LG UN200 manual table of contents:
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 1
P/NO : MFL67107401(1.0) H
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 2
Copyright ©2011 LG Electronics, Inc. All rights reserved. LG and the LG logo are registered trademarks of LG Group and its related entities. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 3
...Further detailed information is given in this user guide.
WARNING! Violation of the instructions may cause serious ...cause the battery to explode. 2. Never place your phone in a microwave oven as it will cause the battery to explode....riding in a car, do not leave your phone or set up the hands-free kit...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 4
..., benzene, thinners, etc.) or detergents to clean your phone. This could cause a fire.
I m p o r ta n t S a f ety P ... Do not drop, strike, or shake your phone severely. It may harm the internal circuit boards... shock or fire. 14. Do not handle the phone with wet hands while it is being charged. It may ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 5
... use the batteries and chargers provided by LG. The warranty will not be applied to products provided .... 23. Only authorized personnel should service the phone and its accessories. Faulty installation ... under any 1, circumstances, even when your phone is locked. Your phone's preprogrammed emergency ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 6
Turning the Phone On Turning the Phone Off
Turning the Phone On and Off 23
FCC Part 15 Class B Compliance 10
Signal Strength Screen ... Adjustments Call Waiting Caller ID Speed Dialing 26 26 26 26 27 27
Phone Overview Menu Overview
Getting Started with Your Phone 22 4
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 7
Entering and Editing Information
Phone Menus 28
35 36 36 37
Contacts in Your Phone's Memory 29
The Basics of Storing Contacts Entries 29 Phone Numbers With Pauses
Storing a Number with Pause or Wait Adding a Pause or Wait to an Existing ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 8
... World Clock 6. Stopwatch 7. Unit Converter
62 62 63 63 63 64
1.1 Ringtones 1.2 Volume & Vibrate 1.3 Message Alerts 1.4 Alert Type 1.5 Service Alerts 1.6 Power On/Off Tone
64 65 65 65 66 66
1. Voice Command
1.1 Start Command
1.1.2 Voicemail 1.1.3 Missed Calls 1.1.4 Messages 1.1.5...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 9
3.1 Lock Phone 3.2 Restrictions 3.3 Emergency Numbers 3.4 Change Lock Code... PAC-MAN
7. Web Access Prompt 8. Memory 9. Phone Info
My Contacts Backup
Exposure to Radio Frequency Signal Antenna Care Phone Operation Tips on Efficient Operation Driving Electronic...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 10
...! Important safety information 88
Avoiding hearing damage Using your phone safely Using headsets safely 88 88 89
FDA Consumer ...SAR
89 100 104
Some content in this user guide may differ from your phone depending on the phone software. Features and specifications are subject to change without prior ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 11
Thank you for choosing the UN200 cellular phone, designed to operate with the latest digital mobile communication... such as greatly enhanced voice clarity, this compact phone offers:
Any Key answer, Auto ... Inc. and any use of such marks by LG Electronics is under license. Other trademarks ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 12
This user's guide provides important information on the use and operation of your phone. Please read all the information carefully prior ... a trimode phone that operates on among (Code Division Multiple Access CDMA) frequencies: cellular services at ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 13
...FCC RF Exposure Information WARNING! Read this information before operating the phone.
In August 1996, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) of ... set by both U.S. and international standards bodies. The design of this phone complies with the FCC guidelines and these international standards.
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 14
...Non-signaling data comm. Speech CODEC Short message service Packet Data Position Determination Service (gpsOne) High Speed Packet Data Cellular base station Cellular mobile station PCS personal station PCS base station Speech CODEC
Te c h n i c a l D eta i l s
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 15
This device was tested for typical use with the back of the phone kept 0.79 inches (2.0 cm) from the body.... between the user's body and the back of the phone, including the antenna, whether extended or retracted.... between the user's body and the back of the phone and have not been tested...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 16
...Any changes or modifications not expressly approved in this user guide could void your warranty for this equipment. Use... antenna) could impair call quality, damage the phone, void your warranty and/or violate FCC regulations. Don't use the phone with a damaged antenna. A damaged antenna could cause a...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 17
...a residential installation. This equipment generates uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 18
1. Earpiece Lets you hear the caller. 2. LCD Screen Displays messages and status icons....Menu. 8. Menu/OK Key Lets you access the phone's main menu and also selects the highlighted choice...12. Lock Mode Key Use to lock and unlock the phone (from the Home screen, press and hold for about 3...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 19
... volume during a call. 3. Charger/Accessory Port Connects the phone to the battery charger or other available accessories.
You can use your computer to charge your phone. Connect one end of a USB cable to the Charger/Accessory port on your phone and the other end to a high-power USB port ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 20
Your phone features a QWERTY keypad, specifically designed for easy and comfortable text entry. The QWERTY keypad uses a ... out of menus, one level at a time.
4. Lock Mode Key allows you to lock the phone. Press the Right Soft Key, then the OK Key to unlock the phone.
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 21
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. New Contact Contact List Favorites Groups Speed Dials My vCard 4. Edit Voicemail Number 9. Delete All 1. Delete Inbox 2. Delete Outbox 3. Delete Drafts 4. Delete All Messages 1. My Images 2. Default 4. Sounds 1. My Sounds 2. Default
easyedge My Schedule
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 22
... Alerts 1. Text Message 2. Picture Message 3. Voicemail 4. All Messages
2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. M e nu O ve r v i ew
5. Message Reminder 4. Alert Type 5. Service Alerts 1. Minute Beep 2. Call Connect 3. Back to Top 4. Low Battery 6. Power On/Off Tone 2. Display 1. Wallpaper 1. My Images 2. Default 2. ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 23
...Dial Font Style 3. Dial Font Size 8. Word Prediction 3. Security 1. Lock Phone 2. Restrictions 3. Emergency Numbers 4. Change Lock Code 5. Master Reset 4. ... 2. Location 7. Web Access Prompt 8. Memory 1. Reserved Memory 2. Multimedia
9. Phone Info 1. My Number 2. Current Battery Level 3. ESN/MEID 4. ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 24
...battery cover, then sliding the cover downward. 2. Alight the battery contacts with the phone terminals at the top of the battery compartment (see image 1), then snap...the battery into place (see image 2).
Removing the Battery
1. Turn the phone off. 2. Remove the battery cover by pressing down on at ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 25
Charging the Battery
Use the charger provided with your phone. Warning! Use only the charger provided with... one included with the UN200 may damage your phone or battery.
Battery Charge Level
The battery charge...battery charge level becomes exceedingly low, the phone automatically switches off and any ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 26
... Yo u r P h o n e
To see the icon glossary, go to Menu -> Settings -> Phone Info -> Icon Glossary on your phone...calls are restricted, you can only dial phone numbers saved as Emergency Numbers or in your ...Security -> Enter the Lock Code -> Restrictions -> Allow All ->Enter the Service Lock
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 27
... hold down for 2 seconds to go back to the Home screen.
1. When the phone rings and/or vibrates, press to answer (depending on your Answer Options).
G ... Key Only / Any Key/ Auto with Handsfree
If you unlock the phone and press (the Volume Keys) while the phone is ringing, the ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 28
... lower Volume Key decreases the volume. Sets your phone to require a 4-digit password in order to use the phone.... Use to adjust
The Mute function is available during a phone call. To quickly activate Mute during a ... volume level and press
Your cellular service may offer call waiting. While a ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 29
... incoming call. Check with your cellular service provider for information about this function. 1. During a call... number and dial that phone number for you. Speed Dial Number 1 is set to your..., the name will appear along with the phone number. Check with your service provider for availability.
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 30
Entering and Editing Information
You can customize and enter text in many of the functions in your phone, including, but not limited to the Banner, Calendar, Contacts and messages. While entering text, the following are your options:
Shift Key: Press to change capitalization T9Word : ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 31
... Contacts Entries
Contacts in Your Phone's Memory
Phone Numbers With Pauses
When you call automated ... string of digits. Pause (P)
5. Enter a name for the phone number (up to 32 characters) Save.... press A confirmation message is displayed briefly.
The phone waits 2 seconds before sending the next ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 32
Contacts in Your Phone's Memory
Storing a Number with Pause or Wait
1. Press 2. Press
C o n ta c ts i n Yo u r P h o n e 's M e m o r y
Adding a Pause or Wait to an Existing Number
1. Press 2. Press 3. Press
4. Enter a...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 33
Searching Your Phone's Memory
The UN200 phone is able to perform a dynamic search of the contents in your phone's Contact List. A dynamic search compares entered letters or numbers on the keypad against the entries in your Contacts. A matching list is displayed in descending order. You can then ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 34
... From Your Phone's Memory
Set as Favorite: Set the contact as a Favorite.
C o n ta c ts i n Yo u r P h o n e 's M e m o r y
Once you have stored phone numbers in your Contacts, you can place calls to those numbers quickly and easily.
Delete Multiple: Choose from Selective/ All to delete ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 35
...ts i n Yo u r P h o n e 's M e m o r y
4. Use to highlight the Contact entry, then press View. 5. Use to highlight the phone number. 6. Press to place the call.
3. Use to highlight the type of recent call, then press .
Missed Calls/Received Calls/Dialed Calls/All Calls
4. Use entry. 5. Press
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 36
The Contacts menu allows you to store names, phone numbers and other information in your phone's memory.
When you access your Contacts, the number in parentheses represents the number of entries you have stored (up to 1000).
4. When you are finished entering the desired ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 37
Send Message/ Delete/ Edit/ Delete Multiple/ Send via Bluetooth/ Set Speed Dial/ Set as Favorite
Press the Right Soft Key Options to select from the following options:
3. Select whether you want to add a favorite from your Contacts/ Groups. 4. Use to scroll through your Contacts or Groups ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 38
Allows you to view your grouped Contacts, add a new group, change the name of a group, or delete a whole group. 1. Press , , . 2. Choose from the following options:
5. Speed Dials
Allows you to view your Speed Dials list, designate new Speed Dials, or remove Speed Dial ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 39
...via Bluetooth. 1. Press , , .
The phone can store up to 835 messages,...folder. The information stored in the message is determined by phone model and service capability. Other limits..., may exist. Please check with your service provider for system features and capabilities...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 40
The Basics of Sending a Text Message
1. Press , , . 2. Enter the recipient's address in the To field. 3. Press field. to access the text
Call History To select a recipient from your Call History. Recent Messages Choose Inbox/ Outbox to select a recipient from your Recent Messages.
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 41
Message Icon Reference Inbox
New/Unread Text/Picture Message
2. Enter the recipient's address. 3. Use or press to access the text field. 4. Press the Right Soft Key Options. 5. Use to highlight an option and press .
Opened/Read Text/Picture Message New/Unread Notification ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 42
2. New Picture Message
Allows you send messages with text, image and audio attachments. 1. Press , , .
2. Enter the recipient's address, or press the Right Soft Key Options to search recent contacts and press to select the desired contact. 3. Use to access the Subject and Text ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 43
... To: field
Contacts/ Call History/ Recent Messages/ Groups/ Online Album/ Cancel Preview/ Add/ Go to/ Save As/ Priority Level/ Remove/ Cancel
The phone can alert you in several ways when you receive a new message, including:
* Editing the Subject/Text field
Displaying a notification ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 44
2. Use to highlight a message. 3. Press the Left Soft Key Reply/ D-load to reply to the message or download the attachment, the Right Soft Key Options, or View/ Chat to view the message. The following options are available in the Options menu: For text messages: View/ Change View Type/ ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 45
...SMS and 50 MMS) can be stored in the Outbox folder. View the contents of sent messages and verify whether the transmission was successful (if verification is supported by network). 1. Press , , .
Delete/ Forward/ Save Contact/ Lock/ Message Info/ Delete Multiple
M es s a g i n g
3. While viewing ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 46
Delete Deletes the selected message. Forward Forwards the message to other destination address(es).
Displays saved draft messages. 1. Press , , .
Save Contact Stores the callback number, e-mail address, and numbers in the sent message into your Contacts. Save To Templates ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 47
Allows you to access new voice messages recorded in your voicemail. Your phone will notify you when you receive a new voice message.
Allows ..., and add text phrases. These text phrases allow you to reduce manual text input into messages. 1. Press , , .
Checking Your Voicemail
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 48
1. Press , Allows you to configure Messaging settings. 2. Use to highlight All Messages/ Text Message/ Picture Message/ Edit Voicemail Number and press . 3. Use to highlight one of the sub-menus and press to select it. , . you will have the choice to reply with a Text or ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 49
... display on your screen when they are received.
Edit Voicemail Number
Allows you to manually enter the access number for your Voicemail Service. This feature should only be used when a VMS (Voicemail Service) access number is not provided ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 50
1. Press 2. Use
The Call History menu has lists of phone numbers and/or Contacts entries for calls you missed, received, and dialed. It is continually updated as new numbers are added to the beginning of the list and the oldest entries are removed from the ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 51
... scroll through the
Last Call/ Home Calls/ Roam Calls/ All Calls
View, take, and share your digital pictures and audio right from your wireless phone.
3. Press the Left Soft Key Reset to reset the call timer for the highlighted call type.
1. Take Photo
1. Press , ,
6. Data Counter
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 52
... Album will send the picture to your online album for storage. View will offer the following options:
Save Allows you to save the photo to your phone. Gallery Saves the photo and opens your My Images gallery.
Settings Tab Quality Fine/ Normal/ Economy Shutter Sound None/ Sound 1/ ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 53
...time of recording. OR , , .
Allows you to view the saved images on your phone. You can also select images to customize your phone's Main Screen or Picture ID. 1. Press 2. Use to highlight My Images/ Default then press . 3. Use to highlight ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 54
... Automatically enhances an image by enhancing white balance, contrast and local boost.
Allows you to access saved audio clips or create new ones on your phone. 1. Press , , .
2. Press the Left Soft Key Voice to record an audio clip.
Press the Left Soft Key Sounds to access My Sound.
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 55
3. Press Record to begin recording. 4. While recording, press the Left Soft Key Pause to pause, or Stop to stop recording. 5. When you are finished recording, press the Left Soft Key Save to save the Send to send audio clip, the audio clip to somebody else, or press the Right Soft Key Options to ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 56
easyedge allows you to do more than just talk on your phone. easyedgeSM is a technology and service that allows you to download and use applications on your phone. With easyedgeSM, it is quick and easy to personalize your phone to suit your lifestyle and ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 57
...the Left Soft Key Set to set an alarm time. Once you set the desired time, press .
Allows you to store and access your agenda(s). Simply enter your appointments in the Calendar, and your phone can (depending on your settings) alert you with a reminder. 1. Press 2. Use , , .
to highlight a day.
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 58
Moves to the previous day. Moves to the next day. Moves to the previous week. Moves to the next week. 3. Press the Left Soft Key New. 4. Use to highlight the field you wish to edit, then press the Left Soft Key Set to edit the following schedule information:
Allows you ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 59
...content. Accessibility and selections within this feature are dependent upon your service provider. For specific information on the Web, contact your service provider.
1. Press , .
M y S c h e d u l e / B rows e r
OR To edit a note, highlight the entry...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 60
The Browser Menu provides the following toolbar options:
G G G
Home Returns you to the Homepage. Back To go back to the previous page.
Forward If available, takes you back to the next page.
Go to URL Allows you to enter a Web address to visit.
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 61
Advanced Shows you the information of the Browser, including the version and license information.
Allows you to use voice commands to use your phone, including to make phone calls quickly and easily by voice. This feature is useful for those who are driving or blind. It also announces time ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 62
... say "Call". 2. Say the Contact name (and phone type, if necessary) or number. , , , , .
1.1.3 Missed Calls
... Command Key and say "Missed Calls". 2. The phone will prompt you to dial each number. ... Voice Command Key and say "Messages". 2. The phone will prompt you to dial each number from...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 63
1.1.5 Time & Date
1. Press OR From the Home screen, press the Voice Command Key and say "Time & Date
2. Select an option. Normal/ Speed
1.3 Announce Alert
Allows you to customize Announce Alert. Announce Alert lets your hear more information about an incoming call or message instead of, or ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 64
1.5 Best Match
Allows you to choose whether the phone displays 1 or up to the 4 closest matches when using the "Call or " function. 1. Press , , , .
Press the Left Soft Key Reset to erase the entry. Press the Right Soft Key Options for additional calculating options. ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 65
...the highlighted city.
5. World Clock
Allows you to determine the current time in another time zone or country. 1. Press , , .
Allows you to use your phone as a stopwatch. 1. Press 2. Press Start to start the Stopwatch and press Stop to stop it.
To o l s
2. Press the Left ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 66
...press the Left Soft Key Reset.
Allows you to customize your phone's sounds.
7. Unit Converter
Allows you to convert units of Currency, ...to highlight the ringtone.
Play to preview the 5. Press ringtone or the Left Soft Key Set to set the ringtone to your phone.
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 67
... Sounds or Default. 4. Use to highlight the ringtone.
Play to preview the 5. Press alert tone or the Left Soft Key Set to set the alert tone to your phone.
For Message Reminder, choose from Once/ Every 2 Minutes/ Every 15 Minutes/ Off and press .
1.3 Message Alerts
1.4 Alert Type
S ett i n g s
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 68
... you scroll through the end of a menu list.
1.5 Service Alerts
Allows you to set any of the Service Alert preferences. 1. Press , , , 2. Select an alert type. .
1.5.4 Low Battery
Alerts ...during a call.
Allows you to set the phone to sound a tone when the phone is powered on and off....
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 69
Allows you to customize your phone's display screen.
3. Use field.
to highlight ...Allows you to choose the kind of background to be displayed on the phone. 1. Press 2. Select My Images or Default. ...Soft Key Set to set the wallpaper to your phone.
4. Press the Left Soft Key ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 70
... & Calendar
2. Use to highlight English or Español, then press .
3. Use to highlight an option, then press . Options for Font Type
Allows you to select the type of clocks displayed on the main LCD screen. 1. Press , , , .
LG Gothic/ LG Greentea/ LG Mint/ LG Round/ LG Secret
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 71
The Security menu allows you to secure the phone electronically.
Options for Dial Font Size
3.1 ...2. Use to highlight On/ Off, then press . 1. Press , , , .
Keeps your phone from unauthorized use. Once the ... Code is entered. You can still receive phone calls and make emergency calls. You...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 72
... Emergency Numbers).
Unlock The phone remains unlocked by default, until it is locked manually.
option, then ... and press to set. 6. Enter the four-digit Service Lock Code.
You can receive the incoming calls from saved contacts on your phone when Contacts Only is on.
S ett i n g s
Allows you ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 73
... these emergency numbers and 91 1, even when the phone is locked or restricted. 1. Press , , .
3.4 Change Lock ....
Call & Applications Allows you to change the Service Lock Code that is used to access the Restrictions ...70). 5. Enter the four-digit Lock Code.
Phone Only Allows you to change the Lock ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 74
6. Enter a new 4-digit Lock Code. 7. For confirmation, the phone will ask you to enter the new Lock Code again...
The Call Settings menu allows you to designate how the phone handles both incoming and outgoing calls.
Allows you to reset your phone settings to the factory default settings. 1. Press
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 75
Allows you to set the length of time the phone waits before automatically redialing a number ...offers inherent voice privacy. Check with your service provider for availability. 1. Press , , , .
4.3 One Touch ... allows you to use features on your phone that do not require wireless communications....
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 76
... to communicate with parties also using a TTY device. A phone with TTY support is able to translate typed characters to voice. Voice ...on the TTY device. 1. Press , , , .
The UN200 is compatible with devices that support the Bluetooth® Headset, HandsFree, Dial Up Networking, Serial Port...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 77
Read the user guide of each Bluetooth® accessory that you are trying to pair with your phone because the instructions may be different. ... held responsible for compatibility issues with devices not sold by the service provider or phone manufacturer.
For pairing new Bluetooth® device
1. Press ,...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 78
- The phone will Auto-pair. - You will need to confirm matching codes. - You will need to enter a passkey. Consult the Bluetooth® accessory instructions for the correct passkey (typically "0000" - 4 zeroes). Enter the passkey and press . 7. ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 79
6.1.1 System Select Allows you to set up the phone producer's management environment. Leave this setting as the default ...you want to alter system selection as instructed by your service provider.
S ett i n g s
Allows the phone to automatically switch between programmed telephone ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 80
... Number and SID Number. This information should only be used for technical support. 1. Press
3. Use to highlight On/ Off, then press .
Allows you to turn On or Off the Location function on your phone. If set to On, locationbased services are able to access your GPS (Global ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 81
... you to check out the memory status of your phone. 1. Press , , .
Tone Room Deluxe
The Tone Room ... book and automatically saves a copy of the names, phone numbers, and email addresses stored in ... and edit your contacts online. 1. Press
The Phone Info menu provides you with specific information...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 82
...) adopted RF exposure guidelines with safety levels for handheld wireless phones. Those guidelines are consistent with the safety standards previously set by ... of research to develop the ANSI Standard (C95.1). The design of your phone complies with the FCC guidelines (and those standards).
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 83
... require it.
S a f ety
Tips on Efficient Operation For your phone to operate most efficiently:
Don't touch ...affects call quality and may cause the phone to operate at a higher power level than ...shielded against the RF signals from your wireless phone.
Check the laws and regulations ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 84
... six (6) inches be maintained between a handheld wireless phone and a pacemaker to avoid potential interference ... of such interference, you may want to consult your service provider (or call the customer ... this information.
S a f ety
Should ALWAYS keep the phone more than six (6) inches from their ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 85
...your phone OFF in health care facilities when any regulations posted in these areas instruct... interfering with blasting operations, turn your phone OFF when in a "blasting area" or in areas posted....
Potentially Explosive Atmosphere
Turn your phone OFF when in any area with a potentially explosive...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 86
... vertically into the wall power socket. Use the correct adapter for your phone when using the battery pack charger abroad. Only use the approved battery charger. Otherwise, you may cause serious damage to your phone.
S a f ety
For Vehicles Equipped with an Air Bag
An air bag inflates with ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 87
...be empty before recharging. Use only LG-approved chargers specific to your phone model since they are designed to maximize battery life. Do.... The self-protection function of the battery cuts the power of the phone when its operation is in an abnormal state. In this case, remove the battery...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 88
...excessive heat or fire. If you put your phone in a pocket or bag without covering the receptacle of ...a coin, paperclip or pen) may short-circuit the phone. Always cover the receptacle when not in use.
... containing magnetic components such as a credit card, phone card, bank book, or subway ticket near...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 89
...safe place with the power cord unplugged. Using the phone in proximity to receiving equipment (i.e., TV or radio)..., take it to an LG Authorized Service Center.
Do not paint your phone. The data ... be deleted due to careless use, repair of the phone, or upgrade of the software. Please backup your ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 90
...may occur if you use your phone and/or headset at a high volume. Set ... volume limit on your phone, see the features guide for your phone.
Using your ... while driving. Stop using your phone if you find it disruptive or distracting... the amount of time you use your phone and/or headset at high volume.
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 91
... any other activity that requires your full attention.
1. Do wireless phones pose a health hazard?
The available scientific evidence does not show that any health problems are associated with using wireless phones. There is no proof, however, that wireless phones ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 92
...studies, or in determining the reasons for inconsistent results. recall the phones so that the hazard no longer exists.... authority to take action if wireless phones are shown to emit Radio Frequency (RF... of wireless phones to notify users of the health hazard and to repair, replace, or
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 93
The FDA shares regulatory responsibilities for wireless phones with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). All ... health agencies for safety questions about wireless phones. The FCC also regulates the base stations... those they can get from wireless phones. Base stations are thus not the subject...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 94
...) energy because of the short distance between the phone and the user's head. These RF ... federal health and safety agencies. When the phone is located at greater distances from the user, the exposure... (RF) energy exposures characteristic of wireless phones have yielded conflicting results that often...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 95
... about longterm exposures, since the average period of phone use in these studies was around three ...needed to decide whether RF exposure from wireless phones poses a health risk?
S a f ety
A combination ... studies of people actually using wireless phones would provide some of the data that are needed...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 96
... in measuring actual RF exposure during day-to-day use of wireless phones. Many factors affect this measurement, such as the angle at which... FDA doing to find out more about the possible health effects of wireless phone RF?
The FDA is working with the U.S. National Toxicology Program and with groups ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 97
...Development Agreement (CRADA) to do research on wireless phone safety. The FDA provides the scientific oversight,... laboratory studies and studies of wireless phone users. The CRADA will also include a broad .... The FCC limit for RF exposure from wireless phones is set at a Specific Absorption Rate (SAR...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 98
... improve the consistency of measurements made at different laboratories on the same phone. SAR is the measurement of the amount of
S a f ety
8. What has the FDA done to measure the Radio Frequency energy coming from wireless phones?
The Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) is ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 99
... matter. This measurement is used to determine whether a wireless phone complies with safety guidelines.
9. What steps can I... to Radio Frequency energy from my wireless phone?
If there is a risk from these products ... data do not demonstrate that wireless phones are harmful. But if you are concerned ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 100
... governments have advised that children be discouraged from using wireless phones at all. For example, the government in the United Kingdom distributed leaflets...scientific evidence that any health hazard exists.
1 What about wireless phone 1. interference with medical equipment?
Radio Frequency (RF...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 101
... the IEEE in 2000. The FDA continues to monitor the use of wireless phones for possible interactions with other medical devices. Should harmful interference ... will conduct testing to assess the interference and work to resolve the problem.
12. Where can I find additional information? For additional ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 102
... anytime. An important responsibility accompanies the benefits of wireless phones, one that every user must uphold....your first responsibility. When using your wireless phone behind the wheel of a car, practice good ... your instruction manual and learn to take advantage of valuable features most phones ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 103
...use a handsfree device. A number of hands-free wireless phone accessories are readily available today. Whether you choose .... 3. Make sure you place your wireless phone within easy reach and where you can reach ... the road. 5. Don't take notes or look up phone numbers while driving. If you are reading...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 104
...to divert your attention from the road. 8. Use your wireless phone to call for help. Your wireless phone... and your family in dangerous situations -- with your phone at your side, help is only three ... phone to help others in emergencies. Your wireless phone provides you a perfect opportunity to
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 105
... attention, but are not urgent enough to merit a call for emergency services. But you can still use your wireless phone to lend a hand. If you see a brokendown vehicle posing no ... the manner in which a driver may use his or her phone while operating a vehicle.
S a f ety
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 106
Consumer Information on SAR
(Specific Absorption Rate)
This model phone meets the government's requirements for exposure to radio waves. Your wireless... effects of RF energy. The exposure Limit for wireless mobile phones employs a unit of measurement known as the Specific Absorption Rate, or...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 107
... station antenna, the lower the power output. Before a phone model is available for sale to the public, it must be...tested for typical body-worn operations with the back of the phone kept 0.79 inches (2.0 cm) between ... between the user s body and the back of the phone. Third-party belt-clips, holsters,...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 108
... guidelines. The highest SAR value for this model phone when tested for use at the ear is 1.22 W/kg and when worn on the body, as described in this user's manual, is 0.79 W/kg. While there may ... the FCC ID number for a particular phone, follow the instructions on the website and it should provide...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 109
... be compatible with hearing-aids. The intent of the HAC Act is to ensure reasonable access to telecommunications services for persons with hearing disabilities. While some wireless phones are used near some hearing devices (hearing aids and cochlear ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 110
... way to evaluate it for your personal needs. M-Ratings: Phones rated M3 or M4 meet FCC ... generate less interference to hearing devices than phones that are not labeled. M4 is the better/higher of ... generate less interference to hearing devices than phones that are not labeled. T4 is the better/higher ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 111
... standard. To enter that the Hearing Aid Compatibility rating for your phone is maintained, secondary transmitters such as Bluetooth components must be ...if you hear any interfering noise. Consult your service provider or the manufacturer of this phone for information on hearing aid compatibility. If ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 112
For information about hearing aids and digital wireless phones
Wireless Phones and Hearing Aid Accessibility http://www.accesswireless.org/hearingaid/
FCC Hearing Aid Compatibility and Volume Control http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/consumerfacts/hac_wireless.html
Gallaudet University, RERC http://...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 113
There are a variety of accessories available for your mobile phone. Consult your local dealer for availability. Optional items are sold separately.
The battery charger allows you to charge your phone battery.
Standard battery is available.
Ac c es s o r ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 114
Limited Warranty Statement
1. WHAT THIS WARRANTY COVERS:
LG offers you a limited warranty that the enclosed subscriber unit and its enclosed accessories ... of purchase. (6) The customer shall bear the cost of shipping the product to the Customer Service
L i m i te d Wa r ra n ty S tate m e n t
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 115
... cost of shipping the product back to the consumer after the completion of service under this limited warranty.
which are not the fault ...unless caused directly by defects in material or workmanship. (4) That the Customer Service Department at LG was not notified by consumer of the alleged defect or ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 116
... unit that does not conform to this limited warranty. LG may choose at its option to use functionally ... or software that you have added to your phone. It is therefore recommended that you back-up ... such data or information prior to sending the unit to LG to avoid the permanent loss of such information...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 117
... vary from state to state.
5. HOW TO GET WARRANTY SERVICE:
To obtain warranty service, please call or fax ...lgservice.com. Correspondence may also be mailed to: LG Electronics Service- Mobile Handsets
DO NOT .... Please call or write for the location of the LG authorized service center nearest you and ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 118
10 Driver Safety Tips 100
Accessories 1 1 1 Airplane Mode 73 Alarm Clock 55 Alert Type 65 All Calls 48 Announce Alert 61 Answer Options 72 Auto Retry 73
Backlight 67 Banner 67 Battery Charge Level 23 Best Match 62 Bluetooth 74 Browser 57
Calculator 62 Calendar 55 Call History ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 119
Getting Started with Your Phone 22 Groups 36
Images 51 Important Safety ... Location 78 Lock Mode 26 Lock Phone 69
Making Calls 24 Master Reset...Outbox 43
PAC-MAN 79 Phone Info. 79 Phone Numbers With Pauses 29 Phone Overview 16 Power On/Off Tone 66
Quick Access to Convenient Features ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 120
... 24 Searching Your Phone's Memory 31 Security 69 Service Alerts 66 Settings 46, 64 Signal Strength 24 ... 59 Train Word 61 TTY Mode 74 Turning the Phone On and Off 23
Wallpaper 67 Warning! Important ... 69 World Clock 63
Unit Converter 64 Using Phone Menus 34
I n d ex
Table of Contents 4 ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 121
Printed in China