Huawei M920 manual table of contents:
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 1
... and Off ...11 Using the Touchscreen...12 Locking and Unlocking the Screen ...13 Home Screen...14 Using a microSD Card ...18
3 Voice Services ...18
3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 Making a Call ...Answering and Rejecting a Call...Operations During a Call ...Adding a Call log Entry to Contacts ...Using ...
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 2
...Settings ...30 31 31 31 31 32
8 Getting Connected...32
8.1 8.2 8.3 8.4 Turning Data Services On ...Wi-Fi ...MetroWEB ...Bluetooth...32 32 33 35
9 Entertainment ...37... ...DTS Envelo™ ...Enjoying Music...37 39 41 41
10 Google Services ...42
10.1 Creating a Google Account...42 10.2 Gmail ...43 10.3...
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 3
... 13.3 13.4 13.5 13.6 13.7 13.8 Setting the Date and Time ...Configuring the Display Settings...Configuring the Sound Settings ...Configuring Phone Services ...Configuring the Text-to-Speech Settings...Protecting Your Phone...Managing Applications...Resetting Your Phone...59 59 59 60 61 61 62 63
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 4
... and health care facilities. Power off your device near medical apparatus. Power off your device in aircraft. Using it may cause interference to aircraft equipment. Do not attempt to disassemble your device or its accessories. Only qualified personnel are allowed to service or repair the device.
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 5
... use of wireless devices. Respect privacy and legal rights of other people when using your device. Strictly follow the instructions in this manual while using a USB cable. Otherwise, your device or computer may be damaged.
1.2 Personal Information and Data ...
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 6
...providers. This information is used to improve the providers' products and services. • If you are concerned about the security of your personal information and... consent of Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. The product described in this manual may include copyrighted software of Huawei Technologies Co.,...
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 7
... be limited by local network operators or network service providers. Thus the descriptions herein may... Technologies Co., Ltd. will neither provide support to customers who use these third-party..., or the interruption or termination of third-party content or services. Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. shall...
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 8
... to the system. Therefore, this product may not support all the functions that are supported by the standard Android operating system or may...A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE MADE IN RELATION TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR CONTENTS OF THIS MANUAL. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY ...
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 9
2 Getting to Know Your Phone
2.1.1 Your Phone at a Glance
All the pictures in this guide are for your reference only. The actual appearance and display features depend on the phone you purchase.
Earpiece Sensor Power key Front camera Flashlight Camera Volume keys Headset jack Charger ...
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 10
Adjust the volume (press the keys). • Open the Camera application (press and hold the key).
• Take a picture if the Camera application is opened (press and hold the key). • Return to the Home screen (touch the key). • View the list of recently used applications (...
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 11
2.2 Getting Started
2.2.1 Installing a SIM Card
Note: The SIM card is required for service. 1. Power your phone off, and then remove the back cover by opening a gap between the back cover and the phone in the groove at the bottom of the phone. 2. If the battery is installed, remove it by lifting it ...
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 12
2.2.2 Installing a microSD card
1. Power your phone off, and then remove the back cover by opening a gap between the back cover and the phone in the groove at the bottom of the phone. 2. Insert the microSD card. Ensure that the gold contact area faces down. 3. Replace the back cover.
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 13
.... When the battery life becomes noticeably shorter after being fully charged, replace the battery with a new one of the same type. • Using data services increases demand for battery power and will reduce the battery life. • Time required to charge the battery depends on the ambient temperature ...
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 14
...-hungry applications when you are not using them. • Turn off data services.
2.3 Powering Your Phone On and Off
2.3.1 Powering Your Phone On
The first time you power your phone on, a setup wizard is displayed to guide you through the configuration of your phone. The setup wizard also helps ...
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 15
2.4 Using the Touchscreen
2.4.1 Touchscreen Actions
Tap the screen once with your finger to open a menu or an application, or to select an item.
Touch and hold
Touch an item with your finger and do not release it until your phone responds. For example, to open the menu on an active screen, ...
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 16
2.4.2 Rotating the Screen Display
Many applications on your phone allow you to view the screen in both landscape and portrait modes. If you rotate your phone, the screen display rotates to automatically fit the new screen orientation. To enable the Auto-rotate screen function, touch select the Auto...
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 17
2.6 Home Screen
Application icons Indicators of the Home screen and its extensions Touch to open the Phone application Touch to open the application list Touch to open the MetroWEB application
2.6.1 Notification and Status Icons
Call in progress ...
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 18
Roaming No network signal Synchronizing data Bluetooth turned on Global Positioning System (GPS) satellites connected Vibrate mode activated Full battery Charging the battery New calendar reminders New emails New voicemail messages
MetroPCS Easy Wireless Fidelity (Wi-Fi) turned on Airplane mode ...
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 19
• Touch a notification to open the corresponding notification or application. • Touch Clear to delete all notifications. Closing the Notification Panel Touch and hold the bottom of the notification panel, and flick up to close it.
2.6.3 Switching Between the Home Screen and Its Extensions
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 20
Removing an Item 1. Touch and hold the item until it is magnified. 2. Drag the item into .
Reorganizing Items with Folders After adding folders to the Home screen or a Home screen extension, you can use the folders to reorganize the items on the Home screen and the extensions. To add an item to a ...
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 21
... the screen, and then touch Storage > Unmount SD card. 3. In the Unmount SD card dialog box, touch OK, and then carefully remove the microSD card.
3 Voice Services
3.1 Making a Call
You can make a call using the Phone or Contacts application or from Call log. When you are on a call, you can: • ...
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 22
• Answer incoming calls or forward them to your voicemail box. • Set up conference calls with other people. Do not block the microphone at the bottom of your phone if you want your voice heard.
3.1.1 Making a Call Using the Phone Application
5 > Phone on the Home screen to open the ...
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 23
3.2 Answering and Rejecting a Call
3.2.1 Answering a Call
When you receive a call, the incoming call screen displays the caller's name if you have saved the contact information in Contacts or the caller's phone number if you have not. To answer the call, drag the
3 icon to the right.
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 24
...ongoing call. This feature is known as conference calling. You can also set up a conference call with multiple people. Contact your service provider to determine the availability of the conference call feature. If this feature is available, also determine the number of participates that are allowed ...
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 25
3.3.2 Switching Between Calls
If you receive a call while you are on another call, you can drag the
3 icon to the right
to answer the new call. When you are answering the new call, the other call is placed on hold, and you can touch Manage calls to switch to the other call. When you have finished...
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 26
1. Connect a TTY to your phone's headset jack, and set the phone to TTY mode. 2. Make or answer a call as usual. 3. When the call is set up, use the TTY to send or receive messages. 4. Touch
to end the call.
3.6.2 Setting TTY Mode
1. On the Home screen, touch
5 > Settings > Call settings > ...
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 27
To open the Contacts application, on the Home screen touch
5 > Contacts.
All of your contacts are displayed alphabetically in a list that you can scroll through.
4.2 Creating a Contact 1. In the contact list, touch 6 > New contact. 2. If you have more than one account, touch 6 > Accounts to ...
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 28
2. Touch the field you want to change, such as the name, phone number, email address, or any other information you have previously saved. 3. Touch Done to save the changes. If you want to cancel the changes, touch Revert.
4.6 Communicating with a Contact
From the Contacts or Favorites tab, you...
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 29
5 Using the Onscreen Keyboard
5.1 Opening a Keyboard Panel
To enter text, use an onscreen keyboard. Some applications open a keyboard panel automatically. Others open the keyboard panel only after you touch a text field. To hide a keyboard panel, touch
Touch and hold a text field to open the ...
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 30
To turn voice input mode on or off, on the Home screen, touch Language & keyboard > Android keyboard > Voice input.
5 > Settings >
5.1.3 Using the Swype® Keyboard
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0
q w e r
t y u i o p
_ ( ) : ; "
a s d f g h j
# = / +
Touch to delete a character. Touch and ...
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 31
The Messaging application allows you to exchange text and multimedia messages with other people.
6.1 Opening the Messaging Application On the Home screen, touch 5 > Messaging. 6.2 Sending a Text Message 1. On the Home screen, touch 5 > Messaging > New message.
2. Enter a recipient's ...
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 32
3. Touch the Type to compose field and write your message. If you want to enter a smiley, touch 4. Touch
6 > Insert smiley. 6 to display the messaging menu and select one of the following:
• Add subject: add a subject to the message. The message switches to a multimedia message. • ...
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 33
... other files attached to emails. The application supports popular email services such as Yahoo!, AOL, ... Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) email services.
7.1 Adding an Email Account
When using the Email application... set up your email account manually, touch Manual setup. In this case, you need ...
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 34
7.2 Reading an Email
1. On the Accounts screen, touch the email account you want to use. 2. On the Inbox screen, touch the email you want to read.
7.3 Sending an Email
1. On the Accounts screen, touch the email account you want to use. 2. On the Inbox screen, touch
6 > Compose.
3. In the To ...
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 35
... enter necessary details manually, although you may need to contact your email service provider for the correct account settings. To change email account... or Server settings.
8 Getting Connected
8.1 Turning Data Services On 1. On the Home screen, touch 5 > Settings > Wireless & networks...
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 36
8.2.1 Turning Wi-Fi On
1. On the Home screen, touch 2. Select the Wi-Fi check box.
5 > Settings > Wireless & networks.
8.2.2 Connecting to a Wi-Fi Network
1. Ensure that Wi-Fi is turned on. 2. On the Home screen, touch
5 > Settings > Wireless & networks > Wi-Fi
settings. A list of detected ...
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 37
• Bookmarks: display bookmarks. • Windows: open the window list, allowing you to switch between the windows. • Refresh: refresh the current web page. • Forward: browse the next web page. • More: open a menu that includes options such as Add bookmark, Select text, Share page, Downloads, ...
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 38
... on a browser screen touch
6 > More > Settings.
Your phone supports Bluetooth, which allows you to share files wirelessly with your ... Bluetooth devices.
8.4.2 Pairing with a Bluetooth Device
Bluetooth on your phone supports the following profiles: • Hands-Free Profile (HFP): use a ...
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 39
2. On the Home screen, touch
5 > Settings > Wireless & networks > Bluetooth
settings. Your phone scans for Bluetooth devices in range and displays Bluetooth devices it finds. 3. Touch the device you want to pair with your phone. 4. Enter the pairing password to complete the connection.
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 40
As well as being a communication device and a personal assistant, your phone also provides a multitude of entertainment possibilities. You can take pictures, record audio and videos, and download and listen to music.
9.1 Taking a Picture and Recording a Video
Your phone's camera ...
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 41
.... Touch the thumbnail to view the picture. Flick left or right to switch between the pictures you have taken. When you are viewing a picture: • Touch Share to share the picture using Bluetooth, a message, an email, or a social networking service (SNS). • Touch Delete to delete the picture.
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 42
• Touch More to configure other settings, such as Details, Set as, Crop, Rotate left, and Rotate Right.
9.1.4 Recording a Video
1. Open the Camera application, and switch to camcorder mode. 2. If necessary, customize the camcorder settings. 3. Frame the scene on the viewfinder screen, and touch ...
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 43
...Pinch your finger together or apart to zoom in or out on the picture, or doubletouch the picture to zoom in or out on it. The Gallery application supports the Auto-rotate screen function. When you rotate your phone while viewing a picture, the picture adjusts automatically.
9.2.3 Rotating a Picture...
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 44
9.3 DTS Envelo™
Digital Theater Systems (DTS) Envelo is a virtual surround sound solution for consumer electronics. It creates virtual surround sound from any mono, stereo, or 5.1 surround sound input source.
9.3.1 Using DTS Envelo
When you attempt to play music or a movie with a headset ...
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 45
... using them. Before using location-related services, on the Home screen touch
5 > Settings >
Location ... phone for the first time and touch a Google service such as Talk, Gmail, or Market, the phone ...account, create one as follows: 1. Open a Google service application, such as Talk, Gmail, or Market,...
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 46
... the drop-down list, and then enter the answer. 5. Touch Create. 6. When the Google Terms of Service screen is displayed, read the terms, and then touch I agree, Next if you... you want to add.
Gmail is Google's web-based email service. When you first set up your phone, you may have to set ...
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 47
2. In the To field, enter the recipient's email address. If you want to send the email to multiple recipients, separate their email addresses with commas. You can add as many recipients as you want. If you want to copy or blind copy the email to other recipients, touch Bcc. 3. Enter the email...
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 48
10.3.1 Opening the Latitude Application
On the Home screen, touch
5 > Latitude.
10.3.2 Adding a Friend
You can use Talk to invite friends. If they accept your invitation, they are added to your friend list, and you can share your location with them or view their locations using the Latitude ...
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 49
2. Touch Sharing options, and then touch the option you want to customize.
10.3.6 Removing a Friend
1. Open the Latitude application, and then touch a friend's name in your friend list. 2. Touch Remove this friend. 3. Touch OK.
10.3.7 Configuring Privacy Settings
Open the Latitude application, ...
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 50
... Touch a place to view more information about it or use the search box to search for other places.
Talk is Google's instant messaging service. You can use it to communicate in real time with other Google Talk users.
10.7.1 Opening the Talk Application
On the Home screen, touch
5 > Talk....
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 51
To accept a pending invitation, touch it and then touch Accept.
xxxxx XXXXX@gmail.com wants to chat with you. Will you xxxxx accept?
Accept xxxxxCancel Block
10.7.4 Starting a Chat
1. Open the Talk ...
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 52
The Maps application allows you to find your current location, view real-time traffic conditions (depending on availability in your locale), and get detailed directions to a destination. You can view various types of maps, including satellite images and traffic maps.
10.8.1 Enabling a ...
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 53
... the Market Application
On the Home screen, touch
5 > Market.
If you open the Market application for the first time, the Android Market Terms of Service window is displayed. Read the terms, and then touch Accept if you want to continue.
10.9.2 Searching for an Application
On the Market home page,...
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 54
10.10.1 Opening the YouTube Application
On the Home screen, touch
5 > YouTube.
When opening the YouTube application for the first time, the Terms of Service window is displayed. Read the terms, and then touch Accept if you want to continue.
10.10.2 Watching a Video
1. Open the YouTube ...
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 55
10.10.3 Searching for a Video
1. Open the YouTube application, and then touch
2. Enter the keywords in the search box, and then touch The search results are displayed. 3. Touch the video you want to watch.
6 > Search. :.
10.10.4 Sharing a Video
1. Touch the video that you want to share. 2. ...
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 56
... duplicate data into a single entry in Contacts. To add a contact: 1. On the Home screen, touch
5 > Settings > Accounts & sync.
The current synchronization settings and a list of your current accounts are displayed. In some cases, you may need to obtain account details from your service
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 57
... the type of account your want to add. 4. Follow the onscreen instructions to enter the required and optional information about the account. ...password, but the details depend on the type of account and the settings of the service to which you are connecting. 5. Configure the account. Depending on...
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 58
... synchronized to the account servers, and vice versa. Some accounts only support one-way synchronization. Data synchronized to your phone is read-only.... or clear the Background data check box to allow or forbid applications and services on your phone to send and receive data when they are running in ...
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 59
To access Google Calendar, touch
6 > More > Calendars. 6 > More > New event.
12.1.2 Creating an Event
1. Open the Calendar application, and then touch
2. On the Event details screen, enter the event name. • If there is a time frame for the event, touch From and To to set the start and end ...
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 60
• Select ringtone: Touch to select a ringtone for an event reminder. • Vibrate: Select this check box to make your phone vibrate when you receive an event notification. • Default reminder time: Touch to set the default reminder time.
The Clock application displays the date and ...
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 61
The Calculator application handles calculation from simple arithmetic problems to advanced operations.
12.3.1 Opening the Calculator Application
On the Home screen, touch
5 > Calculator.
12.3.2 Switching to the Advanced Panel
Open the Calculator application, and flick left or ...
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 62
.... When your phone is using the date and time settings automatically provided by the network, you cannot set the date, time, and time zone manually.
13.2 Configuring the Display Settings
13.2.1 Adjusting the Screen Brightness
1. On the Settings screen, touch Display > Brightness. 2. Drag the slider ...
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 63
... not in Silent mode.
13.4 Configuring Phone Services
13.4.1 Customizing the Call Settings
Your service provider offers various services such as call forwarding, call waiting, Fixed Dialing ... they are part of your calling plan. To customize the services, touch Call settings on the Settings screen.
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 64
...may incur additional charges. Contact your service provider for details about data roaming charges.
13.4.3 Turning Data Services Off
1. On the Settings screen, touch Wireless & networks > Mobile ... let it guide you through the process of downloading and installing the data. 3. Follow the instructions...
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 65
1. On the Settings screen, touch Location & security > Set up screen lock > Pattern. 2. Flick your finger vertically, horizontally or diagonally to connect at least four dots in any order. You must flick your finger on the screen to set up the pattern, not simply touching individual dots. ...
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 66
2. In the displayed application list, touch the application you want to remove, and then touch Uninstall.
13.7.3 Moving an Application
Some applications can be stored only in your phone's internal storage. Other applications can be stored either in your phone's internal storage or on your microSD ...
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 67
... and Precautions
This section contains important information pertaining to the operating instructions of your device. It also contains information about how to use ... pocket. • Some wireless devices may affect the performance of hearing aids. For any such problems, consult your service provider.
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 68
... a potentially explosive atmosphere, and comply with all signs and instructions. Areas that may have potentially explosive atmospheres include the areas ... deaths. Do not power on your device at refueling points such as service stations. Comply with restrictions on the use of radio equipment in fuel ...
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 69
Operating Environment • Do not use or charge the device in dusty, damp, and dirty places or places with magnetic fields. Otherwise, it may result in a malfunction of the circuit. • The device complies with the RF specifications when the device is used near your ear or at a distance of 0.59 inch...
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 70
...the device or battery. If the device or battery is dropped, especially on a hard surface, and the user suspects damage, take it to a qualified service center for inspection. • Improper battery use may result in a fire, explosion or other hazard. • Promptly dispose of used batteries in accordance...
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 71
• Only use the battery with a charging system that has been qualified with the system per this standard, IEEE-Std-1725-2006. Use of an unqualified battery or charger may present a risk of fire, explosion, leakage, or other hazard. • Replace the battery only with another battery that has been ...
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 72
...device immediately, and then contact an authorized service center in time. Emergency Call You can use your device for emergency calls in the service area. The connection, however, cannot be guaranteed... not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio...
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 73
turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures: --Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna. --Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver. --Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit ...
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 74
... determine if you hear any interfering noise. Consult your service provider or the manufacturer of this phone for information on hearing aid compatibility. If you have questions about return or exchange policies, consult your service provider or phone retailer. For more information about the FCC ...
- Huawei M920 | User Guide - Page 75
How do I stop music playback in the background? Flick down the notification bar to open the notification panel, and then touch the song that is playing. How do I return to the calling screen? Flick down the notification bar to open the notification panel, and then touch Current call. How do I add ...