Interference
Motorola Product Services If the radio still doesn't work properly, contact your place of purchase or call Motorola Product Services. 1-800-353-2729 ...
- Motorola T5200 | User Manual - Page 16
...Motorola company listed below ("Motorola") warrants its Two-Way Family Radios (the "Products") against ...unless made in writing and signed by an officer of Motorola. Motorola does not warrant any... WILL VOID THIS WARRANTY.
Motorola Limited Warranty For Two-Way Family Radios I. What this Warranty Covers...
- Motorola T5200 | User Manual - Page 17
You will receive directions on how to mail the Products to Motorola. All Products shipped to Motorola Service Centers must be shipped with freight and insurance prepaid. ...a claim that the Products infringe a United States patent. Motorola will pay those costs and damages finally ...
- Motorola T5200 | User Manual - Page 18
...equal amount per year over the lifetime of the Products, accessories, battery or parts as established by Motorola. Motorola will have no liability to you ... this limited warranty with software, apparatus or devices not furnished by Motorola. Motorola will have no liability for the use of ancillary or ...
- Motorola T5200 | User Manual - Page 19
... or modifications not expressly approved by Motorola may void the user's authority granted by the FCC to operate this radio and should not be made. To... by the FCC equipment authorization for this radio could violate FCC rules.
Computer Software Copyrights
The Motorola equipment described in this ...
- Motorola T5200 | User Manual - Page 20
Channel Frequency Chart
Channel MHz 1...462.5625 2...462.5875 3...462.6125 4...462.6375 5...462.6625 6...462.6875 7...462.7125 Channel MHz 8...467.5625 9...467.5875 10...467.6125 11...467.6375 12...467.6625 13...467.6875 14...467.7125
- Motorola T5200 | User Manual - Page 21
...233.6 241.8 250.3
Note: Carrier Squelch (0) 0 disables Interference Eliminator Codes on the T5200. This allows you to monitor all activity on the channel you are using. For Talkabout compatibility information with other Motorola two-way radios, please call 1-800-353-2729.
- Motorola T5200 | User Manual - Page 22
... 3 AA Alkaline Batteries 30 Hours* 12.5 kHz
14 38 UHF-462.550 to 467.725 MHz Up to 2 Miles 3 AA Alkaline ...standby time, 5% talk time, and 5% receive time.
Visit our website at: http://www.motorola.com
, Motorola and Talkabout are registered trademarks of Motorola, Inc....
- Motorola T5200 | User Manual - Page 23
..., the Stylized M Logo, and all other trademarks indicated as such herein are trademarks of Motorola, Inc. Reg. U.S. Pat. & Tm. Off. 2000 Motorola, Inc. All rights reserved. Printed in the U.S.A. Consumer Products Division 1125 Satellite Road, Suite 101 Suwanee, GA 30024-...
- Motorola T5200 | User Manual - Page 24
... ...7 Batteries To Install ...3 Sending Messages ...7 Radio Etiquette ...3 Battery Meter ...8 Low Battery Alert ...8 Belt Clip Accessories To Attach...4 To... Year Limited Warranty...17-20 Channel Frequency Chart...21 Interference Eliminator Code Chart ...22 Specifications...23 1...
- Motorola T5200 | User Manual - Page 25
• Quick Release Swivel Belt Clip Included • Durable, fixed antenna Maximizes talk range • Up to 2 mile range... headphones, mesh and waterproof carry cases available from your retailer or www.motorola.com
MOTOROLA, the stylized M Logo, TALKABOUT, and all other trademarks indicated as ...