LG LRFD25850ST manual table of contents:
- LG LRFD25850ST | User Guide - Page 1
BO'I-I'OM FREEZER REFRIGERATOR
Please read this guide thoroughly before operating and keep it handy for reference at all times.
'rEUR R I"EUR
avant de mettre & portee de la
- LG LRFD25850ST | User Guide - Page 2
20 21 21 22 22
Safety Instructions Grounding Requirements
Parts and Features Refrigerator Unpacking Installation Removing and Replacing Handles ... 26 Icemaker Line 27 28-31 32-35
Pull out Drawer Water Filter Care and Cleaning
and Door Alignment
Base Cover Using Your Refrigerator Proper Air ...
- LG LRFD25850ST | User Guide - Page 3
Your LG Refrigerator will be will repaired or replaced, at LG's option, if it proves to be defective in material ...appropriate option to locate your nearest LG Authorized Service Center. (Phones are answered 24 ...other than intended purpose. Repairs when your LG refrigerator is used in other than normal...
- LG LRFD25850ST | User Guide - Page 4
LIMITED WARRANTY (CANADA) LG REFRIGERATOR
LG Electronics will repair or at its option replace, without charge, yore product which...-542-2623 (1-888-LG-CANADA) and choose the appropriate prompt. Please have product type (refrigerator) and ZIP Code ready. See our website at http:iA_vw.lg.ca This wananty...
- LG LRFD25850ST | User Guide - Page 5
... appliance. • DO NOT allow children to climb, stand or hang on the refrigerator doors or shelves ... cold surfaces. • In refrigerators with automatic icemakers, avoid contact with the moving parts of the ejector mechanism... be refrozen and should not be eaten. Thawed ice cream should be discarded. If...
- LG LRFD25850ST | User Guide - Page 6
Child entrapment and suffocation are not problems of the past. Junked or abandoned refrigerators are still dangerous...even ... children may not easily climb inside.
Your old refrigerator may have a cooling ..., make sure the CFC refrigerant is removed for proper disposal by a qualified servicer. If you ...
- LG LRFD25850ST | User Guide - Page 7
...of the items listed below. The locations of the features shown below may not match your model.
Refrigerator Light (p.25) Filter (Inside) (p.24) Modular Door Bins (p.21) Shelves (p.18) Optibin Crisper (p.19) (Keeps fruits and vegetable...
- LG LRFD25850ST | User Guide - Page 8
... labels from your refrigerator before using. Do not remove any warningtype labels, the model ...dish soap over the adhesive with your fingers. Wipe with warm water and dry. Do ...use.
When Moving Your Refrigerator: Your refrigerator is heavy. When moving the refrigerator for cleaning or service, be sure ...
- LG LRFD25850ST | User Guide - Page 9
... move refrigerator through a house door, it maybe necessary to remove the refrigerator door handles. NOTE: Handle appearance may vary from illustrations on this page. 1. Removing Refrigerator Handle
• Grasp the handle tightly with both hands and slide the handle ...
- LG LRFD25850ST | User Guide - Page 10
... Handle appearance may vary from illustrations on this page. 1. Replacing Refrigerator Door Handle • Align keyhole slots (1) on the top and bottom of the back of the handle with ... on door
2. Replacing Freezer Drawer Handle • Align keyhole slots (4) on the right and left sides of ...
- LG LRFD25850ST | User Guide - Page 11
1. Removing Refrigerator Door A, CAUTION: Before you begin, unplug the refrigerator. Remove food and bins from doors. • Left Door 1. Disconnect water supply tube by pushing back on the disconnect ring (4). 2. ...
- LG LRFD25850ST | User Guide - Page 12
2. Replacing Refrigerator • Right Door
1. Lower the door onto middle hinge pin (10). 2. Fit top hinge ... screw (6) and connect the three wire harnesses (5). 4. Connect door switch wire harness (2). 5. Insert the water supply tube (4) into the connector tube until you see only one scale mark. ...
- LG LRFD25850ST | User Guide - Page 13
...the top of door to unhook door supports from rail system. Lift door up to remove.
CAUTION: When you remove the drawer, do not hold handle. If it comes off, ... risk. DO NOT allow them to play inside of drawer. WARNING: DO NOT step or sit down on Freezer Door.
- LG LRFD25850ST | User Guide - Page 14
AND DOOR ALIGNMENT
Your refrigerator has two front leveling screws--one ... unsteady or you want the doors to close easier, adjust the refrigerator's tilt using the instructions below: ... sure that they close easily. If not, tilt the refrigerator slightly more to the rear by turning ...
- LG LRFD25850ST | User Guide - Page 15
... Reset : When the FILTER RESET LED turns on, you have to change the water filter. Press the FILTER RESET button for 3 seconds to turn LED off. You need to change the water filter approximately every 6 months. WARNING: work. 15 If a door is open, the dispenser does not
- LG LRFD25850ST | User Guide - Page 16
... on interior shelf, not on door shelf. • Wash, let dry, and store in refrigerator in plastic bags or ... off bruised and discolored areas. Wash in cold water and drain. Place in plastic bag or ... in crisper.
Eggs CONDITION/ REASON: • REFRIGERATOR section too wa rm - Door opened often - Large amount ...
- LG LRFD25850ST | User Guide - Page 17
NOTE: For further information about preparing food for freezing or food storage times, check a... a glass until you hear click to get cold water.
• Heavy-duty aluminum foil...
- LG LRFD25850ST | User Guide - Page 18
... make finding the exact item you want easier; it will also reduce the amount of time the refrigerator door is open, saving energy. IMPORTANT: Do not clean glass shelves with warm water when they are cold. Shelves may break if exposed to sudden temperature changes or ...
- LG LRFD25850ST | User Guide - Page 19
... with rails To remove crisper: 1. Pull drawer out to full extension. 2. Lift the front of basket up and ... without rails 1. To remove, pull drawer out to full extension. 2. Lift the front of the crisper, then pull ... out. 3. To install, slightly tilt up the front and insert drawer into frame and push ...
- LG LRFD25850ST | User Guide - Page 20
... flap: 1. Raise the door flap as high as it will open. 2. Press the plastic hinge toward the center of the door flap with your finger. 3. Lift the door out of its place. 4. To replace, reverse above procedure.
CRISPER COVER WITH LATTICE SURFACE
To remove ...
- LG LRFD25850ST | User Guide - Page 21
... control that keeps the compartment colder than refrigerator temperature. The drawer also features a selfopening lid ...until it stops.
To replace Glide N Serve: 1. Push metal rails to the back of the refrigerator. 2. Place drawer ...: Somebody can be hurt if door bins are not firmly assembled. NOTE: DO ...
- LG LRFD25850ST | User Guide - Page 22
... and pull it out.
Store Egg Box on interior shelf, not on door shelf. A CAUTION: Do not use the egg box as an ice storage bin in the freezer ....
_, WARNING: Be careful when you open tilting door so that you do not injure your foot!
1. To remove ice bin,...
- LG LRFD25850ST | User Guide - Page 23
FREEZER WIRE DOOR RACK (LRFD25850** only)
To remove basket 1. Pull one of the brackets upward. 2. ... of divider over top edge of durabase. _, WARNING: When the guide of the freezer drawer is removed, children may crawl inside.
1. To remove, lift basket up and pull straight out.
- LG LRFD25850ST | User Guide - Page 24
... purge the system.
NOTE: To purchase replacement water filter cartridges, visit your local appliance dealer or part distributor. You can ....lgappliances.com or call 1-877-714-7481. The replacement water filter cartridge's part number is 5231JA2006B. Pull out the cartridge.
NOTE: There will be water ...
- LG LRFD25850ST | User Guide - Page 25
...can wash the inside of the refrigerator with a mixture of baking soda and warm water. Mix 2 tablespoons ...scratch the surfaces of the refrigerator. & CAUTION: While cleaning the inside, do not spray water.
DOOR ...petroleum on plastic refrigerator parts.
Do not use ...
- LG LRFD25850ST | User Guide - Page 26
... for 24 hours or less, keep both refrigerator doors closed to help foods stay ... in Using your Refrigerator for removable instructions. 6. Depending on the model, raise the front of the refrigerator so ... to the Installing Your Refrigerator section for preparation instructions. WARNING: DO NOT get alive...
- LG LRFD25850ST | User Guide - Page 27
... hours to begin making ice.
YOU MAY HEAR
The icemaker water valve will buzz as the icemaker fills with water. ... set the power switch to I (on). The icemaker will fill with water when it cools to freezing. A newly-installed refrigerator may take 12 to ...
- LG LRFD25850ST | User Guide - Page 28
...: Wear eye protection.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Copper Tubing, 1/4" outer diameter to connect the refrigerator to the water supply. Be ... much tubing you need: measure the distance from the water valve on the back of the refrigerator to the water supply pipe. Then add 8 feet...
- LG LRFD25850ST | User Guide - Page 29
TO THE VALVE
Fasten the shutoff valve to the cold water ... the tubing until the water is clear. Shut the water off at the water valve after about one...
Route the tubing between the cold water line and the refrigerator. Route the tubing through...
- LG LRFD25850ST | User Guide - Page 30
... Cover NOTE: • Before making the connection to the refrigerator, be sure the refrigerator power cord is not plugged into the wall outlet. 1. Loosen screw on top of plastic cover.
A CAUTION: Check to see if water dripping occurs at water line connections.
5. Bend the tube...
- LG LRFD25850ST | User Guide - Page 31
10.TURN THE WATER ON AT THE SHUTOFF VALVE
Tighten any connections that leak. Reattach the compressor compartment access cover.
IN THE ...
Arrange the coil of tubing so that it does not vibrate against the back of the refrigerator or against the wall. Push the refrigerator ...
- LG LRFD25850ST | User Guide - Page 32
... off. • Rattling noises may come from the flow of refrigerant, the water line, or items stored on top of... your refrigerator. Contraction and expansion of the inside walls may cause a popping noise. • Water ... hear water running into the drain pan during the defrost cycle.
Your new refrigerator may...
- LG LRFD25850ST | User Guide - Page 33
... to the Removing and Replacing Refrigerator handles and doors section on pages 9-13, or call a qualified service technician. • See Doors ...DOORS WILL NOT CLOSE COMPLETELY
The refrigerator is not level. Food packages are blocking the door open. The ice bin, crisper cover, ...
- LG LRFD25850ST | User Guide - Page 34
... either compartment. The water supply contains minerals such as sulfur. The interior of refrigerator needs cleaning. Ice storage bin...Smaller cube size level is selected. Water shutoff valve connecting refrigerator to water line may be clogged. The gaskets are dirty or sticky.
• Select larger cube ...
- LG LRFD25850ST | User Guide - Page 35
... builds up, and the more warm air the refrigerator must cool. In order to keep ...humid weather, air carries moisture into refrigerator when doors are opened. • It is normal for droplets to form ... been added to the refrigerator or freezer. The food is not packaged correctly.
The doors are not closing...
- LG LRFD25850ST | User Guide - Page 36