LG DLG3788W manual table of contents:
- LG DLG3788W | Owners Manual - Page 1
... DLE 5977 B/D LG 5988 B DLE3777W/DLG3788W
Thank you for buying an LG dryer. Please read your owner's manual carefully, as it provides instructions on safe installation, use, and maintenance. Retain it for future reference and record the model and serial numbers of ...
- LG DLG3788W | Owners Manual - Page 2
Not to mention time efficiency, unmatched big capacity, you can ... REQUIREMENTS REQUIREMENTS FOR ELECTRIC DRYER ...FOR GAS DRYERS ...
PART6. GAS REQUIREMENTS
AND INSTRUCTIONS ...AND ...
PART8. OPERATING YOUR DRYER ...PART9. TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE ...
LG DRYER LIMITED WARRANTY ......
- LG DLG3788W | Owners Manual - Page 3
Name Power supply
Dryer label regarding detailed
: Please refer information.
to the rating
• Size • Dryer capacity • Weight(Ibs)
: 68....subject to change
Dryer rack (1 each)
- LG DLG3788W | Owners Manual - Page 4
... from the date of purchase, if this dryer is installed and operated according to the instructions in this manual, LG will repair or replace any of its mechanical or electrical parts if they are ...the model number and serial number of your new LG dryer.
Model No. Serial No. Date ...
- LG DLG3788W | Owners Manual - Page 5
1) Read all instructions before using the appliance. 2) Do not dry articles that have ... not repair or replace any part of the appliance or attempt any servicing unless specifically recommended ... place items exposed to cooking oils in your dryer. Items contaminated with cooking oils may ...
- LG DLG3788W | Owners Manual - Page 6
... substances can be minimized further by properly venting the dryer to the outdoors.
To reduce the risk of fire or explosion, ...information, including those in this manual and instructions and information provided by your gas supplier,... can completely remove oil. Do not dry any articles that have ever ...
- LG DLG3788W | Owners Manual - Page 7
The following instructions will help guide you through the initial steps of setting up your ...and use of your dryer, and it is important that you review this entire manual before proceeding ...installation or use. More detailed instructions concerning electrical connections, gas connections, and exhaust ...
- LG DLG3788W | Owners Manual - Page 8
...of thedryerfromlefttorightorfromfrontto backshould notexceed 2.5cm(1 inch).If thedryer is not level,andif theslope exceeds 2.5cm(1 inch),.... Note: Othersections of this manual alsoprovide important information concerning theplacement of andclearances for your dryer.Please reviewthisentiremanual before...
- LG DLG3788W | Owners Manual - Page 9
... to the outdoors. Please follow the instructions carefully. (and all others in this manual) very
/_,, Detach... knockout as desired. (Right side vent not avitable on gas dryer.)
f PORTION A i "_
\ • Do... foil vent. • Failure to follow these instructions can result in death or fire. • Clean...
- LG DLG3788W | Owners Manual - Page 10
Following concerning are several warnings and instructions making the electrical connection for at
(Gas dryer only). In addition to the following, please refer to manual section on Gas ... Iron Pipe. Shut-Off within Valve-
inlet gas pressure)
2. Four-wire cord is requited for ...
- LG DLG3788W | Owners Manual - Page 11
... dryer. Plug in your dryer after reviewing following parts on your dryer's Electrical Requirements....
in Gas Dryers
Close the door to the dryer drum/drying compartment and,...after completing all steps in this manual for proper installation of this dryer, start the dryer on a heat setting,...
- LG DLG3788W | Owners Manual - Page 12
STEP 9: Additional
4) Electric 5) Gas
dryers may be vented to the outside using the back, left, right, or...4-wire connection. More detailed information concerning the electrical connection is provided at the manual section entitled Electrical Requirements for Electric Dryer 3) To ...
- LG DLG3788W | Owners Manual - Page 13
...wire must conform to local codes and with instructions mentioned on the following pages.
to a grounded
metal,...must select the method by which to wire your dryer according to local code and ordinance...). ELECTRICAL SERVICE FOR THE DRYER SHOULD BE OF MAXIMUM RATE VOLTAGE LISTED ON THE NAMEPLATE. DO NOT...
- LG DLG3788W | Owners Manual - Page 14
Review the following options to determine for your home:
4-wire connection ...5ft(l.52m) of extra length is required order for dryer to be able to be moved. Peel 5 in (12.7cm)...wire (NEMA receptacle type14-30R)
Use the instructions at this section if your home has...
- LG DLG3788W | Owners Manual - Page 15
... wherea 4-wire connection is needed are mobile homes and areas that local codes do not admit the use of 3-wire connections. At least, 5ft(1.52m) of extra length dryer to be able to move. Peel 5 in (12.7cm) of external is required for
- LG DLG3788W | Owners Manual - Page 16
...neutral wire, use these instructions. If your local codes or ordinances do not allow the... frame-grounding conductor to the neutral wire, use the instructions under Section 3-wire connection. 3: Optional
5. Insert tab of terminal
dryer rear panel. Secure cover with hold-down...
- LG DLG3788W | Owners Manual - Page 17
... 2: 4-wire connection with a Power supply cord.
• If your local codes or ordinances do not allow the use of a 3 wire connection, or you are installing your dryer in a mobile home, you must use a 4wire connection.
a. b. c. d. ...
- LG DLG3788W | Owners Manual - Page 18
...• If your local codes or ordinances connection of a frame-grounding neutral wire, use the instructions section.
do not allow the conductor to the under this
1. Remove.... block cover into slot of
5. Insert tab of terminal
dryer rear panel. Secure cover with hold-down
- LG DLG3788W | Owners Manual - Page 19
...Prong Following are additional instructions regarding electrical connections
Plug for gas dryers.
and ... laundry room does not meet the specifications required by this manual, or if you are uncertain ... electric company, review your laundry room's electrical supply for any problems.
- LG DLG3788W | Owners Manual - Page 20
for the gas supply and service for
gas dryers. ...gas supply piping system by closing its individual manual shut-off valve, during any ...Install a shut-off • Securely valve. gas
dryer, any disassembly requires the attention and ...
- LG DLG3788W | Owners Manual - Page 21
Following are important instructions and information concerning the exhaust requirements for your dryer. ,_t ...space, chimney, gas vent, or concealed space of a building. To reduce the risk of fire, DO NOT... 4 90 ° elbows.
and Instructions: 3. Rigid metal duct is recommended. Do...
- LG DLG3788W | Owners Manual - Page 22
the dampers are moving freely, that the dampers are not pushed in and that nothing has been .... Label all wires prior to disconnection when servicing the dryer, because wiring errors can ...
d) After the residue with hot water.
e) After drying the lint screen with a clean towel, firmly ...
- LG DLG3788W | Owners Manual - Page 23
...entire manual, including the Important Safety Instructions, before operating this dryer. DLE5977W/DLG5988W/DLE5977B/DLG5988B
*SENSOR DRY DELICATES *MANUAL DRY
MORE TIME 0... laundry Loading. into dryer and shut door. See
Do not dry anything anything...
- LG DLG3788W | Owners Manual - Page 24
Close the door. Press START/PAUSE. NOTE: Drying will continue from where the cycle
START/PAUSE was interrupted if ...Manual Dry Cycle
• Select a Manual Dry Cycle.
Properly loading your dryer can lower ....
14 wash cloths
• If you do not press START/PAUSE
minutes of selecting the...
- LG DLG3788W | Owners Manual - Page 25
...to prevent unintended cycle or option changes during dryer operation. To enable the Child Lock feature: ...the drying cycle that matches you are drying. (See Sensor Dry or Manual charts.) the type of load
... drying small loads or loads that need a short drying time. • Freshen Up
Use for permanent •...
- LG DLG3788W | Owners Manual - Page 26
Use Modifiers to select temperatures for the Manual Cycles. Press TEMP. CONTROL until ...prevents wrinkles that form when you cannot unload the dryer promptly at the end of a cycle. During this option,... WRINKLE
Air Dry is not available Cycles.
with Sensor Dry
dryer stops after ...
- LG DLG3788W | Owners Manual - Page 27
... you do not want to tumble dry, including sweaters and similar items. The heated dryer rack ... Dry temperature setting. Refer to the following table. • Start the dryer.
10. Anti Bacterial
3. Make sure that ... DUTY, COTTON/TOWELS, and NORMAL cycles.
dryer is evenly placed right onto the drum inside ...
- LG DLG3788W | Owners Manual - Page 28
.... To store a CUSTOM PROGRAM. l. Select a cycle 2. Change DRY LEVEL 3. Select OPTIONS
of the ... filter after each use and check it before use. Not cleaning or emptying the filter will increase drying time and energy consumption, therefore dryer life expectancy could be ...
- LG DLG3788W | Owners Manual - Page 29
Troubleshooting Tips Save time and money! Review the charts on the following pages first and you may not need to call for service.
Dryer Won "t Start
• Is the...
on My Clothes
your fabric softener product '_ • Are you drying clean and dirty clothes together? • Were ...
- LG DLG3788W | Owners Manual - Page 30
...static in my clothes
• Did you overload
your ...Softener to reduce static electricity.
time is not consistent
I What to Do
• Are you ...type of heat used (electric, natural or LP gas), the size of the load, the type of fabrics, the wetness...
- LG DLG3788W | Owners Manual - Page 31
review 0f the appropriat e Sections Of this manual that the exhaust ductwor k is pmper!y...,
, Did you Over!oad your dryer?
• Did you under load your... but will shrink when dried in a dryer.
• Are you following the care instructions for your garment...
- LG DLG3788W | Owners Manual - Page 32
... choose the appropriate prompt. have product type (Dryer), model number, serial number, and ...1-year of labor covers the cost of In-Home Service on all parts including the Drum Tub and ... LAW, IT IS LIMITEDIN DURATIONTO THEEXPRESS WARRANTYPERIODABOVE. LG WILLNOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL,INDIRECT,...