Casio FX300MS manual table of contents:
- Casio FX300MS | User Guide - Page 1
fx-82MS fx-83MS fx-85MS fx-270MS fx-300MS fx-350MS
- Casio FX300MS | User Guide - Page 2
CASIO ELECTRONICS CO., LTD. Unit 6, 1000 North Circular Road, London NW2 7JD, U.K.
- Casio FX300MS | User Guide - Page 3
Removing and Replacing the Calculator's Cover
• Before starting ...1 Holding the cover as shown in the illustration, slide the unit out of the cover. • After you are finished ...2 Holding the cover as shown in the illustration, slide the unit out of the cover. • Always slide the keyboard end ...
- Casio FX300MS | User Guide - Page 4
... correctly when you load it into the calculator. • Remove the battery if you do not .../fx270MS/fx-350MS). • Use only the type of battery specified for this calculator in this manual.
Disposing ... illustrations (such as key markings) shown in this User's Guide are for illustrative purposes only, and...
- Casio FX300MS | User Guide - Page 5
... The contents of this manual are subject to change without notice. • In no event shall CASIO Computer Co... three years for the fx83MS/fx-85MS/fx-270MS/fx-300MS/fx-350MS, or at least .... Never leave a dead battery in the calculator. • The battery that comes with this unit discharges slightly during ...
- Casio FX300MS | User Guide - Page 6
... might be subjected to twisting or bending. • Never try to take the calculator apart. • Never press the keys ...soft, dry cloth to clean the exterior of the calculator. If the calculator becomes very dirty, wipe ... all excess moisture before wiping the calculator. Never use thinner, benzene or other ...
- Casio FX300MS | User Guide - Page 7
...Two-line Display ...7 Before getting started...7
k Modes ...7 k Input Capacity ...8 k Making Corrections During ...Calculations ...13 k Degrees, Minutes, Seconds Calculations ...14 k FIX, SCI, RND ...15
Memory... ...16 16 16 17
Scientific Function Calculations ...17
k Trigonometric/Inverse Trigonometric...
- Casio FX300MS | User Guide - Page 8
...20 k Engineering Notation Calculations ...21
Statistical Calculations ...21
Standard Deviation ...21 Regression Calculations ...24
Technical Information ...28
k When you have a problem...k Error Messages ...k Order of Operations ...k Stacks ...k Input Ranges ......
- Casio FX300MS | User Guide - Page 9
...: Basic arithmetic calculations Standard deviation Regression calculations Perform this To enter key operation: this mode:
F1 F2 F3
COMP SD REG
• ...displays additional setup screens. Setup screens are described in the sections of this manual where they are actually used to change the...
- Casio FX300MS | User Guide - Page 10
... initial defaults shown below, press A B 2(Mode) =. Calculation Mode: Angle Unit: Exponential Display ... Point Character: COMP Deg Norm 1 a b/c Dot
• Mode indicators appear in the upper part of the display. ... (Deg, Rad, Gra) before beginning a calculation.
k Input Capacity
• The memory area used ...
- Casio FX300MS | User Guide - Page 11
... initialize modes and settings by pressing A B 2(or 3) = When you change from one calculation mode to another When you turn off the calculator.
k Error Locator
• Pressing r or e after an error occurs displays the calculation with the cursor positioned at the location where the error occurred.
- Casio FX300MS | User Guide - Page 12
k Exponential Display Formats
This calculator can display up to 10 digits. Larger values are automatically displayed using ... than 10 digits and decimal values with more than nine decimal places. • All of the examples in this manual show calculation results using the Norm 1 format.
k Decimal Point ...
- Casio FX300MS | User Guide - Page 13
...Perform the following key operation when you want to initialize the calculation mode and setup, and clear replay memory and variables.
A ... skip all T operations before =.
k Fraction Operations
u Fraction Calculations
• Values are displayed in decimal format automatically whenever the...
- Casio FX300MS | User Guide - Page 14
...4 2 1 • Example 4: ѿ1.6 ҃ 2.1 2
4 11 12.00
2C4= 1 C 2 + 1.6 =
• Results of calculations that mix fraction and decimal values are always decimal.
... Decimal ↔ Fraction Conversion
• Use the operation shown below to convert calculation results between decimal values and fraction values. • ...
- Casio FX300MS | User Guide - Page 15
... use the display setup (Disp) screen to specify the display format when a fraction calculation result is greater than one. • To change the fraction display format, ... 1 : To calculate 12% of 1500 (180) 1500 - 12 A v • Example 2: To calculate what percentage of 880 is 660 (75%) 660 \ 880 A v • ...
- Casio FX300MS | User Guide - Page 16
... Memory value in a mark up or discount calculation, you need to assign the Answer Memory ... then use the variable in the mark up/discount calculation. This is because the calculation performed when v is pressed ....8 2.258
• Example 2: To perform the following calculation: 12°34'56" ҂ 3.45 12 ...
- Casio FX300MS | User Guide - Page 17
200 \ 7 =
400.00000 28.57100 400.00000
(Internal calculation continues using 12 digits.)
- 14 =
The following performs the same calculation using the specified number of decimal places. 200 \ 7 =
28.57100 28.57100 399.99400
- Casio FX300MS | User Guide - Page 18
...Use the F key to enter the COMP Mode when you want to perform a calculation using memory. COMP ... Memory) as the first value of your next calculation. Note that pressing an operator key while ... is convenient for calculating cumulative totals. • Independent memory uses the same memory area as variable...
- Casio FX300MS | User Guide - Page 19
...following key operation when you want to clear the values assigned to all of the variables.
A B 1(Mcl) =
• Example: 193.2 Ö 23 ҃ 8.4 193.2 Ö 28 ҃ ...
Use the F key to enter the COMP Mode when you want to perform scientific function calculations. COMP ...F 1 • Certain types of calculations may...
- Casio FX300MS | User Guide - Page 20
k Trigonometric/Inverse Trigonometric Functions
• To change the default angle unit (degrees, radians, grads), press the F key a number of times until you reach the angle ...) that corresponds to the angle unit you want to use. (90° =
radians = 100 grads)
• Example 1: sin 63 °52o41ǥ ҃ 0....
- Casio FX300MS | User Guide - Page 21
k Common and Natural Logarithms/ Antilogarithms
• Example 1: log 1.23 ҃ 0.089905111
R 1.23 = T 90 = TpP= A U 10 = A Q ... 5: 2ȕ3 ҃ 0.125 • Example 6: (ȕ2)4 ҃ 16
• Negative values inside of calculations must be enclosed within parentheses. For details, see "Order of Operations."
- Casio FX300MS | User Guide - Page 22
...to the corresponding angle unit. • Example: To convert 4.25 radians to degrees
q ...1(Deg) 4 . 25 r 4.25 A v 2(R) = 243.5070629
k Coordinate Conversion (Pol (x, y), Rec (r, θ ))
• Calculation results are automatically assigned to variables E and F. • Example 1: To convert polar coordinates...
- Casio FX300MS | User Guide - Page 23
... the value of r, or 0 o to display the value of .
k Engineering Notation Calculations
• Example 1: To convert 56,088 meters ... Deviation
SD REG SD
Use the F key to enter the SD Mode when you want to perform statistical calculations using standard deviation. SD ...F 2 • In the SD Mode and REG...
- Casio FX300MS | User Guide - Page 24
AU1 AU2 AU3 AX1 AX2 AX3
• Example: To calculate σnҀ1, σn, o, n, Σx, and Σx2 for the following data : 55...51, 55, 53, 53, 54, 52 In the SD Mode: A B 1 (Scl) = (Stat clear) 55 S
54 S 51 S 55 S 53 S S 54 S 52 S
Sample Standard Deviation (σnҀ1) = 1.407885953 Population Standard ...
- Casio FX300MS | User Guide - Page 25
... Data values you register are normally stored in calculator memory. The message "Data Full" appears and... After inputting statistical data in the SD Mode or REG Mode, you will be unable to display or edit ... following operations. Changing to another mode Changing the regression type (Lin, Log, Exp, Pwr,...
- Casio FX300MS | User Guide - Page 26
... when you want to perform statistical calculations using regression. REG ...F 3 • In the SD Mode and REG Mode, the | key operates as the S key. • Entering the REG Mode displays screens like the ones shown below.
L i n Log Ex p
I nv Quad
• Press the number ...
- Casio FX300MS | User Guide - Page 27
Regression coefficient A Regression coefficient B Regression calculation other than quadratic regression Correlation coefficient r
AU1 AU2 AU3 AUr1 AUr2 AUr3 AX1 AX2 AX3... inside of expressions the same way you use variables.
u Linear Regression
• The regression formula for linear ...
- Casio FX300MS | User Guide - Page 28
...for the data nearby. Next, use 20°C 1010 hPa the regression formula to esti25°C 1011 hPa mate atmospheric pressure at ...and temperature at 1000 hPa. Finally, calculate the coefficient of determination ( r 2 ) and sample covariance . In the REG Mode:
1(Lin) A B 1 (Scl) = (Stat clear)
10 P1003 S
- Casio FX300MS | User Guide - Page 29
... Logarithmic, Exponential, Power, and Inverse Regression
• Use the same key operations as linear ...23.5 38.0 46.4 48.0
Perform quadratic regression to determine the regression formula terms for the data... m (estimated value of x) for yi = 20.
In the REG Mode:
r 3(Quad) A B 1 (Scl) = (Stat clear) 29...
- Casio FX300MS | User Guide - Page 30
... data input for standard deviation also apply for regression calculations. • Do not use variables A ... calculations. • Entering the REG Mode and selecting a regression type (Lin, Log, Exp, Pwr, ... inside the REG Mode also clears these variables.
k When you have a problem...If ...
- Casio FX300MS | User Guide - Page 31
... the numeric stack or operator stack is exceeded. • Action • Simplify the calculation. The numeric stack has 10 levels and the ...perform an illegal mathematical operation. • Action • Press e or r to display the calculation with the cursor located at the location of the error and make required ...
- Casio FX300MS | User Guide - Page 32
... 5 Abbreviated multiplication format in front of π, e (natural logarithm base), memory name, or variable name: 2π, 3e, 5A, πA,...left to right. • Operations enclosed in parentheses are performed first. • When a calculation contains an argument that is a negative number, the negative number must ...
- Casio FX300MS | User Guide - Page 33
...(command stack) according to their precedence during calculations. The numeric stack has 10 levels .... • Example:
1 2 3
Numeric Stack 1 2 2 3 4 5 3 4 5 4
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
ѿ ҂ ѿ
• Calculations are performed in sequence according to "Order of Operations."...
- Casio FX300MS | User Guide - Page 34
k Input Ranges
Internal digits: 12 Accuracy*: As a rule, accuracy is ±1 at the 10th digit. Functions sinx Input Range DEG 0Ϲ ȊxȊ Ϲ4.499999999҂1010 RAD 0Ϲ ȊxȊ Ϲ785398163.3 GRA 0Ϲ ȊxȊ Ϲ4.999999999҂1010 cosx DEG 0Ϲ ȊxȊ Ϲ4.500000008҂1010 RAD 0Ϲ ȊxȊ Ϲ785398164.9 GRA 0Ϲ ȊxȊ ...
- Casio FX300MS | User Guide - Page 35
xn, yn, o, p : n G 0 xn-1, yn-1, A, B, r : n G 0, 1
* For a single calculation, calculation error is ±1 at the 10th digit. (In the case of ... to become large. (This is also true of internal consecutive calculations that are performed 3 x , nPr, nCr, etc.) in the case of ^(x ...
- Casio FX300MS | User Guide - Page 36
The type of battery you should use depends on the model number of your calculator.
The TWO WAY POWER system actually... Nothing appears on the display when you press the 5 key.
u To replace the battery
1 Remove the six screws that hold the back cover in...
- Casio FX300MS | User Guide - Page 37
This calculator is powered by single G13 Type (LR44) button battery.... indicate that battery power is low. Continued use of the calculator when the battery is low can result in improper operation. Replace the battery as soon as possible when display figures become dim.
- Casio FX300MS | User Guide - Page 38
This calculator is powered by a single AA-size battery.
• Replacing the Battery
Dim figures on ... that battery power is low. Continued use of the calculator when the battery is low can result in improper operation. Replace the battery as soon as possible when display figures become dim.
- Casio FX300MS | User Guide - Page 39
...battery (R6P (SUM-3)) fx-83MS/fx-270MS/fx-350MS: Single G13 Type button battery (LR44) fx-85MS/fx-300MS: Solar cell ... (1 hour use per day). Dimensions: fx-82MS: 18.6 (H) ҂ 85 (W) ҂ 156 (D) mm ... (W) ҂ 155 (D) mm 1/2Љ (H) ҂ 3 3/8Љ (W) ҂ 6 1/8Љ (D) Weight: fx-82MS: 125 g (4.4 oz) including ...
- Casio FX300MS | User Guide - Page 40
CASIO COMPUTER CO., LTD.
6-2, Hon-machi 1-chome Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 151-8543, Japan
SA0311-C Printed in China CA 310120-001V03