Epson NX100 manual table of contents:
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 1
Epson Stylus NX100 Series
Basic Copying, Printing, and Scanning Maintaining Your NX100 Series Solving Problems
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 2
11 11 13 17
Scanning a Photo or Document ...18
Basic Scanning ...18 Restoring and Correcting Photos ...19
Maintaining Your NX100 Series ...20
Checking the Print Head Nozzles ...Cleaning the Print Head ...Checking the Ink Cartridge Status ......
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 3
... you have set up your Epson Stylus® NX100 Series as described on the Start Here sheet, ... these guidelines as you read your NX100 Series instructions:
Warning: Warnings must be followed carefully ... information about your NX100 Series. Tip: Tips contain hints for better copying, scanning, and printing....
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 4
... and sizes. For details, see page 5. 1. Open the paper support, then open the output tray and pull out... plastic feeder guard forward, then squeeze the edge guide and slide it left.
3. Insert paper, glossy ... side and beneath the tab. (Load letterhead or pre-printed paper top edge first.)
Always load ...
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 5
...€™ll want to use one of Epson’s special ink jet papers designed for your printer. See the next section for more..., presentations, and creative projects. You can purchase genuine Epson ink and paper at ... Epson authorized reseller. To find the nearest one, call 800-GO-EPSON (800-463-7766) or ...
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 6
...Letter (8.5 × 11 in.) Letter (8.5 × 11 in.) Legal (8.5 × 14 in.)
Epson Premium Presentation Paper Matte
Borderless... (8.5 × 11 in.) A4 (8.3 × 11.7 in.) Letter (8.5 × 11 in.)
Epson Premium Presentation Paper Matte Double... Photo Quality Self-adhesive sheets Epson Iron-on Cool Peel Transfer Paper...
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 7
Copying a Document or Photo
Follow the instructions in this section to position your originals correctly on the glass and make color or black-and-white copies.
Placing the Original on the Glass
1. Open the document cover and place your original face-down on the glass, with the top facing into the ...
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 8
... documents onto letter- or A4-size plain paper or Epson special paper just like a copy machine. 1. Load letter- or A4-size plain paper or Epson special paper. 2. Place your original document on...copying, press the y Stop button.
Note: Copies may not be exactly the same size as your original document....
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 9
... available) for borderless photo reprints. 1. Load up to 20 sheets of 4 × 6-inch Epson photo paper. 2. Place your original photo on the document table. 3. Press the x Color Photo button to start copying. The NX100 Series automatically sizes your photo to fit on the paper ...
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 10
Copying Draft Documents
You can make quick draft copies of documents on plain paper or Epson Bright White paper. Draft copies have reduced print quality, but they print faster. 1. Load letter- or A4-size plain paper or Epson Bright White paper. 2. Place your ...
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 11
... Print. You see a window like this one:
Select your printer
Click here to open your printer software
3. Make sure EPSON NX100 Series is selected, then click the Preferences or Properties button. (If you see a Setup, Printer, or Options ...
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 12
... on the Advanced tab. For details, see your on-screen Epson Information Center
5. To improve the color, contrast, and sharpness... tab.
Note: For more information about print settings, click Help or see your on-screen Epson Information Center
9. Click OK to save your settings.
12 Printing in Windows
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 13
1. Open a photo or document in an application. 2. Open the File menu and select Print. 3. Select EPSON Stylus NX100 as the Printer setting.
Click to expand
4. Click d to expand the Print window, if necessary.
Printing With a Macintosh 13
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 14
... type (see page 17) Select Color or Black Ink Only output Select higher quality or faster printing (if available)
7. Choose any other printing options you may need from the pop-up menu. See the on-screen Epson Information Center for details.
Tip: To reduce or remove red-eye effects ...
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 15
... your print job, click the printer icon in the dock. Select your print job, then select an option... File menu. Select the following settings:
Select your printer Select your Paper Size Select your document or image orientation
For borderless printing, choose a Sheet Feeder - Borderless option in the...
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 16
...Print from the File menu. You see a window like this one:
Select your printer Select Print Settings
5. Choose Print Settings from the pop-... other printing options you may need from the pop-up menu. See your on-screen Epson Information Center for details. 8. Click Print.
16 Printing With a Macintosh
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 17
... (or click the Print Center icon and double-click Stylus NX100 on the next screen).
Pause or resume printing
Select ... page 14 or page 16) setting in your printer software. This tells the NX100 Series what kind of paper you're using, so the ink coverage can be adjusted accordingly....
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 18
You can use your NX100 Series to scan a photo or document and save it ... Scan. Or you can start Epson Scan directly from your computer and save your image ... application. Then open the File menu, choose Import or Acquire, and select Epson Stylus NX100 Series.
18 Scanning a Photo or Document
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 19
... If you are in Home or Professional Mode, you see a different Epson Scan settings window. (You can change the mode using ...see your on-screen Epson Information Center. You can also click Help on the Epson Scan screen for information about all the available settings.
Restoring and Correcting Photos 19
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 20
Maintaining Your NX100 Series
Follow the instructions in this chapter for checking and cleaning the print head nozzles... see your on-screen Epson Information Center.
Caution: To keep your NX100 Series looking ...size paper in the sheet feeder. 2. Turn off the NX100 Series. 3. Hold down the y Stop button ...
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 21
... not be able to clean it when a cartridge is low. You must replace the cartridge first (see page 23).
1. Make sure the NX100 Series is on and the B ink light is off. 2. Hold down the y Stop button for three seconds to start the cleaning ...
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 22
Note: You cannot print or copy when an ink cartridge is expended even if the other cartridges ...screen asking if you want to receive these Epson offers the first time you try to ... may need to replace the cartridge.
You can purchase genuine Epson ink and paper at Epson Supplies Central at ...
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 23
... cartridge installed until you have obtained a replacement, or the ink remaining in the print head nozzles may dry out.
1. Turn on the NX100 Series.
Note: If you need to change a cartridge before it is expended (the B ink light is flashing or off), run the...
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 24
... is low or expended.
Caution: Do not move the print head by hand; this may damage your NX100 Series. Always press the y Stop button to move it.
4. .... If no other cartridges are low or expended, the print head moves to the replacement position.
24 Replacing Ink Cartridges
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 25
... white cable inside the printer or you may damage it. Warning: If ink gets on your hands... eyes, flush them immediately with water. Keep ink cartridges out of the reach of children.
6. Before you... green chip on the front of the cartridge. This can damage the ink cartridge.
Replacing Ink Cartridges 25
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 26
7. Remove the yellow tape from the bottom of the ink cartridge.
Caution: Do not remove any other labels or... or ink may leak.
8. Insert the new ink cartridge into the holder and push it down until it..., lift the scanner slightly, release its support, and lower the scanner.
26 Replacing Ink Cartridges
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 27
... stops flashing and remains on, and the B ink light goes out.
Caution: Never turn off the NX100 Series while ink is charging or you'll waste ink. If the B ink light flashes, press ... your original again. If you remove a low or expended ink cartridge, you cannot reinstall and use the ...
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 28
...to check Epson's support website for free updates to your Epson Stylus NX100 Series software. Open your on-screen Epson Information Center and ... can also click or Start, select All Programs or Programs, select EPSON, select EPSON NX100 Series, and click Driver Update.
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 29
... to the replacement position. Press down on all the installed cartridges, then press the y Stop button to continue. Parts inside the NX100 Series are at the end of their service life. Contact Epson for help (see page 31). There is a problem ...
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 30
... If paper is stuck inside, turn off the NX100 Series. 3. Lift the scanner, check everywhere for... lower the scanner, and turn the NX100 Series back on.
Print Quality Problems
If you have... against the document table glass and the NX100 Series is not tilted or placed on an uneven surface. ...
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 31
... you call Epson for support, please have the following information ready:
Product name (Epson Stylus NX100 Series) Product serial number (located on the label in back) Proof of purchase (such as a store receipt) and date of purchase ...
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 32
... charges may apply.
Purchase Supplies and Accessories
You can purchase genuine Epson ink and paper at Epson Supplies Central ... www.epson.ca (Canadian sales). You can also purchase supplies from an Epson authorized reseller. To find the nearest one, call 800-GO-EPSON (800-463-7766).
32 Where To Get ...
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 33
Important Safety Instructions
Before using your NX100 Series, read and follow ... instructions:
Be sure to follow all warnings and instructions marked on the NX100 Series. Use only ... before unplugging the printer or cutting off power to the electrical outlet. Avoid plugging the NX100 Series ...
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 34
...water. Do not put your hand inside the NX100 Series or touch any cartridges during printing. Install a new ink cartridge immediately after removing an... out the print head and may prevent the NX100 Series from printing. If you remove an ink cartridge for later use, protect the ink...
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 35
... radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio or television reception. However,...has more than one interface connector, do not leave cables connected to unused interfaces. Changes or modifications ...
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 36
... and Power Supplies used with Class B Personal Computers: We: Located at: Epson America, Inc. MS 3-13 3840 Kilroy Airport Way ... interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation. Trade Name: Epson Type of Product: Multifunction printer Model: C411A
36 Declaration of ...
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 37
...purchase. What Epson Will Do To Correct Problems: Should your Epson printer prove defective during the warranty period, please call the Epson ... Epson will direct you to send your printer to Epson or its authorized service center, where the printer will be repaired and sent back to...
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 38
...service other than by an Epson Authorized Servicer. If a claimed defect cannot be identified or reproduced,... DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE EPSON PRODUCT, WHETHER RESULTING FROM BREACH OF WARRANTY ...Care Center nearest you, visit: http://www.epson.com/support. You can also write...
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 39
... and maintenance instructions. Seiko Epson Corporation shall not be liable for any damages or problems arising... any questions regarding copyright law.
Epson and Epson Stylus are registered trademarks,...trademarks of their respective owners. Epson disclaims any and all rights in those marks....
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 40
CPD-25632 oss Printed in XXXXXX