Epson NX100 manual table of contents:
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 1
Epson Stylus NX100 Series
Basic Copying, Printing, and Scanning Maintaining Your NX100 Series Solving Problems
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 2
Scanning a Photo or Document ...18
Basic Scanning ...18 Restoring and Correcting Photos ...19
Maintaining Your NX100 Series ...20
Checking the Print Head Nozzles ...Cleaning the Print Head ...Checking the Ink Cartridge Status ...
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 3
After you have set up your Epson Stylus® NX100 Series as described on the Start Here sheet,...follow these guidelines as you read your NX100 Series instructions:
Warning: Warnings must be followed carefully ...about your NX100 Series. Tip: Tips contain hints for better copying, scanning, and printing.
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 4
You can print on a variety of paper types and sizes. For details, see page 5. 1. Open the paper support, then open the output tray and pull out the ...the right side and beneath the tab. (Load letterhead or pre-printed paper top edge first.)
Always load paper short ...
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 5
... feeder guard back.
Note: For instructions on loading envelopes, see your on-screen Epson Information Center.
Using ...photos, presentations, and creative projects. You can purchase genuine Epson ink and paper at ... Epson authorized reseller. To find the nearest one, call 800-GO-EPSON (800-463-7766) or ...
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 6
...Letter (8.5 × 11 in.) Letter (8.5 × 11 in.) Legal (8.5 × 14 in.)
Epson Premium Presentation Paper Matte
Borderless... (8.5 × 11 in.) A4 (8.3 × 11.7 in.) Letter (8.5 × 11 in.)
Epson Premium Presentation Paper Matte Double... Photo Quality Self-adhesive sheets Epson Iron-on Cool Peel Transfer Paper...
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 7
Copying a Document or Photo
Follow the instructions in this section to position your originals correctly on the glass and make color or black-and-white copies.
Placing the Original on the Glass
1. Open the document cover and place your original face-down on the glass, with the top facing into the ...
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 8
... documents onto letter- or A4-size plain paper or Epson special paper just like a copy machine. 1. Load letter- or A4-size plain paper or Epson special paper. 2. Place your original document on...copying, press the y Stop button.
Note: Copies may not be exactly the same size as your original document....
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 9
... available) for borderless photo reprints. 1. Load up to 20 sheets of 4 × 6-inch Epson photo paper. 2. Place your original photo on the document table. 3. Press the x Color Photo button to start copying. The NX100 Series automatically sizes your photo to fit on the paper ...
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 10
...can make quick draft copies of documents on plain paper or Epson Bright White paper. Draft copies have reduced .... 1. Load letter- or A4-size plain paper or Epson Bright White paper. 2. Place your original ..., press the y Stop button.
Note: Copies may not be exactly the same size as your originals.
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 11
... see a window like this one:
Select your printer
Click here to open your printer software
3. Make sure EPSON NX100 Series is selected, then click the Preferences or Properties button. (If you see a Setup, Printer, or Options button, ...
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 12
... common settings, click the Shortcuts tab and select one of the presets. You can create your own ... Advanced tab. For details, see your on-screen Epson Information Center
5. To improve the color, contrast, ... settings, click Help or see your on-screen Epson Information Center
9. Click OK to save your ...
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 13
1. Open a photo or document in an application. 2. Open the File menu and select Print. 3. Select EPSON Stylus NX100 as the Printer setting.
Click to expand
4. Click d to expand the Print window, if necessary.
Printing With a Macintosh 13
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 14
... your paper type (see page 17) Select Color or Black Ink Only output Select higher quality or faster printing (if available)
7. Choose any...printing options you may need from the pop-up menu. See the on-screen Epson Information Center for details.
Tip: To reduce or remove red-eye ...
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 15
... your print job, click the printer icon in the dock. Select your print job, then select an option... File menu. Select the following settings:
Select your printer Select your Paper Size Select your document or image orientation
For borderless printing, choose a Sheet Feeder - Borderless option in the...
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 16
.... You see a window like this one:
Select your printer Select Print Settings
5. Choose Print ... before you can select Print Settings. For more information about printer settings, click the ? button.
6.... need from the pop-up menu. See your on-screen Epson Information Center for details. 8. Click Print....
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 17
... dock (or click the Print Center icon and double-click Stylus NX100 on the next screen).
Pause or resume printing
Select the...(see page 14 or page 16) setting in your printer software. This tells the NX100 Series what kind of paper you're using, so the ink coverage can be adjusted ...
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 18
... or Document
You can use your NX100 Series to scan a photo or document and save it on ... Epson Scan. Or you can start Epson Scan directly from your computer and save your image to.... Then open the File menu, choose Import or Acquire, and select Epson Stylus NX100 Series.
18 Scanning a Photo or Document
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 19
... you are in Home or Professional Mode, you see a different Epson Scan settings window. (You can change the mode using the Mode selector ... Center. You can also click Help on the Epson Scan screen for information about all the available settings.
Restoring and Correcting Photos ...
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 20
Maintaining Your NX100 Series
Follow the instructions in this chapter for checking and cleaning the print head nozzles and replacing ink cartridges. ... print head, if necessary, see your on-screen Epson Information Center.
Caution: To keep your NX100 Series looking like new, don't place ...
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 21
.... You must replace the cartridge first (see page 23).
1. Make sure the NX100 Series is on and the B...minute.
Caution: Never turn off the NX100 Series during head cleaning or you may damage it.
... any improvement after cleaning the print head two times, turn off your NX100 Series and wait at least six ...
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 22
.... Click Accept or Decline.
Note: To disable checking for ink offers or updates from Epson, see the instructions in your onscreen Epson Information Center. Tip:... their best, you may need to replace the cartridge.
You can purchase genuine Epson ink and paper at Epson Supplies Central at www.epson.com/...
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 23
... Ink Cartridges
Make sure you have a new ink cartridge before you begin. You must install new cartridges immediately after removing ...a replacement, or the ink remaining in the print head nozzles may dry out.
1. Turn on the NX100 Series.
Note: If you need to change a cartridge before it is expended (...
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 24
... position to indicate which cartridge is low or expended.
Caution: Do not move the print head by hand; this may damage your NX100 Series. Always press the y Stop button to move it.
4. Press the y Stop button again.
If another ...
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 25
... white cable inside the printer or you may damage it. Warning: If ink gets on your hands... eyes, flush them immediately with water. Keep ink cartridges out of the reach of children.
6. Before you... green chip on the front of the cartridge. This can damage the ink cartridge.
Replacing Ink Cartridges 25
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 26
7. Remove the yellow tape from the bottom of the ink cartridge.
Caution: Do not remove any other labels or... or ink may leak.
8. Insert the new ink cartridge into the holder and push it down until it..., lift the scanner slightly, release its support, and lower the scanner.
26 Replacing Ink Cartridges
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 27
... stops flashing and remains on, and the B ink light goes out.
Caution: Never turn off the NX100 Series while ink is charging or you'll waste ink. If the B ink light flashes, press ... your original again. If you remove a low or expended ink cartridge, you cannot reinstall and use the ...
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 28
...€™s a good idea to check Epson’s support website for free updates to your Epson Stylus NX100 Series software. Open your on-screen Epson Information Center... select All Programs or Programs, select EPSON, select EPSON NX100 Series, and click Driver Update.
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 29
... cartridges, then press the y Stop button to continue. Parts inside the NX100 Series are at the end of their service life. Contact Epson for help (see page 31). There is a problem with the NX100 Series. Turn it off, wait a few moments, and turn it...
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 30
... paper and torn pieces, remove them, lower the scanner, and turn the NX100 Series back on.
Print Quality Problems
If you have any problems ... is placed flat against the document table glass and the NX100 Series is not tilted or placed on an uneven surface. Load the ...
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 31
... to a Support Representative
Before you call Epson for support, please have the following information ready:
Product name (Epson Stylus NX100 Series) Product serial number (located on the label in back) Proof of purchase (such as a store receipt) and ...
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 32
... charges may apply.
Purchase Supplies and Accessories
You can purchase genuine Epson ink and paper at Epson Supplies Central ... www.epson.ca (Canadian sales). You can also purchase supplies from an Epson authorized reseller. To find the nearest one, call 800-GO-EPSON (800-463-7766).
32 Where To Get ...
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 33
..., unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet. Always turn off the NX100 Series using the P On button, and wait until the P ... stops flashing before unplugging the printer or cutting off power to the electrical outlet. Avoid plugging the NX100 Series into an outlet on the same circuit as a photo ...
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 34
.... Do not put your hand inside the NX100 Series or touch any cartridges during printing. Install a new ink cartridge immediately after .... Leaving cartridges uninstalled can dry out the print head and may prevent the NX100 Series from printing. If you remove an ink cartridge for later use, protect the ...
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 35
... radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio or television reception. However,...has more than one interface connector, do not leave cables connected to unused interfaces. Changes or modifications ...
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 36
... and Power Supplies used with Class B Personal Computers: We: Located at: Epson America, Inc. MS 3-13 3840 Kilroy Airport Way ... interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation. Trade Name: Epson Type of Product: Multifunction printer Model: C411A
36 Declaration of ...
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 37
... Epson America, Inc. ("Epson") warrants to the original retail purchaser that the Epson printer covered by this limited warranty statement, if purchased and..., Epson will direct you to send your printer to Epson or its authorized service center, where the printer will be repaired and sent back to ...
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 38
...service other than by an Epson Authorized Servicer. If a claimed defect cannot be identified or reproduced,... DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE EPSON PRODUCT, WHETHER RESULTING FROM BREACH OF WARRANTY ...Care Center nearest you, visit: http://www.epson.com/support. You can also write...
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 39
... legal advisor for any questions regarding copyright law.
Epson and Epson Stylus are registered trademarks, Epson Exceed Your ... of their respective owners. Epson disclaims any and all rights in those marks. This information is subject to change without notice. © 2008 Epson America, Inc. ...
- Epson NX100 | Quick Guide - Page 40
CPD-25632 oss Printed in XXXXXX