Yamaha DD-50 manual table of contents:
- Yamaha DD-50 | Owner's Manual - Page 1
Owner's Manual Bedienungsanleitung Mode d'emploi Manual de instrucciones
- Yamaha DD-50 | Owner's Manual - Page 2
... other than one described in the manual, on the name plate, or specifically recommended by Yamaha. This product should be ... in the instructions contained in this manual, meets FCC requirements. Modifications not expressly approved by Yamaha may... Sie sich bei Ihrer Kommune.
Model No. Serial No.
- Yamaha DD-50 | Owner's Manual - Page 3
Thank you for purchasing the Yamaha DD-50. The DD-50 has been developed to act and play like a drum set but with greater ease. Before you use the instrument, we recommend you to read through this manual.
Your DD-50 will give you years of playing pleasure if you ...
- Yamaha DD-50 | Owner's Manual - Page 4
Setting up the DD-50
Power Supply ...3 When Using headphones (About the PHONES/AUX OUT jack) ...3
RECORD ...15 ... the Pads/Pedals
Pad Names ...7 Assigning a Drum Kit to the Pads and Pedals ...8 Assigning a Voice to Individual Pads and Pedals (“CUମ.
- Yamaha DD-50 | Owner's Manual - Page 5
Open the battery compartment cover on the underside of the DD-50.
• Do ... result in the instrument becoming hot or, irreparable damage to the DD-50. It may also result in fire. ...standard plug n pin plug adaptor to connect the DD-50 to a stereo system.) * Turn the power ...
- Yamaha DD-50 | Owner's Manual - Page 6
MASTER VOLUME REVERB DRUM 1 DRUM 2
BASS BACKING CLICK
1 POWER ON/...7 Display ...8 8 MASTER VOLUME buttons ...6 9 REVERB button ...9 0 Track buttons DRUM 1 button ...12, 17 DRUM .../TAP START button ...12, 13 % A-B REPEAT button ...14 ^ DEMO button ...6 & Drum Pads (x...
- Yamaha DD-50 | Owner's Manual - Page 7
ST ART/ STOP
BREAK/ TAPST ART DEMO DD-50
Connecting the... Pedals (1/2)
The supplied foot pedals can be connected to the DD-50 to similarly play the drum set's...well.
• Do not press the pedal while connecting it to the DD-50 or while turning on the power....
- Yamaha DD-50 | Owner's Manual - Page 8
Playing the Demo Song
To give you idea of the DD-50's possibilities, it comes with a demonstration song. To playback the ... Song
Press the [DEMO] button, the demo song will start playback.
q MASTER VOLUME The overall volume level of the DD-50 is controlled by two [MASTER VOLUME] buttons (10 volume ...
- Yamaha DD-50 | Owner's Manual - Page 9
... (High) 34: Hi-Hat Close/Open
20: Low Tom (High)
Ex. shown, Drum Kit 00 : Standard 1
34: Hi-Hat Pedal
The bass drum voice is controlled by pressing Foot Pedal 1. Use Foot Pedal 2 to control the Hi-hat. (This is in the case of Drum Kit 00.)
1: Bass ...
- Yamaha DD-50 | Owner's Manual - Page 10
Play the Pads/Pedals
Assigning a Drum Kit to the Pads and Pedals
The DD-50 allows you to choose from 20 different Drum Kits (00-19 : see the .... Select some different kits and try playing them. The DD-50 also has one Custom Drum Kit allowing you to assign the desired ...
- Yamaha DD-50 | Owner's Manual - Page 11
.... Repeat the previous steps for any or all of the DD-50's pads and pedals and try playing your own original drum kit.
Different depths of the DD-50's reverb effect can be selected to add to the DD-50's overall sound. To turn on the reverb effect, press ...
- Yamaha DD-50 | Owner's Manual - Page 12
Playing a SONG
The DD-50 features 100 different songs that can be used to provide accompaniment (see the "Song List" page 26). Select one ... function to start songs (see page 12).
ST ART/ STOP A-B REPEAT
The DD-50's songs consists of two types, loop type and sequence type ...
- Yamaha DD-50 | Owner's Manual - Page 13
..., the current tempo value (40-280) appears in the display.
Tempo Display Comment
q=90 q=110 q=250
90 10 , 50 , ,
- 100th digit (1) is shown as a single dot 100th digit (2) is shown as two dots
40 41 79 , , 80 , ,
Set the Tempo
Use the DIAL to select the ...
- Yamaha DD-50 | Owner's Manual - Page 14
... pedals to play along with a song accompaniment.
• The DD-50 can play a total of 28 notes simultaneously... jack.
The DD-50's song accompaniment consists of 4 tracks; Drum 1/2, Bass, and ... button when the song stops, its indicator will flash and the DD-50 is in Tap Start standby mode. ...
- Yamaha DD-50 | Owner's Manual - Page 15
... the [BREAK/TAP START] button, its indicator will flash and the DD-50 is in BREAK standby mode. To cancel the Break mode, ...ART/ STOP A-B REPEAT
Exit the BREAK mode
The DD-50 returns to the BREAK standby mode when the BREAK measure is completed. To exit the BREAK mode, press the [...
- Yamaha DD-50 | Owner's Manual - Page 16
.../ STOP A-B REPEAT
To set the "A" (start repeat) point
When the song ... once again and the A to B repeat points are set, "b" appears in the display. "Ab" will appear... and the accompaniment will again repeat between the set points.
• In the case of a loop type song...
- Yamaha DD-50 | Owner's Manual - Page 17
The DD-50's Custom Song feature (song number "CU") allows you to ... Data that can be recorded in the Custom Song Mode.
• Drum pad and pedal data. • Song data (the number ...
Prepare to Record
Select the desired song, drum kit, tempo, track on/off setting, and reverb settings.
- Yamaha DD-50 | Owner's Manual - Page 18
...€™s voices from the DD-50’s pads and pedals. The DD-50 is equipped with two types of MIDI terminals, both are located on...terminal. The sequencer’s data can be used to drive the DD-50’s sounds.
DD-50 MIDI OUT Sequencer MIDI IN
Yamaha MIDI Data Filer MDF2 etc.
DD-50 MIDI Keyboard MIDI OUT MIDI ...
- Yamaha DD-50 | Owner's Manual - Page 19
...mode, once again press the [START/STOP] and [DEMO] buttons simultaneously, the MIDI mode will be exited and the DD-50 will return to its normal play mode.
Setting the Clock
Connecting the DD-50, by MIDI cable, to an external MIDI device, such as a sequencer, time based functions ...
- Yamaha DD-50 | Owner's Manual - Page 20
...DD-50's pads from the voices. However, data produced by the DD-50 is transmitted via the MIDI OUT ...(Local ON) The internal voices will be played and controlled by the DD-50 and its pads. Data received via... data received via MIDI will be played by the DD-50.
DRUM 2 BEAT
Display the Local On/Off ...
- Yamaha DD-50 | Owner's Manual - Page 21
... data is transmitted via MIDI, see the "MIDI Implementation Chart" (page 29), and try out the DD-50's advanced MIDI features.
s Setting the MIDI Transmit Channel . Drum (Song)
Song performance data is transmitted on channel 9. You can change ...
- Yamaha DD-50 | Owner's Manual - Page 22
... pad is assigned a MIDI note number, exit the MIDI/Utility mode.
• For information on transmit notes and voices, refer to the DD-50 "Drum Map" (note - voice, list) on page 27. • When the Pad Assign or Kit Assign is set, the MIDI Note Number ...
- Yamaha DD-50 | Owner's Manual - Page 23
The DD-50's Custom Song, Custom Kit, and Panel Setting data are backed up so long as power is supplied to the DD-50 by means of batteries or an AC adaptor. ...] button, turn the [POWER] switch ON. The DD-50 will be initialized to its factory settings. "Cr" will appear in the display ...
- Yamaha DD-50 | Owner's Manual - Page 24
... check the following list before deciding that your DD-50 is damaged. If the suggested remedy is ineffective, take the DD-50 to an authorized Yamaha dealer for proper diagnosis and... Problem
A buzz or click occurs momentarily when the DD-50 is turned ON or OFF
This is a normal power...
- Yamaha DD-50 | Owner's Manual - Page 25
...Verzeichnisse und Spezifikationen/Données/Datos
Drum Voice List / Drum Voice-Verzeichnis / Liste ... Mid Bass Drum Hi Bass Drum Rock Bass Drum Dance Bass ... Jazz Snare Drum Light Snare Drum Lo Snare Drum Hi Snare ... Rock Hi Snare Drum Dance Snare Drum Jazz Side Stick Open ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55...
- Yamaha DD-50 | Owner's Manual - Page 26
... Small Pad 2
Pad 1 Small Pad 3
Drum Kit List / ...Timbales Conga Jazz 1 Jazz 2 Jazz 3 Twin Bass Drum Rock Perc. Ballad Perc. Cymbal 8 ... Drum Hi Open Rim Shot Side Stick Snare Drum Rock Hi Snare Drum Rock Mid Snare Drum Dance Snare Drum Light Surdo Mute Timbale L ...
- Yamaha DD-50 | Owner's Manual - Page 27
...Ride Cymbal Cup 34 47 35 13 34 34 48 35 49 36 63 50 57 34 34 13 34 42 42 42
Small Pad 3
HH Open/... 2 Off/On) Side Stick HH Open/Closed (Pedal 2 Off/On) Splash Cymbal Splash Cymbal Splash Cymbal 1 2 0 1 1 0 3 3 4 0 48 50 50 5 0 5 1 48 47 2
Bass Drum Mid Bass Drum Hi Bass Drum Lo Bass Drum Mid...
- Yamaha DD-50 | Owner's Manual - Page 28
... 4 Shuffle 5 Shuffle 6 Shuffle 7 Shuffle 8 Shuffle 9 Slow Rock Slow Rock 1 Slow Rock 2 Slow Rock 3 Slow Rock 4 Slow Rock 5 Bounce Bounce 1 Bounce 2 Bounce 3 Latin Reggae 1 Reggae 2
49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ...
- Yamaha DD-50 | Owner's Manual - Page 29
...Verzeichnisse und Spezifikationen / Données / Datos
Drum Map / Drum-Notenzurdnung / Topographie de batterie / Mapa... G# 1 45 A 1 46 A# 1 47 B 1 48 C 2 49 C# 2 50 D 2 51 D# 2 52 E 2 53 F 2 54 F# 2 55... Open Rim Shot Bass Drum Mid Bass Drum Hi Side Stick... Lo Hand Clap Snare Drum Hi Low Tom-L Hi-Hat Closed...
- Yamaha DD-50 | Owner's Manual - Page 30
... (WxDxH) Weight Supplied Accessories Optional Accessories 552 x 348 x 136 (21" 3/4 x 13" 2/3 x 5" 3/8) 3.0 kg (6 Ibs. 10 oz) Drum stick x 2, Foot Pedal x 2, Owner's Manual Headphones AC Power Adaptor Foot Switch HPE-150, HPE-3 PA-3, PA3B FC4, FC5
- Yamaha DD-50 | Owner's Manual - Page 31
...implémentation / Gráfico de implementación
[Digital Percussion] Model: DD-50 Function
MIDI Implementation Chart
... by setting the MIDI clock to "External". *2 Das DD-50 spricht auf über MIDI empfangene Start/...glant l'horloge MIDI sur "External (E)". *2 El DD-50 puede aceptar señales de ...
- Yamaha DD-50 | Owner's Manual - Page 32
The factory default setting for pad sensitivity should provide you with trouble-free use. ... factory default = 2) if you are experiencing one of the problems shown below.
• Striking two pads simultaneously ... eines der im folgenden angeführten Probleme auftreten, können Sie die Pad-...
- Yamaha DD-50 | Owner's Manual - Page 33
Réglage de la sensibilité des pads
Le réglage par défaut en usine de la sensibilité des pads devrait vous permettre une utilisation sans problème. Cependant, il est possible de régler la sensibilité des pads (de 0 à 3, 2 étant le défaut) au cas où vous seriez confronté à l'un des ...
- Yamaha DD-50 | Owner's Manual - Page 34
MIDDLE & SOUTH AMERICA
Yamaha De Mexico S.A. De C.V., Departamento de ventas Javier Rojo ... AND TRUST TERRITORIES IN PACIFIC OCEAN
Yamaha Corporation, International Marketing Division Nakazawa-...-2312
Yamaha Corporation, Electronic Musical Instrument Division