Uniden SC150B manual table of contents:
- Uniden SC150B | English Owners Manual - Page 1
... Maintenance ...25 Replacing the Battery Pack ...25 Location ...26 Cleaning ...26 Repairs...26 Birdies ...27 Proper Care of Your Scanner...27 Optional Accessories and Replacement Parts...28 Troubleshooting...29 Technical Specifications ...30
- Uniden SC150B | English Owners Manual - Page 2
...received. Or, you can select an optional Delay so the scanner stays on the channel for 2 more seconds after the transmission stops,... your SportCat. You can set the direction of searching as well as the speed. The Turbo Search feature, new for Uniden scanners, can search v.h.f. bands at up to 3 times ...
- Uniden SC150B | English Owners Manual - Page 3
...both Turbo Scan and Turbo Search, your SportCat is truly a Twin Turbo Scanner.
NOTE: The installation, possession, or use of this scanning radio in a motor vehicle may be...NFM 12.5 kHz NFM 12.5 kHz NFM
Important!: The SportCat will not tune within the Cellular Telephone Band.
- Uniden SC150B | English Owners Manual - Page 4
...Carefully check the contents against this list:
n n n n n n n n n n n n
SportCat Twin Turbo Sports Scanner Rubber Antenna AC Adapter/Charger (AD-70U) Earphone... and Betty Bearcat Club Information SportCat Frequency Guide Nickel-Cadmium Battery Disposal Notice Uniden 800 Help Line Notice
If any items...
- Uniden SC150B | English Owners Manual - Page 5
... that can be searched within the bands of your scanner.
Note: The frequency coverage is not totally... channel in each Bank.) Lets your scanner function as a weather information radio. Toggle..., and typically 14 days, when the Battery Pack is removed from the scanner.
x Weather Channels
- Uniden SC150B | English Owners Manual - Page 6
... Operation Overview Section for adjustment procedures. Use this control to turn the scanner on or off, and to adjust the volume.
ON-OFF/...status, and bank indicators. A. Priority Channel Indicator - P appears when the scanner stops on a Priority Channel. B. Scan Type Indicator - ...
- Uniden SC150B | English Owners Manual - Page 7
Channel Number - Indicates the current channel that the scanner is on. Memory Bank Numbers - Each Memory Bank consists of 10...Frequency Indicator - 7-digits plus decimal indicate the frequency being received by the scanner. Mode Indicators - (Only the active mode(s) are displayed during...
- Uniden SC150B | English Owners Manual - Page 8
...HOLD appears on the display.) After you stop the scanner, press again to resume scanning or searching....Delay Mode, DLY appears on the display.) In this mode, when the scanner monitors an active frequency, searching or scanning ... seconds. 10. Press Press again to manually turn the light OFF. 11. Press ...
- Uniden SC150B | English Owners Manual - Page 9
12. Use to enter the decimal point when programming a frequency into a channel. If you make an entry error, press before the key to erase the entry, and start over. to store a displayed frequency into any 13. Press displayed channel. 14. Use d and u (SRCH/CH) to search in either the up or down ...
- Uniden SC150B | English Owners Manual - Page 10
... will start to blink. After about 10 minutes, the scanner will shut itself off to prevent the battery from becoming completely discharged.
Before ... the Charging Jack located on the Left side of the SportCat. You can use the scanner while it is charging.)
WARNING! Use only the supplied AC Adapter/ ...
- Uniden SC150B | English Owners Manual - Page 11
Installing the Belt Clip
1. Place the Belt Clip on the mounting area on the back of the scanner, making sure the holes in the clip line up with the threads in the back of the scanner.
2. Insert the 2 screws into the corresponding holes and tighten.
CAUTION: Do not tighten ...
- Uniden SC150B | English Owners Manual - Page 12
..., you will hear a constant sound (noise, if no signal is present.) The scanner will not scan.
The SportCat has 100 memory channels, ...transmission continues. When the transmission stops, the SportCat resumes scanning. If the Delay Mode is on, the scanner remains on the same channel ...
- Uniden SC150B | English Owners Manual - Page 13
... function is different from Scan. When you select a frequency band to search, the scanner searches for any active frequency within the lower and upper limits of the band. When an active frequency is found, the scanner stops on that frequency as long as the transmission lasts. If the Delay ...
- Uniden SC150B | English Owners Manual - Page 14
There are two ways to program a channel:
Manually select a channel and frequency, using the ... MHz into Channel 18. Make sure the scanner is in the SCAN Mode. If it is in the SRCH Mode, press . Make sure the scanner is in the BANK Mode. If it is . in the DIRECT Mode, press Press
- Uniden SC150B | English Owners Manual - Page 15
Press to store the entry. The frequency on the display will blink twice to confirm the programming. If that frequency is already stored in another channel, you will hear a "beep", and the other channel number will appear on the display. If you want to store the frequency in the selected ...
- Uniden SC150B | English Owners Manual - Page 16
Press repeatedly to cycle through each of the 12 preprogrammed Search Bands until you see the Band you want. Wait for at least 2 seconds for Search to begin. Or press u or d to search in an up or down direction.
H to stay on that frequency. The next available empty channel will be ...
- Uniden SC150B | English Owners Manual - Page 17
Note: When you turn the scanner on it will be in the same Mode it was in when you turned it off.
Bank... in the lower left corner of the display, press . The SportCat should begin scanning. If HOLD... any time, press appears on the display.) The scanner remains on the displayed channel, and only...
- Uniden SC150B | English Owners Manual - Page 18
One-Key Direct Access Channels
The SportCat is designed specifically to be used at sporting events.... 11, Channel 21, and so on.) The scanner checks the Priority Channel(s) every 2 seconds ... the Scan cycle. If a transmission is received, the scanner will stop at that channel. If the Priority Channel...
- Uniden SC150B | English Owners Manual - Page 19
... The PRI indicator will disappear from the bottom of the display.
Normally the scanner will resume scanning when a transmission stops. If you want to.... 1. Press . The DLY indicator appears at the bottom of the display. The scanner will now pause 2 seconds after transmission stops before ...
- Uniden SC150B | English Owners Manual - Page 20
...a "Locked Out" channel.
Sporting Event Scanning
The SportCat is the perfect scanner for sports enthusiasts. You can program up to... a Memo Pad on the front of the scanner. 1. Find the frequencies you want using the enclosed SportCat Frequency Guide. There are listings for all types of events, ...
- Uniden SC150B | English Owners Manual - Page 21
... a Golf Tournament, you may want the 1st Tee, the 18th Tee, the Clubhouse, the Leader Board. etc. Extra Memo Pad sheets have been included with your SportCat so you can cover a number of events. c. Replace the plastic Memo Pad cover. 4. When you attend the sporting event, make sure you are in DIRECT...
- Uniden SC150B | English Owners Manual - Page 22
Weather Channel Scanning
The SportCat is designed to search for your local NOAA weather channel(s) from 7 preprogrammed NOAA ... display. When the Weather Search finds an active channel in your area, the scanner stops at that frequency. . To resume To stay at that frequency, press Weather Search, press...
- Uniden SC150B | English Owners Manual - Page 23
Using DATA Skip.
A scanner will normally stop on any transmission it receives. This means the SportCat will stop on Data signals .... To deactivate DATA Skip, press . The indicator disappears from the display.
The scanner may pause momentarily at an unwanted signal, but will resume...
- Uniden SC150B | English Owners Manual - Page 24
Search Frequency Skip.
The scanner may stop at certain frequencies during Search that you do... program up to 100 Skip Frequencies into the SportCat. When the scanner stops at one of these frequencies ...memorized" and will be skipped during any Search. The scanner will then search to find other active ...
- Uniden SC150B | English Owners Manual - Page 25
Care and Maintenance
Replacing the Battery Pack
1. Turn the On-Off/Volume Control OFF. 2. Turn the scanner over so you are looking at the back. If the Belt... need to exert a slight pressure toward the top of the scanner as you slide the Battery Pack out of the case.
5. Carefully ...
- Uniden SC150B | English Owners Manual - Page 26
.... Do not use excessive amounts of water.
n n n n
Do not attempt any repair. The scanner contains no serviceable parts. Contact the Uniden Customer Service Center or take it to a qualified repair technician. 26
- Uniden SC150B | English Owners Manual - Page 27
...Birdies are internally generated signals inherent in the electronics of the scanner. Use the Search Skip feature to skip ...Scanner
Use only the AC Adapter/Charger that came with your scanner. Do not leave the AC Adapter/Charger plugged in for long periods. Avoid placing the scanner in direct sunlight ...
- Uniden SC150B | English Owners Manual - Page 28
... following optional accessories and replacement parts for your SportCat are available from your local Uniden Dealer or through the Uniden Customer Service Center by calling: (317) ... Memo Pads with Plastic Cover SportCat Sports Frequency Guide SportCat Operating Guide PART NO. BP-180...
- Uniden SC150B | English Owners Manual - Page 29
If your SportCat is not performing properly, try the steps listed below.
PROBLEM Scanner wonମ. connection. You may be in a fringe area. Reposition the scanner. Adjust the Squelch Control. Check the antenna ... service, please call or write the Uniden Parts and Service Division. The address and phone ...
- Uniden SC150B | English Owners Manual - Page 30
...: 2-1/2" (W) x 1-3/4" (H) x 12-1/4" (H) (with antenna attached) Weight: 0.77 lb. Power Requirements: 4.8V DC (internal battery or AC Adapter/Charger)
Certified in accordance with FCC Rules and Regulations Part 15 Subpart C as of date of ...
- Uniden SC150B | English Owners Manual - Page 31
100-Channel Programmable Twin Turbo Hand-Held Sports Scanner
- Uniden SC150B | English Owners Manual - Page 32
Before you use this scanner, please read and observe the following:
Uniden DOES NOT represent this unit to be waterproof. To reduce the risk of fire or electrical shock, DO NOT expose this unit to rain or moisture.
Be sure to use only the ...
- Uniden SC150B | English Owners Manual - Page 33
- Uniden SC150B | English Owners Manual - Page 34
...Uniden warrants, for one year, to the original retail owner, this Uniden Product to be free from defects in materials ... configurations not sold by Uniden, (C) improperly installed, (D) serviced or repaired by someone other than ... America Corporation Parts and Service Division 4700 Amon Carter Blvd. Ft...
- Uniden SC150B | English Owners Manual - Page 35
...,821 4,461,036 4,947,456 4,027,251 4,123,715 4,270,217 4,521,915 5,014,348 4,057,760 4,156,193 4,398,304 4,627,100 5199,109 4,092,594 4,157,505 4,409,688 4,888,815 4,100,497 4,179,662 4,455,679 4,932,074
©1994 Uniden America Corporation. All rights reserved. UBZZ01275ZZ Printed in the Philippines