LG UN200 manual table of contents:
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 1
P/NO : MFL67107401(1.0) H
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 2
Copyright ©2011 LG Electronics, Inc. All rights reserved. LG and the LG logo are registered trademarks of LG Group and its related entities. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 3
...1. Never use an unapproved battery since this could damage the phone and/or battery and could cause the battery to explode. 2. Never place your phone in a microwave oven as it will cause the battery to explode. 3. ... injured. 6. Do not use a hand-held phone while driving. 7 Do not use the ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 4
..., benzene, thinners, etc.) or detergents to clean your phone. This could cause a fire.
I m p o r ta n t S a f ety P ... Do not drop, strike, or shake your phone severely. It may harm the internal circuit boards... shock or fire. 14. Do not handle the phone with wet hands while it is being charged. It may ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 5
...storms to avoid electric shock or fire. 22. Only use the batteries and chargers provided by LG. The warranty will not be applied to products provided by other suppliers. 23. Only authorized personnel should service the phone and its accessories. Faulty installation or...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 6
1 4 9
Installing the Battery Removing the Battery
Battery Charge Level
Turning the Phone On Turning the Phone Off
Turning the Phone On and Off 23
FCC Part 15 Class B... Speed Dialing 26 26 26 26 27 27
Phone Overview Menu Overview
Getting Started ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 7
Entering and Editing Information
Phone Menus 28
35 36 36 37
Contacts in Your Phone's Memory 29
The Basics of Storing Contacts Entries 29 Phone Numbers With Pauses
Storing a Number with Pause or Wait Adding a Pause or Wait to an Existing ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 8
...Calculator 5. World Clock 6. Stopwatch 7. Unit Converter
62 62 63 63 63 64
1.1 Ringtones 1.2 Volume & Vibrate 1.3 Message Alerts 1.4 Alert Type 1.5 Service Alerts 1.6 Power On/Off Tone
64 65 65 65 66 66
1. Voice Command
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 9
5.4 My Bluetooth Info
6.1 Network 6.2 Location
3.1 Lock Phone 3.2 Restrictions 3.3 Emergency Numbers 3.4 Change Lock Code 3.5 Master Reset
69 70 71 71 72
Tone Room Deluxe PAC-MAN
7. Web ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 10
...Update 10 Driver Safety Tips Consumer Information on SAR
89 100 104
Some content in this user guide may differ from your phone depending on the phone software. Features and specifications are subject to change without prior notice.
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 11
Thank you for choosing the UN200 cellular phone, designed to operate with the latest digital mobile communication technology, Code Division Multiple Access ...word mark and logos are owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by LG Electronics is under license....
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 12
... or modifications will void your warranty. including interference that causes undesired operation.
The UN200 is a trimode phone that operates on among (Code Division Multiple Access CDMA) frequencies: cellular services at...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 13
...FCC RF Exposure Information WARNING! Read this information before operating the phone.
In August 1996, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) of ... set by both U.S. and international standards bodies. The design of this phone complies with the FCC guidelines and these international standards.
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 14
...BS PCSC-RS Intersystem operations Non-signaling data comm. Speech CODEC Short message service Packet Data Position Determination Service (gpsOne) High Speed Packet Data Cellular base station Cellular mobile station PCS personal station PCS base station Speech ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 15
This device was tested for typical use with the back of the phone kept 0.79 inches (2.0 cm) from the body.... between the user's body and the back of the phone, including the antenna, whether extended or retracted.... between the user's body and the back of the phone and have not been tested...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 16
... antennas (or modifications to the antenna) could impair call quality, damage the phone, void your warranty and/or violate FCC regulations. Don't use the phone with a damaged antenna. A damaged antenna could cause a minor skin burn. Contact your local dealer for a ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 17
...a residential installation. This equipment generates uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 18
... and My Menu. 8. Menu/OK Key Lets you access the phone's main menu and also selects the highlighted choice when navigating ...to the Home screen. 12. Lock Mode Key Use to lock and unlock the phone (from the Home screen, press and hold for about 3 seconds). 13. Microphone Lets callers hear you.
P h o n...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 19
... and the Earpiece volume during a call. 3. Charger/Accessory Port Connects the phone to the battery charger or other available accessories.
You can use your computer to charge your phone. Connect one end of a USB cable to the Charger/Accessory port on your phone and the other end to a high-...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 20
Your phone features a QWERTY keypad, specifically designed for easy and comfortable text entry. The QWERTY keypad uses a ... out of menus, one level at a time.
4. Lock Mode Key allows you to lock the phone. Press the Right Soft Key, then the OK Key to unlock the phone.
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 21
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. New Contact Contact List Favorites Groups Speed Dials My vCard 4. Edit Voicemail Number 9. Delete All 1. Delete Inbox 2. Delete Outbox 3. Delete Drafts 4. Delete All Messages 1. My Images 2. Default 4. Sounds 1. My Sounds 2. Default
easyedge My Schedule
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 22
...Currency 2. Area 3. Length 4. Mass 5. Temperature 6. Volume 7. Velocity
1. Sound 1. Ringtones 1. All Calls 2. Caller ID 3. No Caller ID 4. Restricted Calls 2. ... 7. M e nu O ve r v i ew
5. Message Reminder 4. Alert Type 5. Service Alerts 1. Minute Beep 2. Call Connect 3. Back to Top 4. Low ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 23
... Size 8. Word Prediction 3. Security 1. Lock Phone 2. Restrictions 3. Emergency Numbers 4. Change Lock Code 5. Master Reset 4. Call Settings 1. Answer ... 7. Web Access Prompt 8. Memory 1. Reserved Memory 2. Multimedia
9. Phone Info 1. My Number 2. Current Battery Level 3. ESN/...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 24
...important to fully charge the battery before initial use of the phone.
1. Remove the battery cover by pressing down on at the topcenter of the battery ... image 2).
Removing the Battery
1. Turn the phone off. 2. Remove the battery cover by pressing down on at the topcenter of the battery cover, then ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 25
... provided with your phone. Warning! Use only the charger provided with the phone. Using any charger other than the one included with the UN200 may damage your phone or battery.
Battery Charge Level
The battery charge level is shown at the top ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 26
... Yo u r P h o n e
To see the icon glossary, go to Menu -> Settings -> Phone Info -> Icon Glossary on your phone...turned on, use the keypad to enter the phone number (include the area code if needed). 2. Press ...calls are restricted, you can only dial phone numbers saved as Emergency Numbers or in your ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 27
... 2 seconds to go back to the Home screen.
1. When the phone rings and/or vibrates, press to answer (depending on ... / Any Key/ Auto with Handsfree
If you unlock the phone and press (the Volume Keys) while the phone is ringing, the ringing and/or vibration is muted for that call....
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 28
...n t Fe at u res
Until you change it, the default lock code/password is the last 4 digits of your phone number.
To quickly lock your phone press for three seconds and then enter your Lock Code. To unlock, press the Right Soft Key Unlock and enter the Lock Code.
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 29
... switch between calls.
can be assigned to a specific phone number. Then, by pressing and holding ..., the name will appear along with the phone number. Check with your service provider for availability.
Dialing ... is a convenient feature that allows you to make phone calls quickly. A number key
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 30
Entering and Editing Information
You can customize and enter text in many of the functions in your phone, including, but not limited to the Banner, Calendar, Contacts and messages. While entering text, the following are your options:
Shift Key: Press to change capitalization T9Word : ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 31
... Contacts Entries
Contacts in Your Phone's Memory
Phone Numbers With Pauses
When you call automated ... string of digits. Pause (P)
5. Enter a name for the phone number (up to 32 characters) Save.... press A confirmation message is displayed briefly.
The phone waits 2 seconds before sending the next ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 32
Contacts in Your Phone's Memory
Storing a Number with Pause or Wait
1. Press 2. Press
C o n ta c ts i n Yo u r P h o n e 's M e m o r y
Adding a Pause or Wait to an Existing Number
1. Press 2. Press 3. Press
4. Enter a...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 33
Searching Your Phone's Memory
The UN200 phone is able to perform a dynamic search of the contents in your phone's Contact List. A dynamic search compares entered letters or numbers on the keypad against the entries in your Contacts. A matching list is ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 34
...C o n ta c ts i n Yo u r P h o n e 's M e m o r y
Once you have stored phone numbers in your Contacts, you can place calls to those numbers... highlight a number and press . Use Speed Dialing.
Send via Bluetooth: Send a contact(vCard) via Bluetooth®.
Set Speed Dial/ Remove Speed Dial: Set the ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 35
...ts i n Yo u r P h o n e 's M e m o r y
4. Use to highlight the Contact entry, then press View. 5. Use to highlight the phone number. 6. Press to place the call.
3. Use to highlight the type of recent call, then press .
Missed Calls/Received Calls/Dialed Calls/All Calls
4. Use entry. 5. Press
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 36
The Contacts menu allows you to store names, phone numbers and other information in your phone's memory.
When you access your Contacts, the number in parentheses represents the number of entries you have stored (up to 1000).
4. When you are finished entering the desired ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 37
Send Message/ Delete/ Edit/ Delete Multiple/ Send via Bluetooth/ Set Speed Dial/ Set as Favorite
Press the Right Soft Key Options to select from ...Left Soft Key
Assign to add a 2. Press favorite.
Right Soft Key : [Options] View/ Remove/ Remove Multiple OK Key : [Chat]
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 38
Allows you to view your Speed Dials list, designate new Speed Dials, or remove Speed Dial designations entered in your Contacts. 1. Press , , . 2. Use... to choose from the following options: Delete/ Send Message/ Rename Group/ Group Ringtone/ Delete All/ Set as Favorite
C o n ta c ts
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 39
...you can then send to others via Bluetooth. 1. Press , , .
The phone can store up to 835 messages, including a maximum ...the Drafts folder. The information stored in the message is determined by phone model and service capability. Other limits, such as...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 40
The Basics of Sending a Text Message
1. Press , , . 2. Enter the recipient's address in the To field. 3. Press field. to access the text
Call History To select a recipient from your Call History. Recent Messages Choose Inbox/ Outbox to select a recipient from your Recent Messages.
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 41
Message Icon Reference Inbox
New/Unread Text/Picture Message
2. Enter the recipient's address. 3. Use or press to access the text field. 4. Press the Right Soft Key Options. 5. Use to highlight an option and press .
Opened/Read Text/Picture Message New/Unread Notification ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 42
2. New Picture Message
Allows you send messages with text, image and audio attachments. 1. Press , , .
2. Enter the recipient's address, or press the Right Soft Key Options to search recent contacts and press to select the desired contact. 3. Use to access the Subject and Text ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 43
...Cancel Preview/ Add/ Go to/ Save As/ Priority Level/ Remove/ Cancel
The phone can alert you in several ways when you receive a new message, including:.../ Add Slide/ Go to/ Save As Draft/ Priority Level/ Remove/ Cancel Send.
M es s a g i n g
Received messages are...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 44
2. Use to highlight a message. 3. Press the Left Soft Key Reply/ D-load to reply to the message or download the attachment, the Right Soft Key Options, or View/ Chat to view the message. The following options are available in the Options menu: For text messages: View/ Change View Type/ ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 45
...SMS and 50 MMS) can be stored in the Outbox folder. View the contents of sent messages and verify whether the transmission was successful (if verification is supported by network). 1. Press , , .
Delete/ Forward/ Save Contact/ Lock/ Message Info/ Delete Multiple
M es s a g i n g
3. While viewing ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 46
Delete Deletes the selected message. Forward Forwards the message to other destination address(es).
Displays saved draft messages. 1. Press , , .
Save Contact Stores the callback number, e-mail address, and numbers in the sent message into your Contacts. Save To Templates ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 47
Allows you to access new voice messages recorded in your voicemail. Your phone will notify you when you receive a new voice message.
Allows ..., and add text phrases. These text phrases allow you to reduce manual text input into messages. 1. Press , , .
Checking Your Voicemail
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 48
1. Press , Allows you to configure Messaging settings. 2. Use to highlight All Messages/ Text Message/ Picture Message/ Edit Voicemail Number and press . 3. Use to highlight one of the sub-menus and press to select it. , . you will have the choice to reply with a Text or ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 49
Edit Voicemail Number
Allows you to manually enter the access number for your Voicemail Service. This feature should only be used ...g
1. Auto Receive (On/ Off)
With this set to On, Multimedia content will be automatically downloaded when a new picture message is received.
3. Use to highlight Yes/...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 50
1. Press 2. Use
The Call History menu has lists of phone numbers and/or Contacts entries for calls you missed, received, and ... as new numbers are added to the beginning of the list and the oldest entries are removed from the bottom of the list.
Note To quickly view a list of all ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 51
.../ All Calls
View, take, and share your digital pictures and audio right from your wireless phone.
3. Press the Left Soft Key Reset to reset the call timer for the highlighted call type.
1. Take Photo
1. Press , ,
6. Data ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 52
... the following options:
Save Allows you to save the photo to your phone. Gallery Saves the photo and opens your My Images gallery.
G... 2/ Sound 3/ Say Cheese Auto Save On/ Off Send Reminder On/ Off Reset Yes/ No
Send Allows you to send by Picture Message, via Bluetooth, or to your Online Album...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 53
Allows you to view the saved images on your phone. You can also select images to customize your phone's Main Screen or Picture ID. 1. Press 2. Use to highlight My Images/ ... for available Edit options.):
Send to send the file Press in a Picture Message or via Bluetooth.
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 54
... As/ Slide Show/ Edit/ Image Effects/ Take Photo/ Delete/ Rename/ Lock/Unlock/ List View/ File Info/ Sort By
Brightening Brightens the image. ...boost.
Allows you to access saved audio clips or create new ones on your phone. 1. Press , , .
2. Press the Left Soft Key Voice to record an audio clip.
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 55
... or press the Right Soft Key Options to access additional options: Set As (Ringtone/ Contact ID/ Alert Sounds)/ Rename/ Delete. 2. Use to ...
For My Sounds files: Set As/ Record Voice/ Delete/Rename/ Lock/Unlock/ File Info/ Sort By For Default files: Set As (Ringtone/ Contact ID/ Alert Sounds)
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 56
easyedge allows you to do more than just talk on your phone. easyedgeSM is a technology and service that allows you to download and use applications on your phone. With easyedgeSM, it is quick and easy to personalize your phone to suit your ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 57
...Once/ Daily/ Mon - Fri/ Weekends 6. Use to highlight Ringtone, press the Left Soft Key Set and browse for a ringtone. 7. Press
2. Use to highlight the alarm you wish to set, then press ...Simply enter your appointments in the Calendar, and your phone can (depending on your settings) alert you ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 58
...yourself. 1. Press , , .
2. Press the Left Soft Key New to write a new note. 3. Type the note, then press Save. A confirmation message displays briefly and your list of saved notes is displayed.
Subject End Time G Repeat G Ringtone 5. Press
Start Time Reminder G Until
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 59
...content. Accessibility and selections within this feature are dependent upon your service provider. For specific information on the Web, contact your service provider.
1. Press , .
M y S c h e d u l e / B rows e r
OR To edit a note, highlight the entry...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 60
...Settings Allows you to configure the following Browser settings:
Save Items Allows you to save items from the web page.
B rows e r
History Displays a list of visited web pages.
Downloads Allows you to configure whether you want to enable or disable image, background, and object downloads.
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 61
Advanced Shows you the information of the Browser, including the version and license information.
Allows you to use voice commands to use your phone, including to make phone calls quickly and easily by voice. This feature is useful for those who are driving or blind. It also announces time ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 62
... say "Call". 2. Say the Contact name (and phone type, if necessary) or number. , , , , .
1.1.3 Missed Calls
... Command Key and say "Missed Calls". 2. The phone will prompt you to dial each number. ... Voice Command Key and say "Messages". 2. The phone will prompt you to dial each number from...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 63
... you to customize Announce Alert. Announce Alert lets your hear more information about an incoming call or message instead of, or along with, your ringtone. 1. Press , , , .
1. Press , , , , . OR From the Home screen, press the Voice Command Key and say "Help".
1.2 Command Mode
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 64
1.5 Best Match
Allows you to choose whether the phone displays 1 or up to the 4 closest matches when using the "Call or " function. 1. Press , , , .
Press the Left Soft Key Reset to erase the entry. Press the Right Soft Key Options for additional calculating ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 65
...the highlighted city.
5. World Clock
Allows you to determine the current time in another time zone or country. 1. Press , , .
Allows you to use your phone as a stopwatch. 1. Press 2. Press Start to start the Stopwatch and press Stop to stop it.
To o l s
2. Press the Left ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 66
..., press the Left Soft Key Reset.
Allows you to customize your phone's sounds.
7. Unit Converter
Allows you to convert units of Currency,....
Play to preview the 5. Press ringtone or the Left Soft Key Set to set the ringtone to your phone.
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 67
... the setting. , , , .
3. Select My Sounds or Default. 4. Use to highlight the ringtone.
Play to preview the 5. Press alert tone or the Left Soft Key Set to set the alert tone to your phone.
For Message Reminder, choose from Once/ Every 2 Minutes/ Every 15 Minutes/ Off and ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 68
... you scroll through the end of a menu list.
1.5 Service Alerts
Allows you to set any of the Service Alert preferences. 1. Press , , , 2. Select an alert type. .
1.5.4 Low Battery
Alerts ...during a call.
Allows you to set the phone to sound a tone when the phone is powered on and off....
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 69
Allows you to customize your phone's display screen.
3. Use field.
to highlight ...Allows you to choose the kind of background to be displayed on the phone. 1. Press 2. Select My Images or Default. ...Soft Key Set to set the wallpaper to your phone.
4. Press the Left Soft Key ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 70
... & Calendar
2. Use to highlight English or Español, then press .
3. Use to highlight an option, then press . Options for Font Type
Allows you to select the type of clocks displayed on the main LCD screen. 1. Press , , , .
LG Gothic/ LG Greentea/ LG Mint/ LG Round/ LG Secret
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 71
... phone from unauthorized use. Once the phone is locked, it is in restricted mode until the Lock Code is entered. You can still receive phone calls and make emergency ...digit Lock Code. The default Lock Code is usually the last 4 digits of your phone number. 3. Press
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 72
... Enter the fourdigit Lock Code > Emergency Numbers).
Unlock The phone remains unlocked by default, until it is locked manually.
option, then press
2. ...four-digit Service Lock Code.
You can receive the incoming calls from saved contacts on your phone when Contacts Only ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 73
...call these emergency numbers and 91 1, even when the phone is locked or restricted. 1. Press , , .
3.4 Change Lock Code
Allows you to enter a new ... Restrictions menu (see page 70). 5. Enter the four-digit Lock Code.
Phone Only Allows you to change the Lock Code used to lock/unlock the phone.
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 74
6. Enter a new 4-digit Lock Code. 7. For confirmation, the phone will ask you to enter the new Lock Code again.... incoming and outgoing calls.
Allows you to reset your phone settings to the factory default settings. 1. Press
S ett i n g s
4.1 Answer Options
2. Enter the four-digit...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 75
Allows you to set the length of time the phone waits before automatically redialing a number ...offers inherent voice privacy. Check with your service provider for availability. 1. Press , , , .
4.3 One Touch ... allows you to use features on your phone that do not require wireless communications....
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 76
... to voice. Voice can also be translated into characters and then displayed on the TTY device. 1. Press , , , .
The UN200 is compatible with devices that support the Bluetooth® Headset, HandsFree, Dial Up Networking, Serial Port, ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 77
Read the user guide of each Bluetooth® accessory that you are trying to pair with your phone because the instructions may be different... the service provider or phone manufacturer.
For pairing new Bluetooth® device
1. Press , , ,
2. Follow the Bluetooth accessory instructions to set the...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 78
- The phone will Auto-pair. - You will need to confirm matching codes. - You will need to enter a passkey. Consult the Bluetooth® accessory instructions for the correct passkey (typically "0000" - 4 zeroes). Enter the passkey and ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 79
... the phone's NAM (Number Assignment Module) if the phone is registered with multiple service providers. 1. Press 2. Use to highlight NAM1 ... want to alter system selection as instructed by your service provider.
S ett i n g s
Allows the phone to automatically switch between programmed telephone ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 80
... Number and SID Number. This information should only be used for technical support. 1. Press
3. Use to highlight On/ Off, then press .
Allows you to turn On or Off the Location function on your phone. If set to On, locationbased services are able to access your GPS (Global ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 81
...Room Deluxe application allows you to browse and download new ringtones. 1. Press
2. Use to highlight Reserved Memory/ Multimedia and press
9. Phone Info
My...delete, and edit your contacts online. 1. Press
The Phone Info menu provides you with specific information about...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 82
...) adopted RF exposure guidelines with safety levels for handheld wireless phones. Those guidelines are consistent with the safety standards previously set by ... of research to develop the ANSI Standard (C95.1). The design of your phone complies with the FCC guidelines (and those standards).
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 83
... require it.
S a f ety
Tips on Efficient Operation For your phone to operate most efficiently:
Don't touch ...affects call quality and may cause the phone to operate at a higher power level than ...shielded against the RF signals from your wireless phone.
Check the laws and regulations ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 84
... six (6) inches be maintained between a handheld wireless phone and a pacemaker to avoid potential interference ... of Wireless Technology Research.
Should turn the phone OFF immediately if there is any ... this information.
S a f ety
Should ALWAYS keep the phone more than six (6) inches from their ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 85
...your phone OFF in health care facilities when any regulations posted in these areas instruct... interfering with blasting operations, turn your phone OFF when in a "blasting area" or in areas posted....
Potentially Explosive Atmosphere
Turn your phone OFF when in any area with a potentially explosive...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 86
... vertically into the wall power socket. Use the correct adapter for your phone when using the battery pack charger abroad. Only use the approved battery charger. Otherwise, you may cause serious damage to your phone.
S a f ety
For Vehicles Equipped with an Air Bag
An air bag inflates with ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 87
...The battery doesn't need to be empty before recharging. Use only LG-approved chargers specific to your phone model since they are ... self-protection function of the battery cuts the power of the phone when its operation is in an abnormal state. In this case, remove the battery from the ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 88
..., it may cause excessive heat or fire. If you put your phone in a pocket or bag without covering the receptacle of the phone (power plug pin), metallic articles... a coin, paperclip or pen) may short-circuit the phone. Always cover the receptacle when not in use.
Don't short-circuit ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 89
... phone in water. If this happens, turn it off immediately and remove the battery. If the phone does not work, take it to an LG Authorized Service Center.
Do not paint your phone. The data saved in your phone might be deleted due to careless ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 90
...may occur if you use your phone and/or headset at a high volume. Set ... volume limit on your phone, see the features guide for your phone.
Using your ... while driving. Stop using your phone if you find it disruptive or distracting... the amount of time you use your phone and/or headset at high volume.
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 91
...that requires your full attention.
1. Do wireless phones pose a health hazard?
The available scientific evidence does not show that any health problems are associated with using wireless phones. There is no proof, however, that wireless phones are absolutely safe. Wireless phones emit low levels of...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 92
... of wireless phones?
Under the law, the FDA does not review the safety of radiationemitting consumer products such as wireless phones before they can be sold, as it... is hazardous to the user. In such a case, the FDA could require the manufacturers of wireless phones to notify users of the...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 93
The FDA shares regulatory responsibilities for wireless phones with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). All ... health agencies for safety questions about wireless phones. The FCC also regulates the base stations... those they can get from wireless phones. Base stations are thus not the subject...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 94
...) energy because of the short distance between the phone and the user's head. These RF ... federal health and safety agencies. When the phone is located at greater distances from the user, the exposure... (RF) energy exposures characteristic of wireless phones have yielded conflicting results that often...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 95
... about longterm exposures, since the average period of phone use in these studies was around three ...needed to decide whether RF exposure from wireless phones poses a health risk?
S a f ety
A combination ... studies of people actually using wireless phones would provide some of the data that are needed...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 96
... in measuring actual RF exposure during day-to-day use of wireless phones. Many factors affect this measurement, such as the angle at which... FDA doing to find out more about the possible health effects of wireless phone RF?
The FDA is working with the U.S. National Toxicology Program and with groups ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 97
...Development Agreement (CRADA) to do research on wireless phone safety. The FDA provides the scientific oversight,... laboratory studies and studies of wireless phone users. The CRADA will also include a broad .... The FCC limit for RF exposure from wireless phones is set at a Specific Absorption Rate (SAR...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 98
... the body's ability to remove heat from the tissues that absorb energy from the wireless phone and is set ...directions for locating the FCC identification number on your phone so you can find your...) energy exposure from wireless phones and other wireless handsets with the participation and leadership...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 99
...my exposure to Radio Frequency energy from my wireless phone?
If there is a risk from these products - and at this point we do not know.... Again, the scientific data do not demonstrate that wireless phones are harmful. But if you are concerned about the RF exposure from these products, you can use ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 100
... governments have advised that children be discouraged from using wireless phones at all. For example, the government in the United Kingdom distributed leaflets...scientific evidence that any health hazard exists.
1 What about wireless phone 1. interference with medical equipment?
Radio Frequency (RF...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 101
... the IEEE in 2000. The FDA continues to monitor the use of wireless phones for possible interactions with other medical devices. Should harmful ... to the following resources: FDA web page on wireless phones (http://www.fda.gov/RadiationEmittingProducts/RadiationEmitting ProductsandProcedures/HomeBusi ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 102
10 Driver Safety Tips
Your wireless phone gives you the powerful ability to communicate by... dial and redial. Carefully read your instruction manual and learn to take advantage of valuable features most phones offer, including automatic redial and memory. Also,...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 103
...you. 3. Make sure you place your wireless phone within easy reach and where you can reach it without removing your eyes from the road....sleet, snow, and ice can be hazardous, but so is heavy traffic. As a driver, your first responsibility is to pay attention to the road. 5. ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 104
...to divert your attention from the road. 8. Use your wireless phone to call for help. Your wireless phone... and your family in dangerous situations -- with your phone at your side, help is only three ... phone to help others in emergencies. Your wireless phone provides you a perfect opportunity to
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 105
... to merit a call for emergency services. But you can still use your wireless phone to lend a hand. If you see a brokendown vehicle ... laws or other regulations may prohibit or otherwise restrict the manner in which a driver may use his or her phone while operating a vehicle.
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 106
Consumer Information on SAR
(Specific Absorption Rate)
This model phone meets the government's requirements for exposure to radio waves. Your wireless... effects of RF energy. The exposure Limit for wireless mobile phones employs a unit of measurement known as the Specific Absorption Rate, or...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 107
... station antenna, the lower the power output. Before a phone model is available for sale to the public, it must ... for typical body-worn operations with the back of the phone kept 0.79 inches (2.0 cm) between ... the back of the phone. Third-party belt-clips, holsters, and similar accessories containing ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 108
... to a particular model phone, this site uses the phone FCC ID number which is usually printed
S a f ety
somewhere on the case of the phone. Sometimes it may be necessary to remove the battery pack to find the number. Once you have the FCC ID ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 109
... (HAC Act) to require digital wireless phones be compatible with hearing-aids. The intent of the HAC... access to telecommunications services for persons with hearing disabilities. While some wireless phones are used... has developed a rating system for wireless phones, to assist hearing device users find...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 110
... way to evaluate it for your personal needs. M-Ratings: Phones rated M3 or M4 meet FCC ... generate less interference to hearing devices than phones that are not labeled. M4 is the better/higher of ... generate less interference to hearing devices than phones that are not labeled. T4 is the better/higher ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 111
... be some newer wireless technologies used in this phone that have not been tested yet ... interfering noise. Consult your service provider or the manufacturer of this phone for information on hearing aid... about return or exchange policies, consult your service provider or phone retailer.
S a f ety...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 112
For information about hearing aids and digital wireless phones
Wireless Phones and Hearing Aid Accessibility http://www.accesswireless.org/hearingaid/
FCC Hearing Aid Compatibility and Volume Control http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/consumerfacts/hac_wireless.html
Gallaudet University, RERC http://...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 113
There are a variety of accessories available for your mobile phone. Consult your local dealer for availability. Optional items are sold separately.... Charger
The battery charger allows you to charge your phone battery.
Standard battery is available.
Ac c ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 114
Limited Warranty Statement
1. WHAT THIS WARRANTY COVERS:
LG offers you a limited warranty that the enclosed subscriber unit and its enclosed accessories will be ...therefore, shall not be covered under these limited warranty terms. (5) Upon request from LG, the consumer must provide...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 115
Department of LG. LG shall bear the cost of shipping the product back to the consumer after the completion of service ... in material or workmanship. (4) That the Customer Service Department at LG was not notified by consumer of the alleged defect or malfunction of the product during the applicable ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 116
... use. (7) Damage resulting from use of non-LG approved accessories. (8) All plastic surfaces and all ... units. In addition, LG will not re-install or back-up any data, applications or software ... such data or information prior to sending the unit to LG to avoid the permanent loss of such information."...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 117
...e n t
Or visit http://us.lgservice.com. Correspondence may also be mailed to: LG Electronics Service- Mobile Handsets
DO NOT RETURN YOUR PRODUCT TO THE ABOVE ADDRESS. Please call or write for the location of the LG authorized service center nearest you and for...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 118
10 Driver Safety Tips 100
Accessories 1 1 1 Airplane Mode 73 Alarm Clock 55 Alert Type 65 ...67 Battery Charge Level 23 Best Match 62 Bluetooth 74 Browser 57
Calculator 62 Calendar 55 ... Waiting 26 Caller ID 27 Change Lock Code 71 Charging the Battery 23 Clocks & Calendar ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 119
Getting Started with Your Phone 22 Groups 36
Images 51 Important Safety Precautions 1 Inbox ... 1 12 Location 78 Lock Mode 26 Lock Phone 69
Making Calls 24 Master Reset 72 Memory 79 Menu Overview ... vCard 37
PAC-MAN 79 Phone Info. 79 Phone Numbers With Pauses 29 Phone Overview 16...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 120
... 24 Searching Your Phone's Memory 31 Security 69 Service Alerts 66 Settings 46, 64 Signal Strength 24 ... 59 Train Word 61 TTY Mode 74 Turning the Phone On and Off 23
Wallpaper 67 Warning! Important ... 69 World Clock 63
Unit Converter 64 Using Phone Menus 34
I n d ex
Table of Contents 4 ...
- LG UN200 | Owner's Manual - Page 121
Printed in China