Optoma EP749 manual table of contents:
- Optoma EP749 | User Manual - Page 1
... & safety notices
This appendix lists the general notices of your Projector.
This device ... with the limits for a Class B digital device pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC rules. These limits ...if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio...
- Optoma EP749 | User Manual - Page 2
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: 1. this ..., including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Notice: Canadian users
This Class B digital apparatus complies with Canadian ICES-003.
Remarque à lମ.
- Optoma EP749 | User Manual - Page 3
... Projector ...12 Powering Off the projector ...13 Warning Indicator ...13 Adjusting the Projector Image ... Lamp Setting ...30
Troubleshooting ...32 Replacing the Lamp ...36 Compatibility Modes ... Commands ...38 Ceiling Mount Installation ...39 Optoma Global Ofﬁces ...40
- Optoma EP749 | User Manual - Page 4
...unit to cool down, and follow all changing instructions. Warning- This product will detect the life ...Hours" function from the On Screen Display "Lamp Setting" menu after replacing the lamp module (refer... its cooling cycle before disconnecting power. Warning- Turn on the projector ﬁrst and then...
- Optoma EP749 | User Manual - Page 5
Turn off the product before cleaning. Use a soft cloth moistened with mild detergent to clean the display housing. Disconnect the power plug from AC outlet if the product is not being used for a long period of...
- Optoma EP749 | User Manual - Page 6
Congratulations and Thank You for choosing Optoma projector. This product is a XGA single chip 0.55" DLP® .../NTSC4.43/PAL/PAL-M/PAL-N/SECAM and HDTV compatible (480i/p, 576i/p, 720p, 1080i) ...and high quality full screen image re-scaling User friendly control panel One built-in ...
- Optoma EP749 | User Manual - Page 7
... immediately if anything is missing.
Projector with lens cap
Power Cord 1.8m
VGA Cable 1.... regions may have different accessories. Wireless Remote Controller
RS232 Cable 1....Documents :
User's Guide Quick Start Card Warranty Card Quick Troubleshooting Guide
- Optoma EP749 | User Manual - Page 8
8 1 9 8
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. English 6
Control Panel Zoom Lever Power Socket Focus Ring Elevator Foot Elevator Button IR Receiver Tilt Adjusting Feet Connection Ports
- Optoma EP749 | User Manual - Page 9
1 2 3 4 7
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10.
Power/Standby LED Temp Indicator LED Lamp Indicator LED Enter Menu (On/Off) Source Select Keystone +/Re-Sync Four Directional Select Keys Power/Standby
- Optoma EP749 | User Manual - Page 10
1 8 2 3 4 5 6 7
1. DVI-D Input Connector (PC Digital/HDTV/HDCP Input) 2. VGA1-In SCARTConnector (PC Analog signal/SCART RGB/HD/Component Video Input) 3. Audio Input Connector 4. S-Video Input Connector 5. Composite Video Input Connector 6. Monitor Loop-...
- Optoma EP749 | User Manual - Page 11
Remote Control with Mouse Function and Laser Pointer
8 9 10 11
3 4 5 6 7
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14.....
13 14 15 16
19 20 21
Freeze Volume +/Power Re-Sync Display Mode Keystone +/Four Directional Select Keys & Number Buttons (0~3) Laser Button AV Mute Wide...
- Optoma EP749 | User Manual - Page 12
Connecting the Projector
Connect the Computer/Notebook
Audio Output (For Active Speakers)
... country, some regions may have different accessories.
1...Power Cord 2...RS232 Cable 3...Audio Input Cable 4...VGA to VGA Cable 5...DVI to DVI Cable 6...Audio ...
- Optoma EP749 | User Manual - Page 13
... in applications DVD Player, Set-top Box, for each country, HDTV receiver some regions may have different accessories. 1...Power Cord 2...Composite Video Cable ... for YPbPr 7...VGA to VGA Cable 8...VGA to 3 RCA Component/HDTV Adapter 9...Audio Output Cable
Audio Output (For Active ...
- Optoma EP749 | User Manual - Page 14
... On/Off the Projector
Powering On the Projector
1. Remove the lens cap. 2. Ensure that the power cord and... LED will turn red. 3. Turn on the lamp by pressing "Power/Standby" button on the control panel... source key on remote control to switch.
Turn on the projector ﬁrst and...
- Optoma EP749 | User Manual - Page 15
...turns red, it indicates a problem with the lamp. Turn off the projector and disconnect the power cord from the electrical outlet, then contact your local dealer or our service center... disconnect the power cord from the electrical outlet, then contact your local dealer or our service center...
- Optoma EP749 | User Manual - Page 16
Adjusting the Projected Image
Adjusting the Projector Image Height
The projector is equipped with elevator foot for adjusting the image height.
To raise .... 3. Use screw in feet to ﬁne-tune the display angle.
Tilt Adjusting Feet
- Optoma EP749 | User Manual - Page 17
Adjusting the Projector Zoom / Focus
You may turn the zoom lever to zoom in or out. To focus the image,... clear. The projector will focus at distances from 3.9 to 39.4 feet (1.2 to 12.0 meters). Zoom Lever Focus Ring
Adjusting Projection Image Size
Di ag o
- Optoma EP749 | User Manual - Page 18
... control the functions: Remote Control and Control Panel.
Using the Control Panel
Power/Standby Source... Keys Enter Keystone Re-Sync
Refer to the “Power On/Off the Projector” section on pages 12-13...¬rm your item selection. Adjusts image distortion caused by tilting the projector (±16 degrees)....
- Optoma EP749 | User Manual - Page 19
... VGA2 DVI
Refer to the "Power On/Off the Projector" section on pages 12-13. Automatically synchronizes the projector to the input source. Adjusts image distortion caused by tilting the projector (±16 degrees). Aim the remote at the viewing screen, press and hold this button to activate the ...
- Optoma EP749 | User Manual - Page 20
The Projector has multilingual On Screen Display menus that allow you to make image adjustments ....
How to Operate
1. To open the OSD menu, press "Menu" on the Remote Control or
2. When OSD ...
keys to select the desired item and adjust the settings key.
4. Select the next item...
- Optoma EP749 | User Manual - Page 21
- Optoma EP749 | User Manual - Page 22
There are many factory presets optimized for various ...difference between the lightest and darkest parts of the picture. Adjusting the contrast changes the amount of black ...peaking. If you prefer a brighter image, adjust towards the maximum setting. For a smooth and ...
- Optoma EP749 | User Manual - Page 23
...s selection. For example:
Display mode Colour Temp. PC sRGB Photo Low Movie User sRGB High User Mid
When you adjust the colour setting item, ... the image. Sharpness
Adjusts the sharpness of the image.
“Saturation” and “De-interlace” functions are only supported under Video ...
- Optoma EP749 | User Manual - Page 24
.... position" and "Ver. position" functions are only supported under Computer mode.
"Phase" synchronizes the signal timing of the display with the graphic card. If you experience an ...-16x9, letterbox source and for users
who use external 16x9 lens to display 2.35:1 aspect ratio...
- Optoma EP749 | User Manual - Page 25
Display area Picture area
Display on Screen
Ver. Shift (16:9)
Adjust the image position up or down, when you select the aspect ratio of 16:9.
Ver. Shift (16:9): Image Position at window mode will also be moved accordingly.
- Optoma EP749 | User Manual - Page 26
..., Yellow, Cyan
and Magenta colors for advanced adjustment of the individual colors.
Full Range: + Red
When you adjust the colour setting item, the colour temperature will ... the same for all display mode. For example:
Icon L M U S H Colour Temp. Low Mid User sRGB High
- Optoma EP749 | User Manual - Page 27
...-i (480i/576i) Video / S-Video
When we adjust color setting the current color temperature ...base of "User". For example: 1.) Colour temp. is Mid 2.) User creates his favorite color based on "Mid" setting of colour temperature. So when user switches colour temperature to "User", will ﬁnd ...
- Optoma EP749 | User Manual - Page 28
Choose the multilingual OSD menu. Use the your preferred language. Press "Enter" to ﬁnalize the selection. or key to select
- Optoma EP749 | User Manual - Page 29
Choose the menu location on the display screen.
Front-Desktop The factory default setting. Rear-...project from behind a translucent screen with ceiling mounted projection.
Source Lock On: The projector will search speciﬁed connection port....
- Optoma EP749 | User Manual - Page 30
...volume. Keystone (Keystone Correction)
Adjusts image distortion caused by tilting projector. (±16 degrees)...and settings to the factory default values.
Allows RS232 control of an individual.... (ﬁrst time) 3. Use number buttons on the remote to select your password, and then...
- Optoma EP749 | User Manual - Page 31
2. Use number button to enter current password, and then press ... buttons on remote. To change password, follow change password instructions above). when turning on the projector.... ■ Disable: Choose "Disable" to be able to switch on the projector without password veriﬁcation.
- Optoma EP749 | User Manual - Page 32
Choose "On" to dim the projector lamp which will lower power consumption and extend the lamp life ... projector.
Auto Power On
Choose "On" to power on the projector automatically when the power cord has connected. Choose "Off" to return to normal mode.
Auto Power Off
- Optoma EP749 | User Manual - Page 33
Sets the countdown timer interval. The timer will begin, with or without a signal input. Then the projector will automatically power off then the sleep timer countdown has ﬁnished.
- Optoma EP749 | User Manual - Page 34
If you experience trouble with the projector, refer to the following information. If the problem persists, please ... pins of connectors are not crooked or broken. Check if the projection lamp has been securely installed. Please refer to the "Replacing the lamp" section. ...
- Optoma EP749 | User Manual - Page 35
...: The screen of the Notebook or PowerBook computer is not displaying a presentation
If you are using a Notebook ... 22) Check and reconﬁgure the display mode of your graphic card to
make ... with the product.
Problem: Image is out of focus
Adjusts the Focus Ring on the projector lens.
- Optoma EP749 | User Manual - Page 36
make a loud popping sound. If this happens, the projector will not turn on until the lamp module has been replaced. To replace the lamp, ... the Lamp". (See page 36)
Problem: LED lighting message
Message Standby State (Input power cord) Warming Normal Mode Cooling Flashing Flashing Power-LED (...
- Optoma EP749 | User Manual - Page 37
Problem: Message Reminders
Replace the lamp:
- Optoma EP749 | User Manual - Page 38
... least 30 minutes before changing the lamp.
Lamp Replacement Procedure:
Warning: To reduce the risk of... injury, do not drop the lamp module or touch the lamp bulb. The bulb may shatter .... 2. Allow the projector to cool down for at least 30 minutes. 3. Disconnect the power cord. 4. Use ...
- Optoma EP749 | User Manual - Page 39
VESA VGA VESA VGA VESA VGA VESA VGA VESA VGA VESA VGA VESA VGA VESA VGA VESA VGA VESA SVGA VESA SVGA VESA SVGA VESA SVGA VESA SVGA VESA XGA VESA XGA VESA XGA VESA XGA * VESA SXGA * VESA SXGA * VESA SXGA * VESA SXGA * VESA SXGA * VESA SXGA+ MAC LC 13" MAC II 13" MAC 16" MAC 19" * ...
- Optoma EP749 | User Manual - Page 40
RS232 Connector VGA-In Connector
5 10 15
4 9 14
3 8 13 7
Pin no. 1 2 3
I/O (From Projector Side OUT IN __
Pin no. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
- Optoma EP749 | User Manual - Page 41
... Mount Installation
1. To prevent damaging your projector, please use the ceiling mount package ... ensure the screws used to attached a mount to the projector meet the following speciﬁcations:
Please ... the projector near sources of heat such as airconditioning units and heaters otherwise it may ...
- Optoma EP749 | User Manual - Page 42
...-4228 Fax: 905-882-4229 www.optoma.com
42 Caxton Way, The Watford Business... City, Taipei Taiwan 231, R.O.C. Service : email@example.com
Tel : +886-2-2218...-8968 Fax: +852-2370-1222 www.optoma.com.hk
5F, No. 1205...-62947376 Fax: +86-21-62947375 www.optoma.com.cn